Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
It really bothered me at the time how the Nets seemingly punked the Knicks by forcing them to make the Melo trade and turning around getting Williams right after without having to give up Lopez.  

In retrospect that side of it doesn't look as bad just because Williams has struggled so much with injuries since getting there.  It's still stupid that Dolan would let a rival play head games with him like that.

The Nets had Derrick Favors at the time who everyone was very high on. But look at DWill now--The man can't stay on the court for more than 2 months.

Last edited:

Haha, I know what you mean, 100027. It's no surprise that Prokhorov knows how to play with Dolan's mind. I mean Prokhorov grew up poorly and became rich on his own. Dolan came from a wealthy family. To be honest, every team/player loves using us too much.
laugh.gif
mean.gif
I always thought drafting is Isiah's best ability. Donnie isn't great in drafting. It's cool. I think our scouts should have make an effort if we wanted Brandon Jennings over Jordan Hill.

I think getting Turner is a smart move for the Pacers. It's just in the case if they can't bring Stephenson back next year.
Nah, Lance is priority. You get rid of Turner before you let Lance go. It's funny how Prokhorov can do that and my man runs the team on another continent 
laugh.gif
Word, Lance is all-around better than Turner. Too bad we won't have to worry bout drafting this year 
laugh.gif
frown.gif

I don't have any idea but I know w/e he told him didn't work or convince him slightly with Proky moving to BK and disrespecting the Knicks and the impending lockout and new cba.

I'm not shifting blame off Dolan here. He's the ****tiest owner not named Sterling but Donnie knew who he was working for when he took the job. He stalled with ****** play for a few years, hired the wrong coach, set us up somewhat to be better team wise, didn't get Bron, signed uninsured Amar'e and all this took how many years?
I get what you're saying.  I don't see many of the specifics the same way, but w/e.

To me I see it like the current situation with the GM of the Oakland Raiders.  He inherited a situation so bad that everyone knew it would take a couple years to clean it up.  You can not hold that against Donnie.  And Donnie did a really job cleaning it up, coming out with a team that had .500 talent and a bunch of young assets.

It's from there that things went wrong.  And I 100% blame Dolan for his role in forcing that trade.  You could blame Donnie, but if you look at the results each man has had in other situations, the evidence points one way.
It's because of everything that's happened after that point that I simply don't think that highly of him. To me it's more like Dolan is a ****** owner all the time not some of the time. He was a ****** owner when Donnie was getting us to rebuild the same way he was a ****** owner when we hired Pringles, signed Amar'e, traded for Melo (keep in mind Dolan already heard the superstar will come to us in FA talk from Donnie already and he failed) and made other bad trades until Donnie quit. He was still a bad owner when Glen came in and made moves.

Last edited:
Nah, **** just didn't pan out, so he went & moved to a better situation w/ the Pacers. Who just traded away Granger for Evan Turner for no reason might I add

Granger was basically wasn't doing much since coming back from the injury. It's clear the team has moved on and didn't need his contribution, but he still has value. I didn't think the trade was that bad. Moving forward, I think they could survive without him. Paul George took his spot and them some, but if you see it like that, then ok...

^ I honestly don't think trading Granger affected the chemistry that much. He was absent most of the time when they developed their chemisty from that run last year. I was waiting for him to get back to where he was to add to PG, but he just never seemed to get back. I guess a change of scenery helped. Turner is good coming off the bench, behind guys like Lance, Scola etc.

Nah, Lance is priority. You get rid of Turner before you let Lance go. It's funny how Prokhorov can do that and my man runs the team on another continent :lol:

yeah, the trade was mainly as an insurance just in case lance walks. evan is a restricted free agent, so if lance does walk, they have the right to match any offer. lance is definitely the better player, but evan has had a really good season and could slide into lance's spot if need be. now do i think he'll leave the best team in the east? doubt it, but money talks. looking at the pacers finances, they cant offer to give lance that much when other teams are gonna be well below the cap this offseason. oh, and i think evan turner is definitely an upgrade over danny granger. at least danny is in a good situation now and not trapped in phili.

