Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

lololol

i want to see that team play a season without lebron so bad. for all the people screaming how he would be crazy to ever leave. and all the people talking about his bench being so deep. i don't know how the team survives him leaving. gonna be weird.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Farmar isn't unrestricted though Mike, we control him still.  We can match any offer he gets can't we?   At least that's the way I remember his contract being worded earlier this year.  Even though we didn't offer the qualifier, we still control him, sort of like Milsap last summer, is that correct? 

Osh, Bynum is owed 2 more years of contract, you rather let Bosh walk then take Bynum for 2 years and hope he gets right?  Why? 

Bynum is damaged goods. I don't think this dude has ever had a full healthy season.

The thing with LA is, Bosh could want to go there all he wants, but, the Lakers have absolutely no room to sign him.

Toronto can be like you really want to go to LA, good luck. Either find a 3rd team so we can get more back, or, pick another team where it's more realistic.

Now if Bosh was serious about joining a team like the Bulls, Knicks or Heat, teams with caproom, where he can sign outright, albeit losing a year since it's not a S&T, then Toronto might have to settle for whatever those teams are offering. Deng, Beasley, etc.

Bynum, Luke/Farmar & draft pick for Bosh. Don't know what team can match that outside of Chicago
You're acting like Walton, Farmer and the Lakers' 1st round pick are some sort of irresistible hot commodities that the Raptors are drooling over. Walton and Farmer are bums. Bynum is an injury-prone, over-rated, over-paid player that the Raptors will want no part of.

I'm kind of surprised Bosh put the Lakers on his list. I know he wants to win a championship but does he really want to be a #3 option?

If this list is indeed accurate then I think Bosh will either end up:
1. With the Knicks if LeBron goes there.
2. With the Heat if LeBron goes to Chicago.
3. With the Bulls/Heat if LeBron resigns with Cleveland.

I rate his chances of being a Laker at maybe 2%. I rate his chances of remaining a Raptor at 0.01%. 

Out for the weekend, ya'll be good, get at it on Monday morning........provided yuku is still here. 
smh.gif

Didn't realize Bynum had a team option after 2 years(in 2012/13). Lakers have a good shot at Bosh now that I see that.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Bynum, Luke/Farmar & draft pick for Bosh. Don't know what team can match that outside of Chicago
You're acting like Walton, Farmer and the Lakers' 1st round pick are some sort of irresistible hot commodities that the Raptors are drooling over. Walton and Farmer are bums. Bynum is an injury-prone, over-rated, over-paid player that the Raptors will want no part of.

I'm kind of surprised Bosh put the Lakers on his list. I know he wants to win a championship but does he really want to be a #3 option?

If this list is indeed accurate then I think Bosh will either end up:
1. With the Knicks if LeBron goes there.
2. With the Heat if LeBron goes to Chicago.
3. With the Bulls/Heat if LeBron resigns with Cleveland.

I rate his chances of being a Laker at maybe 2%. I rate his chances of remaining a Raptor at 0.01%. 

They are just throw-ins in the trade to make the salaries match up. Bynum still being damaged goods would be the 2nd or 3rd best center in the East. And IF he can get back and stay healthy, that would be about the best deal Bosh/Toronto can hope for assuming he wants and they are willing to give him that extra 30 million dollars. And what makes you think that the Raptors wouldn't want Bynum, weren't there discussions before the trade deadline about Bynum for Bosh?

Maybe Bosh has changed his tune and wants to win more than being "the guy". And what better organization and situation to do that at than the Lakers? 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
DO IT MITCH!!

EDIT: Here's more on Bosh 

More on the Bosh wish list

By Chad Ford

CHICAGO -- While the NBA draft combine is a time for the top prospects to showcase their skills in front of league executives, much of the intrigue occurs after the drills end. In restaurants and lobbies in downtown Chicago, general managers chat with one another about everything going on in the league, including potential trades and free agency.

In speaking with a number of NBA personnel and player agents over the past two days, I realized that while LeBron James may be the "it" guy in the 2010 Free Agent frenzy, there seems to be as much or more speculation in Chicago about the future of Toronto Raptors forward Chris Bosh.

Why? The NBA GMs I spoke with are convinced that Bosh is the most likely top free agent to leave for another destination. They also believe the Raptors will be willing to do a sign-and-trade, potentially putting all 29 other teams in play for his services.

That idea wasn't disputed by two sources close to situation. They told me Thursday that Bosh's agent has informed the Raptors that he has whittled his potential list down to five teams and has given the list to the Raptors. (See this Bosh news story, published earlier on Friday.)

Bosh's wish list, according to sources, includes the Raptors, Los Angeles Lakers, Chicago Bulls, Miami Heat and New York Knicks, in no particular order.

If he were to leave Toronto, Bosh would prefer to do a sign-and-trade, which would allow him to get an extra year on his contract and larger year-to-year raises. In short, he can earn considerably more money with a sign-and-trade as opposed to just signing with another team. By giving the Raptors the list now, it gives the team time to construct potential deals that they could live with.

Of course, the Raptors would love to re-sign Bosh if he's willing, but, according to sources, they've told him that if he decides to go elsewhere, they're open to doing a sign-and-trade if they can get back a player they like -- preferably a big man.

One of the sources told ESPN.com that Bosh's ultimate decision will likely be heavily influenced where LeBron decides to play: "If LeBron decides to go to either New York or Chicago, I think that's where you'll see Chris land. If LeBron stays in Cleveland, I think the process is more wide open."

Of the four teams left, the Lakers clearly hold the most interesting sign-and-trade options for Toronto. The Raptors have shown interest in both Andrew Bynum and Pau Gasol. But a source cautioned, "If the Lakers win the NBA title, I think the chances of them shaking up the roster go down dramatically."

To acquire Bosh, the Knicks could sign-and-trade David Lee, in whom the Raptors have shown great interest.

The chances for the Bulls and Heat to participate in a Bosh sign-and-trade are a bit less clear. The Bulls could offer Luol Deng, but his huge contract would be an issue, and he’s not a big man. Taj Gibson and Joakim Noah could be in play, but a source in Chicago told me the Bulls really want to hang onto Noah.

The Heat don't have a lot to offer unless the Raptors would be happy with Udonis Haslem (via sign-and-trade) and/or Michael Beasley.

The list, sources said, did not include any of the three teams in Bosh’s home state of Texas – the Houston Rockets, Dallas Mavericks and San Antonio Spurs -- nor did Bosh express interest in the up-and-coming Oklahoma City Thunder, as some thought he might.

This could come as especially bitter news to the Rockets, who sources say have a strong interest in Bosh and would be willing to offer the Raptors a number of players

I think if they win the title without Bynum doing anything or being a factor, they would do it.

i still don't understand how people think Deng is getting traded. you really don't think they would want Noah? nobody wants Deng's terrible contract.

I'd take Beasley's potential, even though he's a headcase, than an injury prone, if he's healthy, he's a top 3 C in the East.

Toronto doesn't have to do Bosh and LA no favors, considering Toronto knows LA can't sign this guy outright.

But, like I said, if Bosh says he's going to a team with caproom, and will sign with them, then Toronto can come back with ok, let's work something out via S&T

I can see Colangelo making yet another blunder when he trades away Bosh. Trading away Bosh is inevitable and I cant blame Colangelo for doing so, but I have an awful feeling that Colangelo will be taking back a contract the team will regret having several months into the 2010/11 campaign. David Lee for 4-5 years?
sick.gif

And as franchise3 said, the Raps dont have to do L.A. any favors. Why the heck would they take Walton and Farmar just to make the numbers work? Take back bad contracts + trading away your best player just for the other team to benefit? Does that make sense to you? Delusional Laker fans FTL.

Sign-and-trades are mutually beneficial for all 3 parties involved. Player A gets the maximum amount of money possible based on his market value, the GM trading him away gets some assets in return and team X get their desired player.

Although Colangelo is in a very tough situation, he's not in a situation where he HAS to take back 'fillers'. Worse comes to worse, the Raptors let him walk for nothing in return but thats unlikely to happen because Bosh probably wants a max-contract. The only way Bosh can get a max-contract is by signing with the Raps, and the only way the Raps will give Bosh a max-contract is if they can agree to a trade that suits the team's needs. See? The entire world does not always revolve around the L.A. Lakers.

[h1]Agent for Wade, Bosh refutes planning already in place[/h1]
Agent Henry Thomas on Friday denounced a report by ESPN that stated he had narrowed down a list of preferred destinations for Toronto Raptors free-agent client Chris Bosh.

Thomas, who also represents Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade, another pending free agent, said he has not forwarded any such list to Raptors General Manager Bryan Colangelo.

"I haven't closed the door on anything," Thomas insisted. "I haven'tgiven Bryan any lists. There is no list. This is a process that isongoing."

According to the ESPN report, Thomas had told the Raptors that Bosh'sfree-agency focus would center on the Raptors, as well as the Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Lakers, New York Knicks and Heat.

A party close to the situation said that while Colangelo has a list ofpotential trade partners acceptable to Bosh, the ESPN list wasincomplete.

Thomas said there is no reason to limit options this early in theprocess, with free-agent negotiations with outside teams not allowed tobegin until July 1 and free-agent signings not allowed until July 8.

"Why would I do that?" Thomas said. "We're still in a process of evaluating a lot different situations."

With the right to opt out of the final year of his contract by June 30,the same deadline as Wade, Bosh would benefit working in concert withthe Raptors on a sign-and-trade transaction should he decide to leave.

Under such a scenario, the athletic power forward could then sign forthe maximum six years at $125.5 million. Should he sign outright withanother team with sufficient cap space, he would be limited to $96.1million over five years.

Thomas said Bosh is not necessarily wed to a sign-and-trade resolution.

"I can't tell you whether it's a priority or not. Is it going to beevaluated? Sure. It will be evaluated," Thomas said. "But whether it'sa priority, we're still in a process of deciding what the prioritiesactually are."

Nonetheless, a sign-and-trade with Toronto could be difficult for theHeat, with the Raptors hardly enamored of second-year forward MichaelBeasley, the Heat's prime trade chip.

With the Bulls or Knicks, it is possible for Bosh to sign in tandem with Cleveland Cavaliers forward LeBron James, another pending free agent. Should the Heat be able to move Beasley's contract, it could be possible for Pat Riley's team to sign Wade, Bosh and another top-tier free agent.

Wade, Bosh and James all are represented by the same agency. Wade has spoken of a possible pre-draft sitdown among the three.

"We haven't decided that yet," Thomas said. "I wouldn't be surprised, for sure, if the guys don't talk to themselves.

"But as far as there being this big pow-wow, where we're all going to get into a room, that hasn't been decided."

Ira Winderman can be reached at [email protected].
Click here to get Sun Sentinel weekend home delivery for only $1.25 per week. Type WEBSALE in the offer code box to take advantage of this limited time offer

Copyright [emoji]169[/emoji] 2010, South Florida Sun-Sentinel
clear.gif

BSPN strikes again?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

I'd take Beasley's potential, even though he's a headcase, than an injury prone, if he's healthy, he's a top 3 C in the East.

Toronto doesn't have to do Bosh and LA no favors, considering Toronto knows LA can't sign this guy outright.

But, like I said, if Bosh says he's going to a team with caproom, and will sign with them, then Toronto can come back with ok, let's work something out via S&T

laugh.gif
Guess that's why you aren't a GM. An injury prone Bynum is better than Beasley's "potential", we've yet to see if dude can even operate with his head on straight. At least Bynum can play (when healthy) on the court.

And it seems that Toronto is more willing to do a sign and trade so they just don't let him walk for nothing. 

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by franchise3

laugh.gif
Guess that's why you aren't a GM. An injury prone Bynum is better than Beasley's "potential", we've yet to see if dude can even operate with his head on straight. At least Bynum can play (when healthy) on the court.

And it seems that Toronto is more willing to do a sign and trade so they just don't let him walk for nothing. 

Both players would be a risk. Beasley showing his potential is just as big of a risk as Bynum getting hurt. The fact that he's bound to get hurt again due to him being a center makes it even more of a toss up.

I think you would want a center before a combo forward though.

^ Agreed...I'd be more than happy with Bynum/Farmar or Bynum/Morrison/Draft Pick.

Beasley is gonna see all this premium kush we have here in Toronto and literally have a field day.

I can see Colangelo making yet another blunder when he trades away Bosh. Trading away Bosh is inevitable and I cant blame Colangelo for doing so, but I have an awful feeling that Colangelo will be taking back a contract the team will regret having several months into the 2010/11 campaign. David Lee for 4-5 years?
sick.gif

And as franchise3 said, the Raps dont have to do L.A. any favors. Why the heck would they take Walton and Farmar just to make the numbers work? Take back bad contracts + trading away your best player just for the other team to benefit? Does that make sense to you? Delusional Laker fans FTL.

Sign-and-trades are mutually beneficial for all 3 parties involved. Player A gets the maximum amount of money possible based on his market value, the GM trading him away gets some assets in return and team X get their desired player.

Although Colangelo is in a very tough situation, he's not in a situation where he HAS to take back 'fillers'. Worse comes to worse, the Raptors let him walk for nothing in return but thats unlikely to happen because Bosh probably wants a max-contract. The only way Bosh can get a max-contract is by signing with the Raps, and the only way the Raps will give Bosh a max-contract is if they can agree to a trade that suits the team's needs. See? The entire world does not always revolve around the L.A. Lakers.

Well pray tell what team would have one player that matches up with that $20 million that Bosh will earn? ANY team (maybe except the Bulls) that potentially gets him will have to give up multiple pieces or fillers. 

Chicago-Deng and Hinrich alone would work, but does that fit any needs or wants Toronto has (Deng's horrible contract, and do the Raps really need ANOTHER PG?)

Miami-Beasley & Haslem (it's been said multiple times that the Raps aren't high Beasley and neither he nor Udonis are true "big men")

New York-David Lee and Curry/Chandler/Gallo (I think they already have enough shooting big men and Lee though a nice player is undersized at the PF/C position)

Los Angeles-Bynum and Sasha/Luke/Farmar (Bynum being the centerpiece and "big man" that Toronto has expressed interest in and probably would want, team option in 2 years if he continues to be injured, Sasha's deal expires next year, Luke sucks, and Farmar has shown signs of maybe being decent, but probably just a contract year play.)

Lakers have the MAJOR piece Toronto would want, and only maybe the Knicks could match that in terms of production with Lee. If LA decides they want to move Bynum and the Raps want him too, then that is the best play available, but wherever he ends up doing if it's via the sign and trade route, bit and filler pieces are going to be required.

I'm pretty sure that teams under the cap don't have to give back a comparable salary. That's why Chicago can do a s&t with no Deng involved. For instance, Miami could just give up Beasley and receive a signed and traded Bosh in return as far as I understand the rules. Or just giving up a draft pick would work as well.

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

I'm pretty sure that teams under the cap don't have to give back a comparable salary. That's why Chicago can do a s&t with no Deng involved. For instance, Miami could just give up Beasley and receive a signed and traded Bosh in return as far as I understand the rules. Or just giving up a draft pick would work as well.

That's true they don't. But would the Bulls still have room to sign Bron after that? If so, then that could be his best bet. And the Heat have a lot of cap too, I was just saying the assets as in players they already have that Toronto would want, and if they want Beasley then fine, but they don't seem to be too high on him.

If that happened though, the Heat theoretically could sign and trade for Bosh, sign Lebron which would be $40 million in salary, and still be able to go over the cap to resign D-Wade correct since they have his bird rights. All 3 could have max money and create a super team. Now filling out those last 6 roster spots could be a challenge, but maybe the owner would be willing to pay luxury tax cause they damn sure would be in the Finals next year with that trio.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

sick.gif

Well pray tell what team would have one player that matches up with that $20 million that Bosh will earn? ANY team (maybe except the Bulls) that potentially gets him will have to give up multiple pieces or fillers. 

Chicago-Deng and Hinrich alone would work, but does that fit any needs or wants Toronto has (Deng's horrible contract, and do the Raps really need ANOTHER PG?)

Miami-Beasley & Haslem (it's been said multiple times that the Raps aren't high Beasley and neither he nor Udonis are true "big men")

New York-David Lee and Curry/Chandler/Gallo (I think they already have enough shooting big men and Lee though a nice player is undersized at the PF/C position)

Los Angeles-Bynum and Sasha/Luke/Farmar (Bynum being the centerpiece and "big man" that Toronto has expressed interest in and probably would want, team option in 2 years if he continues to be injured, Sasha's deal expires next year, Luke sucks, and Farmar has shown signs of maybe being decent, but probably just a contract year play.)

Lakers have the MAJOR piece Toronto would want, and only maybe the Knicks could match that in terms of production with Lee. If LA decides they want to move Bynum and the Raps want him too, then that is the best play available, but wherever he ends up doing if it's via the sign and trade route, bit and filler pieces are going to be required.

I don't think Deng is over paid to the point where he isnt wanted. The numbers dont get "terrible" for another 2 years. You cant tell me that compared to the other guys at SF making in the 10 million - 12 million range like Deng will be in the next couple years are that much better than Deng. If the Bulls wanted to get a deal done they would have to take a contract. Marcus Banks? Reggie Evans?
Its like ESPN reported. If Lebron decides he wants to go to Chicago and a sign and trade is the best option for LeBron, and Bosh also wants to go to Chicago. Bosh is going to have to take less money. Toronto will not do a sign and trade for Bosh unless it is for Beasley, or something we arent discussing. I wouldnt think the Bulls would want to do a sign and trade for Bosh in the first place. I think the best option for a sign and trade is Cleveland. Cleveland and Toronto are not major players in this FA class. Cleveland still has a somewhat decent prospect in Hickson that if paired with a contract can get them another piece. They dont have the right contract or player on the roster right now.

I heard the idea of Iggy being traded and that might be the "lebron replacement target" that would get the Cavs to consider a S&T. But I doubt they would consider one.
Banks2Pierce is right though. If you are under the cap you don't have to give up equal salary to get a max guy.
The Raptors are locked into some bad deals though, but you cant tell me if they had a way to get rid of Turk, and get back Deng they wouldnt do it.

I hate Andrew Bynum so much it's bordering on ZoDogg level, I find him to be utterly detestable on every almost every single level. I don;t know how I could handle or recover having to watch that guy for 82 games, or what i would do if Bosh went to the Lakers of all ##@*$+$ places. I think I may have a nervous breakdown. I would rather have him walk for nothing then have him go to the Lakers. Just thinking about is makes me physically ill.  

IMO, any team that takes Bynum is just setting themselves up to ruin their franchise for a few years.

that guy's a walking time bomb. you cant really consider him injury prone, but i guess he just has a bit of bad luck, and it doesnt look like its going to end any time soon.

beasley's name is only gonna be out there for a 3rd FA... if not i think the heat will be happy with just wade/bosh and resigning a couple players from this years roster... i mean hey we lost to a very good celtics team that beat the cavs and are up 2-0 on the magic... i dont think the heat are that hard on themselves

Can someone explain to me how Doug Collins keeps getting coaching gigs?

^that's just how the NBA works. it's a fraternity culture.

Suns forward Amar'e Stoudemire has taken a lot of heat for his lack of defense against the Lakers in the first two games of the Western Conference Finals. However, Stoudemire indicates that defensive strategy, not his individual efforts, are to blame for Phoenix's interior defensive woes.

"I'm doing everything the coaching staff is asking me to do, every single thing," he said Friday, "from fronting the post, to doubling Kobe, to helping out. Those guys are big down there."

so first it was D'antoni's fault, now it's the current coaching staffs fault. he will never take responsibility for anything.

464473ec-247a-4fb1-8b7c-d5d0c77eff92.jpg

I'm sure the Amare lovers will be out in force tomorrow, comin out the caves they been hidin in the first couple games.  
laugh.gif

He played well tonight, no doubt about it, he musta realized he was hurtin his contract if he didn't show up soon.  I'm sure we'll get him back to his disapearing self in a game or two, once he feels good about hisself again. 
pimp.gif

That play by Rondo was one of the greatest hustle plays I have ever seen.  What a damn play, travel or not, that thing was beautiful. 

Well OC, you were right about the Magic. 
smh.gif
 I give you credit.  You can read this in October when you come out of hiding. 

Back
Top Bottom