Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

if the new CBA comes out and it lowers the max deals then you got to think NO can keep CP3

if the new CBA comes out and max deals are still that 6 years 120 or whatever it is now then you got to think CP3 will get traded

you can get a package of young players and draft picks for CP3, more then you would for DC

I really don't think they trade CP unless he demands out or forces their hands... They can't afford to... New Orleans isn't exactly a hoops hotbed to begin with. Why alienate those fans any further by trading Chris freaking Paul? If he demands out, at least you can put it on him... If you trade him and say "Well, we've got Darren Collison", how you think that's gonna go over at the box office for a team that's already in financial hell?

The real question is, if you trade Darren Collison, what can you get back for him? Can you package him with the Peja and MoPete contracts in the offseason or at the deadline to steal a guy? Can you find a deal that's both a talent upgrade AND financially beneficial like the Mavs got for Caron and Haywood?

It's still unbelievable to me that they married themselves to Emeka Okafor...
sick.gif

Bulls were up by 23 in the first quarter and now are only up by 3 just before halftime. They blow leads like no other

This team pisses me off
mad.gif

Maybe I'm smoking crack, but as I think about the 2010 offseason, I keep going back to the 2000 offseason. Crazy hype and hoopla. Three prized free agents (LeBron, Wade, Bosh), and three prized free agents then (Duncan, Hill, McGrady). Teams preparing to woo each one and here's what happened:

- Duncan: Re-signs with San Antonio. Goes on to lead Spurs to championship rings. Gains two MVP awards.
- Hill: Signs with Orlando, teams with McGrady. Re-aggravates old injuries and suffers new injuries. Never lives up to potential or prior success as a player and nagging injuries take over career. Orlando is good, but not the team expected.
- McGrady: Signs with Orlando, teams with Hill. Arguably the best player in the NBA at the time, but never can get past the first round. Never gains an MVP award. Injuries eventually kick in and derail career.

I feel like the same could happen to any of these three guys in the future if they leave their current team. Am I jinxing or are you guys with me?

laugh.gif
 @ Dirk saying "jigga man" in his postgame interview.

Nice win for the Mavericks.

I wish the playoffs started tommorrow, I'm sick of the regular season.

Kevin Love - 19 and 12 off the bench tonight vs. Atlanta
9fe161108059eb46bb468c17a5afaadf98c8918e.gif

Closed circuit to youngcheezy:
Goran Dragic was -13 tonight
laugh.gif

looking at the playoff match ups for right now

- the west playoffs are set team wise, now they just fighting for seeds

-could have a bron VS wade 1st round. wade woud get them one and him and bron would go at it but thats about it

-bobcats VS Cavs would be better, half of NT would hope for Mavs VS golden state style match up
laugh.gif

-bulls better stay get the 5th seed or stay at 6. i dont mind facing boston or ATL in the 1st round. i want no parts of the magic

-the only team in the 1st round the spurs could upset would be the jazz.

I've just been informed that I hate the Mavericks. 

Didn't know I hate the Mavericks, but apparently I do. 

I should write myself a little note or something so i don't forget next time. 

laugh.gif

The "This was their Super Bowl" comment wasn't a little jab?

Why was it their Super Bowl last night? Because they played harder than the Lakers? The same Lakers that damn near all of yall were griping about because they looked like they didn't care and had no since of urgency last night?

If you guys need me to explain that damn near every team in the NBA "gets up" to play the Lakers and go all crazy and pound their chest, then i dunno what to tell ya. 

It's really not hard to understand.  We get up for Boston.  We get up for Cleveland now.  We used to get up for the Suns.  Back in the day it was the Kings. 

It is what it is. 

I didn't jab @#$%.  I've used that super bowl line 100 times the last like 5 years.  I use it all the time, it's a nothing comment.  But Dallas fans come out the wood work mad at me about it.  But ok, whatever.  Nevermind that I like Dirk.  I like Jet.  I like Kidd.  I like Caron.  I even like that little Barrea kid.  But yeah, I hate the Mavs.  Sure, that's it.  Cuz i didn't come in all gushy about them and slurp them off and go crazy for them beating the Lakers. 
laugh.gif
  Shame on me.  I must really truly DESPISE the Bobcats, they beat us all the time. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

grumpy old man VS the blind Texas homer
eek.gif

*gets bowl of trixs and sits back*

laugh.gif
There's a joke here somewhere... Something about Trix are for kids, reading and writing at a 3rd grade level... I dunno, I'll let it slide.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom