Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Yeah, watching it the first time I thought the shot went in.
laugh.gif

Minnesota Timberwolves general manager David Kahn recently offered forward Al Jefferson(notes) to the Indiana Pacers for forward Danny Granger(notes), but was immediately rebuffed, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

While Pacers president Larry Bird remains determined to build around Granger, sources say Kahn has become increasingly dubious on making Jefferson a cornerstone for the Timberwolves.

So far, Kahn has tried to undo almost everything from the Kevin McHale regime, and trading Jefferson would be another significant step in that direction.

More From Adrian Wojnarowski

After rehabbing from a knee injury he suffered in February, Jefferson is still trying to work himself back to the elite form he showed last season when he had averaged 23.1 points and 11 rebounds. This season, he's averaging 17.7 points and 9.1 rebounds.

Jefferson, 25, has three years and $42 million left on his contract after this season. Any proposed deal would've needed another player or two involved to make the salaries match, but the Pacers had no interest in such a discussion, sources said.

Minnesota also has chemistry issues between Jefferson and forward Kevin Love(notes). "There's some jealous stuff that's playing out," one league source said.

The Pacers, who are tied for the second-worst record in the Eastern Conference, could be dealers before the trade deadline, but league executives believe Indiana has all but ruled out any moves that would include Granger or center Roy Hibbert(notes). After missing a month with a foot injury, Granger returned to the Pacers' lineup on Friday. He has become one of the league's best young scorers, averaging 24 points a game.

The Cleveland Cavaliers would like to acquire a power forward who can shoot, and the Pacers' Troy Murphy(notes) is near the top of their wish list, perhaps trailing only the Washington Wizards' Antawn Jamison(notes). The Cavs' front office is still trying to gauge the seriousness of Wizards GM Ernie Grunfeld about eventually agreeing to a Jamison deal. While waiting for the Wizards on a move Grunfeld may never make, Cleveland doesn't want to miss out on Murphy.

Sources close to Jamison and Murphy say both players would welcome a trade to the contending Cavs.

The Cavs likely are willing to part with young forward J.J. Hickson(notes) in a trade for Jamison, but perhaps less apt to do so for Murphy. So far, the Pacers want more than the expiring contract of center Zydrunas Ilgauskas(notes) to make a deal for Murphy, and likely would also require Hickson.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I think KMart was in shock there was actually someone dumber than him.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

anybody still have that picture from last year, where it was a pic of JR and it said, ******s, we all know one?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Just read about Caron for Camby may be a possibility.

I really don't see why they'd trade for a Center, but whatever.

If that happens then our cap space for 2010 is doomed.
tired.gif

Jr Smith
smh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

It would not surprised if Al is shipped out. But I don't think it would happen.

I don't understand exactly why Indiana didn't want to make the move. Jefferson/Hibbert would've done damage in the East.

TWolves would've finally had their perimeter scorer. It sounds too perfect for both teams. Larry Bird was just being difficult.
laugh.gif

Seeing how Al Jefferson and Kevin Love aren't working out in Minny, I guess Larry Bird felt that it would be the same problem if Al was in Indy playingalong side Troy Murphy. Indy already has Hibbert too anyways. But I always felt having too much of something good is better than having none. Word to theLakers front court.

How about Kevin Martin for Al Jefferson? No thanks until I see both Kevin and Tyreke play first though... (And the first five games don't count...)

I miss BangDak's argument starting posts sometimes... Haha.

When you have a stud like Kevin Love, Al Jeff becomes somewhat expendable.
K. Love is my dude, but I don't think he could handle playing C full time in the L.

They'd probably go Hollins / K. Love.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I don't understand exactly why Indiana didn't want to make the move. Jefferson/Hibbert would've done damage in the East.
Seeing how Hibbert can't play effectively on the court with T.Murph, I doubt they'd wanna add another PF / C to that roster.

Plus he's not white?

I keed.

never a fan of 2 post players that only have a back to the basket game

infact when is the last time that work in the NBA?

i mean you can have 2 post players like gasol and bynum because gasol can step outside and hit a jump shot

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

i mean you can have 2 post players like gasol and bynum because gasol can step outside and hit a jump shot
Tim Duncan and David Robinson

Sampson and Dream

If done right, coached right, it can be an unstoppable duo. Pau and Bynum even work well.

And Kevin Love definitely doesn't REPLACE Al Jefferson at C, but I think having a really good wing player to have with Love is more important than anotherbig.

The Lakers being are so much more dominant when Bynum and Gasol are BOTH playing.

O'Brien needs to be fired before anything else.

Roy is best suited next to a defensive minded rebounding PF....im not sure about Al next to him or vice versa

makes sense for Larry to want him, his Boston cronies always LOVED Al

And what is this garbage about Bosh for Bynum????
alien.gif

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

Tim Duncan and David Robinson

Sampson and Dream

If done right, coached right, it can be an unstoppable duo. Pau and Bynum even work well.

And Kevin Love definitely doesn't REPLACE Al Jefferson at C, but I think having a really good wing player to have with Love is more important than another big.

The Lakers being are so much more dominant when Bynum and Gasol are BOTH playing.
Bosh and Andrea?
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

O'Brien needs to be fired before anything else.

Roy is best suited next to a defensive minded rebounding PF....im not sure about Al next to him or vice versa

makes sense for Larry to want him, his Boston cronies always LOVED Al

And what is this garbage about Bosh for Bynum????
alien.gif
If it went down, I'd boycott.

Back
Top Bottom