Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

What did BangDak do, I see it says profanity, but does that just mean swearing even when it's edited out or is that like intentionally avoiding the filter.

pistons VS cavs game 5 when bron went ape %@## is on ESPN classic right now

and bangdak cuss word didn't get caught by the filter. i remember seen it last night before i logged out

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Ah gotcha.

And that's a phenomenal game. LBJ just completely blacked out.
i cant wait to him to do that in a knicks or nets jersey
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

Aye Mike, I hear Kobe throwin a New Year's eve party, find out the details and make some calls will ya?
nerd.gif
roll.gif

Couldn't just give him a warning or suspension for a week or two? Kid never did anything that out there to my knowledge and just got caught by the filtermissing his words.

Eh w/e.

[h2]Celtics could be shorthanded vs. Suns[/h2]
Losers of two straight games, the Boston Celtics could be without Kevin Garnett (sore right knee) for Wednesday night's game against the Phoenix Suns, and perhaps longer.

The Celtics already will be shorthanded against the Suns. They will be without Glen Davis (mild right ankle sprain) and Paul Pierce (right knee) and could also be missing Rajon Rondo, who is questionable with a sore left hamstring.

The Celtics ruled out Davis earlier Wednesday and deemed Garnett a game-time decision.

"If I do decide to sit [Garnett], I'm not sitting him for one game. I can tell you that," Celtics coach Doc Rivers told Comcast Sportsnet. "I told Kevin that."

Rivers told Comcast that if he decided to sit Garnett, he would probably keep him out two games until about Jan. 6, when the Celtics face the Heat, or longer. He said he wasn't sure if that was the direction he was going to take with Garnett but that he was "leaning that way heavily."

"It's early in the season," Rivers told Comcast. "We got tonight and we got two days, and then we got three days after that. To me, if you're going to rest guys, this is the perfect time to do it."

[h4] [/h4]

Garnett was accidentally kicked in the knee -- the same one that was surgically repaired in the offseason -- in Monday's loss to the Golden State Warriors. Celtics trainer Ed Lacerte told the Boston Herald through the team that the latest issue with Garnett's knee is not related to the problems that led to Garnett's offseason surgery.

Both Garnett and Rondo participated in Wednesday morning's shootaround, the team said, but Davis did not. Rivers told Comcast that Rondo was more likely to play than Garnett.

Rondo has been battling the sore hamstring for the past few games. Davis suffered the ankle sprain in Monday's loss.

Pierce underwent an arthroscopic procedure to drain fluid from his right knee last Wednesday. It was originally thought he might miss two weeks, but Rivers later said he could return sooner.

The Celtics also recalled guard Lester Hudson from the Maine Red Claws of the NBA Development League Wednesday. Hudson had been reassigned there on Dec. 26 and has appeared in five games with the Red Claws.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Couldn't just give him a warning or suspension for a week or two? Kid never did anything that out there to my knowledge and just got caught by the filter missing his words.

Eh w/e.
i'm just glad i dont see have to see;

jeffries + darko for _____

nate + buckets for _____

for a while.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Aye Mike, I hear Kobe throwin a New Year's eve party, find out the details and make some calls will ya?
nerd.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

i was dying when i read that, like %+% we all seen your picture ant no way your bum *!! getting into brons party

i'm just glad i dont see have to see;

jeffries + darko for _____

nate + buckets for _____

for a while.
QFT

[h2]Rookie Watch: Best in December[/h2]
Comment Email Print Share
By David Thorpe
Scouts Inc.
Archive

nba_g_evans_576.jpg
Gary Dineen/NBAE/Getty ImagesThe Kings' Tyreke Evans continues to impress, averaging 22.1 ppg, 5.3 rpg and 5.1 apg in December.

It's easy to check a rookie's cumulative stats and make a judgment on how that player is playing, but it's just as easy to be wrong when you do that. There are all sorts of variables involved. The bottom line is rookies can go from lost to found very quickly in this league. Similarly, some rookies storm into the league only to struggle later as teams figure out how to defend them, or the player is simply unable to maintain playing at such a high level.

As 2009 comes to a close, there are a number of players who have improved or faded already. Let's take a closer look at December's top 10 rookies.

[h4]NBA Rookie 50[/h4]
Check out David Thorpe's 2009-10 rookie rankings. NBA Rookie 50

Hollinger's stats: Rookie leaders
in.gif

1. Tyreke Evans, Kings
Evans found his stride in early November and has not let up. He has improved in every area except 3-point shooting (only 5-for-29 from 3 in December) and is starting to open up a sizable lead over Brandon Jennings in the ROY race.

