Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
I don't have any idea but I know w/e he told him didn't work or convince him slightly with Proky moving to BK and disrespecting the Knicks and the impending lockout and new cba.

I'm not shifting blame off Dolan here. He's the ****tiest owner not named Sterling but Donnie knew who he was working for when he took the job. He stalled with ****** play for a few years, hired the wrong coach, set us up somewhat to be better team wise, didn't get Bron, signed uninsured Amar'e and all this took how many years?
I get what you're saying.  I don't see many of the specifics the same way, but w/e.

To me I see it like the current situation with the GM of the Oakland Raiders.  He inherited a situation so bad that everyone knew it would take a couple years to clean it up.  You can not hold that against Donnie.  And Donnie did a really job cleaning it up, coming out with a team that had .500 talent and a bunch of young assets.

It's from there that things went wrong.  And I 100% blame Dolan for his role in forcing that trade.  You could blame Donnie, but if you look at the results each man has had in other situations, the evidence points one way.

^ That would've thrown the entire franchise into turmoil, he was being a good soldier and parting on amicable terms.

I get what you're saying.  I don't see many of the specifics the same way, but w/e.

To me I see it like the current situation with the GM of the Oakland Raiders.  He inherited a situation so bad that everyone knew it would take a couple years to clean it up.  You can not hold that against Donnie.  And Donnie did a really job cleaning it up, coming out with a team that had .500 talent and a bunch of young assets.

It's from there that things went wrong.  And I 100% blame Dolan for his role in forcing that trade.  You could blame Donnie, but if you look at the results each man has had in other situations, the evidence points one way.

I have to agree with you on this.

Donnie brought us BELOW the cap and we had plenty of young assets at the time, no matter what ESPN was saying at the time.

You guys have to agree that if Dolan waited and not forced the trade to happen, Melo would've went to the Nets. No way Melo was going to wait. Although, maybe us not landing Melo and getting Deron Williams and someone else would've worked out better for us. It's all moot though.

Last edited:
^ That would've thrown the entire franchise into turmoil, he was being a good soldier and parting on amicable terms.

Nah, **** just didn't pan out, so he went & moved to a better situation w/ the Pacers. Who just traded away Granger for Evan Turner for no reason might I add

I have to agree with you on this.

Donnie brought us BELOW the cap and we had plenty of young assets at the time, not matter that ESPN was saying at the time.

You guys have to agree that if Dolan waited and not forced the trade to happen, Melo would've went to the Nets. No way Melo was going to wait.
Yes Donnie got them under the cap, which was basically a magic trick in the time span that he did it in.

Melo wasn't going to Brooklyn at all. He stated that several times. He only had one team in mind--the Knicks.

Nah, **** just didn't pan out, so he went & moved to a better situation w/ the Pacers. Who just traded away Granger for Evan Turner for no reason might I add

But the Pacers won. They something for nothing. Turner can play now.

Last edited:
Well, Donnie was our best GM in last 10 years. To be honest, I think LeBron James and experienced coach were the reason why Donnie chose D'Antoni over Mark Jackson. I am sure you'd do the same thing; picking D'Antoni who has an amazing resume in Phoenix over an inexperienced coach Mark Jackson. LeBron James enjoyed playing under D'Antoni during Olympics. I didn't expect LeBron to take pay cut for playing with Wade and Bosh in Miami. I wanted Amar'e, but not that kind of contract.

You may be right that we should have waited for Carmelo Anthony to become a FA so he can sign with us. It was not like the Knicks had no patience. it was just Melo FORCED the Knicks to trade for him instead of waiting for free agency because he wanted to get a max extension before the new CBA. Trading for him was our only option plus Dolan clearly hates the Nets. Dolan didn't want the Nets to acquire Melo at all. Donnie wanted Melo, but he didn't want to give up too much as well. Simple, Donnie saw what Isiah made mistakes. Isiah gave up too much for Marbury. Giving up first round picks for Curry and Crawford. Look at us now. Everyone points the finger at us and laugh for not having a first round pick for a very deep draft class.

Last edited:

You saying that was a bad trade?
Yes it was. Broke up team chemistry for a guy who averaged subpar numbers on a bad team. Yes it was.
Granger was basically wasn't doing much since coming back from the injury. It's clear the team has moved on and didn't need his contribution, but he still has value. I didn't think the trade was that bad. Moving forward, I think they could survive without him. Paul George took his spot and them some, but if you see it like that, then ok...

Well, Donnie was our best GM in last 10 years. To be honest, I think LeBron James and experienced coach were the reason why Donnie chose D'Antoni over Mark Jackson. I am sure you'd do the same thing; picking D'Antoni who has an amazing resume in Phoenix over an inexperienced coach Mark Jackson. LeBron James enjoyed playing under D'Antoni during Olympics. I didn't expect LeBron to take pay cut for playing with Wade and Bosh in Miami. I wanted Amar'e, but not that kind of contract.

You may be right that we should have waited for Carmelo Anthony to become a FA so he can sign with us. It was not like the Knicks had no patience. it was just Melo FORCED the Knicks to trade for him instead of waiting for free agency because he wanted to get a max extension before the new CBA. Trading for him was our only option plus Dolan clearly hates the Nets. Dolan didn't want the Nets to acquire Melo at all. Donnie wanted Melo, but he didn't want to give up too much as well. Simple, Donnie saw what Isiah made mistakes. Isiah gave up too much for Marbury. Giving up first round picks for Curry and Crawford. Look at us. Everyone points the finger at us and laugh for not having a first round pick for a very deep draft class.
It really bothered me at the time how the Nets seemingly punked the Knicks by forcing them to make the Melo trade and turning around getting Williams right after without having to give up Lopez.  

In retrospect that side of it doesn't look as bad just because Williams has struggled so much with injuries since getting there.  It's still stupid that Dolan would let a rival play head games with him like that.

You may be right that we should have waited for Carmelo Anthony to become a FA so he can sign with us. It was not like the Knicks had no patience. it was just Melo FORCED the Knicks to trade for him instead of waiting for free agency because he wanted to get a max extension before the new CBA. Trading for him was our only option plus Dolan clearly hates the Nets. Dolan didn't want the Nets to acquire Melo at all. Donnie wanted Melo, but he didn't want to give up too much as well. Simple, Donnie saw what Isiah made mistakes. Isiah gave up too much for Marbury. Giving up first round picks for Curry and Crawford. Look at us. Everyone points the finger at us and laugh for not having a first round pick for a very deep draft class.

Mark Jackson panned out well in GS. (No D)'Antoni is in another bad situation w/ the Lakers..

One thing I will say, we were kinda in a lose-lose situation due to the absence of draft pics over the years. But that Jordan Hill selection was the most puzzling thing I've ever seen. Yet some ppl were tryna tell me it wasn't a bad decision :lol:

You saying that was a bad trade?

Yes it was. Broke up team chemistry for a guy who averaged subpar numbers on a bad team. Yes it was.
Granger was basically wasn't doing much since coming back from the injury. It's clear the team has moved on and didn't need his contribution, but he still has value. I didn't think the trade was that bad. Moving forward, I think they could survive without him. Paul George took his spot and them some, but if you see it like that, then ok...

Just my opinion, But they seemed to be very close w/ one another. & Idk if this shows a break in team chemistry, but the Pacers started slumping outta nowhere now... But we all have opinions. I respect it.

^ I honestly don't think trading Granger affected the chemistry that much. He was absent most of the time when they developed their chemisty from that run last year. I was waiting for him to get back to where he was to add to PG, but he just never seemed to get back. I guess a change of scenery helped. Turner is good coming off the bench, behind guys like Lance, Scola etc.

^ I honestly don't think trading Granger affected the chemistry that much. He was absent most of the time when they developed their chemisty from that run last year. I was waiting for him to get back to where he was to add to PG, but he just never seemed to get back. I guess a change of scenery helped. Turner is good coming off the bench, behind guys like Lance, Scola etc.

I get what you're saying, but I don't think the Turner trade would get them over the hump any more than Granger staying would. Just didn't make sense to me. I guess time will tell.

Man, I just want Phil's name to bring some kinda respect to the organization. Plus I think Phil would love living in the Upper East Side lol.

I get what you're saying, but I don't think the Turner trade would get them over the hump any more than Granger staying would. Just didn't make sense to me. I guess time will tell.
Oh nah 
laugh.gif
. If anything Turner is 6 fouls 
laugh.gif
. I think they did it for potential from a younger dude and his contract is soon to expire if anything. They're pretty much set where they are. I think they might have done Granger a favor instead of letting him rot there. 

Oh nah 
laugh.gif
. If anything Turner is 6 fouls 
laugh.gif
. I think they did it for potential from a younger dude and his contract is soon to expire if anything. They're pretty much set where they are. I think they might have done Granger a favor instead of letting him rot there. 
Word. At least Granger can set himself up in another winning setting where get could get more minutes. But **** Granger. Go Knicks lol.

Haha, I know what you mean, 100027. It's no surprise that Prokhorov knows how to play with Dolan's mind. I mean Prokhorov grew up poorly and became rich on his own. Dolan came from a wealthy family. To be honest, every team/player loves using us too much. :lol: :smh: I always thought drafting is Isiah's best ability. Donnie isn't great in drafting. It's cool. I think our scouts should have make an effort if we wanted Brandon Jennings over Jordan Hill.

I think getting Turner is a smart move for the Pacers. It's just in the case if they can't bring Stephenson back next year.

Last edited:
Haha, I know what you mean, 100027. It's no surprise that Prokhorov knows how to play with Dolan's mind. I mean Prokhorov grew up poorly and became rich on his own. Dolan came from a wealthy family. To be honest, every team/player loves using us too much.
laugh.gif
mean.gif
I always thought drafting is Isiah's best ability. Donnie isn't great in drafting. It's cool. I think our scouts should have make an effort if we wanted Brandon Jennings over Jordan Hill.

I think getting Turner is a smart move for the Pacers. It's just in the case if they can't bring Stephenson back next year.
Nah, Lance is priority. You get rid of Turner before you let Lance go. It's funny how Prokhorov can do that and my man runs the team on another continent 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom