Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

So Boston and Cleveland are LA's Super Bowl?
nerd.gif
Sure, why not? 

Keep watching, Denver bout to have their Super bowl on Sunday too, should we start the CP hates Denver stuff now, or wait til Monday morning?  I'm fine either way. 

Bro, you know damn well you just HATE... Ain't nothin in particular... You just HATE. It's what you do. It's OK.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

nerd.gif
Sure, why not? 

Keep watching, Denver bout to have their Super bowl on Sunday too, should we start the CP hates Denver stuff now, or wait til Monday morning?  I'm fine either way. 
I honestly think it's the other way around, maybe not for you, but for the rest of the Lakers fans.

I still hold up my stance that the Nuggets can very well get past the Lakers in the post-season.

Thas the point, I don't hate.  I could care less.  Flippant, maybe, hate, not at all.  Why you think I'm arguin this for?  Why do I hate the Mavs?  Honestly?  Be real everyone, what on God's green earth do I have to hate about the Mavs? 

Kings fans were the same way.  So were Suns fans.  Blazer fans, Cavs fans, etc etc on down the line.  What reason does anyone hate these teams for? 

Here's a simple, real easy list of things I hate NBA. 
Blazers anything.  Fans, media, state, city, ownership, newspaper, all of it.
Nash hype (notice how I don't say Nash himself)
Cavs fans that are blind ( I don't think I need to explain)
Um, and that's it.  That's all I can think of.  That's literally it.  But if I listen to you guys, I'd put out one of them JA type posts with graphs and pie charts, and a whole lotta text.  But there's my list, the real list.  Those are the only things I hate in the NBA.  Sorry that disapoints anybody. 

But if I listen to you guys, I'd put out one of them JA type posts with graphs and pie charts, and a whole lotta text.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT?!

smh.gif

I really think yall throwing it out of proportion.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

nerd.gif
Sure, why not? 

I honestly think it's the other way around, maybe not for you, but for the rest of the Lakers fans.
If that's true, and maybe it is, maybe it isn't, I dunno, then those Laker fans are weird to me. 

If they are sittin back worried about a game in February, then i don't why they even watch the NBA.  Honest. 

By no means, do not get me wrong.  I wanted at the beginning of the year to go 82-0, and then 16-0.  Period, end of all discussion.  But of course, none of that is realistic, and for that, I don't worry.  Laker fans were bailin water in the damn second round last year, then were jumpin up and down with us in June. 
sick.gif
  That ain't me.  Never has been, never will be. 

nerd.gif
Sure, why not? 

If that's true, and maybe it is, maybe it isn't, I dunno, then those Laker fans are weird to me. 

If they are sittin back worried about a game in February, then i don't why they even watch the NBA.  Honest. 

By no means, do not get me wrong.  I wanted at the beginning of the year to go 82-0, and then 16-0.  Period, end of all discussion.  But of course, none of that is realistic, and for that, I don't worry.  Laker fans were bailin water in the damn second round last year, then were jumpin up and down with us in June. 
sick.gif
  That ain't me.  Never has been, never will be. 
The way that Denver played you last year doesn't have you look forward to theses games at all? Not the slightest bit above a normal Joe Schmoe Charlotte or Indiana or Oklahoma City?

If I were a Lakers fan, I'd be sweating bullets about playing the Nuggets. Is it the most important game of the year? No of course not, but you don't want to lose to a team you could potentially have to beat to reach the Finals. I would think it's a big game for both teams.

Nuggets talkin' a lot of trash saying they can beat the Lakers, they feel they are better, etc. Yeah a lot of teams do that, but the thing is I think it's justified. There's still no team that has match-ups as well as the Nuggets do. They got incredible length in their front-court, they got a dude in Arron who is becoming a premier-defender against some of the best players in the L. You have the best floor general in the L right now in Chauncey Billups. One of the streakiest players in the L in JR but if he's on, there's not a better shooter on the floor. Then you got guys like Birdman and Ty coming off the bench?

That's a very serious line-up, and if I were yall, I'd view the game as a Cleveland, or Boston match-up.

You gotta get through the West before you think about taking down the East.

Originally Posted by Dwilliams 8

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

So Big Z cannot got back to Cleveland, correct?

No he can he just has to wait the days to resign with them.
stern might tell him he can't go to CLE

that's what's being reported at least. I dunno what will happen

*yawn*

The Nuggets ran their mouths all thru last year's series too.  How it end up for them?  So, yeah. 

No.  It's a meaningless, regular season game.  Is it better/bigger then Minnesota?  Of course.  Is it a measuring stick, does it matter?  No. 

LA can win where they want, when they want.  They won in Utah, Houston, Denver and Orlando last year.  The year before it was Utan, Denver, and San Antonio.  The fact they couldn't win in Boston is why they lost.  That's 8 series, with road wins in 7 of them.  And multiple road wins at that.  They won TWICE in Denver.  TWICE in Orlando. 

I'm sorry that I don't measure regular season games like everyone else.  That makes me a bad guy, ok.  Sorry, I suck.  I'll live.  If we go thru the playoffs again, ya'll won't say @#$% and will just move onto the next topic just the same as the past two years.  But I'll be the hater. 
laugh.gif

never mind about Z

Source: NBA Won't Block Z's Return To Cavs

Brian Mahoney The Associated Press

6:26 PM EST, February 22, 2010
Source: NBA Won't Block Z's Return To Cavs
NEW YORK (AP) -- An official within the league tells The Associated Press the NBA has not threatened to stop a potential reunion between the Cleveland Cavaliers and Zydrunas Ilgauskas.

The Cavaliers traded their longtime center to Washington last week in the three-team deal that brought Antawn Jamison to Cleveland. The Wizards may decide to buy out Ilgauskas, allowing him to become a free agent.

The Los Angeles Times quoted an unnamed source Sunday saying the NBA had told other teams it wouldn't let Ilgauskas go back to the Cavs. However, the official told the AP the league would only step in if there was proof of an agreement before the trade was completed.

The person was granted anonymity because he was not authorized to comment publicly about the Ilgauskas

Source: NBA Won't Block Z's Return To Cavs - WJW

What a joke of a franchise.
laugh.gif

[h1]Cavs To Set World Record For Sissiest World Record[/h1]
500x_4385150313_be0f774c8a.jpg

There are a handful of down-on-their-luck teams chomping at the bit to sign LeBron James. He'd be the only attraction they'd need to sell tickets. Meanwhile, Cleveland is attempting to break the Guinness World Record for most Snuggies.

You know the Snuggie, right? It's a blanket with sleeves, so you can relax in ease and comfort while you watch the last remaining shreds of your masculinity slip away.

The official record being set is "largest gathering of people wearing fleece blankets." So they don't have to be Snuggies, but the Cavs want to humiliate you anyway.
An anticipated sellout crowd of 20,562 fans will receive a complimentary limited edition Cleveland Cavaliers Snuggie[emoji]8482[/emoji] blanket courtesy of KeyBank that will be conveniently draped over every seat in the arena. Fans will be asked to wear their Snuggie[emoji]8482[/emoji] blanket for the first five minutes of the game. In attendance will be Guinness World Records[emoji]174[/emoji] Adjudicator Danny Girton who will then officially certify the new record. Once the record is achieved, every fan will receive a commemorative magnet certificate that will acknowledge they are a Guinness World Record holder.

And besides, the record's a crock. They want the largest gathering of people wearing fleece blankets? They should visit my Bubbe's community in Boca.
Guinness World Records Comes to Cleveland for Cavaliers Snuggie Night presented by KeyBank [NBA]

So it's you don't put much of an emphasis on regular season games?

Or is it you think the West will just be a cake-walk, and your only concern are CLE and BOS?

Originally Posted by JD617

What a joke of a franchise.
laugh.gif

[h1]Cavs To Set World Record For Sissiest World Record[/h1]
500x_4385150313_be0f774c8a.jpg

There are a handful of down-on-their-luck teams chomping at the bit to sign LeBron James. He'd be the only attraction they'd need to sell tickets. Meanwhile, Cleveland is attempting to break the Guinness World Record for most Snuggies.

You know the Snuggie, right? It's a blanket with sleeves, so you can relax in ease and comfort while you watch the last remaining shreds of your masculinity slip away.

The official record being set is "largest gathering of people wearing fleece blankets." So they don't have to be Snuggies, but the Cavs want to humiliate you anyway.
An anticipated sellout crowd of 20,562 fans will receive a complimentary limited edition Cleveland Cavaliers Snuggie[emoji]8482[/emoji] blanket courtesy of KeyBank that will be conveniently draped over every seat in the arena. Fans will be asked to wear their Snuggie[emoji]8482[/emoji] blanket for the first five minutes of the game. In attendance will be Guinness World Records[emoji]174[/emoji] Adjudicator Danny Girton who will then officially certify the new record. Once the record is achieved, every fan will receive a commemorative magnet certificate that will acknowledge they are a Guinness World Record holder.

And besides, the record's a crock. They want the largest gathering of people wearing fleece blankets? They should visit my Bubbe's community in Boca.
Guinness World Records Comes to Cleveland for Cavaliers Snuggie Night presented by KeyBank [NBA]

wow.
laugh.gif

forget NY or NJ...Lebron stays in cleveland home of guinness record of the most snuggies

roll.gif

just one of the many reasons the cavs franchise is a joke

always playing around and on some silly $$++.