Back-to-back games against Kobe and LeBron might show the rest of the league how to guard him -- they didn't just force him left, they worked to keep him there and didn't let him spin back right (his favorite move) -- but few teams have defensive aces like those two. So January and beyond still looks awfully bright for arguably the best rookie we've seen in a few years.

3975.jpg

Curry​

2. Stephen Curry, Warriors
Curry does not have impressive numbers for the season, but he has been playing great in December. If I were ranking the rookies based on "game smarts," he'd likely be my No. 1 guy right now. He's averaging 13.5 ppg this month on 44.5 percent shooting from the field and 40 percent from 3. Better yet, he's adding 4.4 boards, 3.7 assists and 2.3 steals a game. The Warriors are losing a lot, but at least Curry seems to be finding his game.

3985.jpg

Flynn​

3. Jonny Flynn, Timberwolves
Flynn has had a few dynamic games in December, none bigger than his 28-point outburst in Utah which included a terrific drive and finish to win the game. He's averaging more than 14 ppg, making 38 percent of his 3s and starting to look more comfortable running the triangle offense and an improved transition game.

Most importantly, perhaps, was his attitude the other night when Ramon Sessions came in and played most of the latter parts of the game to help the Wolves get a win. Flynn was on the bench smiling and cheering his teammates on. He knows this is still his team, as long as he keeps making progress.

3554.jpg

Casspi​

4. Omri Casspi, Kings
Casspi couldn't keep up his blistering 52 percent from 3 in November, but his 43 percent from downtown in December is still best in class. In short, he's easily been the best 3-point shooter of this rookie class.

Another key to his success has been his low turnover rate. In December, he has just three games with more than one turnover despite playing almost 30 minutes a night. And as he showed against the Lakers, he continues to be a threat to get to the rim in transition and finish in traffic.

3997.jpg

Jennings​

5. Brandon Jennings, Bucks
There's no other way to put it: Jennings has not been very good this month. In December, he's making less than 40 percent of his shots and less than 30 percent of his 3s. To make matters worse, he's still shooting the ball a lot, taking more than 16 shots per game. It's a big reason why the Bucks have won just three games so far this month.

To Jennings' credit, he's shooting less than he was in November and he's finding teammates more now. It's a natural evolution for any young point guard, and a good sign that he's totally invested in his team's success. No one should doubt his long-term star potential, he just might not reach it as fast as it initially appeared he would.

3992.jpg

Harden​

6. James Harden, Thunder
Harden has earned more minutes this month, but not because he is shooting any better. In fact, his shooting numbers are down from 41 percent to 38 percent on field goals overall and from 40 percent to 28 percent on 3s.

However, he has improved as a defender and is finding ways to contribute in other areas. Combined with Thabo Sefolosha, the Thunder are getting solid production at the shooting guard position.

7. Jonas Jerebko, Pistons
Jerebko has been a bright spot for the struggling Pistons, who have to like his December numbers -- 11 ppg on 48 percent shooting from the field. They also must love his activity on defense -- he's competing for everything, hustling back in transition and getting over a steal a game this month. Sure, they'd like to see him make more 3s or take fewer (he's 6-of-26 in December), but at this point he's better than Tayshaun Prince was in his rookie season.

3965.jpg

Blair​

8. DeJuan Blair, Spurs
Blair's raw numbers seem a bit pedestrian, until you see he's averaging just 17 minutes a game. If he were playing 30 minutes a night, he'd likely be giving Evans a run for ROY. As it is, his 7 points and 6 rebounds per game in December helped earn him a spot in the starting rotation after Matt Bonner went down with an injury. And the promotion has not quieted his monster effort on the offensive glass. He currently ranks second in the entire NBA in offensive rebound rate (trailing rookie Jon Brockman).

9. Taj Gibson, Bulls
He's averaging 10 points, 7 rebounds and a block per game this month in just 25 minutes a night. His numbers may start to drop now that Tyrus Thomas is back, but the Bulls know they can get production from Gibson when needed.

3991.jpg

Hansbrough​

10. Tyler Hansbrough, Pacers
Hansbrough has been a bit of a mixed bag in his first full month back from an injury. He's not shooting or finishing well, hitting just 36 percent of his shots from the field. But he's impacting games with toughness and energy. And he's scoring thanks to his ability to draw lots of fouls. His averages of 10 points and 6 rebounds in 21 minutes are solid.

[h3]Honorable mentions[/h3]
Ty Lawson, Nuggets
Given the starting nod in Denver's past two games due to an injury to Chauncey Billups, Lawson scored 28 points on 11-of-24 shooting and had 10 assists with just 3 turnovers. But the Nuggets dropped both games, including one against Sacramento without Tyreke Evans. It would have been great to see Lawson take over, but that's really not who he is.

Still, he's been a dependable part of the rotation all season with consistent production. His 3-point shooting has seen the only real drop from November to December (from 52 percent to 32 percent).

DeMar DeRozan, Raptors
DeRozan is averaging almost 9 points per game on 44 percent shooting in December.

Sam Young, Grizzlies
Young has played better lately with four double-figure scoring games in the past two weeks.

Serge Ibaka, Thunder
Ibaka is learning how to position himself and finish inside, improving his field goal percentage from 40 percent in November to almost 60 percent now.

[h3]Guys who have fizzled[/h3]
Marcus Thornton, Hornets
It's very tough for rookie guards to shoot well when they don't get 24-plus minutes a night. Thornton is finding that out, as he has made just 29 percent of his 3s in December and is shooting below 40 percent overall this month.

Darren Collison, Hornets
DC is running into the same problems as Thornton, and he's making even fewer shots. He's made just 3 of his 14 3s and is at 37 percent overall for the month.

Terrence Williams, Nets
Williams made the smart move by shooting fewer 3s this month (from 35 to
glasses.gif
, but he's struggling to make shots from anywhere. His minutes are down from 27 to 17 a game.

[h3]Other notables[/h3]
Eric Maynor, Thunder
Maynor looked like a promising backup to Deron Williams in Utah. After being traded to OKC, he'll look to be the same thing to Russell Westbrook.

Wayne Ellington, Timberwolves
Ellington is starting to get consistent minutes off the bench in Minnesota, but he is not yet performing with consistency. He has shown some flashes as a finisher, but is making just 25 percent of his 3s.

http:// [h3][/h3]
[h3]Garnett to miss extended time?[/h3]
4:01PM ET

[h5]Kevin Garnett | Celtics[/h5]
Top Email

According to the Boston Globe, coach Doc Rivers indicated today that Kevin Garnett is "questionable" for tonight's game against the Suns, and that it's conceivable he could miss more than one game.

No specific ailment is noted, but Garnett has recently missed time for a bruised thigh, and his offseason right knee surgery could also be the culprit.

Garnett's health has been an oft-talked about topic this season, and it's irked him some. But at 33 years of age and 1,084 NBA games under his belt, his body is more susceptible to injury.

If Garnett can't stay healthy, the Celtics will have a tough time competing with the likes of Atlanta, Cleveland and Orlando in the East.

http:// [h3]Believe Bird on O'Brien[/h3]
2:49PM ET

[h5]Jim O'Brien | Pacers[/h5]
Top Email

Larry Bird was questioned about coach Jim O'Brien's job earlier this week, and he was quick to give him a vote of confidence.

But is it all a mirage? Mike Wells of the Indianapolis Star doesn't think.

"I'm sure a lot of you hoping for that, but that's not the case, he writes. "Bird's not firing O'Brien (of course that could change if the Pacers go on like a 20-game losing streak).

"I remember asking Bird about Rick Carlisle's status ... Bird, normally a very blunt person, danced around my question before finally saying, 'Right now is not a good time to talk about it.'

"Bird wasn't like that when I asked him about O'Brien on Monday. He quickly defended his coach and put a lot of the onus on the players."

http:// [h3]The healthy Nets[/h3]
2:38PM ET

[h5]Chris Douglas-Roberts | Nets[/h5]
Top Email

Good news Nets fans: with word that Chris Douglas-Roberts will return to the starting lineup tonight, the Nets are now at full strength in their starting lineup for the first time since the second game of the season, as CDR joins Devin Harris, Yi Jianlian, Brook Lopez and Courtney Lee

So what does this mean? Well, don't expect the Nets to vault into the playoffs. But, as their 2-29 record is currently on pace to break the all-time worst NBA record of 9-73 set by the Sixers back in the 1972-73 season, having the gang back together again might jump start them to starve off an NBA worst-ever record.

http:// [h3]Size key for Cavs?[/h3]
12:53PM ET

[h5]Cleveland Cavaliers[/h5]
Top Email

The Cavs may have eight losses this season, but in games against the league's elite teams -- Boston, L.A., Atlanta and Orlando -- the Cavs have come out 3-1 with all three victories coming on the road.

As ESPN's John Hollinger writes in today's PER Diem, the Cavs' improved length and size, with the likes of Jamario Moon and Shaquille O'Neal, has the team stacking up much better against the top teams in the league, and that bodes well come playoff time.

hollinger_john_30.jpg
[h5]John Hollinger[/h5]
Cavs' physicality helps combat league's elite
"It's not just Shaq. The Cavs' frontcourt is a four-man meat grinder that also includes 6-foot-11 Anderson Varejao, 7-3 Zydrunas Ilgauskas and 6-9 J.J. Hickson. Throw in a small forward who's bigger than most centers, and the Cavs pound opponents like few others ... We've seen more than that, however, from the league's fourth-ranked defense. It's not just muscle, it's also length and technique. And the size and athleticism the Cavs lacked on the wings last season is now a strength thanks to the additions of Jamario Moon and Anthony Parker ... Last season's lack of versatility explains the Cavs' poor record against the league's three elite teams. This time around, their newfound physicality places them in a much better position to beat the big dogs in the playoffs."

http:// [h3]Mbah a Moute to start[/h3]
12:26PM ET

[h5]Luc Richard Mbah a Moute | Bucks[/h5]
Top Email

After he's liked what he's seen lately from Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, Scott Skiles has decided to start him tonight against the Magic.

"I really like the way he (Mbah a Moute) played the second half the other night," Skiles told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel after this morning's shootaround. "We need his aggressiveness."

Mbah a Moute will fill in for Carlos Delfino, who's only scored 10 points in his last four games as a starter. But this seems to be more about defense. Mbah a Moute is known as a stout defender, and will draw the assignment of Vince Carter this evening.

If he can flash a little more offense, he could continue to remain a starter.

http:// [h3]Forman's non-endorsement[/h3]
12:07PM ET

[h5]Chicago Bulls[/h5]
Top Email

Sunday, ESPN the Magazine's Chris Broussard reported the Bulls had decided to fire Vinny Del Negro once they found a replacement they were happy with.

Monday, Vinny Del Negro refuted those claims and said he and management were on the same page. GM Gar Forman refused to speak to reporters that day. But yesterday, he stepped up to mic and had this to say about Vinny Del Negro's future.

"I feel we shouldn't talk about evaluations with any personnel that we do internally," he told the Chicago Tribune. "We are all being evaluated at all times. That goes from me to our management staff to our coaching staff to our players. Those are things we keep internally."

If Del Negro was really the Bulls' guy, you'd figure Forman wouldn't be ducking reporters one day, and not answering the question at hand the next; he'd be coming out and giving a vote of confidence to Del Negro, saying he's their guy for now, and for the foreseeable future.

The fact that he hasn't leads one to infer Del Negro's days as Bulls head coach may indeed be numbered.

http:// [h3]Why is Brown still a Hornet?[/h3]
11:44AM ET

[h5]Devin Brown | Hornets[/h5]
Top Email

Because the Timberwolves put up an article on their Web site yesterday stating that they'd acquired Devin Brown and cash considerations from the Hornets in exchange for Jason Hart, many thought it was a done deal, for obvious reasons.

But the Wolves took down the article, and Hart eventually was traded to the Suns for Alando Tucker, cash and a 2010 second-round pick.

So why did the deal fall through with the Hornets? ESPN's Marc Stein explains.

stein_marc_30.jpg
[h5]Marc Stein[/h5]
Brown's block hurt Hornets' quest to get under luxury-tax threshold
"Brown was able to block that deal from going through, much to the disappointment of the tax-conscious Hornets.Sources with knowledge of the teams' discussions told ESPN.com that Brown and agent Mark Termini refused to reduce the amount on the 10-percent trade kicker in Brown's $1.1 million contract. Brown was not asked to waive the whole kicker, sources said, but the trade math on a deal with the Hornets would not work unless Brown consented to forfeiting some money ... The big-picture takeaway from all of Tuesday's drama surrounding a seemingly minor deal is that it's yet another example of the pressure -- some would say desperation -- New Orleans is feeling to get its payroll beneath the $69.9 million luxury-tax threshold."

http:// [h3]Wolves get a free pick[/h3]
11:32AM ET

[h5]Minnesota Timberwolves[/h5]
Top Email

The Timberwolves traded guard Jason Hart to the Suns on Tuesday for Alando Tucker, cash and a 2010 second-round pick. It was a deal that allowed the Timberwolves to acquire another asset.

"When you have an opportunity to acquire a pick basically for free, it's hard not to do," David Kahn told the Star Tribune yesterday.

http:// [h3]Villanueva miffed over minutes[/h3]
11:13AM ET

[h5]Charlie Villanueva | Pistons[/h5]
Top Email

After only playing 12 minutes in the Pistons' loss to the Knicks last night, Charlie Villaneuva voiced some displeasure.

"I don't know what it is," Villanueva told the Detroit Free Press. "I don't know. I'm not going to suit up so they can monitor my minutes. I'm suiting up because I feel like I can play.

"So that's a question you'll have to ask (coach John Kuester)."

Villaneuva has been battling a bad bout of plantar fasciitis in his right foot and had the stomach flu earlier in the week. As such, he was only a game-time decision last night, and that's likely why his minute were so low.

Unless Villaneuva's plantar fasciitis improves -- which might not happen unless he rests it -- he may continue to see lower minutes. But probably not as low as 12.

http:// [h3]When will Thomas start?[/h3]
11:03AM ET

[h5]Tyrus Thomas | Bulls[/h5]
Top Email

Tyrus Thomas has been terrific for the Bulls in his two games back from injury. He scored 21 points and grabbed nine boards in his first game back against the Hornets, and though he only scored eight last night in a win against the Pacers, he had 15 boards.

But as the Chicago Tribune reports, coach Vinny Del Negro is going to keep Taj Gibson in the starting lineup for now, because he likes Thomas' versatility off the bench.

"Starting's not a concern right now," Thomas told the paper. "My concern is getting this team back over .500 and into the playoff race."

If Thomas continues to perform well off the bench, expect him to eventually creep back into the starting lineup. Gibson has been solid in his rookie season, but Thomas offers much more upside on both sides of the court.

http:// [h3]Trade unlikely for Nets?[/h3]
10:50AM ET

[h5]New Jersey Nets[/h5]
Top Email

The New Jersey Nets will probably have the most cap room next summer. They were able to accomplish that when they traded Vince Carter to Orlando and only got expiring contracts in return. That cap room is the reason why it is unlikely they will make a trade that adds salary to their 2010-11 payroll.

"We fought hard and obviously sacrificed a lot to make the cap space," head coach/general manager Kiki Vandeweghe told the New York Daily News. "Right now, it would be silly to do anything to impact that."

http:// [h3]Artest can't remember falling[/h3]
10:49AM ET

[h5]Ron Artest | Lakers[/h5]
Top Email

Ron Artest finally spoke about his Christmas Day accident Tuesday night and said he can't remember it happening.

"I can't remember everything," Artest told the Los Angeles Times. "It was for Christmas -- maybe it was the presents. I can't remember much in between. ... My wife said I was asleep for like two or three minutes. Obviously I don't remember that part. I went to the hospital. It took me about an hour to get my senses back."

http:// [h3]Shaq OK with reduced role[/h3]
10:47AM ET

[h5]Shaquille O'Neal | Cavaliers[/h5]
Top Email

Shaquille O'Neal is averaging just 8.4 field-goal attempts a game. His points (10.3) and rebounds (7.1) are the lowest of his career, but that's OK with him.

"Nobody wants to see a 37 to 38-year-old man take 20 or 30 shots," he told The News-Herald. "LeBron James is going to take most of the shots. I accept that role.

"If I was 27 or 28, I'd probably have a problem with that. That's how it is now. He's the man. He's going to take most of the shots."

http:// [h3]Suns can keep Collins[/h3]
10:44AM ET

[h5]Jarron Collins | Suns[/h5]
Top Email

The Suns trade with Minnesota on Tuesday allowed the Suns to keep Jarron Collins since the deal reduced their tax bill. His contract doesn't become guaranteed until Jan. 10, so the Suns could have waived him and saved money in salary and tax.

"He's a great insurance policy, as he proved early in the season," Suns general manager Steve Kerr told The Arizona Republic of Collins. "He's a great teammate and mentor for Robin (Lopez). It's always important to have an experienced big (man) in the playoffs who knows what he's doing. Whether he gets in a game or not, he's valuable because of his intangibles."

http:// [h3]Hill pick hurting Knicks?[/h3]
10:41AM ET

[h5]Jordan Hill | Knicks[/h5]
Top Email

As 2009 comes to a close, ESPN's Chad Ford checks in on the NBA Draft Blog with the Top 10 worst picks of the decade.

Darko Milicic sits atop the list, while Kwame Brown and Nikoloz Tskitishvili round out the top three.

But the No. 10 choice might surprise you. It's New York's decision to draft Jordan Hill this year instead of Brandon Jennings.

As Ford explains, it might have free agency repercussions this summer.

ford_chad_30.jpg
[h5]Chad Ford[/h5]
Hill pick may make Knicks lose out on LeBron sweepstakes
"This one, too, may be a bit premature. We are only one-third of the way into the season, and big men, especially those like Hill, take longer to develop. However, Hill can't find any minutes on a lottery team, while Jennings has been terrific in the early going. Given Jennings' strong play, it seems like a stretch to say that the Knicks drafted the right guy. It could be a costly mistake. The Knicks are trying to lure LeBron James as a free agent in the summer of 2010 and need to convince LeBron that they have enough young talent around him to make them contenders. Having Jennings on the roster could've made a pretty impressive case. Hill? Not so much."

http:// [h3]Arenas confirms gun probe[/h3]
10:15AM ET

[h5]Gilbert Arenas | Wizards[/h5]
Top Email

Gilbert Arenas confirmed last night that D.C. police were investigating why he brought his guns to the Verizon Center. He says the investigating began two weeks ago.

"They started investigating two weeks ago, you guys just found about it," Arenas told The Washington Times. "They just wanted to know where I got them from and make sure they're not dirty guns."

Arenas also admitted to showing his guns to security and taking them out of his locker.

"Yes, I showed them to someone, I showed them to team security when I handed them to them and said give them to the police. ... Yeah, I took them out of this locker room. I had to take them out to get them out of here to give to security. You see they didn't take the whole locker out of here."

"I wouldn't have brought them to D.C. had I known the rules. After my daughter was born, I was just like, I don't need these anymore. I don't want them around the kids. We are working with the league and the authorities."

http:// [h3]Darko: NBA is full of liars[/h3]
10:14AM ET

[h5]Darko Milicic | Knicks[/h5]
Top Email

Darko Milicic, the No. 2 pick in the 2003 NBA draft, has had enough with the NBA and will play in Europe starting next season. He says everyone in the NBA lies, including the Detroit Pistons.

"Yes, they did," Milicic told MLive.com. "They lie to everybody. It's the NBA. The NBA, all around the league, same (garbage). 'Your chance is going to come.' All that kind of (garbage). (Forget) that. I've got enough of that kind of stuff, so I decided I'm going to Europe."

"I've got to be real," he said. "There is no team in the league that is going to give me the chance that I'm looking for. My only chance is back in Europe. I'm going to do that. I want to be happy. I want to play."

Milicic says going back to Europe will allow him to renew his love for the game.

http:// [h3]Lopez mad at himself[/h3]
9:49AM ET

[h5]Brook Lopez | Nets[/h5]
Top Email

Brook Lopez was long gone when reporters entered the Nets locker room after their loss to the Thunder on Monday. Lopez says he was mad at himself for the way he played.

"It wasn't so much the calls," Lopez told the The Star-Ledger. "It was just my performance in general. I felt like I can (normally) control most of my game. It just didn't work out.

"I hold myself to high standards, and I didn't meet them. And obviously the loss, too. So both those together. And after the game I didn't hold myself right, didn't act right. So it was just a lot of stuff all together."

http:// [h3]Heat should stay away from McGrady?[/h3]
9:23AM ET

[h5]Miami Heat[/h5]
Top Email

Tracy McGrady is available, but Israel Gutierrez of The Miami Herald thinks south Florida is not the place for McGrady.

Gutierrez writes: "This season isn't only about biding time for next season, and that's because of http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=3418Michael Beasley. Ever since Pat Riley decided to wait until next summer to make a big move, it meant Beasley was part of this team for the long run. And McGrady doesn't make Beasley better. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1722Yao Ming played better without McGrady. So why stall Beasley's development for the sake of another big name? There are arguments for the acquisition, but they're relatively weak. This could be a way to preview what life would be like with Wade and http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=1966LeBron James playing together. But McGrady never was James and he's certainly not that now."

http:// [h3]Bulls, Knicks eye T-Mac[/h3]
9:20AM ET

[h5]Tracy McGrady | Rockets[/h5]
Top Email

Now that http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=532Tracy McGrady is officially on the trading block the question is, where will he go.

According to the Daily Herald: "Sources suggested the Bulls are open to acquiring McGrady .... A trade with the Bulls would almost have to include the expiring contracts of Brad Miller and Jerome James. The Bulls might also be interested in moving John Salmons to guarantee a larger amount of cap space next summer."

Head coach Mike D'Antoni said Tuesday that the Knicks are interested in pursuing McGrady and called a potential deal "an intriguing thing that will be evaluated in-depth."

"It's a name Donnie Walsh I'm sure will analyze and look at and see if it makes sense," D'Antoni told the New York Post. "I think you always have to be intrigued with someone like McGrady and Allen Iverson. It's up to Donnie to evaluate it and sit down and talk about it and see what the other side of the coin is. I don't know what it entails. I'm sure the antennae goes up and there will be discussions."

http:// [h3]Trade talks happening[/h3]
8:11AM ET

[h5]New Orleans Hornets[/h5]
Top Email

The Hornets tried to trade Devin Brown to Minnesota on Tuesday in a move to lower their tax bill, but the deal fell through.

Hornets general manager/head coach Jeff Bower conceded Tuesday that he has spoken with many teams in recent weeks about potential deals.

"You know, you're going to hear a lot of different rumors and things that get discussed, and there are discussions that have taken place regarding a wide variety of things," Bower told The Times-Picayune. "Many times you've heard that a deal is not a deal until it's finalized. Well this is a great example of why nothing is ever done until it's final.

"We've had discussions, but that's all it has turned out to be. I don't want to narrow it down. I've had discussions with many teams. And we continue to have them, as you would think."

http:// [h3]O'Brien appreciates support from Bird[/h3]
7:56AM ET

[h5]Jim O'Brien | Pacers[/h5]
Top Email

Larry Bird made it known Monday that head coach Jim O'Brien is in no danger of losing his job. O'Brien appreciates the support from Bird.

"I know Larry feels that way," O'Brien tells The Indianapolis Star. "We're going through a tough time. He doesn't like to lose. I don't like to lose. We're struggling right now and it's my job to get us out of that pattern and get us in the position to win basketball games."

"We're not out of the playoff race and we need to develop young guys, and sometimes during the course of 82 games, you run into a rough patch," he said. "We're in a rough patch."

http:// [h3]Ollie close to returning[/h3]
7:46AM ET

[h5]Kevin Ollie | Thunder[/h5]
Top Email

From today's edition of The Oklahoman:

"Reserve guard Kevin Ollie, who hasn't played since Nov. 22 while recovering from knee surgery, said he hopes to return to practice in the team's next scheduled session, likely Friday before the team departs for Milwaukee. Ollie has steadily increased his workouts over the past few days and said he now feels only slight discomfort in his knee when sprinting at full speed."

http:// [h3]Davis' sprain may not be serious[/h3]
7:25AM ET

[h5]Glen Davis | Celtics[/h5]
Top Email

Glen "Big Baby" Davis sprained his right ankle against Golden State on Monday, but the injury may not be as bad as the Celtics thought.

"I haven't heard anything, which means nothing is serious," Celtics vice president of basketball operations Danny Ainge told The Boston Globe Tuesday. "I sent (trainer) Eddie (Lacerte) a text and I haven't heard anything and usually that means it's not much."

http:// [h3]Tolliver out, Randolph in[/h3]
7:00AM ET

[h5]Shavlik Randolph | Heat[/h5]
Top Email

The Blazers waived Anthony Tolliver on Tuesday and they plan to replace him with Shavlik Randolph reports The Oregonian.

According to the newspaper, "Randolph now becomes the team's hardship exception player granted by the NBA, meaning he will have to be released when the team gets back one of its injured players."

http:// [h3]Rockets respond to Mavs protest[/h3]
6:49AM ET

[h5]Houston Rockets[/h5]
Top Email

On Tuesday the Rockets issued their official response to the Mavs' protest of the Rockets' win at Dallas on Dec. 18.

"Our understanding is that they're disputing the technical on Erick Dampier and the referee's judgment on that technical," Rockets general manager Daryl Morey told the Houston Chronicle. "We're not disputing whether it was a correct call or not. Our understanding of the facts was that it was a referee judgment. If a referee's judgment is grounds for a protest it would create undue burden on the league.

"You'd have to go back and review every game where a referee's judgment ejected a player. They're just saying Dampier shouldn't have been ejected. We didn't bother to dispute that. If that is grounds for a protest, every game where referee ejects player would now re-playable if the league disagrees with the judgment. When they rescind a technical, they don't take the point off the board and change the score. And that's assuming technical is wrong, which we did not address."

http:// [h3]Flip rips his team, changes coming?[/h3]
6:17AM ET

[h5]Flip Saunders | Wizards[/h5]
Top Email

Wizards head coach Flip Saunders called out his team after they lost 110-98 to Oklahoma City last night and said he's considering making changes to the starting lineup.

"I didn't come here to make the playoffs," Saunders told The Washington Post. "I came here to win a championship. We need a total mind-set change about how we're going to do that. Until we have that -- and that's from everybody, staff and players and everybody is committed to that -- we're going to have games like this where we're going to hang around, hang around and then when it comes times to make stops and if you don't have an ability to do it, you're going to lose games."

"Until our guys decide that it hurts when teams score on you, we've got no chance," he said. "We're kidding ourselves."

Saunders even threatened to make wholesale changes to his starting lineup. "It's all up in the air now," he said. "If guys don't like it, I'm fine, because that's the way it's going to be. I'm not going to sit there and stand there and look at that anymore."

http:// [h3]Raps extra cautious with Calderon[/h3]
6:05AM ET

[h5]Jose Calderon | Raptors[/h5]
Top Email

From the Toronto Star:

"Jose Calderon remains out with a sore hip and head coach Jay Triano said yesterday the team is being extra cautious to make sure he's 100 percent when he returns."

http:// [h3]PG search goes on[/h3]
5:16AM ET

[h5]Utah Jazz[/h5]
Top Email

The Utah Jazz have only 12 players on their roster. They have until next Tuesday to increase that to 13, which is mandated by the league.

There was a report Tuesday which had Dontell Jefferson as the most likely point guard to be signed, but Jazz general manager Kevin O'Connor says they're still evaluating the pool of available players.

"We're still searching," O'Connor told The Salt Lake Tribune. "We have not narrowed it down to one person. We don't know whether we're going to go for a young player or an older guy. ... The search goes on."

Jefferson is on their "short list," according to Utah Flash vice president of communications Drew Sellers.

"We know that they're looking at him heavily," Sellers told the Deseret News. "We just don't know 100 percent yet (if the Jazz will sign him)."

"Yes, they did," Milicic told MLive.com. "They lie to everybody. It's the NBA. The NBA, all around the league, same (garbage). 'Your chance is going to come.' All that kind of (garbage). (Forget) that. I've got enough of that kind of stuff, so I decided I'm going to Europe."

"I've got to be real," he said. "There is no team in the league that is going to give me the chance that I'm looking for. My only chance is back in Europe. I'm going to do that. I want to be happy. I want to play."

roll.gif

Darko talking like he was about have another tirade.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Listening to the Simmons, Bucher and Stein podcast.

Rondo/Perkins have some friction with KG/Pierce/Jesus
nerd.gif

I was just about to go turn that on.........

nerd.gif

that has been a rumor for the past few years now

Originally Posted by Menacin Methods

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

nerd.gif
that has been a rumor for the past few years now
whats the beef over???????
Rondo/Perkins aren't as receptive to KG/Pierce/Jesus as they first were. They're irritated being talked down to and being treated likerookies.

Not that anybody really cares, but that Devin Brown for Jason Hart trade didn't go through because Dev blocked it.
laugh.gif

Sources with knowledge of the teams' discussions told ESPN.com that Brown and agent Mark Termini refused to reduce the amount on the 10-percent trade kicker in Brown's $1.1 million contract. Brown was not asked to waive the whole kicker, sources said, but the trade math on a deal with the Hornets would not work unless Brown consented to forfeiting some money.
Not that I blame him. This is the only team in the league he would start for, and nobody wants to give away money.
There is a belief among some rival executives -- or perhaps it's more accurate to call it a hope -- that the Hornets will not be able to resist moving All-Star forward David West before the Feb. 18 trading deadline to ensure that they get comfortably under the tax threshold.

New Orleans' preference would obviously be moving out player(s) from its list of veterans with contracts that stretch beyond this season. That list presumably includes Emeka Okafor, Peja Stojakovic, James Posey, Mo Peterson, Darius Songaila and Julian Wright.

Buc and Simmons callin Sheed fat has me weak right now.
laugh.gif

And Buc still kissin Kobe's @#$ sayin he's the best player in the L since Bucher was wise enough to say that Kobe has played his last game as a Laker,and Kobe ain't speak to him since.
roll.gif
I could practically"hear" Bill rollin his eyes thru the podcast.
laugh.gif

If the plan is to start Eddie at PG tonight against Nash, the Celtics might as well just stay at the hotel and get some rest.

You know, listening to Bill and Rick talk about Boston, they seem to have more issues then I imagined. And with Orlando an unknown with Vince and Jameerbasically replacing what Hedo gave them, and i have no idea what's going on in LA, maybe I'm wrong and Cleveland has hope. I still don't see it,but I can be wrong.

I need to start lookin into that. These guys made it sound like Boston was a damn lottery team.
frown.gif
laugh.gif

Have to damn love the question Bill asked though. Could Sheed become a coach in the league?
laugh.gif
He's certainly a smart well trained basketball player, but not a chance inhell he would have the patience to put up with people, nor would he survive arguin with refs not givin his teams calls. I can see him now in his suit on thesidelines after a missed free throw "Ball don't lie"
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom