NT, You're on the jury...

Originally Posted by ItsGettinHot

I don't understand where ya'll are coming from at all.

He just guaranteed that teenager will never threaten someone's life with a gun ever again. 

That wasn't his decision to make. It's murder plain and simple..

He just guaranteed that teenager will never threaten someone's life with a gun ever again. 

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

unless this was in Texas 
laugh.gif

when you get older you realize how certain things are really a slippery slope and how certain lines are blurred

unless this was in Texas 
laugh.gif

when you get older you realize how certain things are really a slippery slope and how certain lines are blurred

You obviously never had a gun pointed at you.  The other guys were the one to put the decision on the table.

You obviously never had a gun pointed at you.  The other guys were the one to put the decision on the table.

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Some great replies in this thread.

I find myself torn about it really.  If a robber see's this on tv they will realize that they shouldn't rob stores because there is a chance they will get murdered.  But if this guy gets life it is basically deterring any sort of self defense and that it is better for the store owner to just hand over the money because if you shoot at the robber there is a chance you could get life.  That is really empowering the criminal here. 

But in this scenario he hit the robber could have called the police and left him on the ground shot.  I don't know if the second robber even had a gun or if he did pose a threat laying there shot but i doubt it.  So i think the guy should get jail time prob 40-50 years.

I disagree about deterring robberies. To me this whole situation just says "shoot first before they do", and we all know that robberies are not suppose to be about killing people...

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Some great replies in this thread.

I find myself torn about it really.  If a robber see's this on tv they will realize that they shouldn't rob stores because there is a chance they will get murdered.  But if this guy gets life it is basically deterring any sort of self defense and that it is better for the store owner to just hand over the money because if you shoot at the robber there is a chance you could get life.  That is really empowering the criminal here. 

But in this scenario he hit the robber could have called the police and left him on the ground shot.  I don't know if the second robber even had a gun or if he did pose a threat laying there shot but i doubt it.  So i think the guy should get jail time prob 40-50 years.

I disagree about deterring robberies. To me this whole situation just says "shoot first before they do", and we all know that robberies are not suppose to be about killing people...

Back
Top Bottom