NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

yah or nay.. KBS x Xocoveza?

With FBs and even Ten fidy so easy to obtain, I have no regrets with the mixing. But a boost up with KBS.. I just dont know. Anyone want to be a guinea pig. I know someone had mentioned a DBC mix with BCBS, which I never had the balls to try, which in theory would be a poor mans Proprietors BCBS

That dairy queen like ice cream flavor from DbC, if you indeed mix in a touch of it with the Xoco x FBS mix is even more of a treat. I call it, Breakfasts Death of CoCo-veza or BDoC, or pretty much the morning beer of death since you can't stop drinking it.

I'll never do it again. Wasn't that great to be honest.

These two were money.

This was fine.

Cuvée FTW....

Yeah I think FBS is the best mixer. It's great solo, but it doesn't have such overpowering flavors that it interferes with or battles with something like Xoco or dbc. It just adds a richness and mouthfeel that takes the other beers up a notch.

I almost prefer to have this years Xoco mixed than solo, I agree with Wally on that one.

New Grimm hit Long Island yesterday:

This one is hopped with Hallertau Blanc and Galaxy.  Hits on a lot of the same notes you get in their IPAs, but this one has a nice "zesty" component to it.  It's hard to pinpoint what flavor it is, but it drinks really nice.  Glad I was able to get multiple cans.

Stumbled upon this yesterday during my travels:

LIC Beer Project Backjump.  I watched a youtube review of someone describing this as "Heady Topper Jr.".  While I can see the resemblance, it's definitely much sweeter.  Maybe it's because the can is a little over a month old and the malts are starting to show.  Either way, another winner.  I didn't enjoy this as much as I enjoyed Pile of Crowns, but I'm still really liking the IPAs LIC Beer Project is pumping out.  Definitely up there with the best of them.

Tonight I was able to score growlers of Other Half Other Southern and Other Half Broccoli.  Definitely softens the blow of not being able to make it to the release tomorrow.  Will report back on how the growlers taste.  See you all in a bit.  Happy Friday, NT. 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Back as promised.  Here's the first pick of the litter:

Other Half Other Southern.  Double IPA with all South African hops.  There are 4 different hops in total, but I only know Southern Passion and J17 off of the top of my head.  Being one of the only breweries using South African hops, I don't see how I could pass this one up.  I get a general fruitiness/sweetness to it that I can't quite put my finger on.  Maybe passionfruit?  Tasting notes say gooseberry, though I have no clue what a gooseberry tastes like. Not a ton of bitterness to this one.  Really nice, just not sure I can appreciate it fully.  I feel like I'm being exposed to flavors that I've never even experienced before, so it's hard for me to accurately rate this beer.  I'll just keep this at a general "this is very good and I would drink it again."  

Round 2:

Other Half Broccoli.  This is a great west coast meets east coast double IPA.  Hop bill is Cascade, Mosaic, Hallertau Blanc, and Simcoe.  Definitely hits on both styles perfectly.  The Cascade and Simcoe give it a nice green/dank quality, while the Hallertau, Mosaic, and certain elements of Simcoe give it a nice fruity component to balance it out.  A beer like this is why I prefer Other Half to a lot of other east coast IPAs. I don't really care for the "hop pillow" IPA that has no bitterness behind it.  It has its place and is good in small doses, but there needs to be a balance. Broccoli is a good example of how Other Half knows how to strike that balance correctly.  I prefer this to Other Southern, but they're both great.

Cheers!

Damn, no Xoco in my area yet. Might miss it anyways and beer altogether, haven't been maintaining my blood pressure correctly. Loved the ride through, but gotta live. I'll just finish off the fbs and blood orange gose I have left then it's a wrap.

Damn, no Xoco in my area yet. Might miss it anyways and beer altogether, haven't been maintaining my blood pressure correctly. Loved the ride through, but gotta live. I'll just finish off the fbs and blood orange gose I have left then it's a wrap.
Are you in ATL? They've got a few cases at Green's off Ponce. 

I've been focussing on improving my cholesterol lately so I know those problems. Cheers to health!

Xoco is hard as **** to find in Philly, last year places were only selling bottles and limiting it

But I finally got to buy Imperial Biscotti Break, drinking all 4 didn't make for a great morning

I like a nice Ale. John Smith's if i can get it in this country..if not Boddingtons. I like Rogue Dead Guy Ale. Mac n Jacks African Amber, alaskan amber, widmer heff and my all time Redhook ESB.

drinking this to watch the Cubs go to the world series, starting to realize I should wait a few days to drink fresh other half cans, they always taste better a week or two in the can, this one was good but needs sometime to settle

Local beer store just dropped a mother load of 'new' wet hopped IPAs. But none are Lagunitas Born Yesterday, which I heard is pretty phenomenal. The ones I passed on today were:

Upslope Fresh Hop Ale
SIerra Nevada Northern Hemp. Wet hopped Ale
Deschutes Chasin' Freshies 2016

Anyone have of those yet?
They also had like 9 bombers of random stuff. I don't deal with that for the most part.

I did get a single of Backwoods Bastard. I think Im still sitting on 3 from last year. Its oddly one of those beers that just doesnt ever feel like I want to reach for it in the fridge.

I slowed up a bit over the summer as I've tended to prefer stouts to IPAs, but just managed to scoop some FBS and the last sixer of Xoco at my local spot so I'm pretty excited to get back to the mixing life :pimp:

Just got off work, steak cooking, threw on the 9ers...waiting for the walking dead. $0.83 per beer, you cannot beat this. Supporting my local brewery :lol: :smokin

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom