NT, Who were the greatest and worst Presidents?

Personally, I believe I was the greatest.

The worst was that bum Richard Nixon.

George W BUSH...worse.

it's hard to say who was the best because each president faced different struggles it's more so about how they chose to respond and fix the problemsfor their time period. i think FDR,JFK and Clinton all did things well...maybe there is a better way they could have handled the various dilemnas they facedbut i'm no expert. it's too soon to say Obama is the best...and even if i did say that i'd be seen as "bias" which is probably true.

It's a serious question
eyes.gif

IMO andrew johnson is worst, lincoln best
Originally Posted by dunks87

George W BUSH...worse.

it's hard to say who was the best because each president faced different struggles it's more so about how they chose to respond and fix the problems for their time period. i think FDR,JFK and Clinton all did things well...maybe there is a better way they could have handled the various dilemnas they faced but i'm no expert. it's too soon to say Obama is the best...and even if i did say that i'd be seen as "bias" which is probably true.

far, far too early to judge gwb as "worst"

Originally Posted by Nash

George W BUSH...worse.

it's hard to say who was the best because each president faced different struggles it's more so about how they chose to respond and fix the problems for their time period. i think FDR,JFK and Clinton all did things well...maybe there is a better way they could have handled the various dilemnas they faced but i'm no expert. it's too soon to say Obama is the best...and even if i did say that i'd be seen as "bias" which is probably true.

maybe so but he's def in the top 5 as of now EDIT: post 1600!

Originally Posted by C o IVI p L e X

Originally Posted by yancancook90

someone dead this dude ...

too late.
eek.gif
@this reply and the gif

And to the guy who said Lincoln was the best, you know he was a racist right? Yes he freed the slaves, but there were reasons for that. He probably would havesupported segregation after the slaves were freed though. Since we judge Presidents by their actions within the context of history and not by their character,Lincoln did a good job.

Just remember, Lincoln who preserved the union and freed the slaves was also a racist.

"I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races - that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything."

by:

Abraham Lincoln
(1809-1865) 16th US President
Source:

Fourth Debate with Stephen A. Douglas at Charleston, Illinois, September 18, 1858
(The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln edited by Roy P. Basler, Volume III, pp. 145-146.)

Orly Lincoln?
indifferent.gif

[h2][/h2]

George W BUSH...worse.

maybe so but he's def in the top 5 as of now
laugh.gif
you must know nothing of US history.

There are presidents like Nixon that were openly caught doing illegal acts, others who let people raid the treasury and a couple that made bad decisions thatled to the civil war.

George bush was bad, but there has been way worse. I'd definitely put him in the bottom tie, but when it comes to the worst of the worst he looks likeReagan.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JustScoreda100

George W BUSH...worse.

maybe so but he's def in the top 5 as of now
laugh.gif
you must know nothing of US history.

There are presidents like Nixon that were openly caught doing illegal acts, others who let people raid the treasury and a couple that made bad decisions that led to the civil war.

George bush was bad, but there has been way worse. I'd definitely put him in the bottom tie, but when it comes to the worst of the worst he looks like Reagan.
laugh.gif
What do you think of Andrew Jackson

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

too late.
eek.gif
@this reply and the gif

And to the guy who said Lincoln was the best, you know he was a racist right? Yes he freed the slaves, but there were reasons for that. He probably would have supported segregation after the slaves were freed though. Since we judge Presidents by their actions within the context of history and not by their character, Lincoln did a good job.

Just remember, Lincoln who preserved the union and freed the slaves was also a racist.

"I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races - that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything."

by:

Abraham Lincoln
Source:

Fourth Debate with Stephen A. Douglas at Charleston, Illinois, September 18, 1858
(The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln edited by Roy P. Basler, Volume III, pp. 145-146.)

Orly Lincoln?
indifferent.gif
[h2][/h2]

u have to understand that almost nobody supported racial equality at that time. If he even tried to build a platform on racial equality, hewould've never been president. I'm actually reading a book on Lincoln and Douglass. The author debates whether Lincoln was a racist. Publicly he hasmade racial comments, but privately he has stated that racial equality is a ideal that the nation should strive toward but wouldn't obtain quickly.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

too late.
eek.gif
@this reply and the gif

And to the guy who said Lincoln was the best, you know he was a racist right? Yes he freed the slaves, but there were reasons for that. He probably would have supported segregation after the slaves were freed though. Since we judge Presidents by their actions within the context of history and not by their character, Lincoln did a good job.

by:

Abraham Lincoln
Source:

Orly Lincoln?
indifferent.gif
[h2][/h2]

Duh he was a racist. Everyone was back then so he'd have no chance of being elected if he wasn't. What makes Lincoln so great was partly that he dideverything (the Emancipation Proclamation guilt-tripped England out of helping the Confederacy in the CW, helping the Union win) by doing nothing (theEmancipation Proclamation freed slaves in rebelling territories that he had no control over because they had seceded from the Union.)

I'm not sure if you're aware of this but Lincoln's ideas on race (that a black man has every right to work for his own just as a white man does,)which seem positively archaic and downright offensive to us now, were really a wad of spit in the face of common racial beliefs in the era. A racist? Yeah,sure. A brilliant politician who did what he could to improve race relations in the country as a whole? No question.

Super smh at that JFK gif...I'd really appreciate it if you took that down.
tired.gif

ya, that gif is a little much.

My professor showed that clip to us, and pointed out to us, "notice how Jacqueline Kennedy, after a piece of JFK's head gets blown off, in a shockedpanic, tries to reach back and retrieve a piece of what was blown off?"
eek.gif
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom