Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Good for allen that he gets to witness Lebron dominating for his first time seeing him.

I'd love to try to make it to a game in Orlando if/when both teams get there.

Wow, impressive win by the Suns.

Dragic and the rest of the bench were phenomenal.

Lebron.
sick.gif

Hopefully his performance tonight puts an end to Elbow Gate

so we all still know that the entire team is lebron right?

tell me i'm not just making things up. because i see the greatest player in the NBA taking a dump on the celtics. i don't see an elite team.

Loving the way Phoenix is playing. They need to get this series win to make up for old times.

That's one bench that can actually give the Lakers problems. I also think LAL/PHO would make a good conference finals.

Alot of blowouts in this year's playoffs. I figured it wasn't going to be that good this year, so I'm not too disappointed. I just hope to see two competitive conference finals and nba finals.

Because you can never have enough Bill Walton (NH)
laugh.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Pain Gone, Walton Talks With Zeal Once Again[/h1]There was never any doubting Bill Walton’spassions, not while the ball was bouncing, the cameras were rolling andthe microphone was on. Words and opinions flowed freely, to aboisterous rhythm that was instantly identifiable.

A player was never just great — he was the greatest Walton had everseen. A referee’s call was not just bad — it was “horrrrible.

Duba, dude I swear you are a hater or don't know anything about basketball. If you can't see that the CAVS as a TEAM are good and It's's more than just LeBron, then you need to stop posting in basketball threads. You can tell by the way these guys played tonight that they are a team, and dude I'm beginning to get tired of you being so negative towards the CAVS when you know damn well you would have a orgasm if Bron came there and you know you wish the Knicks were 1/4 as good as the CAVS. The CAVS have two all-nba defensive players, versatile players, one of the best benches in the league, and all the players get along and play for each other. Bron scored most of his points in one quarter, and yet the CAVS still ended up scoring 124 points and winning by 29 points. One player can't do that you idiot. So stop being a hater and hope and pray that +++@@% team you root for and follow can even almost make the playoffs, let alone advance in them.

Duba, dude I swear you are a hater or don't know anything about basketball. If you can't see that the CAVS as a TEAM are good and It's's more than just LeBron, then you need to stop posting in basketball threads. You can tell by the way these guys played tonight that they are a team, and dude I'm beginning to get tired of you being so negative towards the CAVS when you know damn well you would have a orgasm if Bron came there and you know you wish the Knicks were 1/4 as good as the CAVS. The CAVS have two all-nba defensive players, versatile players, one of the best benches in the league, and all the players get along and play for each other. Bron scored most of his points in one quarter, and yet the CAVS still ended up scoring 124 points and winning by 29 points. One player can't do that you idiot. So stop being a hater and hope and pray that %@+%$* team you root for and follow can even almost make the playoffs, let alone advance in them.

^yo, im gonna throw in my .02 and ask a cavs fan a question:

The cavs are no doubt stacked. They pretty much have a solid contributor from Lebron all the way down to the 8 or 9th guy on the roster. Why is that some nights the entire team just gets shut down, ie: game 2. Do they really need Lebron to get it going? or am i just dead wrong with the Cavs talent level?

The subheadline on ESPN
laugh.gif
  They repeated Dragic
laugh.gif

Goran Dragic. Yes, Goran Dragic spurred the Suns in the second half, scoring all 26 of his points after halftime as Phoenix took a 3-0 series lead Friday night with a 110-96 victory.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

The cavs are no doubt stacked. They pretty much have a solid contributor from Lebron all the way down to the 8 or 9th guy on the roster. Why is that some nights the entire team just gets shut down, ie: game 2. Do they really need Lebron to get it going? or am i just dead wrong with the Cavs talent level?

LeBron sets the tone. The rest of the team feeds off his energy and intensity. There have been games where LeBron wasn't needed and someone like Jamison or Williams can carry the team, but in the playoffs, he creates for others.

He's often the guy who initiates plays, so if he's playing lazy or turning the ball over, it affects other guys out there on the court.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

LeBron sets the tone. The rest of the team feeds off his energy and intensity. There have been games where LeBron wasn't needed and someone like Jamison or Williams can carry the team, but in the playoffs, he creates for others.

He's often the guy who initiates plays, so if he's playing lazy or turning the ball over, it affects other guys out there on the court.

Thats too bad
smh.gif
Antawn and Mo were both 20 ppg scorers before they arrived with the Cavs, i dont get how they can't just turn it back on *Kanye Shrug*

Seems to me someone is sprinting towards their summer vacations.  Enjoy that first round win, but um, lookin like history about to be on my side when the Finals roll around.  But hey, what do I know? 
wink.gif

Goran Dragic???  Dude lookin like Isiah out there. 

Who had a better quarter, Bron's 1st, or Dragic's 4th? 
laugh.gif

Thats too bad
smh.gif
Antawn and Mo were both 20 ppg scorers before they arrived with the Cavs, i dont get how they can't just turn it back on *Kanye Shrug*

Not calling you out rck2, but after reading this I said to myself man, was Mo really a 20 ppg scorer with the Bucks? I remembered him being in the area, but having a high of around 17 ppg during his years in Milwaukee.

He was always a capable scorer but I didn't recall him ever reaching that 20 pt. plateau.

I double checked espn and his high in ppg was 17.3 with Milwaukee in 06-07 (did reach 17.8 w/ CLE in 08-09 though). Just thought it was worth mentioning.

I was watching parts of the late game at a bar last night...

Thought I was losing it when I saw Dragic going off. I had to stop drinking. Thought I was done...

Originally Posted by blackredxiiigoat

rck2sactown wrote:

Thats too bad
smh.gif

Not calling you out rck2, but after reading this I said to myself man, was Mo really a 20 ppg scorer with the Bucks? I remembered him being in the area, but having a high of around 17 ppg during his years in Milwaukee.

He was always a capable scorer but I didn't recall him ever reaching that 20 pt. plateau.

I double checked espn and his high in ppg was 17.3 with Milwaukee in 06-07 (did reach 17.8 w/ CLE in 08-09 though). Just thought it was worth mentioning.

I feel ya, but the bottom line is that the guy can score, ya know? I just thought for the sake of an argument I'd just round up and say 20.

No that the Lakers are up 3-0 along with the Magic and Suns and all 3 teams sweep and let's say CLE finishes Boston in 5 on Tuesday. How in the world are they going to drag the Conference Finals out until June? Will there be a week off between the 2nd round and Conference Finals? I'm pretty sure they always usually alternate the East and West Finals on every day.

I mentioned it a few pages back.... This round of playoffs is BORING.

The only shocker to me is Phx being up on the Spurs 3-0.
eek.gif
eek.gif

Cuban will really feel like $%%% if Phx just cruises past SA to the Conference Finals.

LA-Utah I knew would be terrible. Same with Orl-Atl
sick.gif
. Cle-Bos is the only interesting series.

Back
Top Bottom