Offical All Star Reserves Thread

Some of ya'll kill me. You complain about there being 4 Celtics selected...but most of you can't even name one player who is (legitimately, not a homer pick) more deserving.
Exactly.
laugh.gif

Some of ya'll kill me. You complain about there being 4 Celtics selected...but most of you can't even name one player who is (legitimately, not a homer pick) more deserving.
Exactly.
laugh.gif

Tim Duncan (and Dirk Nowitzki also) have already both said they don't even want to play. Either snub them or if you want them to still get the creit of a selection, allow them to do like Malone used to do and opt out of playing and let Stern or the coaches pick a replacement. They can sit on the bench in a nice suit, or in Duncan's case in some baggy Sean John jeans, Adidas, and a SouthPole woven shirt.

ANd Juan, if you don't think Russell is an all star, how do you feel about KD as an MVP though? He is as much, in many people's minds bigger, reason for our success (#3 in the West) as KD. He goes to work in 4th quarters. Yes, he is overaggressive and tends to pick up dumb fouls and turnovers because of it, but you live with it because he plays both ends, and is underrated 4th quarter clutch. And furthermore, nobody on the team really shoots high % under than KD who even got off to a terrible start. EVERYONE is drive first oriented because we're so young and athletic, part of why we lead the league in FTAs with 31 per. So then you also get a lot of shots and drives with no calls, missed shots and turnovers, looks worst in box scores than it really is if you watched.

http://www.82games.com/1011/CSORT11.HTM

You can make relatively nitpicky criticisms about everyone. I'm still bothered by CP3 and New Orleans' record and the fact he only takes 11 shots a night and especially in the 4th just passes the ball to West and Ariza and watches them miss and their chances of winning fade away. He's the best shooter statistically, shoot the damn ball! Go win the game! He used to do it singlehandedly on a regular basis. Seems like he cares about his PER and advanced stats more than winning

Tim Duncan (and Dirk Nowitzki also) have already both said they don't even want to play. Either snub them or if you want them to still get the creit of a selection, allow them to do like Malone used to do and opt out of playing and let Stern or the coaches pick a replacement. They can sit on the bench in a nice suit, or in Duncan's case in some baggy Sean John jeans, Adidas, and a SouthPole woven shirt.

ANd Juan, if you don't think Russell is an all star, how do you feel about KD as an MVP though? He is as much, in many people's minds bigger, reason for our success (#3 in the West) as KD. He goes to work in 4th quarters. Yes, he is overaggressive and tends to pick up dumb fouls and turnovers because of it, but you live with it because he plays both ends, and is underrated 4th quarter clutch. And furthermore, nobody on the team really shoots high % under than KD who even got off to a terrible start. EVERYONE is drive first oriented because we're so young and athletic, part of why we lead the league in FTAs with 31 per. So then you also get a lot of shots and drives with no calls, missed shots and turnovers, looks worst in box scores than it really is if you watched.

You can make relatively nitpicky criticisms about everyone. I'm still bothered by CP3 and New Orleans' record and the fact he only takes 11 shots a night and especially in the 4th just passes the ball to West and Ariza and watches them miss and their chances of winning fade away. He's the best shooter statistically, shoot the damn ball! Go win the game! He used to do it singlehandedly on a regular basis. Seems like he cares about his PER and advanced stats more than winning

Again, I'd be fine with Booz in there, but 18 games is a lot to miss. I think he's the only one in the East with a legit case.

Again, I'd be fine with Booz in there, but 18 games is a lot to miss. I think he's the only one in the East with a legit case.

You super statistician dudes need to understand coaches don't look this deeply into it.

I don't think when coaches were submitting their picks that they thought to themselves "Russell Westbrook has the worst assist-to-turnover ratio among the Top 15 PGs".

You super statistician dudes need to understand coaches don't look this deeply into it.

I don't think when coaches were submitting their picks that they thought to themselves "Russell Westbrook has the worst assist-to-turnover ratio among the Top 15 PGs".

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Dumbest thing I've ever heard. Pray tell, why would an NBA point guard care more about some formulaic advanced stat than winning? Can you come up with one legitimate reason? 
Only the ill-informed are up in arms because he isn't putting up an arbitrary scoring benchmark of 20 points per. Like that means anything. 

