Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Michaelangelo (silly one)

• C. Leonardo (the leader)

• D. Donatello (The smart one)

• Total voters
So we get blown out without Carmelo but we're still talking about trading Carmelo
roll.gif
It pains me but we honestly have to entertain the thought. Cause if I'm Melo, I bail on this ishtshow. And then we get nothing.

So we get blown out without Carmelo but we're still talking about trading Carmelo :rofl:

Fine.

I guess we'll wait for another game Melo plays and we still get blown out. Shouldn't be long lol.

But that trade deadline is 2 months away brotha.

Last edited:
@IanBegley: Tyson was asked about holes on #Knicks defense: "If I started (explaining) them all I wouldn’t make it home & allow my kids to open gifts."

:rofl:

So we get blown out without Carmelo but we're still talking about trading Carmelo :rofl:
Some dudes are completely deluded about why this team sucks so they're willing to do a sideways deal to get rid of a player they feel is a problem. I don't think those ppl will ever change so even if we had a better player they'd still complain.

Some dudes are completely deluded about why this team sucks so they're willing to do a sideways deal to get rid of a player they feel is a problem. I don't think those ppl will ever change so even if we had a better player they'd still complain.

Clearly said if it's looking like Melo will walk then u gotta move him. Same way Denver did.

Imo this cores not working out anyways, and we desperately need a way to acquire an all-star level PG. The only one that seems available is Rondo.

Last edited:

Clearly said if it's looking like Melo will walk then u gotta move him. Same way Denver did.

Imo this cores not working out anyways, and we desperately need a way to acquire an all-star level PG. The only one that seems available is Rondo.
I'm fine with letting Melo work. I don't want trash in return. I'd be happy with the cap space and nothing else.

Maybe instead of always trying to get something for something we should just clear all of that karma and start with a complete clean slate.

I mean even if we trade Melo for some good players or assets to be traded in the future we still don't got a 1st round draft pick until 2030.

Last edited:
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but if Melo walks don't we have a decent amount of cap space?

while i'm not necessarily for getting rid of carmelo, the team isn't gonna get out of the hole its in by giving melo another contract that constricts their ability to sign other competent players

beggars can't be choosy. knicks are in a bind and i'm pretty sure all other team GMs know that enough to wanna fleece the knicks in negotiations

You're not getting A N Y T H I N G for Carmelo. He's not gonna sign with the team you trade him to because he can't get a max deal. This is why it makes no sense. So for example, you could try to trade him to LAC for Blake Griffin. It won't happen, you would get something back like Matt Barnes for him.

So, let's review why it's not a good idea to trade him.

1. You're not getting anything for him. (The only reason that really matters)
2. We don't know if he's leaving. He might because our team and owner is pathetic BUT you trading him away, is guaranteeing that he doesn't come back.
3. There's not a lot of good teams out there. The west teams that are good, don't have the money. The east teams, you got Chicago and Miami. Maybe Chicago but I don't see him going to Miami.
4. NY is his team. I don't think we'll win a championship but if some how he does it here, that's bigger than any other place. He knows that. This is the best city.

Its not that serious play this yr out and next then get someone during free agency. Melo doesnt have to wait that long to get another superstar here. Its not a total rebuild plan. Rondo, gasol and aldrich are good players to build around melo. No need to trade him

You're not getting A N Y T H I N G for Carmelo. He's not gonna sign with the team you trade him to because he can't get a max deal. This is why it makes no sense. So for example, you could try to trade him to LAC for Blake Griffin. It won't happen, you would get something back like Matt Barnes for him.

2. We don't know if he's leaving. He might because our team and owner is pathetic BUT you trading him away, is guaranteeing that he doesn't come back.
3. There's not a lot of good teams out there. The west teams that are good, don't have the money. The east teams, you got Chicago and Miami. Maybe Chicago but I don't see him going to Miami.
4. NY is his team. I don't think we'll win a championship but if some how he does it here, that's bigger than any other place. He knows that. This is the best city.
Lakers?

^ Lakers are terrible. Their owner is terrible, no cap space, no talent AND it's Kobe's town. I never thought he would go there but it's possible. Buss' son is a joke. He doesn't know what he's doing so I don't think Carmelo would go there. If he stays in NY, he has a chance to get help.

Amar'e's defensive ******ation outweighs his offensive talent.

Melo isn't gong anywhere.

This roster and coach is terrible.

Tough being a Knicks fan.

Last edited:

Why wouldn't he be able to get a max deal if he gets traded? When you trade a player you're also trading his contract. That's why Melo forced the trade to the Knicks instead of waiting for free agency to sign for less in 2011.

A team that considers trading for Melo would obviously be a contender who wants to win now and would have to know that Melo would resign. That's why the Clippers make the most sense. Blake and Melo's contract just about match. It'd be the best deal we could get.

If w're trading Melo for bums of course we shouldn't pull the trigger, but this Clippers deal would be the best we get because they are contenders who are in a win now situation.

Last edited:
I could kinda see a Melo trade to the rockets

Yea I can totally see it because of how much more fun it would make the nba and the rockets.

That was 100% sarcastic by the way..there's literally no scenario that would work and make sense.

Last edited:

Why wouldn't he be able to get a max deal if he gets traded? When you trade a player you're also trading his contract. That's why Melo forced the trade to the Knicks instead of waiting for free agency to sign for less in 2011.

A team that considers trading for Melo would obviously be a contender who wants to win now and would have to know that Melo would resign. That's why the Clippers make the most sense. Blake and Melo's contract just about match. It'd be the best deal we could get.

If w're trading Melo for bums of course we shouldn't pull the trigger, but this Clippers deal would be the best we get because they are contenders who are in a win now situation.

He can't get a max deal until the offseason. Clippers aren't going to risk giving up their 24 year older poster making dunker that has been improving, sells tickets and jerseys for a player that won't guarantee that he would sign a max with the Clippers. There's just no way they give him up for Carmelo. This is why it makes no sense. You roll the dice with him. Keep him and hope he stays. The east is so terrible, he might stay. If we can somehow get Rondo, great or possibly another star player. I'm still leaning towards him coming back because there isn't many other situations. Lakers are Kobe's team and will be for the next ten years when he doesn't play. I don't see him going to Miami because he would lose the little respect he has and that **** damaged LeBron's legacy. What teams are left? There's a few but not many.

while i'm not necessarily for getting rid of carmelo, the team isn't gonna get out of the hole its in by giving melo another contract that constricts their ability to sign other competent players

beggars can't be choosy. knicks are in a bind and i'm pretty sure all other team GMs know that enough to wanna fleece the knicks in negotiations
The other thing instead of rebuilding is simply looking at our team after STAT's contract is off the books (even if he resigns I doubt it'll be anywhere near 40 mil multi years) so even if we just look to retool on the go we could be a decent 2-5 seed again and not for East standards but 10 games over .500 decent. If we just go for Rondo then we'll be back in the same contractual bind we've been in the past few years so if the team still sucks we won't be able to do much again other than bring in some back up pgs, subpar or serviceable big men, and other d-league type players.

I'm not a fan of this simply cuz I know once Blake gets here he'll become injury prone and turn in to a hybrid STAT/McDyess. So that's another bloated contract player on our team that can't take us anywhere on his own like Melo could at least do. I can't even get in to how useless Blake is without a great pg, one which we don't have.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom