Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Originally Posted by DubA169

lakers/magic would be great
lakers/celtics would be great
cavs/lakers would obviously turn into kobe/bron
so basically Lakers in the finals would be great period?
laugh.gif

the peoples elbow>>> lebrons elbow

^
Exactly.  But what media types do you hear speakin on them all the time right now? 

Nobody even mentioned them during the first round, and they were the only team to sweep. 

the magic are again under the radar just like last year

hell brons elbow is getting more attention than them
laugh.gif
smh.gif

shame on tmz i mean espn  
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

IDK..I hear a lot of people saying the Magic are the best team right now.
people you know personally or ESPN and other media outlets?

the league isn't doing a good job at hyping anything other than lebron imo. it even feels like kobe has been pushed to the side. maybe that's just my east coast bias though. or maybe the media does whatever they want and it has nothing to do with the league. i'm not sure.

I dont listen to much of the media but cowherd and jalen rose have been callin them the best team in the league. I mean they are playing the Bobcats and the Hawks.

Cleveland got chicago now boston, LA at least had the match up with OKC. More to talk about with them.

I get to see Bron in person for the first time tonight
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by DubA169

lakers/magic would be great
lakers/celtics would be great
cavs/lakers would obviously turn into kobe/bron
so basically Lakers in the finals would be great period?
laugh.gif

the peoples elbow>>> lebrons elbow

i'm not a lakers fan but yeah i guess
laugh.gif

i wanted to see nuggets/cavs or nuggets/magic, but after coach got cancer i knew there was no way those knuckleheads would get to the finals
frown.gif

never though the mavericks were real

you're going to boston allen?

Actually I got invited to the after party. So making a trip of it.

but yeah. I just categorize myself as a New Englader at this point, though.

Belle got you into the afterparty?

laugh.gif

In all seriousness, I never expect anyone rooting for NY teams to be from the New England area.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Bobcats and Hawks were certainly better than the Bulls and Celtics this year.

Completely agree, we (Magic) would have swept the Bulls too. The Celtics we wouldnt sweep but they wouldnt win a 7 game series. Everyone rode Cleveland last year and they lost, problem is they got slower covering the pick and roll and getting out on 3 pt shooters adding Shaq and the Magic got better by adding a defensive menace in Barnes, keeping a legit Center as a back up at Gortat and surronding Dwight with shooters. The only thing stopping the Magic is the Lakers at full health, including Bynum and I dont see that this year.

Originally Posted by TheAssassin23

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Bobcats and Hawks were certainly better than the Bulls and Celtics this year.
Everyone rode Cleveland last year 

Yeah I CERTAINLY didn't hear anyone saying, "well Cleveland played Detroit and Atlanta" through two rounds last year.

I'll be looking for the AI Georgetown jersey if I make it to the game tonight. My potential ticket is 50/50 right now.

The Magic are definitely beasting, BUT, I think they got a better draw. I mean sure, The Bobcats were a good team coached by Larry Brown, but they had no bench, Felton's defense is on par wit Damon Jones's, no beef up front to get buckets under the hoop, and only Jackson and Wallace showed up. ATL, %!@@+% offense keeps them from being a threat to a good defensive team like Orlando. Same thing happened to Atlanta against Cleveland last year. Not gonna beat a good defensive team by running an Iso offense, not gonna happen. So I give Orl credit for beating the breaks off of the cats put in front of em, and they are playing the best basketball right now in these playoffs, them and Phoenix

Orlando's extremely good, but they will run into issues when Dwight can be defended well. Horford is a great low post defender, but is not big enough to contain Dwight and their backups are all clowns. Charlotte got Dwight into foul trouble and actually had decent defenders to hold him down and every game was pretty tight. Problem is how bad Charlotte's O was. Orlando happens to be Atlanta's worst nightmare.

Dwight and the Magic O will struggle worse than normal if they play Boston or LAL. Both teams are able to single cover him and stay on the shooters without getting burned. Would Shaq guard him well? Not sure he would in his current state.

One of my boy's is front row tonight, dude spent a grip on tickets....He'll be a frail white boy, prolly wearing a Sox fitted.

I'm speakin on a hype or buzz stand point. Nobody cares about Atlanta or the Bobcats. You match Orlando up with Boston right now instead and there's more of a buzz around them.

Either way, it's LeBron and Kobe. Dwight's not near their kind of star power.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I'm speakin on a hype or buzz stand point. Nobody cares about Atlanta or the Bobcats. You match Orlando up with Boston right now instead and there's more of a buzz around them.

Either way, it's LeBron and Kobe. Dwight's not near their kind of star power.
if they can't make the best center in the league a star, then they aren't trying hard enough

it's not like dwight has tim duncans personality. you can easily make him a star. he's a goofy good natured guy. 

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

One of my boy's is front row tonight, dude spent a grip on tickets....He'll be a frail white boy, prolly wearing a Sox fitted.

Tell him to watch out for Crooks
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom