Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Russell
pimp.gif

I remember BHZ saying dude was basically a scrub a couple weeks ago on here
roll.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

let's not get on the things you've said amp....
roll.gif

i never said westbrook was a scrub either. now, you did say oj was a scrub and he's been averaging 20,5 and 5 over the past 5 games.

what i tell you about twisting my words around? haven't some of you learned yet not to question me?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Whats the reason why Bobcats are hard to beat? Is it the matchup?

They're a Larry Brown team. They play hard for 48 minutes every night.
So true. also they do cause matchup problems

Mark Spears has an article up talking about some possible trades. Everybody up for grabs minus Deron Williams. I didn't know AK47 made the most on theteam.
eek.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Russell
pimp.gif

roll.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif

i never said westbrook was a scrub either. now, you did say oj was a scrub and he's been averaging 20,5 and 5 over the past 5 games.

what i tell you about twisting my words around? haven't some of you learned yet not to question me?
laugh.gif

Easy there BHZ, you have been on par with Memphis, but you also said that OKC was overrated and beneath Memphis, and right now, OKC looks real solid. Soslooooow down good buddy.
laugh.gif

Man, the west is a gad damn nightmare. The Kings are rising, the Grizz, Thunder, and pretty soon the Clips should improve with Blake, there isn't gonna bea single pushover in the West anymore.
eek.gif

Couple years ago we have what, 8 teams out west win 50, but like 4 or 5 teams were straight GARBAGE. We won't see 8 50 game winners this year, but everyteam but GS and Minny could get to 35-38.
sick.gif
And if GS ever fired theirmanagment and get a legit big to go with all them guards, they would get good real fast too.

And if Rubio ever gets over to Minny..........

The west is friggin crazy.
laugh.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Yao set to become a father for the first time[/h1]The wife of NBA center Yao Ming is expecting their first child, sending netizens into a frenzy of hope for a new generation to lead China's basketball team in the future.
"The news that Ye Li is pregnant is true. Yao Ming and his wife would like to thank all those who are showing concern," Yao's China-based spokesman Zhang Chi said in a statement to leading portal Sina.com on Tuesday.

"Out of concern for Ye Li's state of mind and the need for a relaxed environment, it is not convenient to offer any further information concerning the baby," the spokesman said.

According to the Beijing News, the 29-year-old Houston Rocket -- out for the season as he recovers from a foot injury -- is expected to become a father in July. No decision has been made on where the baby will be born.

Both Yao and his wife -- once a centre on China's women's national basketball team -- are the offspring of professional athletes. They reportedly married at the request of sports officials in their hometown of Shanghai.

Ever since the 2.29-metre (seven-foot-six-inch) Yao married his 1.90-metre wife in 2007, speculation has run rampant as to when their first baby would be born, Sina.com noted.

As both Yao and his wife were born in the 1980s and are only children, the couple will be allowed to give birth to two children under China's recently relaxed "one-child" family planning policy, the report said.

"We hope that Yao Ming and Ye Li will go further and raise more pillars of the next generation of Chinese basketball," it said.

In a Sina.com online poll, 76 percent of more than 29,000 people voting said that Yao's child was likely to grow taller than 2.05 metres, while 33 percent said the baby would grow taller than 2.20 metres.

Yao and his wife returned to China late last year to do promotional work for the 2010 Shanghai World Expo and to launch the season of the Shanghai Sharks, a professional Chinese basketball club that Yao recently purchased.

If the baby is a boy = first pick in the 2029 NBA Draft
laugh.gif

^ you right
grin.gif

I still think Memphis is more talented than OKC, but OKC definitely proved me wrong.

I didn't think they would be where they at right now. Kinda close, but not 4 games over .500. KD has been playing out of his mind lately.

When he plays that way, the team is hard to beat.

Russell
pimp.gif

roll.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif
I said OJ was overrated, especially on this site. I said he will prolly have a couple all star appearances but he will never be close to being asuperstar caliber player which I still stand by. He had definitly taken a backseat to Rudy Gay as well this year.

Supposedly, Utah is selling. I guess that means Boozer is on the market, very curious to see who goes after him.

Originally Posted by NomadicSole21

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

I think I said that might take Russel Westbrooke over Derrick Rose...I dunno, I think I might.
Stats wise they both are about equal a few categories. I'd still take D-Rose though, we saw what he could do in the play-offs.

Portland finally played a horrible 4th quarter tonight, and Roy wasnt producing as much.
Good win for the Clippers, especially when you get Ricky Davis playing good off the bench
laugh.gif

Yeah I saw what he could do in the playoffs.... make turnover after turnover.

