Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

It's not like Cleveland has any cap space this summer anyways.

They used it on Varejao, Parker and Moon
laugh.gif

Damn I forgot....power moves.
pimp.gif

Still, Murph would help spread that floor out big time, much like Sheed woulda done, but with more rebounding and less headaches.

Jamison is older, but he certainly would take some pressure off Lebron. And maybe more importantly, take pressure off of Mo.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

People need to chill on the Shaq bashing. Whoever thinks the trade was dumb is beyond a moron. The only reason he was brought in was to contain D-12. So far, he's 1 for 1 and completely took him out of his game. If he continues to do so, i will be more than happy.
cavs fan said this in the cavs VS suns thread
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Please explain to me how this is funny. Did you even watch the game? Dwight was shook and his !$* was on the pine almost the entire 1st halfbecause of Shaq.

If D-12 dominates the next match up, the statement is null and void.

[h5]LeBron James | Cavaliers[/h5]
Top Email

One of the common gripes against LeBron James -- besides his ability to get foul calls against him -- is his ability to never commit any defensive fouls himself. Or rather, as some call it: the refs swallowing the whistle against a star player fans have paid to see. Last year, he was averaging an incredibly low foul rate.

So it's not surprising to read this note in today's Arizona Republic after the Suns-Cavs game last night.

"A rare NBA treat happened late in the second quarter Monday night," writes Paul Coro. "For the first time in four Suns-Cavaliers games, LeBron James was called for a defensive foul. He fouled Jason Richardson under the basket in the final minute of the first half, only to get another foul three minutes into the second half against Amar'e Stoudemire. James also had banged Richardson in transition with no call in the first quarter. James is a good defender, but nobody is good enough to go 130 minutes without a foul."

eek.gif
is this true?

theres jamison to the cavs talks?...why would the wizards trade one of their best players to a rival?

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

People need to chill on the Shaq bashing. Whoever thinks the trade was dumb is beyond a moron. The only reason he was brought in was to contain D-12. So far, he's 1 for 1 and completely took him out of his game. If he continues to do so, i will be more than happy.
cavs fan said this in the cavs VS suns thread
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Please explain to me how this is funny. Did you even watch the game? Dwight was shook and his !$* was on the pine almost the entire 1st half because of Shaq.

If D-12 dominates the next match up, the statement is null and void.

what if you don't get Orlando?

and we should just throw out the window how bad shaq has look at times because he was brought in to face the magic?

We gave up Ben and Sasha's bum %$% for him. If you see that as a bad trade, I don't know what to tell you. His contract expires at the end of theseason (I hope you know that).

Shaq is averaging 10,7,1 (block) on 23 minutes per night. That honestly isn't that bad (the 50% shooting from the field needs to improve a bit). He'snot even playing in over 1/2 the game.

You also failed to mention I said this in the game thread:

I'll say it right now...

The ONLY way we win a title is because of a major injury(s) to a major contender come playoff time and/or LeBron decides to COMPLETELY GO OFF/have the greatest playoff run/performance of all time without a "Pippen" (which there is a chance at
grin.gif
laugh.gif
).

So much for Wafer in Memphis
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
HOUSTON - Free Agent guard Von Wafter told FOX 26 Sports Tuesday he will re-sign with the Houston Rockets .

Wafer, who played for the Rockets last season, had signed to play with the Greek team Olympiakos .

Wafter said he paid roughly $1.2 million to get out of that contract.

"This is great," Wafer said. "Oh my goodness, I'm so happy, I'm about to start crying."

Wafer said the his buyout is a lot of money, but it's worth it.

"I want to play in the NBA ," Wafer said. "I want to play for the Rockets. I love Houston, and I love their fans."
Source

What's this tell you about Houston's confidence/trust in TMac though
roll.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

So much for Wafer in Memphis
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
HOUSTON - Free Agent guard Von Wafter told FOX 26 Sports Tuesday he will re-sign with the Houston Rockets .

Wafer, who played for the Rockets last season, had signed to play with the Greek team Olympiakos .

Wafter said he paid roughly $1.2 million to get out of that contract.

"This is great," Wafer said. "Oh my goodness, I'm so happy, I'm about to start crying."

Wafer said the his buyout is a lot of money, but it's worth it.

"I want to play in the NBA ," Wafer said. "I want to play for the Rockets. I love Houston, and I love their fans."
Source

What's this tell you about Houston's confidence/trust in TMac though
roll.gif

I thought he was crying about playing time last season? He's not going to get that much more PT in Houston than he did last season especially with the wayBudinger has been playing.

I wonder who Memphis will try to go after now?

Budinger is down for the next couple of weeks, so I expect Wafer to get around 20 MPG.

When Budinger returns though, I don't know.

T-Mac is getting treated worse than AI at this point in his career.

I wish he could go somewhere else.
Wafer was getting 19mpg last season. I don't expect him to be getting anymore than that. He would've got a good25 off the bench here.

Memphis can go after Tmac and let him come off the bench for instant offense.
laugh.gif

Wallace sounded like a bigger deal was coming, so they probably took it upon themselves not to get Wafer. He was like we're holding that roster spot openfor someone. A 2 for 1 possibly?

Originally Posted by BangDak

^nasty nate > wafer?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

How you going to be all for Nate and not for AI on the team?
laugh.gif

It seem like Nate would come in and be a disruption just like AI was if he came here probably.

It is down right, flat out, SCARY how similar Cavs fans sound to Blazer fans when talkin about their centers.
nerd.gif

Tryin to convince all of us that 10 7 and 1 ain't that bad. In 20+ minutes, 50 percent shooting.......it's eeeeeerie.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by BangDak

^nasty nate > wafer?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

How you going to be all for Nate and not for AI on the team?
laugh.gif

It seem like Nate would come in and be a disruption just like AI was if he came here probably.

wait what? are you talking about the knicks?
if so, i wanted both on the team.

nate deserves better then this. this coach is such a !*$*#$$ %$!!**+.
smh.gif
smh.gif

him and his damn ego problems.

even when Air Bud comes back they need wafer if they not going to play McLady

Ariza is playing 40 minutes a night, no way he holds up all season playing that many minutes

if the rockets dont get a star back or some other contracts that come off the books this year Mclady ant goint nowhere

mike, you really think anything matters if Bron leaves? That franchise will crumble like no other.

They may as well make another move.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

mike, you really think anything matters if Bron leaves? That franchise will crumble like no other.

They may as well make another move.

i mean i get that but dont you want some capspace in the future so you can make SOME kind of moves? and lets say he stays you have added so much bad cap thatyou cant even make moves to build your team

(yes yes i know nobody wants to play in ohio
laugh.gif
)

once they re-signed andy to that absurd deal, i think they let everyone know they are trying to win immediately and will worry about the future later.

they still have to do that.

It's keeping bron happy and on a winner or else.

deal with the consequences later.

And this is what i argued for days with oc about last year. The cavs have NO future in place around LeBron. all those same questions that are asked about theknicks, the cavs have to answer.

Dec 22, 2009 2:14 PM EST

Wade_Dwyane_mia.jpg
Heat star Dwyane Wade has thought about playing with LeBron James and hasn't ruled out the possibility of doing so in the future.

"A lot of times in this league, players usually wind up going where they can get the most money. We're both blessed within that area. We've made a lot of money. So we wanted to base our decision on two things, the organization and the ability to win a title. And that's what we'll do. When the season is over, we plan to sit down and talk about it," Wade told Peter Vecsey in an interview with the New York Post.

"I'm not saying it will happen. But I'm intrigued by the idea.

"I probably couldn't have handled playing with someone like LeBron earlier in my career, but I'm older now. You're talking about two big egos and meshing them. That'd take a lot of sacrifice on LeBron's part and it'd take a lot of sacrifice on my part to succeed. But we would succeed because we know winning takes care of everything."

Both Wade and James, along with Chris Bosh, are expected to hit the free agent market this coming offseason.

I'm intrigued by the idea.
me too.

Back
Top Bottom