Offical 2008 NFL draft Thread. 12PT/3ET on ESPN/NFLNetwork

ummm maybe because they got a top rated WR, a top rated DT, and an extra #1 pick for next year...

Great they got a pick next yr, they are grading this yrs draft right?
top rated 5'10 169 lb WR wit work ethic problems, and ANOTHER DT, so the last 4 dudes they drafted at DT were top rated
and Trevor Laws got demolished at the Sr bowl by better guards.
Yea thats a 'A' draft

thats right on par with what the chiefs did to get their A by drafting the best available DT, 2nd best Tackle and a CB on D.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I really don't see where people are getting that Martellus Bennett is not a good blocking TE. He's not great right now, but he's definitely above average, and there's plenty of room for improvement with better coaching... He rotted in that CRAP offense Fran ran in College Station, but he's got just about every physical tool you could ask for. Tall, strong, physical, huge hands.

I haven't read anything in this thread other than this last page, but who was saying Martellus isn't a good blocker? Whoever said that must not havewatched him play very much...sure he took quite a few plays off throughout a game, but dude would absolutely manhandle anybody on the field once he startedplaying.

This is pretty funny though, it's Martellus's reaction to Jerry Jones callinghim...http://www.dallascowboys.com/multimedia_center.cfm?id=8DFA1F0B-0D3A-92C1-80781F87E6CE974F

I'd be surprised if Bill took Maningham..very surprised
No way in hell he does,
laugh.gif

I like Doucet, but who knows what Bill is thinking

It was a long +@+ day, and got glimpses of the draft here and there.....good to see that some of the boys got picked up:

Sedrick Ellis - Saints (7)
Keith Rivers - Bengals (9)
Sam Baker - Falcons (21)
Lawrence Jackson - Seahawks (26)
Chilo Rachal - 49ers (39)
Fred Davis - ******** (48)
Terrell Thomas - Giants (63)

I don't like the the 49ers first round pick, Kentwan Balmer, mainly because he didn't stand out in college. He seems like one of those Mike Mamulatypes, that started getting hyped after the combine. I do like Chilo Rachal (no homer), since we do need offensive linemen. Sure Rachal will have somegrowing pains but I believe he has the talent to be a solid Guard in the NFL.

I would have liked for Sam Baker to fall to the Niners in the second round, but the Falcons knew what they are doing. Baker is a solid tackle that happened torun into the injury bug in his senior season. If he would have left SC as a Junior, he would have been a 10-15 pick.

The ******** got a steal with Fred Davis falling in their lap that late in the second round. I am actually surprised he fell that far, but he will be a niceweapon for Jason Campbell.

The Packers keep getting lucky, Brian Brohm will be a steal.

courtesy of NFLDC

Best Available - Day Two

[table][tr][td] 1. Dan Connor, ILB, Penn St.
2. Reggie Smith, S, Oklahoma
3. Justin King, CB, Penn St.
4. Cliff Avril, OLB, Purdue
5. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
6. Mario Manningham, WR, Michigan
7. DaJuan Morgan, S, North Carolina St.
8. Carl Nicks, OT, Nebraska
9. Orlando Scandrick, CB, Boise St.
10. Marcus Harrison, DT, Arkansas
11. Tavares Gooden, OLB, Miami (FL)
12. Kevin Smith, RB, Central Florida
13. Dre Moore, DT, Maryland
14. Jeremy Thompson, DE, Wake Forest
15. Andre Caldwell, WR, Florida
[/td] [td]16. Jamaal Charles, RB, Texas
17. Pat Sims, DT, Auburn
18. Roy Schuening, OG, Oregon St.
19. Earl Bennett, WR, Vanderbilt
20. Tyvon Branch, CB, Connecticut
21. Xavier Adibi, OLB, Virginia Tech
22. Oniel Cousins, OT, U.T.E.P.
23. Early Doucet, WR, L.S.U.
24. Chris Ellis, DE, Virginia Tech
25. Antwaun Molden, CB, Eastern Kentucky
26. Jeremy Zuttah, C, Rutgers
27. Philip Wheeler, OLB, Georgia Tech
28. Josh Barrett, S, Arizona St.
29. André Woodson, QB, Kentucky
30. Anthony Collins, OT, Kans
[/td] [/tr][/table]

I hope we go Sims, Wheeler, or King in round 3.

Why are Boys fans acting like Jones is garbage or a reach? Dude is going to be alright just cause he wasn't starting doesn't mean he's not good.

Great they got a pick next yr, they are grading this yrs draft right?
It's a part of the draft isn't it? They also picked up an earlier second (which they traded down to get a 4th). They managed the situationwell, unlike a lot of teams that were trading way up to get reaches. Who would we have drafted at #19? Otah? Hell no. I would have taken a hammer to mycomputer if we did that. There wasn't any value in the middle of the first round that suited us well. Dallas did the same thing last year and I don'tremember anybody calling them out for it. Hopefully this doesn't end up like the Browns, and the Panthers just absolutely suck.

I figure that Dan Connor and Justin King will be gone by the time the Skins have their 3rd round pick, but there are 3 dudes who played in VA/DC that I thinkwould be HUGE if we could lande one of them....Dre Moore, Chris Ellis, or Xavier Adibi....I've heard rumors that Adibi could be moved back tosafety...kinda like Michael Boulware a few years back...

day 2 is where GM's make thier $....let's see who does what today

I'll go crazy (good crazy) if we can somehow get Dre Moore or Erin Henderson
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
@Kiper saying we had one of the best days

Here is what we have so far/what we have left:

34 (2) - WR Devin Thomas Michigan St.
48 (2)- TE Fred Davis USC
51 (2)- WR Malcolm Kelly Oklahoma
96 (3)
103 (4)
186 (6)
228 (7)
242 (7)
249 (7)

It's a part of the draft isn't it? They also picked up an earlier second (which they traded down to get a 4th). They managed the situation well, unlike a lot of teams that were trading way up to get reaches. Who would we have drafted at #19? Otah? Hell no. I would have taken a hammer to my computer if we did that. There wasn't any value in the middle of the first round that suited us well. Dallas did the same thing last year and I don't remember anybody calling them out for it. Hopefully this doesn't end up like the Browns, and the Panthers just absolutely suck.

cool you got a 1st rounder next yr, andmore than likely yall gonan trade that too
laugh.gif

there's a difference,
The Eagles have holes, The Eagles reached for kolb last season in round two to build for the future, they keep lookin toward the future and but they arentwinning now. they trading back like they went undefeated llike the Patriots and have very few holes, and even so, the Patriots still found someone to helptheir team in round 1.

U think the Eagles draft is worthy of an "A" if the Chiefs got an "A" when they got 2 of the top 15 talents in the draft?
tired.gif

WINNER: Jacksonville Jaguars

Say this for the Jaguars, they are playing for keeps. Whether they think their window to win with this team is closing soon or they just decided to go for broke and hope New England steps back, Jacksonville made a move for the immediate.

The Jags lost in the playoffs when Tom Brady sat back and had plenty of time to complete a ridiculous 26 of 28 passes.

That won't happen again. Not after the Jags traded three picks - two third-round selections and a fourth-rounder - to leap from No. 27 to No. 8 overall, where they took Florida defensive end Derrick Harvey. Then they traded a couple of late-round picks this year and next to get Quentin Groves, a pass rusher out of Auburn, in the second round.

It was a steep price for these guys, but as player personnel director James Harris told the Times-Union, "With our roster, we're not sure they (third-round picks) could make the team."

So the Jaguars went and did whatever they could to take care of a most pressing need and position themselves to win this season, whether it is against Peyton Manning in their division or Brady in the playoffs.

Told yall, them 3rd rounders were worth shoring up their one glaring weakness on D.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

As far as 3rd rounders, aint no 3rd rnders gonna start on jville.

pimp.gif

Still disappointed in the Bengals for standing pat at No. 9 and not giving up their third-rounder to move up. Even more disappointed in the Jerome Simpson pickwhen they so badly needed defensive tackle and there are guys (who are still on the board right now) they could've taken.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

....I've heard rumors that Adibi could be moved back to safety...kinda like Michael Boulware a few years back...

Yeah....But Mike had to be moved to Safety cause he was like 205 and couldn't shed blocks for ##*@. Is the same being said about Xaiver.

And yeah, hopefully my man Geno and P-Wheeler go in rd 3.

I still don't understand why Geno and Letroy left early.....
smh.gif

I mean, I know why, but damn.

Hope my Raiders can make a move for Dan Connor. He would be a solid LB against the run. Either him or Jonathan Goff.

We need to get into the 3rd round.

I'm tryna see where my dude Lavelle Hawkins goes. Atlanta?

Everything set up perfectly to let us take Dorsey then grab a QB in the 2nd...
ohwell.gif

I didn't hate the Lofton pick, but he's gonna get killed, since we still have no DTs.

Chevis Jackson...
grin.gif

Michael Smith just broke it down completely ...

they turned Deangelo Hall's trade & Matt Schaubs trade into .... Sam Baker ...
smh.gif

Failure!

Chargers gave up a 2nd round pick in next yrs draft to get Jacob Hester
eek.gif

Damn it
smh.gif

I Trust AJ. I trust AJ. I trust AJ.

Jerome Felton/Carl Stewart in the 6th round >>>>>>>>> 2nd + 5th for Hester
smh.gif

I Trust AJ. I trust AJ. I trust AJ.

Edit: Jacob Hester was that dude at LSU but he better be worth it in the NFL. AJ Smith is rarely wrong tho so I got faith.

Back
Top Bottom