NT, You're on the jury...

Originally Posted by CreateDestroy

Originally Posted by Spidermachine916

where was the other kid shot?
if it was in the head he was already dead and he just was shooting at a dead body

i personally think he should have been rewarded... he took out a  bad person who was clearly down the wrong path.
give that guy a medal... he did society a favor.
NOT guilty

I hope you're not American

Jeebus
laugh.gif

What was the defense's argument to why he went back to shoot the defenseless kid?

I don't want to say murder because the kid went in there to rob him, but what else can it be?

He saw him laying there so he shot him. I say manslaughter. He shouldn't get life in prison.

What was the defense's argument to why he went back to shoot the defenseless kid?

I don't want to say murder because the kid went in there to rob him, but what else can it be?

He saw him laying there so he shot him. I say manslaughter. He shouldn't get life in prison.

He became a murderer the second he decided to reload and fire 5 more rounds into the robbers body as he lay helpless on the floor.

He became a murderer the second he decided to reload and fire 5 more rounds into the robbers body as he lay helpless on the floor.

Can't do that. Defending what's yours is one thing, but that was effectively premeditated murder.

He should be punished.

It is a shame, however, that the actions of one piece of human garbage forced the defendant's hand and now two lives are lost.

Can't do that. Defending what's yours is one thing, but that was effectively premeditated murder.

He should be punished.

It is a shame, however, that the actions of one piece of human garbage forced the defendant's hand and now two lives are lost.

Originally Posted by thacamel

So its the store owners responsibility to stand there, and stare at him until the police get there? Didn't read where this happened, but in some cities, he would have had to wait HOURS for the police to get there. So he is supposed to close his store and wait for the police because this punk decided to rob him? I don't think so. He shoulda thought of that before deciding to rob someone
Closing up shop and waiting maybe hours > killing someone in cold blood
He exercised his rights of self defense after the initial shooting... but he went above and beyond what was necessary when he shot him again. 

ncjamn wrote:

In the article posted, the defendant said the criminal on the ground was still moving, but unless he was moving towards his gun or in an attempt to hurt the store owner, it still doesn't justify his actions. It was the fact that he defended himself, chased the other criminal, THEN came back in, saw the wounded criminal, went to get a 2nd gun, THEN shot him again... that was deliberate and with intention. It seems like the defense was arguing still for self-defense and that the criminal posed a threat, maybe if they tried arguing for something else it would have been different.

So its the store owners responsibility to stand there, and stare at him until the police get there? Didn't read where this happened, but in some cities, he would have had to wait HOURS for the police to get there. So he is supposed to close his store and wait for the police because this punk decided to rob him? I don't think so. He shoulda thought of that before deciding to rob someone
Closing up shop and waiting maybe hours > killing someone in cold blood
He exercised his rights of self defense after the initial shooting... but he went above and beyond what was necessary when he shot him again. 

ncjamn wrote:

In the article posted, the defendant said the criminal on the ground was still moving, but unless he was moving towards his gun or in an attempt to hurt the store owner, it still doesn't justify his actions. It was the fact that he defended himself, chased the other criminal, THEN came back in, saw the wounded criminal, went to get a 2nd gun, THEN shot him again... that was deliberate and with intention. It seems like the defense was arguing still for self-defense and that the criminal posed a threat, maybe if they tried arguing for something else it would have been different.

Originally Posted by KrazyChino

Only in the United States do criminals have more rights than the victims SMFH
New Zealand is a shocker. "Life" is like twelve to eighteen years.

This guy is in the wrong. He was right until he went for the other gun. Why even go back and get a second gun? I don't understand that part; had he used up all the bullets in the other one? Trigger happy is all I can say. He lost it; it's cold blooded murder when the kid was on the ground, incapacitated. I didn't even see if the kid that got shot had a gun. He stayed behind the kid with the gun the whole time.

Dude deserves a life sentence.

Originally Posted by KrazyChino

Only in the United States do criminals have more rights than the victims SMFH
New Zealand is a shocker. "Life" is like twelve to eighteen years.

This guy is in the wrong. He was right until he went for the other gun. Why even go back and get a second gun? I don't understand that part; had he used up all the bullets in the other one? Trigger happy is all I can say. He lost it; it's cold blooded murder when the kid was on the ground, incapacitated. I didn't even see if the kid that got shot had a gun. He stayed behind the kid with the gun the whole time.

Dude deserves a life sentence.

Guilty for the reasons everyone already mentioned.

A life sentence seems excessive though given the circumstances. I would have hit him with a flat 10.

Guilty for the reasons everyone already mentioned.

A life sentence seems excessive though given the circumstances. I would have hit him with a flat 10.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

Legally, murder.

I think it should be allowed though.  He just guaranteed that teen would never pull a gun on someone else ever again.
I see where you're coming from, but I disagree.
The kid was already down and defenseless. It was over, and I'm pretty sure if he hadn't killed that teenager, the teen would then think twice before pullin such stunts ever again. Of course, all hypothetical because thats not what happened and it was downright savage to end the teens life right then and there. How do you do that? I can't process how you take down the robber and then finish him when the robber wasn't armed to begin with. I could understand finishing him if he had a gun and was on some of that last stand type steez, but he wasn't. Murder.
Yeah... but he DID kill him.  So i'm POSITIVE he won't be pulling that stunt again.

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

Legally, murder.

I think it should be allowed though.  He just guaranteed that teen would never pull a gun on someone else ever again.
I see where you're coming from, but I disagree.
The kid was already down and defenseless. It was over, and I'm pretty sure if he hadn't killed that teenager, the teen would then think twice before pullin such stunts ever again. Of course, all hypothetical because thats not what happened and it was downright savage to end the teens life right then and there. How do you do that? I can't process how you take down the robber and then finish him when the robber wasn't armed to begin with. I could understand finishing him if he had a gun and was on some of that last stand type steez, but he wasn't. Murder.
Yeah... but he DID kill him.  So i'm POSITIVE he won't be pulling that stunt again.

He shouldn't have gone back and lit the dude up, otherwise he was in the clear. He shouldn't have chased after the other dude either

He shouldn't have gone back and lit the dude up, otherwise he was in the clear. He shouldn't have chased after the other dude either

I really don't get some of yalls rationale. How was he supposed to know for sure if the robber had a gun or not? There are a bunch of places he could have been stashing a gun and waiting for the store owner to turn around before pulling it out. I kinda understand where you guys are coming from, but I definitely don't think the store owner was that much in the wrong. Maybe a little, but as I said before, if its my life or yours, its yours if I have any say in it

I really don't get some of yalls rationale. How was he supposed to know for sure if the robber had a gun or not? There are a bunch of places he could have been stashing a gun and waiting for the store owner to turn around before pulling it out. I kinda understand where you guys are coming from, but I definitely don't think the store owner was that much in the wrong. Maybe a little, but as I said before, if its my life or yours, its yours if I have any say in it

It all comes down to intent. What was his intentions of chasing a person with a gun? Who does that?

I'm from Oklahoma, its called ego, its called pride. It's a statewide mentality that goes back to the blankets with smallpox days. That is why that man shot that kid.

It all comes down to intent. What was his intentions of chasing a person with a gun? Who does that?

I'm from Oklahoma, its called ego, its called pride. It's a statewide mentality that goes back to the blankets with smallpox days. That is why that man shot that kid.

Originally Posted by newbery158

puts on ski mask AFTER they run in the store?!?!?!

Exactly, its quite obvious these kids have never robbed a store before. The clerk saw that and smelled blood. I take it the clerk emptied his clip in public too, could have hit anyone. Just like he wanted to set an example by killing the young robber, Oklahoma needs to start setting an example with the clerk by giving this guy life. The "make my day law" has no real world justice in it. I know Oklahoma City is trying to grow as a city and as a culture, and they can start here. Matter of fact, I am very surprised by this ruling. Typical oklahoma law would brush this under the rug.And BTW, he will probably be pardoned considering the support he is getting on Facebook and petitions. I would voice your opinions.

Originally Posted by newbery158

puts on ski mask AFTER they run in the store?!?!?!

Exactly, its quite obvious these kids have never robbed a store before. The clerk saw that and smelled blood. I take it the clerk emptied his clip in public too, could have hit anyone. Just like he wanted to set an example by killing the young robber, Oklahoma needs to start setting an example with the clerk by giving this guy life. The "make my day law" has no real world justice in it. I know Oklahoma City is trying to grow as a city and as a culture, and they can start here. Matter of fact, I am very surprised by this ruling. Typical oklahoma law would brush this under the rug.And BTW, he will probably be pardoned considering the support he is getting on Facebook and petitions. I would voice your opinions.

Back
Top Bottom