NY METS 2011 POST: Jose Reyes wins National League Batting Crown

I read the whole thing and commented on it too, I agree.  I don't wish ill upon them but I almost hope that the lawsuit at the very least causes them to give up control in the Mets.  It has to happen at this point, they're just stubborn as "fans" of the team.
Originally Posted by Proshares

He's played over 140 games the last two seasons, what the hell are you talking about?  He missed time in 06 and has been injured this year.  He's maybe a slightly better baserunner but there's no way in HELL Wright is a better defender, Zimmerman got robbed of a GG the year Wright won.

Mez, crosstown players got murdered for bad "demeanor" in the playoffs this decade.  Like I said, the only thing I disagree with is his take on Beltran because that's not his place to say.  But it's not like he's saying the dude is washed up, he's saying he's 65% of what he was and if you watched Beltran in KC and Houston you know he's right.
I don't agree with either Wright being the best 3rd baseman or Zimmerman being injury-prone...but look at Reyes' numbers and games played.  It's very short-sighted and irresponsible of Wilpon to make those comments to a reported, especially at this point in the season with everything else that's going on.  Maybe you can't see that as a Yankee fan.

It's like a manager or coach telling the media he doesn't think his guys have what it takes before the playoffs.  Unless you're Phil Jackson, it's just not a good idea and the Wilpons don't exactly have the best track record for running this team.

He's basically sealed the deal that Reyes won't be back, which I think is stupid, and he's probably even affected his trade value with that single comment.  He's either gonna have to go out and get a shortstop and/or someone that can fill Reyes' role or continue losing.

I read the whole thing and commented on it too, I agree.  I don't wish ill upon them but I almost hope that the lawsuit at the very least causes them to give up control in the Mets.  It has to happen at this point, they're just stubborn as "fans" of the team.

He's played over 140 games the last two seasons, what the hell are you talking about?  He missed time in 06 and has been injured this year.  He's maybe a slightly better baserunner but there's no way in HELL Wright is a better defender, Zimmerman got robbed of a GG the year Wright won.

Mez, crosstown players got murdered for bad "demeanor" in the playoffs this decade.  Like I said, the only thing I disagree with is his take on Beltran because that's not his place to say.  But it's not like he's saying the dude is washed up, he's saying he's 65% of what he was and if you watched Beltran in KC and Houston you know he's right.
I don't agree with either Wright being the best 3rd baseman or Zimmerman being injury-prone...but look at Reyes' numbers and games played.  It's very short-sighted and irresponsible of Wilpon to make those comments to a reported, especially at this point in the season with everything else that's going on.  Maybe you can't see that as a Yankee fan.

It's like a manager or coach telling the media he doesn't think his guys have what it takes before the playoffs.  Unless you're Phil Jackson, it's just not a good idea and the Wilpons don't exactly have the best track record for running this team.

He's basically sealed the deal that Reyes won't be back, which I think is stupid, and he's probably even affected his trade value with that single comment.  He's either gonna have to go out and get a shortstop and/or someone that can fill Reyes' role or continue losing.

Scars,

Me being a Yankee fan has nothing to do with it. Like I said in my original post, I think it was wrong for him to come out and say that no matter how comfortable you feel with a reporter. I just don't think what he was saying was necessarily wrong. Reyes isn't worth a 9 figure contract. But I agree with the rest of your post. They're killing Alderson because he basically has no move on the Reyes market. No one is going to give up any kind of decent prospect when they know the Mets have no plans to resign him.

Thing is with selling the team, all the offers are being rescinded because the people making the offers want full control of the team and they're not getting that guarantee.

Scars,

Me being a Yankee fan has nothing to do with it. Like I said in my original post, I think it was wrong for him to come out and say that no matter how comfortable you feel with a reporter. I just don't think what he was saying was necessarily wrong. Reyes isn't worth a 9 figure contract. But I agree with the rest of your post. They're killing Alderson because he basically has no move on the Reyes market. No one is going to give up any kind of decent prospect when they know the Mets have no plans to resign him.

Thing is with selling the team, all the offers are being rescinded because the people making the offers want full control of the team and they're not getting that guarantee.

Wouldn't shock me if NOBODY is traded by the deadline and the Mets just get their draft picks.

