C: Al Horford
W: Carlos Boozer
W: Ray Allen

WEST
G: Manu Ginobili
G: Deron Williams
F: Dirk Nowitzki
F: Blake Griffin
C: Pau Gasol (I know he was a forward on the ballot, but he's played more minutes at C and I think the league should just roll with it as the West doesn't have a single C who deserves the spot).
W: Kevin Love
W: LaMarcus Aldridge

I gave my reasoning in a post on my blog today if anyone cares to read it.  Click the link in my signature.
left off Westbrook. Negative repped once I get to the other site

grin.gif

Who would you suggest I take out to include Westbrook?  He's got better numbers than Ginobili, but Manu's closed out so many games for the Spurs and they have the best record in the league.  Deron Williams has similar numbers... I guess there's an argument to be made there.  I feel like LaMarcus Aldridge deserves it for carrying the Blazers with all those injuries.  Everyone else I listed in the West I feel HAVE to be included.

Argument?
Again...Westbrook is the ONLY player in the NBA averaging 20+, 5, 8. I think Deron should be an AS...but over Westbrook? No way.

Ok, that's fair.  I think Westbrook has been plenty good enough, I just have a hard time removing anyone I listed to give him his spot.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by StroShow4

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

Originally Posted by StroShow4

I've got...

EAST
G: Raymond Felton
G: Joe Johnson
F: Paul Pierce
F: Kevin Garnett
C: Al Horford
W: Carlos Boozer
W: Ray Allen

WEST
G: Manu Ginobili
G: Deron Williams
F: Dirk Nowitzki
F: Blake Griffin
C: Pau Gasol (I know he was a forward on the ballot, but he's played more minutes at C and I think the league should just roll with it as the West doesn't have a single C who deserves the spot).
W: Kevin Love
W: LaMarcus Aldridge

I gave my reasoning in a post on my blog today if anyone cares to read it.  Click the link in my signature.
left off Westbrook. Negative repped once I get to the other site

grin.gif

Who would you suggest I take out to include Westbrook?  He's got better numbers than Ginobili, but Manu's closed out so many games for the Spurs and they have the best record in the league.  Deron Williams has similar numbers... I guess there's an argument to be made there.  I feel like LaMarcus Aldridge deserves it for carrying the Blazers with all those injuries.  Everyone else I listed in the West I feel HAVE to be included.

Argument?
Again...Westbrook is the ONLY player in the NBA averaging 20+, 5, 8. I think Deron should be an AS...but over Westbrook? No way.

Ok, that's fair.  I think Westbrook has been plenty good enough, I just have a hard time removing anyone I listed to give him his spot.

gasol is having a better season than duncan, but if they'd play the same amount of minutes i think the ppg would be the same, and the spurs have the best record. either way duncan will be an all star whether it is as a starter or a sub. no doubt that popovich would select him.

Kg isnt really having an all star season. his points are down, his team is having a good record not because of him. more cause of rondo, pierce and allen. i wouldnt pick josh smith, i'd pick boozer over kg.

so is it a numbers game to all of you or is it who has the best record? cause if it is based on record, the griffin and love arent even an option, if it is a numbers game then kg is not an option or shaq.

gasol is having a better season than duncan, but if they'd play the same amount of minutes i think the ppg would be the same, and the spurs have the best record. either way duncan will be an all star whether it is as a starter or a sub. no doubt that popovich would select him.

Kg isnt really having an all star season. his points are down, his team is having a good record not because of him. more cause of rondo, pierce and allen. i wouldnt pick josh smith, i'd pick boozer over kg.

so is it a numbers game to all of you or is it who has the best record? cause if it is based on record, the griffin and love arent even an option, if it is a numbers game then kg is not an option or shaq.

gasol is having a better season than duncan, but if they'd play the same amount of minutes i think the ppg would be the same
There are ways to check that kind of thing. Pau averages 17.7 points per 36 minutes, Duncan averages 16.7.

his team is having a good record not because of him. more cause of rondo, pierce and allen.
That's just not true at all. Are you sure you're not thinking of the first half of last season when he was dragging his leg around and getting beaten off the dribble by the likes of Rashard Lewis? Because that's not what the current KG looks like.

gasol is having a better season than duncan, but if they'd play the same amount of minutes i think the ppg would be the same
There are ways to check that kind of thing. Pau averages 17.7 points per 36 minutes, Duncan averages 16.7.

his team is having a good record not because of him. more cause of rondo, pierce and allen.
That's just not true at all. Are you sure you're not thinking of the first half of last season when he was dragging his leg around and getting beaten off the dribble by the likes of Rashard Lewis? Because that's not what the current KG looks like.

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Originally Posted by Storm2006

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

Originally Posted by JD617

KG is not deserving this year.
laugh.gif

no he doesnt deserve it. not based on numbers, he missed 9 games. and kg is not the only one that got the celtics the winning record. pierce, allen, rondo, even shaq deserve to be all stars then.

i think stern should replace yao with duncan. he can easily play center. and is in the same situation as gasol, who isnt a true center either.

Gasol's having a better season, though so I feel he would get the start over TD based on that although the Spurs have the better record.
Gasol should make it, and what do numbers have to do with anything? KG is playing some of the best defense of anyone in the league. 
Since when the hell has that been a measuring stick for who should be an all star or not?
It's an individual accomplishment. Numbers mean ALOT. If they didn't...then why are we even ENTERTAINING the idea of Love/Griffin being in the game?

So if you don't put up stats you can't make the all-star game? I just don't see who is deserving over KG

laugh.gif

no he doesnt deserve it. not based on numbers, he missed 9 games. and kg is not the only one that got the celtics the winning record. pierce, allen, rondo, even shaq deserve to be all stars then.

i think stern should replace yao with duncan. he can easily play center. and is in the same situation as gasol, who isnt a true center either.

Gasol's having a better season, though so I feel he would get the start over TD based on that although the Spurs have the better record.
Gasol should make it, and what do numbers have to do with anything? KG is playing some of the best defense of anyone in the league. 
Since when the hell has that been a measuring stick for who should be an all star or not?
It's an individual accomplishment. Numbers mean ALOT. If they didn't...then why are we even ENTERTAINING the idea of Love/Griffin being in the game?

So if you don't put up stats you can't make the all-star game? I just don't see who is deserving over KG

laugh.gif

boozer

laugh.gif

boozer

got tickets to the Rookie Challenge, please don't let Blake make the All-Star team.

got tickets to the Rookie Challenge, please don't let Blake make the All-Star team.

west:
pau (should replace yao)
dirk
love (he has to be!)
westbrook
duncan
poster child
aldrigde
d.will

man too many deserving players on the west
laugh.gif

i'll be cool just as long as pau, d.will, blake and love make it