Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters

You're not getting A N Y T H I N G for Carmelo. He's not gonna sign with the team you trade him to because he can't get a max deal. This is why it makes no sense. So for example, you could try to trade him to LAC for Blake Griffin. It won't happen, you would get something back like Matt Barnes for him.

So, let's review why it's not a good idea to trade him.

1. You're not getting anything for him. (The only reason that really matters)
2. We don't know if he's leaving. He might because our team and owner is pathetic BUT you trading him away, is guaranteeing that he doesn't come back.
3. There's not a lot of good teams out there. The west teams that are good, don't have the money. The east teams, you got Chicago and Miami. Maybe Chicago but I don't see him going to Miami.
4. NY is his team. I don't think we'll win a championship but if some how he does it here, that's bigger than any other place. He knows that. This is the best city.
Why wouldn't he be able to get a max deal if he gets traded? When you trade a player you're also trading his contract. That's why Melo forced the trade to the Knicks instead of waiting for free agency to sign for less in 2011.

A team that considers trading for Melo would obviously be a contender who wants to win now and would have to know that Melo would resign. That's why the Clippers make the most sense. Blake and Melo's contract just about match. It'd be the best deal we could get.

If w're trading Melo for bums of course we shouldn't pull the trigger, but this Clippers deal would be the best we get because they are contenders who are in a win now situation.
He can't get a max deal until the offseason. Clippers aren't going to risk giving up their 24 year older poster making dunker that has been improving, sells tickets and jerseys for a player that won't guarantee that he would sign a max with the Clippers. There's just no way they give him up for Carmelo. This is why it makes no sense. You roll the dice with him. Keep him and hope he stays. The east is so terrible, he might stay. If we can somehow get Rondo, great or possibly another star player. I'm still leaning towards him coming back because there isn't many other situations. Lakers are Kobe's team and will be for the next ten years when he doesn't play. I don't see him going to Miami because he would lose the little respect he has and that **** damaged LeBron's legacy. What teams are left? There's a few but not many.
actually, you're the one who makes no sense 
laugh.gif

Melo wouldn't leave the Clipps, and they can just talk to him before the trade and get a verbal agreement from him.

Of course you're going to counter and say, "who knows what can happen he might still leave even though he'd be in a destination city playing for a contender with another superstar." and also, "he can make a verbal agreement and still walk." and the debate would end there when I don't respond to that.

But yea we both agree that we gotta find a way to get Rondo.

Last edited:
Any team in the NBA would LOVE to have Melo. We really don't know/appreciate what we have in a player like Melo. I do agree that we need a PG who can move the ball and control the floor on the offensive end to MAXIMIZE what Melo is capable of. With proper ball movement and spacing--Melo is by far one of the deadliest players in the league. Just look at what happened last year. Sure, he went up against slower PF's, but a lot of his points came from the perimeter against doubles.

You can't trade Melo or let him walk away.

As for todays game--I was at the game and it was actually very pleasant to see Hardaway Jr. and Amare playing so well. JR had a decent game, but took way too many shots again. Shumpert came out to play, maybe because it was on national TV, but he played hard. Those terrible calls he picked up in the beginning stunted what he could do. This has been the story all season for Shumpert. This kid has potential to be a great player in this league. He just needs to be in a system where he can use his strengths. Again, this going back to ball movement and proper spacing.

Amare had another solid game and it's refreshing to see that he can still be an effective player after all those injuries to his knee. It's quite remarkable.

With that said, we NEED to move him now since he's gaining some sort of trade value. If we want to reload next year in free agency, we need more cap space. I'm all for bringing Rondo to the team, but his personality and ego does raise some questions for me.

We have a SOLID roster filled with guys who can put the ball on the floor and score, but defense and our offensive completion is sorely lacking. This falls on the shoulders of Woodson. The man is on the hot seat and he's not the type of coach to come through that kind of adversity. He's the type of coach that can do well without any pressure. Sort of like what happened with MDA left the team.

Season still isn't over and we have time to turn the ship around and get back on track. Tyson is our anchor and we need to get some of rhythm on the offensive end. The defense is another thing we can talk about till the cows come home, but we know how long that discussion can be.

Felton is our X-factor. Whenever he has a solid game, the team plays really well. Honestly, he's been hobbled all season long and the same can be said with JR, Amare and Tyson. You're going to struggle when all your main players are injured. I'm not surprised one bit with our performance thus far.

Give the team a healthy run and I think we can get back to .500 basketball.

BTW, I had no idea my NYK family thought so low of me and Nycknicks105 :lol:

I don't make sense? So a man that has said repeatedly that he wants to test free agency is gonna verbally agree to the Clippers? Clippers are also gonna trade a 24 year old that averages more rebs and a couple fewer points on less shots? I also don't even know what LACs salary cap is like.

Ballerific - if Melo was hypothetically traded to the Clippers there is not a chance he'd leave next year. Come on, him and CP3 have been wanting to play together for years. He'd re-sign for the max and chase a championship.

As to whether or not the Clippers would give up Blake, I'm with you. The owner loves Blake, Blake put them on the map and he'd stop it from happening. But the owner might change his mind if two people get involved, that's Chris Paul & Doc Rivers. If they know Melo is on the market, they'd for sure want him, they'd trade Blake for him right now. Forget Blake's stats right now, he's not getting you to the finals, he has no half court game. You don't think CP3 or Doc know this? They're smart.

It makes sense, whether you want to admit it or not.

I really hope if we're trying for a rondo deal their GMs only heard of the shumpert hype and knows nothing about Hardaway

Back
Top Bottom