Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Jeff Green on the Hornets would be
pimp.gif
.......he would def shine w/ CP3 dishing him the rock

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Why are people enamored with Jeff Green, he's not really anything, he can't rebound, is a bad passer, isn't a particularly effective post player, doesn't play defense, and is a streaky and below average 3 point shooter.
ohwell.gif

What is good about him? He chucks three pointers and doesn't make them, and is easily the weakest of the big three (Durant>Westbrook>Harden>>Green).

Why would anybody trade for Jeff Green, he doesn't even have a position.

Watch OKC bamboozle somebody for him in a trade, they must know he is completely expendable.

wait what?

have you even seen green play? or u just going by stats?

OKB, he's always been a divisive player and he has not played all that well this year, so i see where youre coming from, but a few things..

- he hit upwards of 40% from 3 all year last year...he's not that good of a shooter but he's somewhere in between this year and last.

- he can defend and rebound, at the 3..he was locking people up there at the 3 early on until the move to the 4. Is he a below average defender/rebounder atthe 4? yeah.

- that was done to appease KD and rightfully so, he's the star. on offense it's kinda made Jeff suffer as well...he's stuck around the 3 point linetoo much.

He's a hybrid 3/4 shaded towards the 3, they have him at the 4. His versatility should be an asset instead he's relagated to one role. Not OKC'sfault, not his fault...it's just ended up being a tough fit.

he'll never have one attribute or skill jump out, never has, never will.

As far as passing...'bad'...crazy talk..

his passing and ability to be a facilitator was his unquestioned strength coming into the NBA. you dont operate the most efficient offense in Big East historythat's predicated on ball movement and cutting out of the high post without being above average in that department. He's not in a position to show itnow, but i hardly think it just went away now.

saw stuff like that more times than i can remember

I always worry about players without any great definable skill. I understand it passing was a strength coming out of college but it hasn't translated tothe NBA or to the 4 position. I watch the OKC quite a bit and right now he's a dude who takes bad shots and clanks a lot of threes. He isn't shootingwell now I'm not sure how shifting to the permiter as a 3 will help him.

Jeff Green is clearly not a 40% 3 point shooter, that much we know and I doubt he does it again unless he severely decreases his attempts.

He's probably low 30%'s..when all is said and done.

just being a 3 more of the time would help more parts of his game IMO.

The Admiral with a real back to the basket game? Nah, he relied more on his quickness and that sweet jumper of his. Sure, he banged in the post, but that wasclearly not his strength in the offensive end. His defense was super though. No need to discuss about that. I guess folks are really trying to say having twobig men only works when one is used for offense (mainly) and one for defense (mainly) and not two big men that just have offense and average defense. Ofcourse, Duncan and Robinson had both offense and defense.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]James mechanically drained his three pointers and then paused briefly as a ballboy went to retrieve a rare miss. Sensing an opportunity, one of the group reached out to James and patted him on the butt, not unlike teammates do countless times during every NBA game. Perhaps with a little more cupping action than usual but, nevertheless, an innocent gesture. The move bordered on the bizarre because it was clear the two had no prior relationship. James wheeled, removing both his headphones instantly, clearly flummoxed that a stranger had grasped his buttocks. Upon seeing the culprit, who eyed the player with what can only be described as awe, James looked incredulous and indignant. With no other recourse available, James stopped his shooting routine, striding defiantly towards a group of his teammates that were standing near half court. A string of profanities flew from his mouth as he relayed what had just happened to his teammates, who hadn't seen it. To a man, they were equally shocked to hear of the occurrence. Blazers Edge[/font]
http://
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Im Not You wrote:
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]James mechanically drained his three pointers and then paused briefly as a ballboy went to retrieve a rare miss. Sensing an opportunity, one of the group reached out to James and patted him on the butt, not unlike teammates do countless times during every NBA game. Perhaps with a little more cupping action than usual but, nevertheless, an innocent gesture. The move bordered on the bizarre because it was clear the two had no prior relationship. James wheeled, removing both his headphones instantly, clearly flummoxed that a stranger had grasped his buttocks. Upon seeing the culprit, who eyed the player with what can only be described as awe, James looked incredulous and indignant. With no other recourse available, James stopped his shooting routine, striding defiantly towards a group of his teammates that were standing near half court. A string of profanities flew from his mouth as he relayed what had just happened to his teammates, who hadn't seen it. To a man, they were equally shocked to hear of the occurrence. Blazers Edge[/font]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

When did OC get a job as Blazers ballboy?

Brandon Jennings goin in on that bum @$@ Farmar
roll.gif
smokin.gif

Farmer was like you better get off or else. I was like are u serious??? Dude is a groupie though lololol about 10 hours ago from mobile web
http://m.twitter.com/
it's crazy when dudes get a ring, they so hard. (really the face) about 8 hours ago from mobile web@
http://twitter.com/LustIVLife
@ LustIVLife he told the ref, you better get him off me or ill do it. so i'm like what!!! and he got mad cause i called him a groupie, lol about 7 hours ago from web in reply to LustIVLife
http://twitter.com/LustIVLife/status/7622916244 http://twitter.com/LustIVLife
@ LustIVLife But I mean, he started talking, i'm like chill yo. you having the game of your life. like calm down. And that was it about 7 hours ago from web in reply to LustIVLife
http://twitter.com/LustIVLife/status/7622916244
son called bigmike's boy a groupie though
laugh.gif

this basically happened when Farmar was jawing off in the 4th.

*not sure if i did that twitter thing right.

whatever happened to the BJ thread?

34% from the floor from thanksgiving must bewhy it's disappeared
alien.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
alien.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

whatever happened to the BJ thread?

34% from the floor from thanksgiving must be why it's disappeared
alien.gif
roll.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
alien.gif

I think finding out it wasn't really him had more to do with it though. Come on now.
eyes.gif

I'm suprised you haven't brought up Jennings' struggles earlier Allen.
laugh.gif

He has definitely hit the rookie wall these last few weeks.

Originally Posted by toine2983

I'm suprised you haven't brought up Jennings' struggles earlier Allen.
laugh.gif

unlike most on here I can show some patience with rookies.

But if after 2 weeks, we were gona make apology threads, call me out, anoint him AI 2.0 and call him better than Derrick Rose and the best rookie in years..

I figured a 23 (67% of the year to date) game stretch of stinking it up deserved a little note.

BJ can shoot whatever he wants and the knicks still look dumb for passing up on him

bron is a IDIOT, he says he wore miss match shoes last night to honor the old school cav players............ ya because they love to rock miss match shoes backin the day
grin.gif

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

bron is a IDIOT, he says he wore miss match shoes last night to honor the old school cav players............ ya because they love to rock miss match shoes back in the day
grin.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

bron is a IDIOT, he says he wore miss match shoes last night to honor the old school cav players............ ya because they love to rock miss match shoes back in the day
grin.gif
laugh.gif
The shoes matched his old school jersey at the end of the day. He tried too hard though. This is NT though... SMH.

Maloofs probably threw a couple nights at The Palms to NO for Hilton. He ain't worth much more than that...

Back
Top Bottom