Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
You can always go back and forth with this ******ed argument. Ex: If Melo had Shaq they'd win a ring or two also.

Easier to trust Shaq, Pau, Bynum, Fisher, etc instead of Raymond ******* Felton and JR Smith.

Last edited:
Y'all had the perfect person for the job in Donnie and y'all forced him out :smh:

Please , giving amare that ludicrous contract and drafting poorly got him fired.

As ludicrous as that contract was, it made NYK relevant again and paved the way for Tyson and Mel to even look at coming there. Besides that, he took a shot at all of the top 4 big named FA's that season (besides JJ) you can't be mad that Amare jumped on the offer that Bosh didn't.

As far as that getting him fired, I think it was more to do with Dolan forcing that Melo trade down his throat than the other two, but I'm on the outside looking in so what do i know.

Yea, I was always under the impression that the Melo trade was the straw that broke the camels back

You can always go back and forth with this ******ed argument. Ex: If Melo had Shaq they'd win a ring or two also.

Easier to trust Shaq, Pau, Bynum, Fisher, etc instead of Raymond ******* Felton and JR Smith.
exactly, which is why it was pointless to even bring Kobe up just to argue. I was focusing on Melo only. I do watch the games and I'm not crazy
laugh.gif

Yea, I was always under the impression that the Melo trade was the straw that broke the camels back
Donnie felt they should have waited because Melo was going to sign anyway. Dolan didn't want to wait and gave up real help because he was impatient. Donnie decided to resign because of that. Dolan is a dummy.

Yeah ya'll getting mad at Donnie for the wrong reasons. No Amare = No Melo or Chandler.

Donnie did what he had to do to keep this team above water and in the back of the mind of other players coming upon free agency. Hindsight is what has you all upset. Had he decided not to make any of those moves we would've went several seasons being bad as usual.

Besides the fact that Donnie was doing a good job is the respect factor, which for us was just as important.  GMs and players know and respect Donnie Walsh.  That counts for a whole lot in making things happen in the NBA.  Counts even more when you've been as much of a joke as we have over the last couple years  decades.  Same reason people are pining for Phil, we want someone who can lend credibility to the franchise. 

eyes.gif
 spare me all the sports science junk. I get you want to defend your boy, but Melo has been this since college. He's a ball stopper period. He would have to buy into the triangle offense if it ever came to that, even that would take a while. I don't need any nuanced quantifiers to try and convince me what my eyes have been showing me about his game for the last 11 years. Triangle = you have to trust your teammates, he needs to do that more also.
And if you don't trust them you gotta be willing to punch 'em in the face Like Jordan! LOL I'll admit that after watching Melo play the last couple years my opinion of his game has changed in regards to his defense.

Last edited:
donnie was a good gm but he wasnt great... he just looked good because of the mess he took over that isiah left... he signed amare to that crazy contract but i guess it was good because it brought respect back to the knicks and got tyson and melo... i agree with that part but still he failed to land lebron and he drafted jordan hill... we needed a point guard badly at that time and jennings would have been a good fit or even ty lawson.... there were plenty of guards to choose from in that draft but we picked jordan hill... then he picked shumpert who is just not that good... why he didnt pick faried is beyond me... did i mention that he traded our first round pick just to ship jordan hill out to houston for an out of his prime tmac...ya it was cool to get under the cap with that move but its not like we landed lebron anyway and we just gave away our first round pick along with our lottery pick which was jordan hill...

on another note tyson not playing today :smh:

Donnie signed Amar'e Stoudmire to a 100 mil contract uninsured. Look how that turned out. Perfect my ***.

Bottom line he made assurances to Dolan he couldn't keep and he got fired.

My questions about Donnie (srsly, not being sarcastic):

1. Who was behind hiring D'antoni? ... 2. Who drafted Jordan Hill? ... 3. Who made that T-Mac trade?

Cuz I know the Melo trade was on Dolan and IT. Donnie brought hope and stability and respectability back. But if all of that was him, like I thought it was, he made some real mistakes too. No apocalyptic ones like paying JR and Fatboy, or trading for Bargs, but still.

Last edited:
Donnie signed Amar'e Stoudmire to a 100 mil contract uninsured. Look how that turned out. Perfect my ***.

Look what it took to even get them at that point, he did a damn good job. Not too many could have done what he did. At least credit him for that.
Damn good job aint perfect. I'm definitely not pining for the days of Donnie Walsh. He chose Pringles to coach the future of the Knicks. Yeah we got better for STAT for a while but his assurances that did not pan through is what caused Dolan to force the Melo trade in the first place.

I'm not going to base how good a GM is cuz he took a ****** team and made them decent. Decent aint impressive. The next step is to make the team elite (he only had one chance to do it) and he didn't do that.

I also hope yall keep in mind if PJ gets this job he'll probably get in between the same time Donnie got, if he befriends Dolan he make get as long as Zeke, probably longer with no scandals and if he don't say anything to the media. If the team isn't title contenders by then he'll get fired too.

Damn good job aint perfect. I'm definitely not pining for the days of Donnie Walsh. He chose Pringles to coach the future of the Knicks. Yeah we got better for STAT for a while but his assurances that did not pan through is what caused Dolan to force the Melo trade in the first place.

I'm not going to base how good a GM is cuz he took a ****** team and made them decent. Decent aint impressive. The next step is to make the team elite (he only had one chance to do it) and he didn't do that.

I also hope yall keep in mind if PJ gets this job he'll probably get in between the same time Donnie got, if he befriends Dolan he make get as long as Zeke, probably longer with no scandals and if he don't say anything to the media. If the team isn't title contenders by then he'll get fired too.
Donnie Walsh didn't get to make the team elite because Dolan blew up his plans by insisting he trade all his assets for Melo so he could grasp mediocrity before it vanished.  And many Knick fans supported that awful move at the time because they wanted to "win now".  You best believe that was NOT Donnie Walsh's plan when he took that job.

My questions about Donnie (srsly, not being sarcastic):

1. Who was behind hiring D'antoni? ... 2. Who drafted Jordan Hill? ... 3. Who made that T-Mac trade?

Cuz I know the Melo trade was on Dolan and IT. Donnie brought hope and stability and respectability back. But if all of that was him, like I thought it was, he made some real mistakes too. No apocalyptic ones like paying JR and Fatboy, or trading for Bargs, but still.
That's all I'm really saying. Dudes looking back on Donnie's tenure with rose colored glasses. Like everything that was good was him and everything that was bad was Dolan.

Lets keep in mind just about anybody coming here after Zeke would be praised for making us respectable again.

Then dudes want to act like he put the Pacers where they are like that wasn't Larry Bird.

Donnie Walsh didn't get to make the team elite because Dolan blew up his plans by insisting he trade all his assets for Melo so he could grasp mediocrity before it vanished.  And many Knick fans supported that awful move at the time because they wanted to "win now".  You best believe that was NOT Donnie Walsh's plan when he took that job.
Like I said he had one chance and he failed. He put all his hopes in FA, specifically Bron, and did not have a sound backup plan to have Dolan back off.

Last edited:
Like I said he had one chance and he failed. He put all his hopes in FA, specifically Bron, and did not have a sound backup plan to have Dolan back off.
Waiting for Carmelo to sign in FA would have been a solid backup plan.  So would using those assets to make a play for Paul, James Harden, for future picks, etc.  You have no idea what was next before Dolan blew it all up.  Good teams are built slowly- look at the Pacers.  Heat/Celtics situations are once in a blue moon and many  some Knick fans seemed to think throwing everything away for Carmelo and Tyson Chandler was somehow the equivalent (I know many smart fans also were not happy about the trade).

Last edited:
Well according to Chris Broussard, it looks like Phil is likely to take the job. Which means absolutely nothing.

& Donnie Walsh def. Made his mistakes. He gets too much praise for making a bad team mediocre. Just my 2 cents though.

Last edited:
Waiting for Carmelo to sign in FA would have been a solid backup plan.  So would using those assets to make a play for Paul, James Harden, for future picks, etc.  You have no idea what was next before Dolan blew it all up.  Good teams are built slowly- look at the Pacers.  Heat/Celtics situations are once in a blue moon and many some Knick fans seemed to think throwing everything away for Carmelo and Tyson Chandler was somehow the equivalent (I know many smart fans also were not happy about the trade).
I don't have any idea but I know w/e he told him didn't work or convince him slightly with Proky moving to BK and disrespecting the Knicks and the impending lockout and new cba.

I'm not shifting blame off Dolan here. He's the ****tiest owner not named Sterling but Donnie knew who he was working for when he took the job. He stalled with ****** play for a few years, hired the wrong coach, set us up somewhat to be better team wise, didn't get Bron, signed uninsured Amar'e and all this took how many years?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom