Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Don't take this the wrong way.......

Finals in 30 of 61 years or whatever, = a measure of confidence.  Sorry.  But there's just a difference between Lakers and Mavs/Nuggets.  Just is.  I know that sounds bad, but like I said, sorry. 

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

thabeet sent to the D-Leauge

Woooooooooow what a fail that pick is so far.  I shudder of what coulda been with Tyreke, or BJ, or Curry, or whoever. 

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I see what you're saying, and I'd almost agree with you, you've gone to the Finals two straight years, you have reason to be confident.

But there's two teams specifically who have teams BUILT JUST to contend with the Lakers, the Mavs and the Nuggets. If you want to continue to be confident and say the regular season doesn't matter, that's fine.

Not saying our team was as good, but the same thing happened to the Mavs in the 07 Playoffs. The Warriors KILLED us in the regular season, but NO ONE could touch us. Then come Playoffs, we get whooped. Now, yall haven't been swept by anyone in the regular season, I understand that, I just wouldn't have the confidence that you have.

That's just me. Nothing is given in the NBA. Not your playoff seedings, not playoff series.
the reason why yall got killed by the warriors was because don nelson knew everything about your team...so thats a horrible analogy for using the regular season as a confidence booster
laugh.gif

Thabeet to the D-League, and as a Knicks fan I can let out a sigh for drafting and trading away Jordan Hill
laugh.gif

He needs burn, so while it isnt a positive relfection on a #2 pick, sitting on the bench aint doing him any favors

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

He needs burn, so while it isnt a positive relfection on a #2 pick, sitting on the bench aint doing him any favors

im saying

i said it before the draft, he will be a good NBA player down the line but if you think he is going to put up numbers to start off his NBA career your setting him and your team up to fail

evans and OJ would of been a train wreck waiting to happen

Very solid post CP. I know I would never get that from you, cause most of my posts I talk reckless on purpose, but I got to give it to you, because I feel the same way. Elite teams need to show they're elite and you do that by beating teams that are considered as great as you are

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I can't believe that the league is making Caron Butler not chew straws.

On what grounds? That's ridiculous. I was just reading in this month's Maxim and he was asked what would happen if he didn't have straws and he said that he would go crazy.
laugh.gif

Why? 
ohwell.gif

It sounds as though contending teams that expected to have a shot at signing defensive ace Raja Bell for the stretch run are going to be disappointed.

Reason being: Bell is not seeking a buyout from the Golden State Warriors.

The 33-year-old had wrist surgery in early December but is on course to make his comeback next month. After the trading deadline passed without the Warriors plugging his $5.3 million expiring contract into a deal, Bell would have been a natural free-agent target for playoff teams, such as Denver and San Antonio, seeking an extra wing defender to throw at Kobe Bryant.

Bell, though, told ESPN.com that he is not pursuing a buyout, which would have to be completed before March 1 for Bell to be eligible for the playoffs with a new team.

"I'm fully prepared to play here," Bell said last Friday.

Hearing that will undoubtedly please the Warriors, who want Bell to finish the season with them and still hold out hope that they can convince him to re-sign in Golden State this summer, since this is a young team clearly in need of example-setting vets who know how to win.

Can't say I'd give the Warriors great odds of pulling off a re-signing -- since it's hard to picture the ultra-competitive Bell being able to stomach a non-playoff situation for long -- but Bell did return to Oakland last week to start preparing for his return to the floor after spending the past two months after surgery at home in Miami.

Why would you not want to be bought out from a team you haven't played one second for, and sign with a team going to the playoffs? 

Go back to the Suns.  Go back to the Bobcats if you're comfortable there. 

Why the hell stay with G State? 
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom