Off-duty officer shoots and wounds two men after being assaulted...was he justified?

Originally Posted by MrsLight

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

Originally Posted by paliplaya2010

he was completely justified. he was assaulted with a weapon not even fists. dudes pulled out a weapon and he happened to have a stronger one
word...the dude had his kids with him. i woulda shot somebody too.

Originally Posted by UrbenYouth

Originally Posted by solefood229

They picked the wrong dude to mess with, and got what they deserved

Cops aren't trained to shoot people in the foot or the leg, when they shoot, they shoot to kill

Is that really the case? I doubt that. Shoot to kill every single time? What if they're just trying to keep them from running or something? Tazer?

Officers are taught to shoot someone as a last resort, so by the time the gun comes out they have passed the whole non-violent approach. Tell me this if yourtrying to shoot a moving person which area of the body would be easier to hit two small moving legs, or a big open chest area?

ridiculous. you got instances where cops are shooting like 80 bullets per person, and other instances where they're just trying to blow heads off like itsnothing and its always ustified. no matter what the situation... it's always ##*!!+% justified.

im with my wife and kids im letting off 10+ shots until they're down and i see fit, at the chest. If the kids threw a bottle more than likely they were ata short distance where shloting him in the head was just straight murder

Originally Posted by Baby Jumpman

Originally Posted by SpeakUp23

Im sorry but I would pop those two fools also. Just not in the head
laugh.gif
thats OD
QFT
laugh.gif
.....I would shoot them in the kneecap with thequickness.

Originally Posted by frostythepoptart

ridiculous. you got instances where cops are shooting like 80 bullets per person, and other instances where they're just trying to blow heads off like its nothing and its always ustified. no matter what the situation... it's always ##*!!+% justified.

im with my wife and kids im letting off 10+ shots until they're down and i see fit, at the chest. If the kids threw a bottle more than likely they were at a short distance where shloting him in the head was just straight murder

Cause, you know, 10+ shots to the chest won't kill him.

Hell yeah he was justified, IMO it could have been way worse. If it was me I probably would have put a bullet in both their heads

^ you seriously dont understand the difference between shooting someone in the head at close proximity and letting off rounds into their chest?

it's about was the cop defending himself or just deciding execution and deemed people not worthy to live.

hell yeah he is..

he caught a wound that required medical attention so yeah that right there is risking his life & his fams.. why not

not like he's off duty & saw 2 kids robbing a deli or smoking bud & popped them..
he was attacked & the dudes that got shot eff'd with the wrong dude..

everyone here saying he's not justified is either %$$$! & are probably used to taking L's like that.. because any man would do that i mean if theyhit you then whats going to happen to the ya wife & 2 kids..

Is that really the case? I doubt that. Shoot to kill every single time? What if they're just trying to keep them from running or something? Tazer?
cops are taught to SHOOT TO KILL. yup, you read that correctly. however, that's only if they are being threatened or attacked. at least,that's my understanding of it talking to several policeman before. they are not supposed to shoot anyone running from them.

Penofski wrote:
There may be some consequences for him having his gun while off duty but the pigs will find a way to justify it

Plenty of cops carry their guns when off duty. My brother doesn't cross the street with out his.

its a shame when beer bottles are thrown at professional athletes they dont just go into their jersey pull out a 9 and handle their business
pimp.gif

this topic would be going in a completely different direction

^ you seriously dont understand the difference between shooting someone in the head at close proximity and letting off rounds into their chest?

it's about was the cop defending himself or just deciding execution and deemed people not worthy to live.

roll.gif
you talking about letting off 10+ rounds into someone's chest like this is a video game and his HP will only be at 20. Homie, a couple shots to thechest will more than likely kill you. I swear, kids these days(you) have no idea what a gun can do. This isn't a video game, letting off a couple shots tothe chest is death.

Originally Posted by Thugnificence

So this situation went like this...

The two men threw the bottle & it hit the off duty officer in the head... the officer then responded by pulling out his gun & shooting both of these men...

If that is how the situation played out, then no the officer was not justified...

But i definitely think that there is more to this story than the info we have now...
I was gonna say yes, he wuz justified. But u not lyin, some dudes juss smacked him off the randomness? Idk. Sounds a lil fishy if you ask me. Evntho things like this do happen. If they juss assaulted him randomly, then yes, he wuz. Because aside from his own well-being, he has to protect his family ANDthose surrounding. That's like saying, oh, he's off duty but he just saw a robbery, so it's justified if he doesn't act accordingly. But ifthere was more to the story, you cant rilly make a case for either side, because we don't know the whole story, u dig?

Originally Posted by SIZE TENS

Originally Posted by AF1 Beast

How are you gon' shoot two people in front of your kids?
How you gonna let 2 people possibly assault your wife and kids?

They already attacked you. You going to wait and see who they attack next?
yeah gotta protect your family

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

roll.gif
you talking about letting off 10+ rounds into someone's chest like this is a video game and his HP will only be at 20. Homie, a couple shots to the chest will more than likely kill you. I swear, kids these days(you) have no idea what a gun can do. This isn't a video game, letting off a couple shots to the chest is death.
This also being taken into consideration. You don't know exactly how far/close each individual was. You gotta consider the fact, they smackeddude with a bottle. He didn't just pop back up off the quickness on some undertaker s**t. He had to regroup, which I'm sure took a few seconds.Shooting a guy in the arm, not so bad, shooting a guy in the head, sounds like he wuz goin for the kill.

Undertaker2.jpg
(idk wut the "deadman" tag is bout. juss found the pic)

ANAHEIM -- An off-duty police officer shot and wounded two men who had allegedly assaulted him in the parking lot of Angel Stadium following Wednesday night's game against the Rockies, police said.

The off-duty officer was walking to his car with his wife and two small children just before 11:00 p.m. when he apparently spotted two men trying to break into his vehicle.

The officer reportedly tried to stop the men and the conflict escalated. He called a dispatcher at his department and asked for help, saying two men had choked him and asked him to get away from his car, said Sgt. Rick Martinez of the Anaheim Police Department.

The men then allegedly hit him in the head with beer bottles, Martinez said.

The off-duty officer responded by shooting the men with his duty weapon.

The officer told his department he had identified himself as an off-duty police officer to the men before the shooting, but they "didn't back off," said Martinez.

One man was struck in the chin and was in critical condition. His injuries were considered life threatening.

The other man was hit in the upper arm and was in serious but stable condition. Both remained hospitalized at UCI Medical Center Thursday.

The officer sustained a serious head wound in the alleged assault. He was released from the hospital Thursday morning.

The identities of the officer and the shooting victims were not immediately released.

Their relatives returned to the stadium Thursday morning to pick up the men's truck and to briefly accuse the officer of starting the whole fight.

Sandy Bustamante, who identified herself as the sister-in-law of one of the wounded men, told KTLA the officer initiated the confrontation with racial slurs directed toward the two men.

She also said the men are brothers from Ontario, one of whom is a U.S. Marine.

The Orange County District Attorney's Office will investigate the incident along with the Anaheim Police Department, as is required for officer-involved shootings.

The Angels had beaten the Colorado Rockies 11-3 earlier in the evening.

The shooting was the third violent incident at a Southern California ballpark this season. A man died two days after getting into a fight on opening day at Angel Stadium in April. Another man was stabbed multiple times at the Dodger's home opener, but he survived.

The Anaheim Police Department was asking for witnesses of Wednesday's incident to call (714) 765-1944.

no sympathy

They messed with the bull and they got the horns.

Don't start with people.

If they really assaulted him, then yes, he has every right to defend himself and his family.

Originally Posted by RetroJTino

Originally Posted by Thugnificence

So this situation went like this...

The two men threw the bottle & it hit the off duty officer in the head... the officer then responded by pulling out his gun & shooting both of these men...

If that is how the situation played out, then no the officer was not justified...

But i definitely think that there is more to this story than the info we have now...
I was gonna say yes, he wuz justified. But u not lyin, some dudes juss smacked him off the randomness? Idk. Sounds a lil fishy if you ask me. Evn tho things like this do happen. If they juss assaulted him randomly, then yes, he wuz. Because aside from his own well-being, he has to protect his family AND those surrounding. That's like saying, oh, he's off duty but he just saw a robbery, so it's justified if he doesn't act accordingly. But if there was more to the story, you cant rilly make a case for either side, because we don't know the whole story, u dig?

jesus, your spelling is god awful.

I couldnt take you seriously even if we agreed.

Anyways, cop was most definitely justified in his actions. Cant be messing with someones wife and family, especially not with a weapon (in this case, thebottle)

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

roll.gif
you talking about letting off 10+ rounds into someone's chest like this is a video game and his HP will only be at 20. Homie, a couple shots to the chest will more than likely kill you. I swear, kids these days(you) have no idea what a gun can do. This isn't a video game, letting off a couple shots to the chest is death.

God you're thick. I dont care if he kills the guy or not defending himself, but when you shoot a guy in the head the only intent is to kill him, thats mypoint. letting off a couple of rounds tell he drops is not as bad as putting ONE bullet in the guys head.

edit: thanks for the link dirty. offers actions dont seem that bad now
laugh.gif
i dont believe the sister in law one bit but i wonder if it holds anything
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom