Offical All Star Reserves Thread

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Why Kevin Love so much more deserving than Z-Bo?
Because he's better?
Highly debatable.
Love is a better passer, scorer, and defender. He's also able to stretch the floor, and is reliable from the stripe, two areas in which Randolph does not excel. Edge to Love in rebounding (rebound rate 23% to 21%). And they both play mediocre defense at best. So what's the case for Z-Bo?

Kevin Love is not a better scorer than Zach Randolph.

Zach Randolph has the best low post game in the NBA.

Kevin Love is a better defender? Really? Based on what?
Boxing out and rebounding is a defensive skill, hence he's a better defender.
He's a better scorer because he can score in more ways than Randolph can, and does it efficiently.
Wait, what?

Originally Posted by jumpmantwenty3

Because he's better?
Highly debatable.
Love is a better passer, scorer, and defender. He's also able to stretch the floor, and is reliable from the stripe, two areas in which Randolph does not excel. Edge to Love in rebounding (rebound rate 23% to 21%). And they both play mediocre defense at best. So what's the case for Z-Bo?

He's a better scorer because he can score in more ways than Randolph can, and does it efficiently.
Wait, what?
I already said Randolph and Love are both mediocre man to man and help defenders. So in order to differentiate between the two, look at the skill defensive rebounding to assess who is the superior defender. Regardless, the point stands that Love is the superior player overall.

Because he's better?
Highly debatable.

Wait, what?
I already said Randolph and Love are both mediocre man to man and help defenders. So in order to differentiate between the two, look at the skill defensive rebounding to assess who is the superior defender. Regardless, the point stands that Love is the superior player overall.

And the fact Love hits 43% from threes and 87% from the line, and is putting up more than 20 & 15...it's really no competition.

And the fact Love hits 43% from threes and 87% from the line, and is putting up more than 20 & 15...it's really no competition.

Because he's better?
Highly debatable.

Wait, what?

In 07-08 Kevin Garnett and Dirk Nowitzki averaged the exact same amount of defensive rebounds a game.

You really think Dirk and Kevin Garnett were even in the same ballpark defensively that year?

I think Kevin Love is having a great season and a slightly better one than Zach Randolph individually but yall are acting like his season just killing Zach Randolph's, like its absurd to even compare the two.

Kevin Love is having a slightly better statistical season than Zach Randolph a whopping 1.4 points and 2.3 rounds more.  Zach's field goal percentage is still higher as well.

And Zach's team has won more than twice as many games but its really no competition? Sure
laugh.gif

Edit-These dudes just went to head to head last night But really its no compettion?!?
roll.gif
roll.gif

Because he's better?
Highly debatable.

Wait, what?

In 07-08 Kevin Garnett and Dirk Nowitzki averaged the exact same amount of defensive rebounds a game.

You really think Dirk and Kevin Garnett were even in the same ballpark defensively that year?

I think Kevin Love is having a great season and a slightly better one than Zach Randolph individually but yall are acting like his season just killing Zach Randolph's, like its absurd to even compare the two.

Kevin Love is having a slightly better statistical season than Zach Randolph a whopping 1.4 points and 2.3 rounds more.  Zach's field goal percentage is still higher as well.

And Zach's team has won more than twice as many games but its really no competition? Sure
laugh.gif

Edit-These dudes just went to head to head last night But really its no compettion?!?
roll.gif
roll.gif

LOL at the KG and Dirk comparison. Notice I attempted to use man to man and help defense in order to initially compare, while you conveniently jumped on the rebounding to improve your argument by attempting to undermine my response.

No one said it wasn't close at all, what I did basically say was that in a comparison of the two, an ironclad case can be made for Love being the better one. A rational case cannot be made for Randolph, regardless of how you want to spin it.

And luckily for us we have more than just one game in order to base our opinion off of.

LOL at the KG and Dirk comparison. Notice I attempted to use man to man and help defense in order to initially compare, while you conveniently jumped on the rebounding to improve your argument by attempting to undermine my response.

No one said it wasn't close at all, what I did basically say was that in a comparison of the two, an ironclad case can be made for Love being the better one. A rational case cannot be made for Randolph, regardless of how you want to spin it.

And luckily for us we have more than just one game in order to base our opinion off of.

Love got robbed , i mean i know people love duncan and all. they have the best record in the league and all but hes putting up career lows in scoring and rebounding. there is no way he should be an all star. especially with guys like love and aldridge having break out seasons

Love got robbed , i mean i know people love duncan and all. they have the best record in the league and all but hes putting up career lows in scoring and rebounding. there is no way he should be an all star. especially with guys like love and aldridge having break out seasons

How you can say its "ironclad" the Kevin Love is having a better season than Zach Randolph given team success and individual performances I just don't know.

Bro you brought up rebounding I simply responded to you stupidly using that as a justification as why Kevin Love is a better defender. 

How you can say its "ironclad" the Kevin Love is having a better season than Zach Randolph given team success and individual performances I just don't know.

Bro you brought up rebounding I simply responded to you stupidly using that as a justification as why Kevin Love is a better defender. 

It's ironclad because Love is measurably better in every facet of the game. Even just watching the two play, can you say that Randolph has a bigger overall impact on the game than Love. No. And every metric would support Love in this comparison. Team success is exactly that, the function of a team. Minnesota has terrible personnel, with a terrible coach, and an offensive system that doesn't fit. All of these factors contribute to the abject failure on the team level, with Kevin Love being least to blame. 

As for the rebounding, you stupidly misconstrued my argument to take it that I said that without regard to anything else, Love is the better defensive rebounder so he's the better defensive player. What I actually said was that their man to man and help defensive abilities are a wash, with neither being particularly effective. So looking at other areas of defense, namely defensive rebounding, we see a decisive edge towards Love, leading me to rate Love's defense slightly, but surely above Randolph's, which contributes to the larger argument that Love > Randolph. 

It's ironclad because Love is measurably better in every facet of the game. Even just watching the two play, can you say that Randolph has a bigger overall impact on the game than Love. No. And every metric would support Love in this comparison. Team success is exactly that, the function of a team. Minnesota has terrible personnel, with a terrible coach, and an offensive system that doesn't fit. All of these factors contribute to the abject failure on the team level, with Kevin Love being least to blame. 

As for the rebounding, you stupidly misconstrued my argument to take it that I said that without regard to anything else, Love is the better defensive rebounder so he's the better defensive player. What I actually said was that their man to man and help defensive abilities are a wash, with neither being particularly effective. So looking at other areas of defense, namely defensive rebounding, we see a decisive edge towards Love, leading me to rate Love's defense slightly, but surely above Randolph's, which contributes to the larger argument that Love > Randolph. 

Originally Posted by krazy88s

This game looks wack on paper.

Ehh...I can't wait to see that East starting 5 on a fast break.
Originally Posted by franchise3

Big Z made the All-Star team back in 03 or whatever and the Cavs had like 10 wins..

So, we should throw that helping a team win pre-requisite out the window.

Maybe we shouldn't give GM's/coaches all of the votes.

Let players vote a dude or two in.

They didn't have a choice...they had to pick a center. 

Originally Posted by krazy88s

This game looks wack on paper.

Ehh...I can't wait to see that East starting 5 on a fast break.
Originally Posted by franchise3

Big Z made the All-Star team back in 03 or whatever and the Cavs had like 10 wins..

So, we should throw that helping a team win pre-requisite out the window.

Maybe we shouldn't give GM's/coaches all of the votes.

Let players vote a dude or two in.

They didn't have a choice...they had to pick a center. 

Back
Top Bottom