Winning? They're only a half game back of your precious Thunder if you hadn't noticed. All with an inferior roster, and the two worst starting wings in the league. The only reason he isn't scoring more is because the Hornets' wings are so bad, the defense can horizontally shrink the floor, and limit the driving and passing lanes of Paul. I've also seen teams play him with a box and 1 defense year, especially during critical possessions. He should be faulted because he regularly makes the correct basketball play, instead of forcing it? Really?

Nice analysis Juan Baller. Disagree on Ginobli though, he's been their best player on both ends this year, even with his slump.

Dumbest thing I've ever heard. Pray tell, why would an NBA point guard care more about some formulaic advanced stat than winning? Can you come up with one legitimate reason? 
Only the ill-informed are up in arms because he isn't putting up an arbitrary scoring benchmark of 20 points per. Like that means anything. 

Winning? They're only a half game back of your precious Thunder if you hadn't noticed. All with an inferior roster, and the two worst starting wings in the league. The only reason he isn't scoring more is because the Hornets' wings are so bad, the defense can horizontally shrink the floor, and limit the driving and passing lanes of Paul. I've also seen teams play him with a box and 1 defense year, especially during critical possessions. He should be faulted because he regularly makes the correct basketball play, instead of forcing it? Really?

Nice analysis Juan Baller. Disagree on Ginobli though, he's been their best player on both ends this year, even with his slump.

The only reason he isn't scoring more is because the Hornets' wings areso bad, the defense can horizontally shrink the floor, and limit thedriving and passing lanes of Paul.
That statement makes no sense...

The only reason he isn't scoring more is because the Hornets' wings areso bad, the defense can horizontally shrink the floor, and limit thedriving and passing lanes of Paul.

Originally Posted by S4L3

I was just too lazy to break it down further. When you have two terrible wings like Ariza and Belinelli, the defense can play further off them, and therefore the defense becomes more tightly packed in the paint, while at the same time more close marking Paul (box and 1, double teams, etc). According to just about every metric, Ariza and Belinelli have both played at a below average level. They simply can't create offense in any which way. In fact, Ariza has been assisted on 65% of his field goals made this season. Okafor has been assisted on 72%, and somehow, Belinelli has been assisted on 86% of his FGM. Not sure how that's possible, but it is what it is, and illustrates my point. 

Originally Posted by S4L3

I was just too lazy to break it down further. When you have two terrible wings like Ariza and Belinelli, the defense can play further off them, and therefore the defense becomes more tightly packed in the paint, while at the same time more close marking Paul (box and 1, double teams, etc). According to just about every metric, Ariza and Belinelli have both played at a below average level. They simply can't create offense in any which way. In fact, Ariza has been assisted on 65% of his field goals made this season. Okafor has been assisted on 72%, and somehow, Belinelli has been assisted on 86% of his FGM. Not sure how that's possible, but it is what it is, and illustrates my point. 

Steve Nash is in TNT's ASG commercial. I guess he's already been tabbed as the replacement.

Steve Nash is in TNT's ASG commercial. I guess he's already been tabbed as the replacement.

Originally Posted by knightngale

Pau Gasol should not be an all star 
30t6p3b.gif
Ah the good ole, look I insulted my own player so it makes me look like I'm not a homer post.  I see you knightngale. 
laugh.gif

Because if thats not the case, Id love for you to make a case for someone who is more deserving.  

Originally Posted by knightngale

Pau Gasol should not be an all star 
30t6p3b.gif
Ah the good ole, look I insulted my own player so it makes me look like I'm not a homer post.  I see you knightngale. 
laugh.gif

Because if thats not the case, Id love for you to make a case for someone who is more deserving.  

Nash should be in.. I'm not saying that because I'm a Suns fan, but without him the Suns would be where the Cavs are.  Put any PG in exchange in Nash's place and the Suns would be worst.  
If the fans pick because of the record of the Suns, I agree with Nash being out, but stat wise I'll take him over a lot of the West's PG's.  Look out the big picture, and see who Steve Nash is surrounded on with, compared to other players.  C'mon Nash has Robin Lopez as a starting center for him.
sick.gif

And as of late, he's making Marcin Gortat look like a monster

Back
Top Bottom