**Offical Getting in Shape/Working Out**

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

I've been lifting for about 12 years now. I stopped doing the "1 muscle per week" a few years into it. You can get so much more done going other ways.

As always, one of the keys to lifting is changing things up - your weight, your routine, your time spent, etc. So I would not recommend one "super" routine to stick with year round. Plus everyone is different with different goals, height/weight, time, etc. But with that said I highly recommend circuit training combined with high intensity cardio throughout the week. You are gaining muscle, burning fat, and increasing your endurance.

For the people in here who simply do not know where to start, as mentioned earlier by others I would tell you to go to sites like bodybuilding.com or menshealth.com for information. They break it down for you very well, especially for regular dudes who just want to get back into lifting and don't have 3 hours a day to do so. You would be amazed the things you can get done in the gym even if you only have 20 mins every other day.

And lastly the key is to stick with anything you are doing. Results are not going to change overnight. But after several weeks you will see improvement, and then more, and then more. Stick with it.
Yeah before I was doing 2 muscles a day (chest/tricep, back/biceps etc.) but I felt like I wasn't going as hard as I could on the second muscle but I might go back to it

Can you give me some examples of  "circuit training" I kind of know what it is but I'm not 100%

^ You would be doing total body, supersets.

For example you would go from station to station doing say 3-4 different exercises, then rest. Then repeat the 3-4, then rest, etc.

You might go from chinups to squat to pushup, then rest.

Again, go to menshealth.com and bodybuilding and search for these, they have tons.

Yeah I'm not new to lifting
just new to different kinds of stuff
I started going to Ballys again in April but I canceled my membership recently so I might check out doing stuff at home bodyweight exercises maybe
but I'll check it out, thanks man.

Anyone want to post their full body routine? I've been doing a split body routine, but I want to try the full body. Thanks!

Damn you guys get on the grind serious. My only real goals are to do some form of physical exercise everyday, and to not eat after 9 pm. If I can manage those two my metabolism picks up and i look decent. My gymming consists sometimes of 15 minutes of resistance bands a day ahah. I live in a foreign country though so it is hard to eat all that stuff/find all that stuff, and to go to the gym regularly =/

To those going low-carb:

Drop all main carb sources.  Breads, beans, fruits, grains, and other foods that are 'go to' for carbs.  Nuts are fine and so is 1 avocado a day.

Don't get too caught up in counting carbs when on a low-carb diet.  Just don't eat main carb sources and you'll be straight.

I want to gain weight and muscle, i am 6'2" 166 lbs ive already cut out junk food and sodas and have increased the amount of food i eat but i cant seem to consume that many good calories, i have a very high metabolism if thats important, any other good tips? Hook me up NT

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

I want to gain weight and muscle, i am 6'2" 166 lbs ive already cut out junk food and sodas and have increased the amount of food i eat but i cant seem to consume that many good calories, i have a very high metabolism if thats important, any other good tips? Hook me up NT
Your Like Me. Im 6'4 200. Yeah i have a sugar tooth, but i only "pig" out on weekends. I Havent drank soda in years.. Try to eat 6-7 times a day but small portions like a chicken breast, sandwich etc.  DONT Fill yourself up.. but just enough for you to be content. Eat Alot of proteins man, take protein shakes throughout the day.. I eat alot of Trail mix.. and powerbars.. cuz im always on the go. Protein fruit and veggies, eat wise.. knock out the garbage and youll see results. Half the battle is Diet. Diet. Diet.

^^
pimp.gif
thanks man

I was recently told of this diet plan...

70% veggies and 30% protein OR carbs.  You can only have one or the other, cannot have both.  Does not matter how much total you eat, but must have balanced proportion of 70% veggies and 30% protein/carbs.  I haven't had a chance to try this diet out yet since I'm at home for the summer, but can anybody give me some good recipes?  Any input on the diet itself would be good too.
smile.gif

I think it is ridiculous how it is always recommended for people to eat tons of protein rich foods. That is totally false, most normal people don't even need to drink protein shakes considering they get more than enough in their daily diets, even those of you out there thinking you are lifting extra heavy and need it to help heal your muscles. Extra protein is stored as fat, which is what you are in the gym to prevent, so why would you stock up on protein when all it is doing is keeping you further from your goal?

Originally Posted by airblaster503

I think it is ridiculous how it is always recommended for people to eat tons of protein rich foods. That is totally false, most normal people don't even need to drink protein shakes considering they get more than enough in their daily diets, even those of you out there thinking you are lifting extra heavy and need it to help heal your muscles. Extra protein is stored as fat, which is what you are in the gym to prevent, so why would you stock up on protein when all it is doing is keeping you further from your goal?
Ohhhhhhhh ok, so people arent supposed to eat protein rich foods?  Got it.

Im all out on Protein. Whats a good one to get, I was at GNC today, I was debating on ON Gold Standard Whey Protein OR The ON Platinum Hydro Whey

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by airblaster503

Ohhhhhhhh ok, so people arent supposed to eat protein rich foods?  Got it.
What you said and what he said are completely different things.

how long does it take to start seeing results? i started working out about 3 weeks ago...

6'2" 158lbs, i'm trying to put on some muscle.

i heat about 4-5 times a day, but there are days where i only have time for 3 meals.

57b15cee5954256a0e7ae904542866ed06e80cd.bmp

Guys I'm having issues growing the areas in GREEN. I mean they are pretty big but my RED areas are much bigger Do you guys have any suggestions in working the GREEN areas without continuing to grow the RED areas that much? Thanks

Back
Top Bottom