Offical All Star Reserves Thread

Nash should be in.. I'm not saying that because I'm a Suns fan, but without him the Suns would be where the Cavs are.  Put any PG in exchange in Nash's place and the Suns would be worst.  
If the fans pick because of the record of the Suns, I agree with Nash being out, but stat wise I'll take him over a lot of the West's PG's.  Look out the big picture, and see who Steve Nash is surrounded on with, compared to other players.  C'mon Nash has Robin Lopez as a starting center for him.
sick.gif

And as of late, he's making Marcin Gortat look like a monster

Originally Posted by abovelegit1

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

You can make relatively nitpicky criticisms about everyone. I'm still bothered by CP3 and New Orleans' record and the fact he only takes 11 shots a night and especially in the 4th just passes the ball to West and Ariza and watches them miss and their chances of winning fade away. He's the best shooter statistically, shoot the damn ball! Go win the game! He used to do it singlehandedly on a regular basis. Seems like he cares about his PER and advanced stats more than winning
Dumbest thing I've ever heard. Pray tell, why would an NBA point guard care more about some formulaic advanced stat than winning? Can you come up with one legitimate reason? 
Only the ill-informed are up in arms because he isn't putting up an arbitrary scoring benchmark of 20 points per. Like that means anything. 

Winning? They're only a half game back of your precious Thunder if you hadn't noticed. All with an inferior roster, and the two worst starting wings in the league. The only reason he isn't scoring more is because the Hornets' wings are so bad, the defense can horizontally shrink the floor, and limit the driving and passing lanes of Paul. I've also seen teams play him with a box and 1 defense year, especially during critical possessions. He should be faulted because he regularly makes the correct basketball play, instead of forcing it? Really?

Nice analysis Juan Baller. Disagree on Ginobli though, he's been their best player on both ends this year, even with his slump.
didn't they start 11-1 though? Every other previous team to start that hot (
glasses.gif
made the finals. If his wings and teammates are so terrible (which I think you are exaggerating anyhow and btw we start a wing who averages 4ppg), then is passing them the ball in crucial moments of the game, the correct basketball play? Why did his FGAs go down by 6 between this yr and last yr? You want Poindexter type dudes shooting those shots? I knowwith us, if KD is double teamed and Thabo is open in the corner 3, I'll probably defend it either way but I'm not mad at him if he still shoots that. He's the all star. Thabo is Thabo, If it's James and Jeff, maybe like 40% of me says pass that and 60% says shoot and I'm riding with your decision. But if it's Maynor or Thabo, look them off. Well Maynors % ain't bad but he needs a good 6 seconds to t it up so not at end of clock situations.

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

You can make relatively nitpicky criticisms about everyone. I'm still bothered by CP3 and New Orleans' record and the fact he only takes 11 shots a night and especially in the 4th just passes the ball to West and Ariza and watches them miss and their chances of winning fade away. He's the best shooter statistically, shoot the damn ball! Go win the game! He used to do it singlehandedly on a regular basis. Seems like he cares about his PER and advanced stats more than winning
Dumbest thing I've ever heard. Pray tell, why would an NBA point guard care more about some formulaic advanced stat than winning? Can you come up with one legitimate reason? 
Only the ill-informed are up in arms because he isn't putting up an arbitrary scoring benchmark of 20 points per. Like that means anything. 

Winning? They're only a half game back of your precious Thunder if you hadn't noticed. All with an inferior roster, and the two worst starting wings in the league. The only reason he isn't scoring more is because the Hornets' wings are so bad, the defense can horizontally shrink the floor, and limit the driving and passing lanes of Paul. I've also seen teams play him with a box and 1 defense year, especially during critical possessions. He should be faulted because he regularly makes the correct basketball play, instead of forcing it? Really?

Nice analysis Juan Baller. Disagree on Ginobli though, he's been their best player on both ends this year, even with his slump.
didn't they start 11-1 though? Every other previous team to start that hot (
glasses.gif
made the finals. If his wings and teammates are so terrible (which I think you are exaggerating anyhow and btw we start a wing who averages 4ppg), then is passing them the ball in crucial moments of the game, the correct basketball play? Why did his FGAs go down by 6 between this yr and last yr? You want Poindexter type dudes shooting those shots? I knowwith us, if KD is double teamed and Thabo is open in the corner 3, I'll probably defend it either way but I'm not mad at him if he still shoots that. He's the all star. Thabo is Thabo, If it's James and Jeff, maybe like 40% of me says pass that and 60% says shoot and I'm riding with your decision. But if it's Maynor or Thabo, look them off. Well Maynors % ain't bad but he needs a good 6 seconds to t it up so not at end of clock situations.

Comparison to KD is erroneous because Chris Paul is a point guard. His job is to quarterback the offense, and if the defense if overplaying his driving lanes, and a teammate has a wide open shot, then the correct play is indeed to pass the ball. If it's your opinion that a star player should always take the shot regardless of the defense then that's your perspective. But being clutch is more than just taking and making shots. What about clutch assists? Clutch defense?

This isn't even a debate. His value and production as a player are shown by numerous metrics, and they just won 10 games in a row last month en route to a current fifth seed. And he's playing with a weak roster as spelled out in my last two posts. Yet you're mad because he's putting up 3 less points then is considered "elite?" Why? What is your beef with him? He's playing as well as anyone, and they are winning at a rate not indicative of their mediocre personnel. Case closed.

Comparison to KD is erroneous because Chris Paul is a point guard. His job is to quarterback the offense, and if the defense if overplaying his driving lanes, and a teammate has a wide open shot, then the correct play is indeed to pass the ball. If it's your opinion that a star player should always take the shot regardless of the defense then that's your perspective. But being clutch is more than just taking and making shots. What about clutch assists? Clutch defense?

This isn't even a debate. His value and production as a player are shown by numerous metrics, and they just won 10 games in a row last month en route to a current fifth seed. And he's playing with a weak roster as spelled out in my last two posts. Yet you're mad because he's putting up 3 less points then is considered "elite?" Why? What is your beef with him? He's playing as well as anyone, and they are winning at a rate not indicative of their mediocre personnel. Case closed.

Originally Posted by kash55

Terrible just terrible. Bosh, 4 celtics, tim duncan.....what are they thinking? I am angry.

The all star game is just a popularity contest, $*$% disgusts me.  I don't give a rats %%! to watch the same player every year, Tim Duncan, Ray Allan, KG, none of those dudes deserve to be out there, even Dirk with the way he has played this year.  I am going to be a bit of a homer but Lamarcus should have made easily, dude has been putting up career numbers and just had 40/12 against the Spurs the other night, he is literally carrying the Blazers on his back to a winning record.  NBA continues to be a joke, from the All Star game, to the crappy dunk contest, and to the horrible officiating.

Terrible just terrible. Bosh, 4 celtics, tim duncan.....what are they thinking? I am angry.

The all star game is just a popularity contest, $*$% disgusts me.  I don't give a rats %%! to watch the same player every year, Tim Duncan, Ray Allan, KG, none of those dudes deserve to be out there, even Dirk with the way he has played this year.  I am going to be a bit of a homer but Lamarcus should have made easily, dude has been putting up career numbers and just had 40/12 against the Spurs the other night, he is literally carrying the Blazers on his back to a winning record.  NBA continues to be a joke, from the All Star game, to the crappy dunk contest, and to the horrible officiating.

Originally Posted by bittersweet

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Luol Deng should have made it.
30t6p3b.gif

He really deserves it this year.
I hope you aren't serious, but if you are your basketball opinions are now null and void, if they weren't already.
I really don't care how you feel about my opinions ... but Luol Deng should have made it. Period. 
Paul Pierce? Ray Allen? Really? But no Luol Deng? Watch more Bulls games before you speak.
You don't think two guys that are responsible for the best record in the East deserve all-star slots? You are a cot damn joke, my lord no one is more clueless.

Pierce and Allen fully deserve their spots.
So Ray Allen is more deserving than Luol Deng? We know his past, we know how great he is ... but this year ... he's an All-Star?
Don't mention 'the best record in the East' like the Bulls aren't 3 games behind that & like Boozer & Noah haven't been out damn near the whole season. 

Aside from them, I don't even know how we got on the Celtics ...

It's been Rose & Deng. He is definitely deserving, he just isn't as popular. 
ohwell.gif
Ray Allen is shooting CAREER HIGHS in 3 point percentage, and has been extremely effective this season. He's playing at a pace that has pushed the C's into the best record in the East. He is an All-Star. Why is this so difficult to comprehend?

I think this comes down to you having tunnel vision and not really knowing basketball. Again, Ray Allen is shooting almost 46% from 3. THIRD best in the league.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

30t6p3b.gif

I hope you aren't serious, but if you are your basketball opinions are now null and void, if they weren't already.
I really don't care how you feel about my opinions ... but Luol Deng should have made it. Period. 
Paul Pierce? Ray Allen? Really? But no Luol Deng? Watch more Bulls games before you speak.
You don't think two guys that are responsible for the best record in the East deserve all-star slots? You are a cot damn joke, my lord no one is more clueless.

Pierce and Allen fully deserve their spots.
So Ray Allen is more deserving than Luol Deng? We know his past, we know how great he is ... but this year ... he's an All-Star?
Don't mention 'the best record in the East' like the Bulls aren't 3 games behind that & like Boozer & Noah haven't been out damn near the whole season. 

Aside from them, I don't even know how we got on the Celtics ...

It's been Rose & Deng. He is definitely deserving, he just isn't as popular. 
ohwell.gif
Ray Allen is shooting CAREER HIGHS in 3 point percentage, and has been extremely effective this season. He's playing at a pace that has pushed the C's into the best record in the East. He is an All-Star. Why is this so difficult to comprehend?

I think this comes down to you having tunnel vision and not really knowing basketball. Again, Ray Allen is shooting almost 46% from 3. THIRD best in the league.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Z.Bo  > duncan, gasol.

I'm not going to say anything about him making it anymore. I'm going to just wait til' the end of the season. 
If this team is anywhere above the 8th seed, I'm going to go crazy in NBA Talk. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Z.Bo  > duncan, gasol.

I'm not going to say anything about him making it anymore. I'm going to just wait til' the end of the season. 
If this team is anywhere above the 8th seed, I'm going to go crazy in NBA Talk. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by airblaster503

$+*%+

Dirk was the MVP before he got hurt. If you wanna say he missed games then fine.

Mavs went 2-7 with him out before he got hurt we were 24-5. If that ain't all star IDK what is.

$+*%+

Dirk was the MVP before he got hurt. If you wanna say he missed games then fine.

Mavs went 2-7 with him out before he got hurt we were 24-5. If that ain't all star IDK what is.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

30t6p3b.gif

eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Luol Deng?????

Is this real life?
This is why I don't watch sports with women

Originally Posted by Im Not You

30t6p3b.gif

eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Luol Deng?????

Is this real life?
This is why I don't watch sports with women

When all of them are leading their teams to wins? Without these guys, their teams wouldn't be as good. Sounds to me like a salty fan mad that his favorite team didn't get much love.

When all of them are leading their teams to wins? Without these guys, their teams wouldn't be as good. Sounds to me like a salty fan mad that his favorite team didn't get much love.

Ray Allen is not putting up any great numbers to be an allstar. The East don't have allstar kind of players like the West does. Other than Miami's big 3, Amare, Dwight, and Rondo, it's a toss up with the rest. West is so difficult to pick.

Ray Allen is not putting up any great numbers to be an allstar. The East don't have allstar kind of players like the West does. Other than Miami's big 3, Amare, Dwight, and Rondo, it's a toss up with the rest. West is so difficult to pick.

Back
Top Bottom