I respect Donnie Walsh, believe me I do, but lettuce be cereal. Dude has never developed a championship team.
That's probably one of the key differences. Some fans have went through so much hell that now they just want a consistently good team that goes to the playoffs. Some other fans have went through so much hell that now they just want a consistently championship contending team.

**** baby steps. I'm beyond frustrated with the Knicks. To me where we've been and where we're at there's no difference than missing the playoffs, getting swept the 1st round and losing in the 2nd round or getting swept in the ECF. I'm tired of losing period.

If we went to the finals next year and lost I'd still be mad.

I just want Phil to come in and change the mind set of the organization. Make it more professional, give them a new culture to live by. No more accepting failure, no more divas and players with character issues. Have no tolerance for BS. If Phil can instill that into this organization anything else he does after that is a plus

"One Knicks player recently told ESPN.com that the CAA ties were a problem in the locker room.

"You see how guys from CAA are treated differently," the player said. "How they get away with saying certain things to coaches. How coaches talk to them differently than they talk to the other guys. It's a problem.""

I find this to be very interesting.

buncha herbs down in miami. i swear

most, if not all, the suit wearers in the knicks organization need to be let go

the CAA stranglehold needs to be broken once and for all

ex players need to have a bigger voice in the organization instead of just handing out turkeys once a year

[h1]  [/h1]

Didn't donnie Walsh just finish putting the finishing touches on the pacers?
Luis scola?
Evan turner? To an already championship caliber team?

In b4 they suck right now

which players on the team don't have CAA ties?
Assistant general manager Allan Houston, Mike Woodson, player personnel director Mark Warkentien, Carmelo Anthony are CAA clients.

& I believe JR Smith is also represented by CAA if my memory serves me correct.

Luis scola?

yeah i'm not down with dudes coming out now trying to cut down donnie walsh's rep here

pacers have become a prominent team while the knicks have gone backwards during the time he's gone back to working for them. is that a coincidence?

can't blame him for the stat deal after the fact. looking back on it, it was unfortunate stat crumbled, but no one could've foretold that. it was done to attract other players, which did happen. the synnergy/timing was just off. 

it didn't work out, but there were lots of other fumbles along the way that had nothing to do with him, namely chauncey billups' amnesty

walsh's tenure with the knicks was abbreviated by a terrible owner who didn't want to cave. that where the relationship soured and that's when the knicks went downhill

yeah i'm not down with dudes coming out now trying to cut down donnie walsh's rep here

pacers have become a prominent team while the knicks have gone backwards during the time he's gone back to working for them. is that a coincidence?

can't blame him for the stat deal after the fact. looking back on it, it was unfortunate stat crumbled, but no one could've foretold that. it was done to attract other players, which did happen. the synnergy/timing was just off. 
it didn't work out, but there were lots of other fumbles along the way that had nothing to do with him, namely chauncey billups' amnesty
walsh's tenure with the knicks was abbreviated by a terrible owner who didn't want to cave. that where the relationship soured and that's when the knicks went downhill

Not cutting his rep. He's a great GM and I respect what he did here, but he's no savior either. He's never won anything.

If Phil has total control, he will win in NY. He has no GM experience, but damn near hand picked the players in CHI and LA.

i hope people are keeping tabs of what trolls like chris broussard, stephen a smith, marc berman and others like them have been putting out during all this

they get away with way too much 

"One Knicks player recently told ESPN.com that the CAA ties were a problem in the locker room.

"You see how guys from CAA are treated differently," the player said. "How they get away with saying certain things to coaches. How coaches talk to them differently than they talk to the other guys. It's a problem.""

I find this to be very interesting.
I find it disturbing.

Get rid of them all.
Luis scola?

After Larry Bird put in that work? Yeah sure.

Also, they're not a championship caliber team until they actually reach the finals and compete.

Back
Top Bottom