Offical 2008 NFL draft Thread. 12PT/3ET on ESPN/NFLNetwork

Mayo has footwork like a Safety
eek.gif

Originally Posted by BeatJunkie5

Raiders release Dominic Rhodes....

You could see that coming from a mile away, Lamont Jordan is next.

I hope Bush can get some PT now

[table][tr][td]
on_line.gif
SoHi 23[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]#2276[/td] [td]http://[URL="http://"][/url][/td] [td][-][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[url=http://SoHi-23.u.yuku.com]

Registered Member

04/28/08 11:03 PM
[/td] [td]

[/td] [/tr][/url][/table]

I expected LaMont Jordan to get cut first, even traded before they let go of Dominic Rhodes...but I guess its all the same those two are both out ofOakland...our backfield should look like Fargas, McFadden and Bush...
http://niketalk.yuku.com/forum/getrefs/id/1852022/type/0

smh.gif
Andre... the 6th round? are you *!#!@$@ serious? unbelievable. Colt Brennan and a bunch of other scrubs before 'Dre? Giants need to get rid of him.

Colts should be a good fit for Tamme.

Gunna, what you think about your Rams taking Keenan?

Rafeal Little got picked up by the Titans, should have a fair shot at making the squad with their RB situation.
Wesley Woodyard is headed to Denver to become a Bronco. I was told that Woodyard had more than ten teams inquire about him and he was Mel Kiper's "Best Player" not picked in the draft.

pimp.gif

[h1]An afterthought in the draft, Woodson out to disprove doubters[/h1] [table][tr][td]
ThomasGeorgeSMALL.jpg
[/td] [td] [/td] [td]By Thomas George | NFL.com
Senior Columnist
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]
A_Woodson_071004_IA.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Streeter Lecka / Getty Images[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Over the past two seasons at Kentucky, Andre Woodson threw 71 TD passes compared to just 18 interceptions.[/td] [/tr][/table]

NEW YORK -- Tom Brady was drafted eight years ago at pick No. 199.

Andre Woodson went to the Giants on Sunday afternoon at pick No. 198.

Similarities exist in these sixth-round picks. Both are quarterbacks with big arms. Both possess superior football intelligence. Both found their college production relatively ignored.

And the major common element: Too many teams passed on these two snappy passers.
[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]
2008 NFL Draft
[/td] [/tr][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Draft Tracker:
» By name | Position | College | Team
» Rounds: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Analysis:
» George: Woodson out to prove doubters wrong
» Carucci: Top QBs could have impacts
» George: Six with something to prove
» Carucci: Ryan gives Falcons a face-lift

Inside the draft:
» Video: The picks, analysis, highlights
» Photos: Images from 2008 NFL Draft
» Introductions, analysis of first-round picks
» Video: Exclusive look at how draft works

Games:
» Predict the Pick | Fan Ballot[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
I am not saying that Woodson is Brady.

I am saying that Woodson was certainly not deserving of being the 12th quarterback taken in this draft. He deserved much more.

And I believe he will become the best quarterback in this draft.

Oh, he might sit awhile behind Eli Manning, who is just getting started, with a Super Bowl championship in only his fourth pro season.

But the Giants have a splendid backup they can groom for their own enjoyment or a commodity they could use for prime trade value. They have a quarterback who when he gains opportunities in preseason games or as a sub in real games will turn heads.

I see a star quarterback here.

"You can use late picks to develop quarterbacks, and with Eli here, we have an unusual chance to do that," Giants general manager Jerry Reese said. "His value was too good to pass up in the sixth round. He played at the highest level against major competition in the Southeastern Conference. We love his production."

How about 40 TD passes and 11 interceptions last season? How about 71 TDs and 18 interceptions over the last two seasons? How about a stretch of 153 passes during his career without an interception? And then another such streak -- the NCAA record -- of 325 after that? How about leading Kentucky to consecutive bowl-game victories for the first time in 56 years?

How about doing all of that in a conference that produced the most players (35) in this draft?

That is Woodson.

Scouts thought he threw with an ugly, worrisome hitch in their pre-draft studies. But Kentucky defensive coordinator Steve Brown practiced his unit against Woodson, against that "hitch" for four years.

"This is a very, very sharp, smart quarterback," Brown said. "He has excellent touch. He reads coverages extremely well. He can get you into the right play. He is one of the better quarterbacks I've seen in the college game in the last couple of years. He compares in style to Jason Campbell of the ********. But Andre is going to make his own mark in that league."

Woodson was reached via telephone at his home in Lexington on Sunday night.

"I was at my mom's house watching the draft and about midway through the fifth round I got in my car and drove the hour and a half or so back to school," Woodson said. "I was feeling pretty low. I came in and turned on the draft again and within about five minutes, they called my name. And just like that, I'm a Giant.

"Obviously, it was a long draft. It was draining. I thought I would go midway in the second round or no later than the fourth round. I don't know what teams saw in my game that they did not take me. But I've got a great opportunity with the Super Bowl champions to work with a great coaching staff and with great quarterbacks, including Eli. Sure, I think a lot of teams blew it. They missed on a good quarterback. I definitely plan on proving that."

Just like Brady, Woodson hopes.

With a journey that despite the fall, at least, begins one pick, one step shorter than Brady's.

Slaton - selected 89th overall by Houston
Schmitt - selected 163rd overall by Seattle
Mundy - selected 194th overall by Pittsburgh
Reynaud - signed by Minnesota
Wicks - signed by Seattle
Dingle - signed by Kansas City
Magro - signed by St. Louis
!%!@+ - signed by Arizona

pimp.gif

Vaughn Rivers is the only WVU player not to latch on.

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

acidicality wrote:

did the raiders release jordan yet?

After June 1st, he will be gone

Yup, right now his cap hit is too much. Supposedly McFadden got signed already. I haven't found any links, just hearsay. something like 20 mill guaranteed

Originally Posted by Berkeley Boy

Originally Posted by SoHi 23

acidicality wrote:

Yup, right now his cap hit is too much. Supposedly McFadden got signed already. I haven't found any links, just hearsay. something like 20 mill guaranteed
No way he signed for that little.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by theone2401

Berkeley Boy wrote:

SoHi 23 wrote:

acidicality wrote:

Yup, right now his cap hit is too much. Supposedly McFadden got signed already. I haven't found any links, just hearsay. something like 20 mill
guaranteed

Something like 6 years 50 million and around 20 mill guaranteed. Just rumors at the moment, but that sounds to be in the ball park.

No way he signed for that little.
laugh.gif

[h1]Teams sign rookie free agents[/h1]
NFL.com

The 2008 NFL Draft is over, and teams have scrambled to sign college talent that was not selected in the draft. Here are the rookie free agents teams have signed ...

Arizona Cardinals: Jason Banks, DE, Grambling; Marcus Brown, CB, McNeese State; Peter Clifford, T, Michigan State; Thaddeus Coleman, T, Mississippi Valley State; Keilen +%+@$, DT, West Virginia; Ali Highsmith, LB, LSU; Dionte Johnson, FB, Ohio State; Dennis Keyes, FS, UCLA; Lance Long, WR, Mississippi State; Carlton Medder, G, Florida; Anthony Morelli, QB, Penn State; Bryan Robinson, DE, Wesley College; Hercules Satele, G, Hawaii.

Atlanta Falcons: Isaac Brown, LB, Central Michigan; Jimmie Kaylor, P, Colorado State; Glenn Sharpe, CB, Miami (Fla.); .B. Wolfe, S, Oklahoma; Brandon Miller, DE, Georgia; Jamar Brittingham, RB, Bloomsburg; Michael Butterworth, OT, Slippery Rock.

Carolina Panthers: Casper Brinkley, DE, South Carolina; Chris Conklin, TE, Wingate; Cortney Grixby, CB, Nebraska; Breyone Evans, FB, Massachusetts; Joseph Fields, FS, Syracuse; Brandon Jenkins, DT, Mississippi; Damon Morton, WR, Colorado State; Taylor Tharp, QB, Boise State; Darren Toney, CB, Arkansas State; Dan Ziedman, P, Idaho State.

Chicago Bears: Cody Balogh, OT, Montana; Trey Brown, DB, UCLA; Joe Clermond, DE, Pittsburgh; David Faaeteete, DT, Oregon; Curtis Hamilton, WR, Western Kentucky; Caleb Hanie, QB, Colorado State; Nick Hill, QB, Southern Illinois; Shane Longest, K, St. Xavier; Leslie Majors, DB, Indiana; Nick Osborn, DE, San Diego State.
[table][tr][td]
K_Lattimore_070929_IA.jpg
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Nick Laham / Getty Images[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Former Maryland running back Keon Lattimore is the brother of Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis.

» Players drafted from Maryland[/td] [/tr][/table]
Dallas Cowboys: Danny Amendola, WR, Texas Tech; Drew Atchison, TE, William & Mary; Mark Bradford, WR, Stanford; Andrew Brecher, OT, Harvard; Julius Crosslin, FB, Oklahoma State; Dowayne Davis, SS, Syracuse; Marcus Dixon, DE, Hampton; Brandon Hale, OT, Sam Houston State; Keon Lattimore, RB, Maryland; Jay Ottovegio, P/K, Stanford; Daniel Polk, WR, Midwestern State; Darrell Robertson, DE, Georgia Tech.

Denver Broncos: Anthony Alridge, RB, Houston; Mitch Erickson, OL, South Dakota State; Garrett Hartley, K, Oklahoma; Brett Kern, P, Toledo; Tyler Polumbus, OT, Colorado; Lorne Sam, WR, Texas-El Paso; Wesley Woodyard, LB, Kentucky.

Green Bay Packers: Jake Allen, WR, Mississippi College; Brennan Carvalho, C, Portland State; Ken Debauche, P, Wisconsin; Tierre Green, S, Nebraska; Rod Harper, WR, Murray State; Joey Haynos, TE, Maryland; J.J. Jansen, LS, Notre Dame; Danny Lansanah, LB, Connecticut; Kregg Lumpkin, RB, Georgia; Dureell Mapp, LB, North Carolina; Marcus Riley, LB, Fresno State; Mike Peterson, TE/FB, Northwest Missouri State; Taj Smith, WR, Syracuse.

Oakland Raiders: Derrick Brown, CB, Southern Utah; Malik Jackson, LB, Louisville; Louis Rankin, RB, Washington; Shane Simmons, LB, Western Washington; Adam Spieker, C, Missouri; Chris Wagner, TE, South Dakota.

Philadelphia Eagles: Kyle Arrington, CB, Hofstra; Jed Collins, FB, Wasington State; Franklin Dunbar, OT, Middle Tennessee State; Terrell Golden, WR, Penn State; Frantz Hardy, WR, Nebraska; Shaheer McBride, WR, Delaware State; Justin Roland, LB, Kansas State.

Pittsburgh Steelers: Patrick Bailey, LB, Duke; Dorien Bryant, WR, Purdue; Doug Legursky, C, Marshall; Roy Lewis, CB, Washington; Mike Potts, QB, William & Mary; Martavius Price, DL, Southern Mississippi; Jordan Reffett, DL, Washington; Julian Rucker, K, Appalachian State; Micah Rucker, WR, Eastern Illinois; Dezmond Sherrod, TE, Mississippi State; Travis Williams, CB, East Carolina; Donovan Woods, LB, Oklahoma State.

San Diego Chargers: Billy Vinnedge, P/K, Wyoming; Gary Banks, WR, Troy ; Greg Bracey, WR, Missouri; Billy Pittman, WR, Texas; Mike Tolbert, FB, Costal Carolina; Josh Bell, CB, Baylor; Brian Bonner, S, Texas Christian; Stanley Franks, CB, Idaho; John Tereshinski, TE, Wake Forest; Roy Betschart, H-back, Wyoming; Eric Bakhtiari, OLB, University of San Diego; Tyler Luellen, T, Missouri; Andrew Crummey, G, Maryland; Brandyn Dombrowski, G, San Diego State; Lamar Divens, DT, Tennessee State; Keith Shologan, DT, Central Florida; Brandon Jackson, WR, North Texas.

St. Louis Rams: Yvenson Bernard, RB, Oregon State; Vernon Bryant, DT, Hampton; Matt Caddell, WR, Alabama; Vincent Hall, LB, Virginia Tech; Rodney Hardeway, DE, Louisiana-Lafayette; Joshua Hyman, WR, Virginia Tech; Doug Jones, TE, Cincinnati; Marc Magro, LB, West Virginia; Brandon McAnderson, FB, Kansas; Justin McKinney, CB, Kansas State; Stephen Sene, OT, Liberty; Joshua Thompson, NT, Auburn.

Tennessee Titans: Barry Booker, DT, Virginia Tech; Omar Cuff, RB, Delaware; Jerrell Freeman, LB, Mary-Hardin Baylor; Tony Joiner, S, Florida; Rafael Little, RB, Kentucky; Brock Pasteur, OT, Stephen F. Austin; Jason Rivers, WR, Hawaii; Eric Scott, C, Kentucky; Fernando Velasco, C/G, Georgia; Edward Williams, WR, Lane College.

http://www.nfl.com/static/content/catch_all/nfl_image/*******s_logo.jpg Washington ********: Shannon Boatman, OL, Florida State; Kerry Brown, OL, Appalachian State; Devin Clark, OL, New Mexico; Kyle Devan, OL, Oregon State; Alonzo Dotson, DE, Oklahoma; Horace Gant, WR, St. Olaf College; Curtis Gatewood, LB, Vanderbilt; Bret Meyer, QB, Iowa State; Kevin Mitchell, S, Illinois; Matteral Richardson, CB, Arkansas; Justin Scott, S, Purdue; Dorian Smith, DE, Oregon State; Bryan Wilson, LB, Morgan State.

hold up hold up, Donovan Woods played LB???????? Wasn't this ##@*! the starting QB with Rashaun playing WR.

My boy Gatewood going to the Skins is not a good look, he needs to be a 3-4 LB. not a 4-3 DE, son's gonna get eaten alive by Samuels and Jansen in practice

Back
Top Bottom