Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
The team is poorly constructed. If anything--Chandler is the ONLY player we have that properly fits what Melo needs around him. He needs unselfish, hard working, defensive-minded players around him. Chandler is the ONLY player we have that fits that description. Shumpert would possibly be another player that fits that description, but he's so inconsistent.
That very well may be Tyson's "description", but that SURE as hell ain't what he has offered on the court.  I'm done with him too.

I just realized Melo is averaging 27 9 and 4. Those are MVP numbers if we were a top three seed

26 and 20 last night, a couple hours after putting up 18 first quarter points against our #1 rivals. Couple days after grabbing 16 Bounds.

Son is going so hard only to see his starting back court put up 5 points, 7 rebounds combined.

Gotta be discouraging.
From this standpoint it's the perfect reason for him to leave the team.

He putting in LeBron like effort and the team out here stinking it up.

Anyone here have ideas for how Shump can be used better on offense?

If you're a starting guard in the NBA, you gotta have at least one thing you're good at/specialize in (breaking people off the dribble, spot up shooting, coming off screens, slashing and finishing, getting out in transition, etc.)

He doesn't have a single strength on that end of the floor.

I honestly think that for now he's best with the second unit wreaking havoc on the perimeter (shout out to clyde) with Murry or Prigioni, and turning defense and steals into offense and easy fast break buckets.

Last edited:
chandler is cool but not a big difference maker... id trade chandler and shump and JR for pau and nick young. Thats just me though

chandler is cool but not a big difference maker... id trade chandler and shump and JR for pau and nick young. Thats just me though
Pau and Swaggy P?  Man, get outta here with that
laugh.gif

Plus, as time has proved over and over and over again, stars/All-Stars come here at the tail end of their career and become shells of themselves.  So I'm definitely good on Pau at this point.

I think Chandler is a good fit as well. The problem is the 1 and 2 guard play. Last year when JR was playing 6th man ball and getting good minutes we were competitive. Felton still sucked but had the veteran back up pg. also need to have a healthy team to put on the fl. IMO one of the biggest problems is not having the 2 nd scoring option regular like. Yo 718 where's the next pic? We lost ugly last night.,smh

Tyson Chandler is good but his defense is way overrated. He's not even top 15 in blocks per game, doesn't run the floor well and sometimes rather give an easy foul than contest shots at the rim. Also very weak on the weak side. And at this point with all his durability issues I'm not really against trading him.

Tyson is only valuable on a team where all of the other more important components are solidified (star player, #2 option, bench, coach, and decent defense). When a team has it he comes in as a secondary leader of the team and defensive leader and improves things even more and he's not worth how much we're paying to do what he does either.

The Knicks never had those things in a stable consistent way so of course his flaws and at times uselessness might be more apparent.

I never hated dude but I never had a huge love for his game. When I think of him and it's something positive it's mainly tap back rebounds.

Our chemistry did fizzle when Tyson came back. Maybe he needs some time to work into it. I notice his presence in the lane blocks our drives and he doesn't justify that with enough rebounds. I ain't on no get rid of him bandwagon, but adjustments need to be made.

Ideal lineup for Melo would be something like...

Rondo
Redick
Melo
David West
Noah
Right except I'd have a better transition player at the 2 to run with Rondo. Maybe Iggy?

Anyways, I can't see us putting together a team that well crafted lol.

Yall dudes just making up imaginary scenarios at this point :lol:

I'd love a lot of players on this team but it aint happening. Sure there's a lot of good fits for Melo on other teams but they aint gonna happen cuz they'll have to give up other key parts to get him.

Chandler would be more valuable if we had a guard to create easy attempts for him, same goes for Shump and the rest of the role players.

Melo is the only player who can create for himself consistently, nothing comes easy for him and it starts at the 1 position.

Even a washed up Kidd last season understood how to involve others.

I'm totally down for giving up Shump and w/e else for Rondo.

Then give up Tyson for somebody.

Package Felton, JR and w/e else for Asik.

Try to keep THJR. Aint nobody taking STAT so I aint bothering and I rather see Melo walk than trade him now.

Last edited:
I'm totally down for giving up Shump and w/e else for Rondo.

Then give up Tyson for somebody.

Package Felton, JR and w/e else for Asik.

Try to keep THJR. Aint nobody taking STAT so I aint bothering and I rather see Melo walk than trade him now.

Boston would want THJr too in the Shumpert deal. They'd probably also want a pick too.

Lol yall are wilin with the trade scenarios. Aint nothing gonna happen . Have fun playing GM though.

The real problem is that we lack any type of rhythm or consistency. How many different lineups have we had son? I dont wan to place too much blame on Woodson but goddamn just buckle the hell down and run with a rotation. How many times has he said, "well, we have a lot of options so we're going to adjust accordingly to how they're defending us".

N' just play your players and let the defense adjust to you! You know how mind boggling and difficult it is for players to not know their role? This team has NO identity when Melo is off the floor. We were getting some type of momentum but then suddenly Mike wants to throw some DNPs out.

Im all for competition amongst players but you need to develop some type of cohesion. When homies are out there competing against eachother to show coach they should get PT, sometimes the decisions they make are selfish ones. If Woody really had control over the locker room like he thinks he does, he'd run with 8 or 9 guys and thats it. It's been a difficult year filled with injuries but at some point pleasee put your foot down and call the shots.

It was obvious that the Murry Shump backcourt was our best option defending dribble penetration. Beno Udrih has showed me nothing really to warrant playing time. It's a shame this team is built this way we have too many guards but hey that's why Woodson gets paid the big bucks. Incredible that we're floudering after we found something that worked.

Keep on keepin on knicks fans, yall can jump overboard but im goin down with the ship.

Im all for competition amongst players but you need to develop some type of cohesion. When homies are out there competing against eachother to show coach they should get PT, sometimes the decisions they make are selfish ones. If Woody really had control over the locker room like he thinks he does, he'd run with 8 or 9 guys and thats it. It's been a difficult year filled with injuries but at some point pleasee put your foot down and call the shots.
well expressed. this can't be stressed enough. it's a big part of the problem

Back
Top Bottom