Offical 2008 NFL draft Thread. 12PT/3ET on ESPN/NFLNetwork

I'm happy with what we did.

Got more picks including what should be a high first rounder next year.
I guess going DT can't hurt. We were solid against the run last year, and adding experience to Patterson, Bunkley, and Abiamiri will help. Not to mentionwe have Trent Cole.
Jackson is great value in the middle of the 2nd. Surprised he fell that far, especially since he can make an impact in the return game.
I love adding Booker. He's fast and can catch the ball. We have a deep backfield with Buckhalter, Booker, Hunt, and Moats behind Westbrook. Moats is donefor. Not sure what the deal is with Hunt. Hopefully he gives us something worthwhile.

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

I'm happy with what we did.

Got more picks including what should be a high first rounder next year.
I guess going DT can't hurt. We were solid against the run last year, and adding experience to Patterson, Bunkley, and Abiamiri will help. Not to mention we have Trent Cole.
Jackson is great value in the middle of the 2nd. Surprised he fell that far, especially since he can make an impact in the return game.
I love adding Booker. He's fast and can catch the ball. We have a deep backfield with Buckhalter, Booker, Hunt, and Moats behind Westbrook. Moats is done for. Not sure what the deal is with Hunt. Hopefully he gives us something worthwhile.

You're joking right? You were about to kill yourself earlier.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Answer IV DMX

Originally Posted by J0E HUSTLE

Originally Posted by srvballer

Do the Browns have any draft picks?
All 2nd day picks.

CRABLE....
nerd.gif

Crable won't disappoint. Put in the right defense he will be a monster. Plus he'll most likely be working out with Braylon and Barwis here in AA this summer. Barwis will unleash him and I guarantee he'll be putting up better numbers than he did before the combine
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I dont understand taking Jordy Nelson with Hardy and Sweed still on the board.

Im ok with taking Brohm with the 56th or w.e overall pick...

i LIKE Patrick Lee at 60... hes a physical CB like GB loves, and has good size... TT hates small CB's

not sure how i feel about this draft so far... i trust that Ted Thompson knows what hes doing, and its no secret that he knows how to evaluate WR's... letsjust see how tomorrow goes.

Im still mad we didnt trade up 5 spots to get Mike Jenkins... he would have been perfect in GB

loving the ******** draft! loved the trade down, loved the 2 big wr's and fred davis. cooley and davis 2 te sets
pimp.gif
we might be able to finally score inthe redzone with someone besides cooley! we still have 6 picks left, we can still get some much needed o-line and d-line help, and hopefully a corner orsafety.

THE BEST REMAINING PROSPECTS
Rivals.com NFL Draft partner Frank Coyle of draftinsiders.com breaks down the top 10 players available in the draft after the first two rounds.
1. DaJuan Morgan - SS - 6-0, 205 lbs. - North Carolina State
Morgan could develop into an every-down player and maybe even a Pro Bowl performer over time. He also is one of the best special-teams players in this class.He was a borderline first-round pick in our eyes.

2. Marcus Harrison - DT - 6-3, 310 lbs. - Arkansas
This tough, athletic tackle has the ability to make an impact at the NFL level if healthy. With proper coaching, the sky is the limit for Harrison. He is atop-five defensive tackle in this class.

3. Erin Henderson - LB - 6-2, 235 lbs. - Maryland
Henderson is a savvy athlete with the speed and talent to make an impact on special teams and compete for the nickel linebacker role as a rookie. He couldchallenge for a starting weakside spot in a 4-3 set in his first season.

4. Mario Manningham - WR - 6-0, 180 lbs. - Michigan
Manningham has the body type and athleticism of St. Louis Rams star Torry Holt, though he's not as developed as Holt was at this stage. He ran poor timesof 4.60 and 4.68 at the NFL Scouting Combine, though he ran a sub-4.5 time at Michigan's Pro Day. He will be an excellent value pick on Sunday.

5. Dan Connor - LB - 6-2, 235 lbs. - Penn State
He is an extremely well-developed prospect who can be an every-down performer as a pro - probably as a rookie. He has the frame to get bigger and has good sizefor the middle or weakside linebacker spots. He carried a mid-second round grade (No. 48 overall). He has good skills and a high level of development.

6. Early Doucet - WR - 6-0, 200 lbs. - LSU
Doucet could become one of the best value picks in the draft. He can play the slot immediately and could develop into a No. 1 receiver. He played against ahigh level of competition in the SEC, so his transition to the NFL should be smoother than many prospects.

7. Xavier Adibi - LB - 6-1, 225 lbs. - Virginia Tech
Adibi projected as a second-round pick in our eyes. He is the top outside linebacker left on our list. He could contribute immediately as a nickel linebackerand special teams performer. He has the intangibles to become a starter and possible Pro Bowler in the right scheme.

8. Justin King - CB - 6-0, 185 lbs. - Penn State
His lack of experience and height creates problems - especially in jump-ball situations - but he has developed nicely as a coverage corner. King is athird-round prospect who has the talent to surprise. He could be a high-level nickel corner and possibly a starter within a short time.

9. Carl Nicks - OT - 6-5, 330 lbs. - Nebraska
Nicks is a raw prospect with the package to start at right tackle - but only after some critical development in technique. One of the biggest boom or bustlinemen in this year's class, we had him as a late second-rounder (No. 58 overall).

10. Cliff Avril - DE - 6-3, 255 lbs. - Purdue
Avril is a good athlete with fine instincts while playing in space - either vs. the run or the pass. He has the ability to start early in the NFL after someimprovement in his lower body strength and overall technique. He should at least contribute early as a situational pass rusher.

THE NEXT 10
11. Pat Sims - DT - 6-1, 320 lbs. - Auburn
12. Tyvon Branch - CB - 5-11, 200 lbs. - Connecticut
13. Reggie Smith - CB - 6-0, 200 lbs. - Oklahoma
14. Jamaal Charles - RB - 6-0, 200 lbs. -Texas
15. Andre Caldwell - WR - 6-0, 200 lbs. - Florida
16. John Greco - OT - 6-5, 320 lbs. - Toledo
17. Charles Godfrey - CB - 6-0, 205 lbs. - Iowa
18. Earl Bennett - WR - 6-1, 200 lbs. - Vanderbilt
19. Anthony Collins - OT - 6-5, 310 lbs. - Kansas
20. Kevin Smith - RB - 6-1, 215 lbs. - Central Florida

Back