Wouldn't shock me if NOBODY is traded by the deadline and the Mets just get their draft picks.

Btw, I thought everything he said was on point. It's just in very poor taste for the owner of the Mets to all of a sudden grow some balls and criticize these guys harshly NOW, when they're on their way out of the door. Like where was this during the '07/'08 slides? If he had done it then maybe we would look at it as motivation for these guys to be better the next time around. Don't wait until you to fall into all this trouble financially then when you can't afford to pay people anymore now you have a problem.. That's laughable and I can't imagine ANY FA's wanting to come anywhere near Citi Field until the power has shifted.
30t6p3b.gif

Btw, I thought everything he said was on point. It's just in very poor taste for the owner of the Mets to all of a sudden grow some balls and criticize these guys harshly NOW, when they're on their way out of the door. Like where was this during the '07/'08 slides? If he had done it then maybe we would look at it as motivation for these guys to be better the next time around. Don't wait until you to fall into all this trouble financially then when you can't afford to pay people anymore now you have a problem.. That's laughable and I can't imagine ANY FA's wanting to come anywhere near Citi Field until the power has shifted.
30t6p3b.gif

Scars,

I think it does to some extent because you don't see the side of the fan who's going through all this.  Those of us who are rational who don't necessarily think his comments are inaccurate but also don't care about whether his statements are true, it's the fact that he said them at all.  You might think that it's the opposite and that we're irrational, but we're FANS.  We're allowed to be emotional, as the owner it's simply about the fact that he said anything at all.  If he'd been this way all along, though the (limited) good times, but he goes out and does a 12 page interview to improve image and in the meantime does even more to hurt the team.  There's no way around that at this point.

Even though Beltran isn't 100% of what he used to be...he's 7 years removed from those days as a Royal/Astro.  Even if Reyes isn't gonna get Crawford money, he's actually been on the field quite a bit aside from 2009.  Even if Wright isn't a superstar OR as good as say Zimmerman, THEY'VE made him the face of the franchise.  It was the Wilpons and their employees fault that they've got Perez, Castillo, etc contracts on the books and they're bleeding cash.  Just *$#! and deal with it behind closed doors.

It's not anti-Yankees thing that I'm saying, you seem like you're objective.  It's just what is supposed to be a big-market team that is now handcuffed by ownership.  I don't want or feel they need to go out and just spend uncontrollably but they're just handcuffing themselves with this circus and uncertainty.

Scars,

I think it does to some extent because you don't see the side of the fan who's going through all this.  Those of us who are rational who don't necessarily think his comments are inaccurate but also don't care about whether his statements are true, it's the fact that he said them at all.  You might think that it's the opposite and that we're irrational, but we're FANS.  We're allowed to be emotional, as the owner it's simply about the fact that he said anything at all.  If he'd been this way all along, though the (limited) good times, but he goes out and does a 12 page interview to improve image and in the meantime does even more to hurt the team.  There's no way around that at this point.

Even though Beltran isn't 100% of what he used to be...he's 7 years removed from those days as a Royal/Astro.  Even if Reyes isn't gonna get Crawford money, he's actually been on the field quite a bit aside from 2009.  Even if Wright isn't a superstar OR as good as say Zimmerman, THEY'VE made him the face of the franchise.  It was the Wilpons and their employees fault that they've got Perez, Castillo, etc contracts on the books and they're bleeding cash.  Just *$#! and deal with it behind closed doors.

It's not anti-Yankees thing that I'm saying, you seem like you're objective.  It's just what is supposed to be a big-market team that is now handcuffed by ownership.  I don't want or feel they need to go out and just spend uncontrollably but they're just handcuffing themselves with this circus and uncertainty.

^ The 3 errors killed us in the 2nd inning.

Wanted to share a funny cartoon I saw this morning from ESPN.
pg2_e_cap0524b_576.jpg

^ The 3 errors killed us in the 2nd inning.

Wanted to share a funny cartoon I saw this morning from ESPN.
pg2_e_cap0524b_576.jpg

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

Scars,

Ah, I get how you meant it now.  Agree with you there.

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

Scars,

Ah, I get how you meant it now.  Agree with you there.

Repole's gonna buy the Mets, it's just a matter of when. We need this whole lawsuit thing to speed up so Freddy boy has no choice but to make a move.

Back
Top Bottom