^ you right
grin.gif

I still think Memphis is more talented than OKC, but OKC definitely proved me wrong.

I didn't think they would be where they at right now. Kinda close, but not 4 games over .500. KD has been playing out of his mind lately.

Why do you think this?

this is the thing, it's becoming the norm.

like i said before, there not really comparable teams, talent wise, because one team has a STAR and the other doesn't

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

^ you right
grin.gif

Why do you think this?

Gay-Randolph-Gasol = all-star caliber frontline. You can make an argument that every single one of those players can be in the all-star game. They are justgood. Point blank. Rudy and Gasol will only get better as a matter of fact.

I guess I will say that Memphis is more talented offensively. Just leave it at that.

The Thunder have a certain system because they have a up and coming superstar. Things go through him and he's so good now that he can start to carry a teamon his back. Throw their role players in there like Green, Kristic, Harden, Sef, Maynor and you have yourself a squad. Depending on what Westbrook becomes,Durant has a great supporting cast.

Like allen said, I guess you can't really compare the two teams.

Memphis has a special offensive starting unit that can be unstoppable when moving the ball and making shots. OJ, Rudy, Zbo or Marc can go for 30 any givennight and Conley can go for at least 20. They've already showed that.

OKC has a special star in Durant with a good supporting cast that can be unstoppable when he's doing work consistently.

If you asked teams in the league which team they felt were the toughest to defend, they would probably say Memphis. But, they would probably say the Thunderwere the toughest team to beat because of the way they play together (offensively and defensively) and because of Durant.

Miami trying to bring back the 03-04 squad. Wade and Haslem still with the Heat. Pursued LO this summer, are rumored to be trading for Caron and want to signback Skip.

All they need now is Eddie Jones' and Brian Grant's corpses
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

i know you guys all read kelly dwyers list of january awards
laugh.gif

It's January 5th, what awards they givin out already?
laugh.gif

Who's Kelly Dwyer?

Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:00 am EST
[h2]BDL's 2009-10 Award Tour, January edition[/h2]
By Kelly Dwyer

ept_sports_nba_experts-171893134-1262706513.jpg

We're two months into the season and a week into the "2010" portion of the 2009-10 campaign. With a solid chunk of games under our belt, let's dip back into the nonsense that is the NBA ranking system and hand out a few midseason awards.
http://
ept_sports_nba_experts-971072823-1262706503.jpg

Most Valuable Player

1. LeBron James(notes)

The game's best player just continues to roll along at a rate nobody can touch. Almost 29 points, eight assists and seven rebounds per game, stats compiled on the league's 26th-fastest team (which denies him the chance to stat pad). He's averaging 2.5 combined blocks/steals, too, with 50 percent shooting.

2. Tim Duncan(notes)

Playing just under 32 minutes a game, Duncan's per-game averages of 20 points, 10 boards, two blocks and three assists may not dazzle ... but think about that. He's doing that in 32 minutes per game. Six and a half fewer than LeBron and Kobe, while topping both of them (by far) in defensive impact. And LeBron and Kobe are no slouches on that end.

3. Kobe Bryant(notes)

Bryant's per-minute stats are slightly worse than Chris Paul's(notes) and Chris Bosh's,(notes) but missed games for the former and iffy defense for the latter move Kobe Bean ahead. He gets no extra points from us for amazingly playing through that busted hand, but you don't really need them when you average 30 points per game on 49 percent shooting, with 5.6 boards, 4.6 assists and two steals.

ept_sports_nba_experts-435900425-1262706543.jpg

Defensive Player of the Year

1. Ron Artest(notes)

Most would agree that since his final year in Indiana, Ron has sometimes hurt his teams defensively. He either obsesses over defending his own man at the expense of help D, or he gets into petty "no layup" battles that cost his teams free throws and Ron's ego absolutely nothing.

This year? He's been perfect. Shutting down small forwards while helping a Lakers defense that has been ranked among the top one or two teams for most of the year. Los Angeles is a whopping 13.6 points per 100 possessions better defensively when Ron is on the court.

2. Anderson Varejao(notes)

It's not just flops and flashy rebounds with this guy. Varejao moves his feet expertly, and the Cavaliers are a much better team when he's on the floor.

3. Martell Webster(notes)

An all-around stopper on a middling defensive team, Webster is a beast on that end.

ept_sports_nba_experts-771183503-1262706562.jpg

Most Improved Player

1. Zach Randolph(notes)

Randolph is essentially coming through with the same per-minute stats (and we use per-minute stats, here, which is why Joakim Noah(notes) misses the cut - he's the same player this year as he was last year, he's just finally getting the minutes he deserves), but it's the way that he's compiling these stats that's winning games for Memphis.

Finally, Randolph is making quick decisions with the ball. He's not holding the ball after defensive rebounds, he's actually playing a bit of defense, he's going into his moves quickly, and he's not trying to act all Divac-like when it comes to passing. The ends didn't justify the means with this guy for years, but in 2009-10 he's turned it around.

2. Beno Udrih(notes)

It may not be the flashiest name, but Beno has gone from a point guard that can hurt his own team to an above-average contributor. It's all about the jump, not the landing, and though he's not an All-Star, that doesn't mean Udrih hasn't improved considerably.

3. Marc Gasol(notes)

We dug Gasol's game last year, but even given the typical second-year jump, Gasol has improved considerably and at a rate that his rookie year stats and play didn't suggest.

ept_sports_nba_experts-113729451-1262706526.jpg

Coach of the Year

1. Lionel Hollins

Some may balk at Hollins' placement above Paul Westphal (or his inclusion over several other coaches, as this is always the hardest award to vote on because of so many deserving candidates). And I can't argue against that, but I should point this out. It's not that hard to get the typical Sacramento King to work hard, because that team is loaded with guys who give maximum effort.

The Grizzlies? With Randolph and Rudy Gay(notes) and the Allen Iverson(notes) debacle and those tiny crowds? Lionel Hollins got his team ignoring everything but his message, and, man, is that impressive. Somehow, this is a .500 team (and these were the only guys that expected it).

2. Paul Westphal

They can't defend a lick, but who cares when Westphal has made the Kings so fun?

3. Rick Adelman

Fill in any number of coaches at the three (or two or one) spot, and I could not disagree. With that in place, Adelman's done a masterful job in Houston this year.

ept_sports_nba_experts-433806119-1262706549.jpg

Rookie of the Year

1. Tyreke Evans(notes)

I wasn't smitten with his shot selection early on, and am still nervous about the "move" to "point guard" for Tyreke, but this kid has been an absolute joy to watch so far. He's averaging 20 points with a combined 10 assists/rebounds, as the Kings continue to "surprise."

2. Brandon Jennings(notes)

He's been sitting out some fourth quarters, and talking about a cursed run to 55 points in that Warriors debacle last November, but let's settle down a bit - 19 points per game, six assists a contest, a 2-to-1 assist-to-turnover ratio and a 41 percent stroke from long range. The kid is fine.

3. Omri Casspi(notes)

James Harden(notes) may have helped put the Bulls away last night, while Stephen Curry(notes) and Jonny Flynn(notes) have gotten plenty of shots, but this guy is ballin' right now.

He's shooting 50 percent, 47.4 percent from long range, and averaging about 13 points and 4.6 rebounds in only 27 minutes a contest.

ept_sports_nba_experts-475436586-1262706535.jpg

Sixth Man of the Year

1. Carl Landry(notes)

He's averaging 16.4 points and 5.7 rebounds in only 26 minutes a game. Right now, it's not even close.

2. Manu Ginobili(notes)

Look who's rounding into shape. Ginobili is averaging 12.8 points and 7.4 combined rebounds/assists in 25 minutes per contest. Once he plays more games, we'll have a race.

3. Corey Maggette(notes)

You might not like his defense, even when he plays defense, or his me-first instincts. But you still can't deny almost 18 points per game in 28 minutes, while coming off the bench for 20 of 31 contests.

duncans dope and all but him over kobe and melo or even nash?...andersen varajao
laugh.gif
and of course i knew already he'd have his boyfriend Lebron on top of the MVP billing and how the hell is corey maggette on this list?
laugh.gif

Kelly Dwyer is the one Yahoo columnist who made that all decade players by position list people posted on here a few weeks back.

Pierce and Rondo could both return tomorrow...at the same time Perk and Eddie come down with the flu. Always something.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by JD617

Pierce and Rondo could both return tomorrow...at the same time Perk and Eddie come down with the flu. Always something.
smh.gif

i feel you bro...i hope everyone gets healthy when feb or march hit

Simmons, Bucher, and Stein were talking in that NBA podcast about how Duncan has fallen off. I don't see it. Still a top 10 player in the league as far asI'm concerned.

Back
Top Bottom