• NikeTalk will be offline for a system update tonight, beginning at 4 AM ET. We'll return at approximately 6 AM ET with a performance upgrade and some additional features. Thank you for your patience!

Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Raja knows the Cavs/Lakers won't sign him, so he doesn't think he has a shot at a ring. He'd rather count his money this year and gear up for 2010-11.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

So it's you don't put much of an emphasis on regular season games?

Or is it you think the West will just be a cake-walk, and your only concern are CLE and BOS?
IMO, the regular season is nothing.  Might seem arrogant or whatever you want to call it, but how can people expect guys to go crazy for 9 damn months a season? 

I'm sorry, but I don't see D Fish, Kobe, Phil, and the rest play for it all in June, and then come back in Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, and March and act like it matters. 

So to me, the way I view the season, it's all just practice.  Surely, surely there are bigger games, fun games, interesting matchup games.  Den/Clev last week was NICE.  Kobe and Bron.  Durant vs Melo.  Shaq vs Arenas if they would ever step on the court together.  CP3 vs DWill.  Etc etc on down the line.  Yes, some games are more fun then others.  But constantly roller coaster up and down over every game?  Naw.  That's not me.  I'll sit in here and mix it up with everyone about games/matchups/numbers/expectations just like anyone else, but I never go sky is falling. 
Spurs are an old team.  Celtics are an old team.  But I view the Celtics as a championship team, and not the Spurs.  Why?  Because of what I see, and how I see it.  I look at the core of Pierce/Allen/KG, vs the core of Duncan/Manu/and Tony, then extend to the coaches, and then look to the rest.  Rondo, Sheed, (now Nate also) Baby Davis, Perk, Daniels, I see as guys who can do things, and make things happen come playoff time.  Spurs?  R Jeff/ 
laugh.gif
  Dyess, Blair, Hill, Bonner?  No way.  I fully expect the Celtics to cause a problem way more then I do the Spurs.  And I actually predicted the Spurs to be the 2 seed, but the more I watch, the more I see the old Spurs are gone.  So since December I've been sayin, they aren't gonna make it. 

Now everyone be honest.  How the @#$% can you sit there and say that I wouldn't be more of a hater towards the Celtics, then I would the Spurs?  Not a Laker fan alive that is down with the Celts.  But I haven't written them off, nor will I. 

So whatever, maybe I view things different then others, maybe I'm just an @#$%^&*, I dunno, but I have followed the game long enough to know, the team with the best player, and the best coach usually wins.  9 times outta 10.  Yes, there are always exceptions.  But i trust Phil and Kobe more then I trust Melo and Karl.  Carlisle and Dirk.  Or Sloan and DWill.  So at this point, no, I don't really fear any of them.  That make me a hater?  Ok. 

In fact, to me, the West shakes out a couple ways.  Let's go 1-4 LA, Den, Utah, Dallas.  I think most of us would agree with these 4.  If Den and Dallas get 2-3, guess what?  LA only plays one of them then.  Benefit?  LA, you God damn right it is.  I like Utah.  I respect Utah a lot.  Sloan is a stud of a coach.  But they do not match up with LA AT ALL.  We've pounded them two years running, and they just gave away one of their decent young defenders.  There's no way imo they could beat us.  And since Denver and Dallas would beat each other up, we only deal with one of them.  But if Dallas STAYS at 4.  Now, LA has to go thru BOTH of them.  Dallas and Denver.  Very tough matchups don'tcha think?  Most LA fans would love to get Utah, and then the winner of the 2-3.  Not me.  I WANT Dallas, and then Denver.  Throw on top of them, either SA or Portland in the first round.  Why?  I want to beat the best, NO excuses.  I don't want to slide into a title.   I want it earned.  Few years ago, everyone said Portland was a threat to us.  We swept them.  Sac was a threat to us, we swept them.  SA was a threat to us, we swept them.  That is the biggest @#$% you I have ever seen a team give to anybody.  Threat my @#$ was what they said.  Here's your threat right here.  Well, that's what I want.  Whoever people deem the toughest matchup for us, that's who i want.  I don't care about duckin or dodgin nothin.  And when Denver started pipin off after we beat their @#$ in their gym last year, i remembered it, and remember it well.  So they can do whatever they want regular season.  We'll give them their shot in the playoffs I hope, and when we win again, for the third year in a row, then what will they say?  "we're still the better team, we crushed them in January?" 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Yeah, amazingly, there will be people who say that, I'll laugh in their faces. 

That's how I see things.  *shrugs*

There's your wall of text JA. 
laugh.gif

I see what you're saying, and I'd almost agree with you, you've gone to the Finals two straight years, you have reason to be confident.

But there's two teams specifically who have teams BUILT JUST to contend with the Lakers, the Mavs and the Nuggets. If you want to continue to be confident and say the regular season doesn't matter, that's fine.

Not saying our team was as good, but the same thing happened to the Mavs in the 07 Playoffs. The Warriors KILLED us in the regular season, but NO ONE could touch us. Then come Playoffs, we get whooped. Now, yall haven't been swept by anyone in the regular season, I understand that, I just wouldn't have the confidence that you have.

That's just me. Nothing is given in the NBA. Not your playoff seedings, not playoff series.
King James would like to see you.

Originally Posted by Jonathanchingy

At this rate, it's going to be a Lakers - Cavs Finals, hope they bring out the puppets
roll.gif

Don't forget out Denver, they expose how soft our team really is.

Why would you not want to be bought out from a team you haven't played one second for, and sign with a team going to the playoffs? 

Go back to the Suns.  Go back to the Bobcats if you're comfortable there. 

Why the hell stay with G State? 
smh.gif

Bell is a real loyal dude. If he really enjoyed Charlotte, they wouldnt have traded him in the first place.

He's even considered resigning in GS if im correct.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Why would you not want to be bought out from a team you haven't played one second for, and sign with a team going to the playoffs? 

Go back to the Suns.  Go back to the Bobcats if you're comfortable there. 

Why the hell stay with G State? 
smh.gif

Bell is a real loyal dude. If he really enjoyed Charlotte, they wouldnt have traded him in the first place.

He's even considered resigning in GS if im correct.
Raja has very openly expressed his happiness with building the future of these young players.

Plus he's an old pal of Don Nelson's from the Dallas-days.

Atlanta Hawks owner Michael Gearon Jr. says the team will be "very competitive" in its pursuit of Zydrunas Ilgauskas who was waived Thursday by the Washington Wizards.

Gearon, one of the Atlanta-based members of the Hawks' ownership group, says in an e-mail to The Associated Press the Hawks "are definitely interested" in the 7-foot-3 Ilgauskas.

Ilgauskas, 34, was acquired by the Wizards from Cleveland on Feb. 17 as part of the three-team trade that sent Antawn Jamison to the Cavaliers. He didn't play for Washington but agreed instead to a contract buyout.

He is averaging 7.5 points and 5.3 rebounds this season.

Ilgauskas could rejoin the Cavaliers in 30 days. He is free to sign with another team immediately.

His agent, Herb Rudoy, did not return a phone message.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=atl
Z sure is a popular dude these days.    
laugh.gif

Z ain't going nowhere but Cleveland and everybody knows it.

Gearon probably saying it just so people around here will stop thinking the ownership is cheap.

The organist here in ATL kills me. She knows everything from "Bedrock" to "Bad Romance".
roll.gif

Raja Bell was a totally different player back then in his career too. No flopping, dude was the anti flop. If anything, he was too aggressive, used to always want to fight people (including Artest, and Bobby Jackson who had just returned from having his face broken), didn't yet have the 3 ball. Those were good times in Mavs land. At one point the Mavs had Raja Bell, Adrian Griffin, and Greg Buckner at the same time. Those dudes used to like up marquee swingmen, including Kobe, but only for 3 quarters then Don Nelson would take them out and then the opposing swing would be 8/11 FG in the 4t. Johnny Newman was a lockdown defender late in his career too

Smart play... Woodson shouldn't have been on the court, that's a technical. Kidd made notice of it to the officials & got the call.

We got some good games tonight

Dallas & ATL in OT
NYK & the Wiz in OT
Cleveland & T Dot tied with a couple minutes left.

pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom