Offical All Star Reserves Thread

Originally Posted by nbafatso

Originally Posted by diew its james

when was the last time a rookie was voted into the all star game?

Yao, 03?
That's fan voting. And we all know why Yao started that game.
The last coaches vote was Tim Duncan in 98.

Originally Posted by nbafatso

Originally Posted by diew its james

when was the last time a rookie was voted into the all star game?

Yao, 03?
That's fan voting. And we all know why Yao started that game.
The last coaches vote was Tim Duncan in 98.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Steve Nash is in TNT's ASG commercial. I guess he's already been tabbed as the replacement.

That commercial was made before the picks were even submitted. Though. I peeped it last week
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Steve Nash is in TNT's ASG commercial. I guess he's already been tabbed as the replacement.

That commercial was made before the picks were even submitted. Though. I peeped it last week
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

Originally Posted by DajonDondo

All 4 Celtics Deserve it. No doubt about that.

Fixed. Only Ray Allen and Paul Pierce deserve it
laugh.gif
 Rondo doesn't deserve it? And imagine that Celtics team without Garnett. He's the whole heart behind that team. If you took Duncan's old *$@ off the Spurs right now and just inserted Blair and McDyess down low with TP, Ginobli and Jefferson I don't think you'd see anywhere near the same drop off.

laugh.gif
 Rondo doesn't deserve it? And imagine that Celtics team without Garnett. He's the whole heart behind that team. If you took Duncan's old *$@ off the Spurs right now and just inserted Blair and McDyess down low with TP, Ginobli and Jefferson I don't think you'd see anywhere near the same drop off.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

laugh.gif
Did you see dude's post earlier? He said Rondo isn't an AS because only averages 10 points. You can't take dudes like that seriously.
If there is ANY Celtic that deserves to be an AS it's Rondo first and foremost.

As for Garnett/Duncan...I guess it's just all on what you believe constitutes an All Star. Personally...I don't believe that because that all of that  "If you take ___ off the team" stuff has anything to do with being an all star. 

There has to be a decent balance between team success and individual success (unless the individual success is something major...like Kevin Love. In the case of KG and Duncan...those are clearly prestige picks. You can directly pin point their AS selections to their teams and their names. I don't even see how you can argue that.

Somewhere around the mid 2000's...It seems like the coaches got so fed up with Fan Voting that it seems like they changed the criteria for making their selections to start rewarding guys on good teams. I saw this trend coming when they put those 4 Pistons in the ASG years ago. This explains how Mitch Richmond was a 6 time AS with the Kings...but a guy like Monta Ellis can't seem to get over the hump.

Everyone in here knows damn well...that the NBA we watched growing up didn't have guys putting up pedestrian numbers (for star standards) and making the ASG. It always seemed like the guys who were playing the most out of their minds were the ones in the game. 

It's BS to me. I think the guys with the most impressive individual performances should be chosen with a TAD bit of team success influence. 

Originally Posted by Buc Em

laugh.gif
Did you see dude's post earlier? He said Rondo isn't an AS because only averages 10 points. You can't take dudes like that seriously.
If there is ANY Celtic that deserves to be an AS it's Rondo first and foremost.

As for Garnett/Duncan...I guess it's just all on what you believe constitutes an All Star. Personally...I don't believe that because that all of that  "If you take ___ off the team" stuff has anything to do with being an all star. 

There has to be a decent balance between team success and individual success (unless the individual success is something major...like Kevin Love. In the case of KG and Duncan...those are clearly prestige picks. You can directly pin point their AS selections to their teams and their names. I don't even see how you can argue that.

Somewhere around the mid 2000's...It seems like the coaches got so fed up with Fan Voting that it seems like they changed the criteria for making their selections to start rewarding guys on good teams. I saw this trend coming when they put those 4 Pistons in the ASG years ago. This explains how Mitch Richmond was a 6 time AS with the Kings...but a guy like Monta Ellis can't seem to get over the hump.

Everyone in here knows damn well...that the NBA we watched growing up didn't have guys putting up pedestrian numbers (for star standards) and making the ASG. It always seemed like the guys who were playing the most out of their minds were the ones in the game. 

It's BS to me. I think the guys with the most impressive individual performances should be chosen with a TAD bit of team success influence. 

Not about to read the whole thread, but Griffin is in the game because of his production & HIGHLIGHT ability. Love is producing at a better clip, but playing under the basket doesn't help his case; not even from the coaches as evidenced by his snub.

This notion was not considered though in naming KG & Duncan.

Not about to read the whole thread, but Griffin is in the game because of his production & HIGHLIGHT ability. Love is producing at a better clip, but playing under the basket doesn't help his case; not even from the coaches as evidenced by his snub.

This notion was not considered though in naming KG & Duncan.

/\ Dudes seem to really have a problem w/ Gasol's selection. I think it's deserved. And I know he's probably just mad but even Lamarcus Aldridge commented on Gasol's selection yesterday and said he "guess it's because they're 2nd in the West".

/\ Dudes seem to really have a problem w/ Gasol's selection. I think it's deserved. And I know he's probably just mad but even Lamarcus Aldridge commented on Gasol's selection yesterday and said he "guess it's because they're 2nd in the West".

I have no problem with Pau making it, even though its a little flawed. He puts up very similar numbers in Memphis, yet he never made an all-star game except for 1 season. The team you play for definitely influence coaches. The main reason he made the team was because his team was winning, which goes back to my point on other guys making it with TERRIBLE  records and I'm sure thats how Love didn't get in. You said record should have a tad bit influence, but you can't hide having the 2nd worst record in the league. Its just not going to cut it. You think if Duncan, KG, Dirk or any of those guys were putting up those numbers that their team would be the 2nd worst team in the league?
They use the same logic for guys who teams have great records, but their numbers aren't that great. I don't think Duncan should've made it at all. I don't care if his team is the best in the league, he has career low numbers. Its not like the East where there weren't THAT many deserving guys, but in the West its that way. 

People say that Nash and Aldridge deserve to be in, but Zach name is rarely mentioned. They say its because Aldridge and Nash leading those teams to decent records. Who had Memphis being where they are right now to say Zbo doesn't deserve to be in? Most people had Memphis finishing 11th or 12th in the West, but I guess he's excused from the talk. 

I have no problem with Pau making it, even though its a little flawed. He puts up very similar numbers in Memphis, yet he never made an all-star game except for 1 season. The team you play for definitely influence coaches. The main reason he made the team was because his team was winning, which goes back to my point on other guys making it with TERRIBLE  records and I'm sure thats how Love didn't get in. You said record should have a tad bit influence, but you can't hide having the 2nd worst record in the league. Its just not going to cut it. You think if Duncan, KG, Dirk or any of those guys were putting up those numbers that their team would be the 2nd worst team in the league?
They use the same logic for guys who teams have great records, but their numbers aren't that great. I don't think Duncan should've made it at all. I don't care if his team is the best in the league, he has career low numbers. Its not like the East where there weren't THAT many deserving guys, but in the West its that way. 

People say that Nash and Aldridge deserve to be in, but Zach name is rarely mentioned. They say its because Aldridge and Nash leading those teams to decent records. Who had Memphis being where they are right now to say Zbo doesn't deserve to be in? Most people had Memphis finishing 11th or 12th in the West, but I guess he's excused from the talk. 

I think it's deserved too. I guess everyone's forgetting that he was one of the best players in the entire league in the first month of the season.

I think it's deserved too. I guess everyone's forgetting that he was one of the best players in the entire league in the first month of the season.

Originally Posted by JD617

I don't agree with that logic. Rudy Gay was also one of the best players in the entire league during the first month and his numbers took a deep just like Pau. Like many people say, the first month of the season doesn't really mean much.

Back
Top Bottom