Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Sign and trade you say?

After this season, win or lose, you know the Bosh to LA rumors via Bynum will flare up

I can see him going to Chicago though too

Bosh sign and trade to Houston would be
sick.gif

but they'd probably have to give up Scola right?

Maybe Scola. Maybe Hill. And other loose parts.

But Dallas could offer the Dampier contract and such.

Guess he doesn't want the pressure of playing in his home state.

But yep, like you guys are saying, no real surprise looking at the team list.

He prolly wants to win too, so that rules out Texas. 

I didn't want to move Bynum at the deadline for him, but after like 3 more leg injuries, if that's still out there, then do it.  Bosh, Gasol, Artest, Kobe, Odom, etc, I'll live with it I guess. 

You'll live with it like that team ain't @++$.

You always have to be weary about guys going back home. Although that Rockets team (with Yao healthy of course) would be sick.

That was a cheap shot cp lol

And my question is will teams like the cavs and raptors be down for a sign and trade ? No way in hell do I see the cavs doing one for bron

laugh.gif
 Pro.  Like I've said, I want to add Ray Allen too.  Imagine that off season.  People be pitchin Laker fans out windows. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

That was a cheap shot cp lol

And my question is will teams like the cavs and raptors be down for a sign and trade ? No way in hell do I see the cavs doing one for bron

I think Bron is smart and will word it this way. 

I will go to New York right now, ORRRRR you can trade me to team X and get some assets back.  But bottom line, I'm leaving. 

That way, he forces the Cavs to put him where he wants, if he wants a team that needs to do a sign and trade.  Cleveland HAS to do that if he puts it on them like that.  They HAVE to get something from him, anything, they can't just let him walk and watch the franchise crumble.  Nobody wants to be the ones to trade Lebron, I get that, but him walking away does you jack @#$% too, so might as well get at least something for your pain. 

I probably wouldn't take Bynum at this point if I were Toronto. He'd put them on the hook for too much money and only more mediocrity on the horizon. Consistent injuries are just too worrisome. They probably need to tank again and hope they don't win another Bargnani type of prize.

And I bet certain teams start offering crazy talent to Cleveland in sign and trade proposals. Gonna be some chicken played by both sides.

I don't see Lebron getting traded.

Taking out the Cavs feeling jilted and not wanting to give him more money..

Do the Cavs want Deng back? giving the Bulls the cap space to also sign Bosh and run the division and conference for however many years. If I'm the Cavs I'd rather have the cap space than Deng and more importantly I'd rather NOT give the Bulls cap space.

Would LeBron want a sign and trade to New York? An extra year or keep a better team around him (Gallo, Chandler, Douglas, whoever it may be)? If he wants a sign and trade there, it comes off as not caring about winning if you give up young talent just for an extra year on the contract. LeBron would recoup that extra $30 million before he blinks in NY anyway.

Only conceivable one would be to Miami for Beasley.

Allen you're saying that Bron flat out tells them, either move me or I walk anyways, they would just let him walk?  Why would they do that?  He's leaving anyways right?  Why wouldn't they take something back? 

And I'm talking about decent somethings, not just garbage or anything, some sort of picks/young players/2-3 year decent contract type stuff. 

If they only get offered horrible contracts, then yeah, let him walk and rebuild in 10 years. 

Here's my question, he leaves, does Cleveland retire his jersey?  Dead serious.  Would they put themselves thru that? 

Bron won't want to gut the team he is going to. If he goes to the knicks he will make that money back in a year. Bosh is where it gets tricky. But the article says he would like to play with lebron if he leaves CLE. Bosh doesn't have the marketing power that lebron does so i wonder what the knicks would offer.

If Bosh goes to LA there isn't a reason to watch the NBA for the next 2 years. lol

can you imagine Kobe with 7 rings? oh my lord. I never thought it could happen. this site would implode

What can the Bulls offer besides Deng/Hinrich and if you're the Cavs, why do you want to give the Bulls more cap space? A S&T with Chicago only benefits the Bulls unless it's Noah or Rose, and if that's the case, LeBron's not going there without them anyway.

If the Cavs wana go get Deng and Hinrich and a late 1st round pick and get throttled by Rose/LeBron/Bosh/Noah every time they meet up, then well, I wouldn't even know what to say.

Only attractive options the Cavs would target in NY are probably 1 of Gallinari/Chandler to go with Douglas. So here, why take away talent from the team you're going to, to try to win?

Those young players (Noah, Gallinari, Chandler, etc) are assets to the Cavs in a S&T, but they're an asset to LeBron for winning on his new team.

I think Miami's a different scenario and would be the only case of it working out because Beasley still could be valued and he's not expensive, and he's not really an important piece that LeBron/Wade would need.

Oh so Bosh has LA as one of his choices and the Raptors want a "big man" huh? Bynum, Luke/Farmar & draft pick for Bosh. Don't know what team can match that outside of Chicago, but I doubt they'll want to give up Noah, so Drew, as brittle as he is, would be the best one available.

Fish
Kobe
Ron
Bosh
Pau

LO off the bench
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
Might as well lock up a 4 peat
wink.gif

You know what to do Mitchell.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Allen you're saying that Bron flat out tells them, either move me or I walk anyways, they would just let him walk?  Why would they do that?  He's leaving anyways right?  Why wouldn't they take something back? 

i seriously think the fan backlash would just be too much if they traded him. they are better off with the unity angle they played this post season. everyone loves each other and hates lebron together

and i assume they do retire his jersey years from now. but that's a good question

Am I crazy to think the Blake Griffin injury might have cost the Clips a chance at Lebron? Or is Sterling too much of a detriment? And that's if he was going to be close to or equal to all of the hype. If he's considering Chicago because of the talent, it would only make sense to do the same with the Clips.

And I'm close to being on the fence with regards retiring his jersey. I probably wouldn't do it if I were Gilbert.

laugh.gif
 fan backlash.  They'll all be dead Dub, there won't be a word whispered in that @#$% town. 
pimp.gif

Farmar isn't unrestricted though Mike, we control him still.  We can match any offer he gets can't we?   At least that's the way I remember his contract being worded earlier this year.  Even though we didn't offer the qualifier, we still control him, sort of like Milsap last summer, is that correct? 

Osh, Bynum is owed 2 more years of contract, you rather let Bosh walk then take Bynum for 2 years and hope he gets right?  Why? 

Yep, Farmar is restricted, so we can match any offer. I think he's trying to play well and hope he gets a good payday, I just hope the Lakers don't fall for it FOUR times in a row (Luke, Sasha, Bynum, TBD)

And also we'll throw in Sasha for free, just send a moose back to LA. I hope if that this scenario comes up, that clown Jim Buss doesn't stop it from happening cause of his love affair with brittle Bynum.

Back
Top Bottom