Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Originally Posted by Al3xis

once they re-signed andy to that absurd deal, i think they let everyone know they are trying to win immediately and will worry about the future later.

they still have to do that.

It's keeping bron happy and on a winner or else.

deal with the consequences later.

And this is what i argued for days with oc about last year. The cavs have NO future in place around LeBron. all those same questions that are asked about the knicks, the cavs have to answer.

naw i agree with you for the most part

[h2]Mavs' appeal focuses on Dampier foul[/h2]
Comment Email Print Share
By Tim MacMahon
ESPNDallas.com
Archive

DALLAS -- The Dallas Mavericks' appeal of their overtime loss Friday to the Houston Rockets argues that center Erick Dampier was inappropriately assessed a second technical foul.

The referees -- Ken Mauer, Brian Forte and John Goble -- called the technical on Dampier during an eight-minute review of a flagrant foul assessed to Houston's Aaron Brooks. The play occurred with 1:01 remaining in overtime and the Rockets leading by six points.

"What the rule says is, when you review it, the reason it's reviewable is because you want to see if anybody else is involved and make sure that the appropriate penalties are assessed," said Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, who filed the appeal paperwork with the league office Sunday. "So you look at the review, and just like a Flagrant 2 can be downgraded to a personal foul or can be downgraded to no foul, when you look at that video, you should assess the appropriate penalty, which in this case is none.

"Because there's no question that not only was that not an elbow above the neck, not only was that not an elbow with an intention to harm, there wasn't even an elbow. There wasn't even an elbow. There wasn't even an elbow thrown. By any reasonable standard, that change should have been made, and I'm sure the refs didn't know you could make that change, so that's a misapplication of the rules."

Cuban originally said that he planned to include at least two other calls in the appeal, but the Mavericks opted to focus on one call.

The NBA has five days to rule on the appeal. Cuban is requesting that the game be resumed in Dallas with 1:01 remaining and Dampier at the free throw line to shoot two free throws. In that case, the Mavs would have possession of the ball after the free throws.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Is there a vid of this? I want to see if there was an elbow.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Eric Maynor to the Thunder?
que?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

why would the jazz trade their young talent though?
Deron-Matthews-AK47-Milsap-Okur is somewhat bright.
Maynor+1st round from the knicks (pick a SF or center) and they'll be good...

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Dec 22, 2009 2:14 PM EST

Wade_Dwyane_mia.jpg
Heat star Dwyane Wade has thought about playing with LeBron James and hasn't ruled out the possibility of doing so in the future.

"A lot of times in this league, players usually wind up going where they can get the most money. We're both blessed within that area. We've made a lot of money. So we wanted to base our decision on two things, the organization and the ability to win a title. And that's what we'll do. When the season is over, we plan to sit down and talk about it," Wade told Peter Vecsey in an interview with the New York Post.

"I'm not saying it will happen. But I'm intrigued by the idea.

"I probably couldn't have handled playing with someone like LeBron earlier in my career, but I'm older now. You're talking about two big egos and meshing them. That'd take a lot of sacrifice on LeBron's part and it'd take a lot of sacrifice on my part to succeed. But we would succeed because we know winning takes care of everything."

Both Wade and James, along with Chris Bosh, are expected to hit the free agent market this coming offseason.
I'm intrigued by the idea.
me too.

I didn't see that earlier. Nevermind, it isn't true then. PV is full of garbage and made up bs.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Eric Maynor to the Thunder?
http://blog.newsok.com/th...waives-livingston-wilks/

Livingston waived?
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif

[h1]Thunder Acquires Maynor, Waives Livingston, Wilks[/h1]
Posted by Darnell Mayberry

on December 22, 2009M at 5:19 pm

The Oklahoma City Thunder has acquired rookie point guard Eric Maynor in a trade with Utah, The Oklahoman has learned.

In exchange, the Thunder will send the draft rights to Peter Fehse, a 2002 second-round pick, to Utah. The deal, which is expected to be announced Tuesdaynight, will also bring Matt Harpring's expiring $6.5 million contract to Oklahoma City, but the 33-year-old Harpring is out for the season after numerousailments and surgeries deteriorated his performance.

To make room for Maynor and Harpring, the Thunder will release reserve guards Shaun Livingston and Mike Wilks.

Maynor, the 20th overall pick out of Virginia Commonwealth, is averaging 5.2 points, 3.1 assists and 1.5 rebounds in 14 minutes per game.

Damn didn't take them long to get rid of Maynor for virtually nothing.
laugh.gif

Thunder Acquires Maynor, Waives Livingston, Wilks

The Oklahoma City Thunder has acquired rookie point guard Eric Maynor in a trade with Utah, The Oklahoman has learned.
In exchange, the Thunder will send the draft rights to Peter Fehse, a 2002 second-round pick, to Utah. The deal, which is expected to be announced Tuesday night, will also bring Matt Harpring's expiring $6.5 million contract to Oklahoma City, but the 33-year-old Harpring is out for the season after numerous ailments and surgeries deteriorated his performance.

To make room for Maynor and Harpring, the Thunder will release reserve guards Shaun Livingston and Mike Wilks.

