Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

It's not going to go down, it was just a rumor that some dope thought they should do.

Here's what BC had to say..

Asked by e-mail about all of the above and whether the Raptors and Lakers have discussed a Bosh-Bynum proposal, team president Bryan Colangelo, who surely is being contacted on a daily basis regarding the availability of his franchise player - especially when the team was 11-17 - he replied in kind: "For the record, I am not actively seeking a deal or discussing Bosh with any team, much less the Lakers. "I haven't traded him yet and our position has been the same. We will not make a deal just to make a deal. Our intention is to keep him here long term

And that's all that's need to be said.

Peter Vecey
smh.gif

Bird probably didn't want to give up on Granger because he's gonna flip Troy Murphy for JJ Hickson and change.

JJ ain't no Al Jefferson, but keeping Granger and (maybe) adding Hickson while keeping Hibbert is better than Jefferson teaming up with Hibbert with noformidable backcourt whatsoever.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

It was a rumor from Peter Vecsey
laugh.gif

ok good, no shot of it going down. if it did i wouldn't even watch the NBA this season

and JA

Duncan and robinson work because TD was all offense and robinson did the D work. plus both had a little jump shot

2 big men down low that can only score hasn't work in the NBA since Sampson and Dream

If Indiana could ever hire a new coach and land a PG they would be set up nicely.

Granger, Hibbert, Hansbrough, Rush, Jones to go along with Murphy, Dunleavy, Ford, Foster expiring in 2011.

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

laugh.gif

ok good, no shot of it going down. if it did i wouldn't even watch the NBA this season

and JA

Duncan and robinson work because TD was all offense and robinson did the D work. plus both had a little jump shot

2 big men down low that can only score hasn't work in the NBA since Sampson and Dream
I hope you're just mis-stating that because Duncan has NEVER been "just offense."

Duncan has for his entire career been an excellent defender.

And it's not like David was bad on offense either.

roy's can step out a little now and he's always been able to pass.

Roy and AL are both offensive minded guys but it wouldn't be a failure like ZBo and Curry were.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

roy's can step out a little now and he's always been able to pass.

Roy and AL are both offensive minded guys but it wouldn't be a failure like ZBo and Curry were.
Powerhouse bigmen only work if they work their tails off on defense.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

laugh.gif

and JA

I hope you're just mis-stating that because Duncan has NEVER been "just offense."

Duncan has for his entire career been an excellent defender.

And it's not like David was bad on offense either.

you get the point and what i was trying to say so why did you even bold that part?

out of the 2 big men TD was the offense player

I know Minnesota would never deal Al Jefferson to a team within their conference, let alone their division, but wouldn't something based around Serge Ibakaand Jeff Green make sense?

That sounds good to me, makes sense for both teams, Serge is SO damn athletic, big, it's scary if he develops.

And LeBron going after Kobe's record.
sick.gif

Brewer and Green could do VERY well if they had a PG to feed them, but unless Rubio comes around, I don't see it happening with Sessions/Flynn.

since Jonny doesn't exactly look like a pure distributor, having a guy like Jeff Green to go with Kevin Love would be beneficial.

he doesn't need a PG to feed him, he can facilitate himself...OKC just doesn't present that opportunity.

Same with Love on the block.

I like the idea.

Ibaka, Love, Green and Flynn (with possibly Rubio in 2 years
laugh.gif
) would be a nice core.

Get someone like Evan Turner or Xavier Henry at SG in the draft and they be set.

i been thinking the only way OKC gets a bigmen is from taken one with a horrible contract and hope it works. Jefferson and brand come to mind

If Indiana could ever hire a new coach and land a PG they would be set up nicely.

Granger, Hibbert, Hansbrough, Rush, Jones to go along with Murphy, Dunleavy, Ford, Foster expiring in 2011.

this is what i want as a pacers fan except i think o'brien and larry both need to go

since Jonny doesn't exactly look like a pure distributor, having a guy like Jeff Green to go with Kevin Love would be beneficial.

he doesn't need a PG to feed him, he can facilitate himself...OKC just doesn't present that opportunity.

I like the idea.
I think Jeff would excel with a PG like Nash and Chris Paul into basically Shawn Marion 2.0.

Jeff's game has no real weakness at this point, but right now he doesn't really get to use his athleticism much. Imagine him on a team where they runup and down the court all game long. He WOULD do fine without a really good PG, but I think he could be all-star material if he had a PG who could feed him.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I like the idea.
I think Jeff would excel with a PG like Nash and Chris Paul into basically Shawn Marion 2.0.

Jeff's game has no real weakness at this point, but right now he doesn't really get to use his athleticism much. Imagine him on a team where they run up and down the court all game long. He WOULD do fine without a really good PG, but I think he could be all-star material if he had a PG who could feed him.
Exactly, if he could get on a team with a guys like those. We would see a different player.

He is soooo athletic getting him on a running team would make him an all-star.

And finally Rasheed came out and played a little. He still needs to get on the block since we don't have a Garnett back.

Rondo too
pimp.gif

Why are people enamored with Jeff Green, he's not really anything, he can't rebound, is a bad passer, isn't a particularly effective post player,doesn't play defense, and is a streaky and below average 3 point shooter.
ohwell.gif

What is good about him? He chucks three pointers and doesn't make them, and is easily the weakest of the big three(Durant>Westbrook>Harden>>Green).

Why would anybody trade for Jeff Green, he doesn't even have a position.

Watch OKC bamboozle somebody for him in a trade, they must know he is completely expendable.

Back
Top Bottom