Or is it you think the West will just be a cake-walk, and your only concern are CLE and BOS?
IMO, the regular season is nothing.  Might seem arrogant or whatever you want to call it, but how can people expect guys to go crazy for 9 damn months a season? 

I'm sorry, but I don't see D Fish, Kobe, Phil, and the rest play for it all in June, and then come back in Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, and March and act like it matters. 

So to me, the way I view the season, it's all just practice.  Surely, surely there are bigger games, fun games, interesting matchup games.  Den/Clev last week was NICE.  Kobe and Bron.  Durant vs Melo.  Shaq vs Arenas if they would ever step on the court together.  CP3 vs DWill.  Etc etc on down the line.  Yes, some games are more fun then others.  But constantly roller coaster up and down over every game?  Naw.  That's not me.  I'll sit in here and mix it up with everyone about games/matchups/numbers/expectations just like anyone else, but I never go sky is falling. 
Spurs are an old team.  Celtics are an old team.  But I view the Celtics as a championship team, and not the Spurs.  Why?  Because of what I see, and how I see it.  I look at the core of Pierce/Allen/KG, vs the core of Duncan/Manu/and Tony, then extend to the coaches, and then look to the rest.  Rondo, Sheed, (now Nate also) Baby Davis, Perk, Daniels, I see as guys who can do things, and make things happen come playoff time.  Spurs?  R Jeff/ 
laugh.gif
  Dyess, Blair, Hill, Bonner?  No way.  I fully expect the Celtics to cause a problem way more then I do the Spurs.  And I actually predicted the Spurs to be the 2 seed, but the more I watch, the more I see the old Spurs are gone.  So since December I've been sayin, they aren't gonna make it. 

Now everyone be honest.  How the @#$% can you sit there and say that I wouldn't be more of a hater towards the Celtics, then I would the Spurs?  Not a Laker fan alive that is down with the Celts.  But I haven't written them off, nor will I. 

So whatever, maybe I view things different then others, maybe I'm just an @#$%^&*, I dunno, but I have followed the game long enough to know, the team with the best player, and the best coach usually wins.  9 times outta 10.  Yes, there are always exceptions.  But i trust Phil and Kobe more then I trust Melo and Karl.  Carlisle and Dirk.  Or Sloan and DWill.  So at this point, no, I don't really fear any of them.  That make me a hater?  Ok. 

In fact, to me, the West shakes out a couple ways.  Let's go 1-4 LA, Den, Utah, Dallas.  I think most of us would agree with these 4.  If Den and Dallas get 2-3, guess what?  LA only plays one of them then.  Benefit?  LA, you God damn right it is.  I like Utah.  I respect Utah a lot.  Sloan is a stud of a coach.  But they do not match up with LA AT ALL.  We've pounded them two years running, and they just gave away one of their decent young defenders.  There's no way imo they could beat us.  And since Denver and Dallas would beat each other up, we only deal with one of them.  But if Dallas STAYS at 4.  Now, LA has to go thru BOTH of them.  Dallas and Denver.  Very tough matchups don'tcha think?  Most LA fans would love to get Utah, and then the winner of the 2-3.  Not me.  I WANT Dallas, and then Denver.  Throw on top of them, either SA or Portland in the first round.  Why?  I want to beat the best, NO excuses.  I don't want to slide into a title.   I want it earned.  Few years ago, everyone said Portland was a threat to us.  We swept them.  Sac was a threat to us, we swept them.  SA was a threat to us, we swept them.  That is the biggest @#$% you I have ever seen a team give to anybody.  Threat my @#$ was what they said.  Here's your threat right here.  Well, that's what I want.  Whoever people deem the toughest matchup for us, that's who i want.  I don't care about duckin or dodgin nothin.  And when Denver started pipin off after we beat their @#$ in their gym last year, i remembered it, and remember it well.  So they can do whatever they want regular season.  We'll give them their shot in the playoffs I hope, and when we win again, for the third year in a row, then what will they say?  "we're still the better team, we crushed them in January?" 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Yeah, amazingly, there will be people who say that, I'll laugh in their faces. 

That's how I see things.  *shrugs*

There's your wall of text JA. 
laugh.gif

houston will proably have the best record of teams not to make the playoffs

that means ZERO shot at moving up

See, the bad thing is I agree ENTIRELY with CP... But that whole line of thinking doesn't just apply to the Lakers...

You really don't think the Mavericks, of all teams, realize that beating the Lakers at home in February doesn't mean anything? But you're right, that's their Super Bowl...

IMO, the regular season is nothing.  Might seem arrogant or whatever you want to call it, but how can people expect guys to go crazy for 9 damn months a season? 

I'm sorry, but I don't see D Fish, Kobe, Phil, and the rest play for it all in June, and then come back in Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb, and March and act like it matters. 

So to me, the way I view the season, it's all just practice.  Surely, surely there are bigger games, fun games, interesting matchup games.  Den/Clev last week was NICE.  Kobe and Bron.  Durant vs Melo.  Shaq vs Arenas if they would ever step on the court together.  CP3 vs DWill.  Etc etc on down the line.  Yes, some games are more fun then others.  But constantly roller coaster up and down over every game?  Naw.  That's not me.  I'll sit in here and mix it up with everyone about games/matchups/numbers/expectations just like anyone else, but I never go sky is falling. 
Spurs are an old team.  Celtics are an old team.  But I view the Celtics as a championship team, and not the Spurs.  Why?  Because of what I see, and how I see it.  I look at the core of Pierce/Allen/KG, vs the core of Duncan/Manu/and Tony, then extend to the coaches, and then look to the rest.  Rondo, Sheed, (now Nate also) Baby Davis, Perk, Daniels, I see as guys who can do things, and make things happen come playoff time.  Spurs?  R Jeff/ 
laugh.gif
  Dyess, Blair, Hill, Bonner?  No way.  I fully expect the Celtics to cause a problem way more then I do the Spurs.  And I actually predicted the Spurs to be the 2 seed, but the more I watch, the more I see the old Spurs are gone.  So since December I've been sayin, they aren't gonna make it. 

Now everyone be honest.  How the @#$% can you sit there and say that I wouldn't be more of a hater towards the Celtics, then I would the Spurs?  Not a Laker fan alive that is down with the Celts.  But I haven't written them off, nor will I. 

So whatever, maybe I view things different then others, maybe I'm just an @#$%^&*, I dunno, but I have followed the game long enough to know, the team with the best player, and the best coach usually wins.  9 times outta 10.  Yes, there are always exceptions.  But i trust Phil and Kobe more then I trust Melo and Karl.  Carlisle and Dirk.  Or Sloan and DWill.  So at this point, no, I don't really fear any of them.  That make me a hater?  Ok. 

In fact, to me, the West shakes out a couple ways.  Let's go 1-4 LA, Den, Utah, Dallas.  I think most of us would agree with these 4.  If Den and Dallas get 2-3, guess what?  LA only plays one of them then.  Benefit?  LA, you God damn right it is.  I like Utah.  I respect Utah a lot.  Sloan is a stud of a coach.  But they do not match up with LA AT ALL.  We've pounded them two years running, and they just gave away one of their decent young defenders.  There's no way imo they could beat us.  And since Denver and Dallas would beat each other up, we only deal with one of them.  But if Dallas STAYS at 4.  Now, LA has to go thru BOTH of them.  Dallas and Denver.  Very tough matchups don'tcha think?  Most LA fans would love to get Utah, and then the winner of the 2-3.  Not me.  I WANT Dallas, and then Denver.  Throw on top of them, either SA or Portland in the first round.  Why?  I want to beat the best, NO excuses.  I don't want to slide into a title.   I want it earned.  Few years ago, everyone said Portland was a threat to us.  We swept them.  Sac was a threat to us, we swept them.  SA was a threat to us, we swept them.  That is the biggest @#$% you I have ever seen a team give to anybody.  Threat my @#$ was what they said.  Here's your threat right here.  Well, that's what I want.  Whoever people deem the toughest matchup for us, that's who i want.  I don't care about duckin or dodgin nothin.  And when Denver started pipin off after we beat their @#$ in their gym last year, i remembered it, and remember it well.  So they can do whatever they want regular season.  We'll give them their shot in the playoffs I hope, and when we win again, for the third year in a row, then what will they say?  "we're still the better team, we crushed them in January?" 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Yeah, amazingly, there will be people who say that, I'll laugh in their faces. 

That's how I see things.  *shrugs*

There's your wall of text JA. 
laugh.gif

I see what you're saying, and I'd almost agree with you, you've gone to the Finals two straight years, you have reason to be confident.

But there's two teams specifically who have teams BUILT JUST to contend with the Lakers, the Mavs and the Nuggets. If you want to continue to be confident and say the regular season doesn't matter, that's fine.

Not saying our team was as good, but the same thing happened to the Mavs in the 07 Playoffs. The Warriors KILLED us in the regular season, but NO ONE could touch us. Then come Playoffs, we get whooped. Now, yall haven't been swept by anyone in the regular season, I understand that, I just wouldn't have the confidence that you have.

That's just me. Nothing is given in the NBA. Not your playoff seedings, not playoff series.

Back
Top Bottom