Maynor, the 20th overall pick out of Virginia Commonwealth, is averaging 5.2 points, 3.1 assists and 1.5 rebounds in 14 minutes per game.

Source

More young talent for OKC
smh.gif
...Utah must really be feeling the financialconstraints.

Originally Posted by CP1708

[h2]Mavs' appeal focuses on Dampier foul[/h2]
Comment Email Print Share
By Tim MacMahon
ESPNDallas.com
Archive

DALLAS -- The Dallas Mavericks' appeal of their overtime loss Friday to the Houston Rockets argues that center Erick Dampier was inappropriately assessed a second technical foul.

The referees -- Ken Mauer, Brian Forte and John Goble -- called the technical on Dampier during an eight-minute review of a flagrant foul assessed to Houston's Aaron Brooks. The play occurred with 1:01 remaining in overtime and the Rockets leading by six points.

"What the rule says is, when you review it, the reason it's reviewable is because you want to see if anybody else is involved and make sure that the appropriate penalties are assessed," said Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, who filed the appeal paperwork with the league office Sunday. "So you look at the review, and just like a Flagrant 2 can be downgraded to a personal foul or can be downgraded to no foul, when you look at that video, you should assess the appropriate penalty, which in this case is none.

"Because there's no question that not only was that not an elbow above the neck, not only was that not an elbow with an intention to harm, there wasn't even an elbow. There wasn't even an elbow. There wasn't even an elbow thrown. By any reasonable standard, that change should have been made, and I'm sure the refs didn't know you could make that change, so that's a misapplication of the rules."

Cuban originally said that he planned to include at least two other calls in the appeal, but the Mavericks opted to focus on one call.

The NBA has five days to rule on the appeal. Cuban is requesting that the game be resumed in Dallas with 1:01 remaining and Dampier at the free throw line to shoot two free throws. In that case, the Mavs would have possession of the ball after the free throws.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Is there a vid of this? I want to see if there was an elbow.
laugh.gif

Honestly, no elbow.

I didn't see the game, I have no judgment, but no elbow.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

In exchange, the Thunder will send the draft rights to Peter Fehse, a 2002 second-round pick, to Utah.

peter-fehse.jpg

Yep, this dude will fit right in.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

there you go CP

anyone else cant embed anything?

When I did that Stat one last page it took me a couple tries, but it eventually came thru. Kept havin to re-paste it and what not and switchin the HTML crapand all that.

Thanks man.

Somebody needs to bring back that Sam Presti thread back from like a year ago or whatever.

How does OKC get Maynor and Harpring's expiring for a 2002 nobody?

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

In exchange, the Thunder will send the draft rights to Peter Fehse, a 2002 second-round pick, to Utah.

peter-fehse.jpg

Yep, this dude will fit right in.
roll.gif

Are any of you dudes trying to get the XI's?
nerd.gif

why is cuban not crying about the horrible flagrant foul called on brooks?

not sure why OKC would want Maynor when russy is playing major minutes at PG and harden can play some PG

JA, I WISH I could get the 11's, but with Christmas and all my other bills, nothin I can do.
tired.gif

And I guess that foul was from that sort of slight nothin nudge????
ohwell.gif
Good lord that was weak. Took 8 minutes to figure that out?
laugh.gif
I hopethere was like a better angle or somethin.

OKC just STEALING from people.
smh.gif

Good move for them, I can't think that Utah really wanted to do that deal. Just had no choice I suppose.

when you get a guy like maynor for almost nothing, its hard not to pull the trigger, even if it meant cutting shaun
frown.gif

my god, how does utah even have the 2nd highest payroll?
ak, deron, boozer, milsap, and okur must be gettin that paper.

Originally Posted by CP1708

JA, I WISH I could get the 11's, but with Christmas and all my other bills, nothin I can do.
tired.gif

And I guess that foul was from that sort of slight nothin nudge????
ohwell.gif
Good lord that was weak. Took 8 minutes to figure that out?
laugh.gif
I hope there was like a better angle or somethin.
I just got a fat check from my school I didn't know I had about a month ago, so I figured I'd TRY and treat myself to the 11's.

And as for the foul, I mean... I just don't see how Dampier got a technical, but it's whatever. Game's over, Cuban can try and replay the last1:01, but we WERE still down 6,
laugh.gif

It's all good, a W instead of an L would have been nice, if it comes down to us getting a replay, cool, if not, oh well.

Originally Posted by BangDak

You see how much Paul got this off-season?
laugh.gif

12.5m for Booz, 16.5 for AK, 13.5 for Deron, 10.3 for Millsap this year, 9 for Okur.

CJ, Kyle, and Ronnie Brewer is another 10 million.

Originally Posted by BangDak

You see how much Paul got this off-season?
laugh.gif

12.5m for Booz, 16.5 for AK, 13.5 for Deron, 10.3 for Millsap this year, 9 for Okur.

CJ, Kyle, and Ronnie Brewer is another 10 million.
the knicks could have gave him mobleys insured contract+another expiring for boozer+maynor.
understandable since they dont want to help the knicks at all, but thats much more cap relief then what they got.
either way, maynor shouldnt have been traded.

Back
Top Bottom