Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
As a Knicks fan I hate this time of year. Too many questions, no answers, all speculation. Btw, please don't put "Born Ready" on the team.

Nate Wilson easily the best past his prime Knick... waddup yall 
pimp.gif

WTH THE GR8 ? :nerd:

I miss your posts man for real I would deadass read every single word in those wall of texts. Stick around for a little bit man.

Knicks really need to find a way to bring Westbrook here.

I'm gonna be extremely disappointed if we hire him. They should st least interview Fred Hoiberg and Shaka Smart before offering this dude the job

I can't agree with a coach who would have anything to do with Derek Fisher playing 32 mins last night.

Last edited:
I'm gonna be extremely disappointed if we hire him. They should st least interview Fred Hoiberg and Shaka Smart before offering this dude the job
With Phil here you gotta trust the man to do what he wants, thats why we got him. I have never been a fan of Phil (mostly for personal reasons from Knicks/Bulls rivalry) but I made sure to read 11 Rings when we hired him. After reading his book I definitely have a new outlook on Phil. I like some of the more qualified coaching candidates as well over a guy like Derek Fisher, and I openly pushed very hard on this forum for the Knicks to hire Mark Jackson back in 08 when he had no coaching experience so obviously he is even more of a sexy pick now that he has a couple of successful seasons in Golden State under his belt.

I also dont doubt that a smart/savvy basketball mind like Mark Jackson or some of these other coaches can learn how to install the triangle offense. One of the things that I liked about the Phil hiring from the jump (and for the most part, I was not thrilled whatsoever) is that Phil's triangle offenses have been known to facilitate great ball movement without the use of a great PG. When you look at the NBA today more than ever success is highly correlated with the play of the teams PG because most NBA offense nowadays (a tradition that really took off with Dantoni's Suns offense and is definitely true with the offense Woody ran this year) are very reliant on the PG to control the ball movement for the entire team. This is a huge reason as to why the Knicks struggled so much moving the ball on offense this season, as we are all well aware of. The Knicks need to look to upgrade the PG spot this offseason but with no cap space and no draft picks it is extremely unlikely we will be able to sign a point guard capable of running the Knicks offense. HOWEVER it might be significantly easier to sign a point guard who is a capable fit to plug in and run the triangle offense, and be used more of a role player in a functional system than the team's primary facilitator. I also like the triangle for this team because both Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant experienced very similar stereotypes to their games before Phil Jackson took over and installed the triangle to help the ball move. Both players (especially MJ because Kobe was still before his prime) were known to be terrific scorers, but its amazing reading **** in Phil's book as well as other sources knowing what we now know that people thought that Michael Jordan would never be able to win a championship because while he was a phenomenal scorer, the ball sticks to him and he doesnt make his teamates better like NBA fans were used to seeing experiencing the likes of unselfish superstars like Magic and Bird dominating the past decade. I think Melo is a good passer, and he wants to win, he just doesnt quite know how to yet and doesnt help him that his past couple of coaches have relied on his scoring ability too much. Its not doing Melo any good when he gets the ball in an iso situation and the rest of the team stands around and watches him and that is the kind of **** that drives Phil crazy, and that is the knid of **** I believe he thinks he can change, and I think he does see potential greatness in Melo because I dont think he takes this job otherwise.

Having said that while the triangle is important to Phil and I definitely think he is looking for a coach to implement the system here, I do not think the triangle is as important to a lot of Phil's Zen principles and traditions. From reading his book it definitely seems as if he holds his Zen principles alot higher in building team oneness than the triangle offense. Phil kind of looks as the triangle offense as a system that implements his Zen beliefs of selflessness and oneness onto the basketball court, not the other way around. That is why I think that while Mark Jackson or a lot of these other coaches would be able to learn how to run the triangle, especially with the help of Phil disciple assistant coaches like a Jim Cleamons, he will not look to hire those people because they do not share his Zen beliefs and pregame/practice rituals. Phil has been to war with Derek Fisher, in his book he is constantly raving about how much he respects Fisher and how great of a leader he thinks he is. They won 5 championships together, and Fisher knows what Phil does and will want from him and Im sure he will add his own flavor to the mix as well. Say what you want about the Zen ******** and despite any personal antagonism you have towards it, it has definitely worked in the past and it is the what Phil Jackson believes in and it is the way he knows how to win. And it has worked. So as fans with Phil Jackson leading the way, we kind of just need to trust his instincts and hope that it can work as well as it has in the past.

(theres your rant fellas, i will try and be more of a presence in here this offseason)

@DarnellMayberry Fisher: "1st time I went to NY as a rookie, I locked myself in my room bc I was afraid of what was gonna happen to me."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom