**Offical Getting in Shape/Working Out**

anyone know if theres a "best" time during the day to run? i heard running, or even working out for the matter is best to do in the morning, as earlyas you can, anyone know anything about this?

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by RFX45

I am trying to adjust my diet and lower my carb intake.
It seems that an alternative to bread is whole wheat bread but can anyone tell me the benefits of whole wheat?
I've searched and almost every site says that regular and whole wheat breads have practically the same amount of proteins, carbs, etc...

Digestion rate.

White bread will digest very quickly while whole wheat bread takes longer for your body to get rid of thus making you feel fuller longer.

They seem to make wheat a much better choice for low carb diets, as if you can eat the same amount of both and you get a lot less carbs with the whole wheat.

Is this the same case with white rice vs. brown rice?
It seems that the amount of carbs is the same as well but again, brown rice is more recommended than white rice for a low carb diet.

brown rice is so much better, yes. always choose complex carbs (oats, whole grains, etc.) over simple carbs (anything white flour based, white rice, etc.)

gi index is what matters

Can some one post up a good diet, i.e. types of carbs, proteins and fats to consume?

Also, whats a good protein shake for a beginner to consumer?

Originally Posted by Rompe Toto

Summertime is the worst time for dieting 4th of july constantly outside breezys always wanna go out to eat. I have a hard time everyday with it. Also everyone wants to drink during the summertime

agreed. but its the best time to work out! that heat really gets the calories burningg.

Originally Posted by needsomejays

anyone know if theres a "best" time during the day to run? i heard running, or even working out for the matter is best to do in the morning, as early as you can, anyone know anything about this?

before eating anything.. if u run as soon as u wake up then ur body will use calories that are stored in ur body ( as fat ) to supply energy.

laugh.gif
at these threads being more about nutrition and supplements than actual working out.

people are that lazy, huh?

Originally Posted by Id Walk a Mile for a Camel

Originally Posted by Supafly122

Originally Posted by TOUCH MONEY

whats the best diet to flatten & cut up my stomach?
fixed
just do any calorie-restricted diet. burn more calories than you consume. weight will be shed. abs will be seen.
examples of what to eat during the day?
smile.gif
and what kind ofexercised would be good? would just running be good?

Originally Posted by size twelve

laugh.gif
at these threads being more about nutrition and supplements than actual working out.

people are that lazy, huh?

haha i see where ur coming from, but if u work out as hard as kobe & eat whatever u want u can pretty much say goodbye to all progress u might have made inur workout.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

fixed
just do any calorie-restricted diet. burn more calories than you consume. weight will be shed. abs will be seen.
smile.gif
and what kind of exercised would be good? would just running be good?

cardio & ab ripper x. say what we want but ab ripper x IS the best ab workout. as for food. id say stay away from rice & bread & pasta & ofcourse sweets & fried food. focus more on protein (chicken, steak [but not too much], shrimp, egg whites). & if u really cant stay away from bread wellwonder offers light wheat bread that has only 40 calories per slice! great for ur diet. found at wal-mart for like 3$
pimp.gif

EDITT:wow:h & almost forgot! dont eat for 3 hrs before bed. that way ur body digests all the food while ur awake & when u go to sleep ur body will run onexcess calories (that are stored as fat)

Originally Posted by bossjulio

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

fixed
smile.gif
and what kind of exercised would be good? would just running be good?

cardio & ab ripper x. say what we want but ab ripper x IS the best ab workout. as for food. id say stay away from rice & bread & pasta & of course sweets & fried food. focus more on protein (chicken, steak [but not too much], shrimp, egg whites). & if u really cant stay away from bread well wonder offers light wheat bread that has only 40 calories per slice! great for ur diet. found at wal-mart for like 3$
pimp.gif

EDITT:wow:h & almost forgot! dont eat for 3 hrs before bed. that way ur body digests all the food while ur awake & when u go to sleep ur body will run on excess calories (that are stored as fat)
So just eat chicken and eggs all day. Any particular way i should cook them? Also i would have to burn more calories than consuming, correct?

Eat your carbs people, just make sure they are the right kind. You will be noticeably weaker while lifting if you don't. Just don't consume too much(50g before lunch) and you should be fine. My eating routine:

6 egg whites scrambled with two whole eggs two slices of wheat bread for breakfast, snack in between is a hand full of peanuts or some type of fruit, lunch is2 cans of tuna on top of a bag of mixed veggies, an hour later my pre-work out shake followed by my post work out shake, dinner for me is 2 pieces of chickenbreast and steamed veggies, snack and hour and a half later is an apple and before bed I usually make some type of fruit shake usually blue berries or bananas.

If im trying to gain mass I usually eat rice with my lunch and dinner and a bit more bread.

how much running do you guys suggest if im trying to flatten my stomach/tone it?

This might help in determining how much calories are burnt when running.

http://www.clevelandclini...interactive/calories.asp .

Here's a good guide. First determine the BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate = the number of calories you'd burn if you stayed in bed all day).
http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/ .

And then follow this or multiply your BMR to the link below to determine how much calories you need to maintain your weight, depending on how active you are.
http://www.bmi-calculator...arris-benedict-equation/ .

Once you know your numbers, then you can determine how much calories you should burn to lose weight (by burning more than you consume).
Also remember, eating an extra 500 calories equals to 1 pound gain in a week and vice versa.

Of course this is all a simple calculations to give a broad look into your diet.
Do not take it as being very accurate but I think it is a good guide to see where you are at and how to start.

i need a workout partner cuz i dont have the discipline to to do it my damn self. i'll do it for like a week them stop. sad part is i have everything i need to get in shape right in the basement
smh.gif

A lot of people have this issue, honestly though you might be hesitant to hit the gym by yourself at first but I guarantee you will meet peoplewho workout consistently that very first week.

whats the best diet to flatten my stomach?
1) Lots of cardio - a lot of my friends that want a flat stomach and/or abs, simply do not run enough. A helpful alternative to jogging on thestreet or running on the treadmill is swimming (one of the best forms of cardio) and playing a sport like basketball/soccer.

2) Start working your abs - most common misconception I hear is people saying I'll start working my abs AFTER I cut all the fat off my stomach. No, startas soon as you can with basic ab workouts like crunches, leg lifts, etc. Then you can begin to introduce more complex exercises to your routine (likeincorporating weights), that way in the process of "cutting" you're building abs gradually and cutting the excess fat off your stomachsimultaneously.

The great thing about cardio/working abs is that you can honestly do it every day. It's not like other muscles that require longer rest periods. If youstick to it, you could see beginning results within 2 1/2-3 weeks obviously depending on your starting point.

3) Eating right - as mentioned, definitely need to lower your daily intake of calories. Doesn't mean you need to starve yourself because that's provento have an opposite effect where your body tries to overcompensate for the lack of incoming nutrition. Not very specific but protein clearly takes priorityover carbs due to the fact we all know protein helps develop lean muscle. In addition, the hardest thing I find for people is cutting out sodas, desserts, andjunk food in general. You can indulge carefully meaning a slice of cake once a week for example. But it's really all about self-control and discipline.Trust me, I know how hard it can be to resist going through a bag of Lays potato chips...but only you know if the sacrifice is worth it long-term. Not to soundcliche but I really do believe eating healthy and staying active/physically fit improves an individual's quality of life as well as the mental state, youfeel a sense of purpose and accomplishment.

Oh and I almost forgot to mention that studies have shown that the contents of alcohol tend to attach to your waistline so if you're looking for a flatstomach, limit the amount of alcohol you drink especially beer.
laugh.gif
The thing is eating healthy and taking supplements is only part of it...to see full results in building muscle and increasing definition, youobviously have to lift weights and cardio consistently.

Is it better to run before a workout or afterward?
You're supposed to lift first and cardio, work abs, etc. after.

how much running do you guys suggest if im trying to flatten my stomach/tone it?
As much as you can. Push yourself, man. Find a starting point that you're comfortable with maybe 1 1/2-2 miles a day. It's important butdifficult to remain consistent. It helps to switch up your routine much like lifting. For example, if you live in the suburbs then run a certain distancearound your neighborhood few days a week. Couple other days you can play basketball with friends or hit the pool for half an hour. I usually recommend stayingaway from treadmills because they're bad for your knees, but some people don't have a choice.

Tone is more about working your abs. Like I said in my previous post, start with basic exercises like crunches and leg lifts.

as far as cardio goes, i do HIIT twice a week. (15-20 minutes each session)
one day during the week, ill run 3 miles (steady pace in 30 minutes).
the rest of my cardio comes from volleyball and basketball.

The great thing about cardio/working abs is that you can honestly do it every day. It's not like other muscles that require longer rest periods
its no different than any other muscle in your body
laugh.gif

^ You serious, bro? Are you telling me that you work chest or arms (biceps/triceps) every day??

I doubt you'd even be able to honestly-speaking. People that work chest for example more than twice a week is a rarity and considered extreme. You shouldbe pretty sore after a workout for at least a full day...how many exercises are you doing when you work a particular muscle (chest)?

as far as cardio goes, i do HIIT twice a week. (15-20 minutes each session)
one day during the week, ill run 3 miles (steady pace in 30 minutes).
the rest of my cardio comes from volleyball and basketball.
Good model as far as I can see. Maybe just throw in an extra day of the 3-mile run...but stick with it, man.

HIIT or high-interval intensity training isn't really for beginners in case anyone's wondering. It's short but intense as most people will tellyou. Basically HIIT is cardio focused on burning fat. A session of HIIT usually runs 15-25 minutes and consists of one minute jogging followed by 30 seconds ofsprinting. That's the general model to follow: a 2-1 ratio jog-sprint. Sessions length and ratio of jog-sprint may vary. Essentially there are no"breaks" which makes it difficult for beginners.

Originally Posted by C5A5D5A5

The great thing about cardio/working abs is that you can honestly do it every day. It's not like other muscles that require longer rest periods
its no different than any other muscle in your body
laugh.gif

cats on here are OD'n
smh.gif
you do not run everyday or ab workoutseveryday your body needs time to rest

Back
Top Bottom