NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Picked this up at my local bottle shop, Santa Clara Liquor. I had this one last season and the concept of bottling a beer and having it in stores for sale the next day still fascinates me. To me, this one lives up to the hype. It's kind of eye opening in that fact that when you take that first sip, you think to yourself, wow so this is what a super fresh beer really tastes likes. They should just call this one an IPA. Those wet hops are quite prominent on the nose and throughout the finish. Zesty, crisp, clean and quite refreshing. Grab this one if you're able to find it!

It's way better on tap. Try it if you can.

Jjjjjjaaaackpot.

First one room temp upon getting home. Seemingly more of a bitterness and heat on this one. But oh so wonderful.

FBS mix for dessert.

I'm surprised at the amount of Xoco I've seen. I've gotten a two 6 packs and there is a lot more sitting from the past years.

This is fantastic, I really like the 35K too

My smaller place looked to have about 8 cases. No limit. I think they got 8 last yr too. I have heard they are releasing this until January. So many more cases to come. But I couldn't resist. No more hunting.

The homie Wally gives no dambs.

I have to test Xoco x FBS before I finally give up on Xoco for this year.

Did dis dude Wally jus did dis?

My mans throwing his paycheck at Stone :lol:
05-compressor.gif

I speak with my heart and wallet when I like something. I was buying up $9 bombers two years back and regretted every second of that on my wallet. So when this comes around $16/six, no regrets.

Stone's beer finder is actually sort of up to date. It didn't show me the stores, but it changed from "check back for a delivery schedule" to giving me a link to a map. I had been checking twice a day since the 3rd.

In reality, I don't have but one draft pint of Stone IPA in a years time. I don't even really look for their delicious IPA or go to IPA or anything else for that matter. I may mess with a single or two of a seasonal. Ruination gets no run with me. Pretty much the same with Founders. When FBS comes out, 2-3 cases easily. Messing with 6 wk old all day IPA is not ideal, nor their Centennial, which sits. And when Xocoveza comes out, Stone needs to treat this like their black friday PEAK superbowl type of event. People are buying more Stone than they will all year long because of this beer.

This is drinking way too smooth and on a lighter end. FBS combo on deck for a night cap.

The beer is hit or miss for many. You have, have , HAVE to like that cinnamon/nutmeg combo as that tends to dominate the smell and initial taste.

Last edited:
okay.. yep. Now I need more FBS to match my xoco 1 for 1.
ee8aaddacf28f12756c6dc3e946561ba_640x640.jpg

50-50 Combo still 100% legit. I almost cannot have Xocoveza alone to be honest. The fuller flavor and mouthfeel of FBS with the winter spices that still shine through make this one of the best combos EVER.

Xoco alone feels thin, maybe too harsh with spices, and bitter.

But a combo pour :smokin
Already down half a sixer.. May need a restock soon :smh:

Last edited:
Would anybody be willing to scoop some Xoco for me? If so, how much would I be looking at after ship?

Stone does not distribute to Oklahoma so I still haven't tried it :frown:

Would anybody be willing to scoop some Xoco for me? If so, how much would I be looking at after ship?

Shipping alone is probably $13-$15/ Thats on top of the discounted $16 sixers I have access to.

Compare that to the $9-$10 22 oz. bombers from two years back (many of which I traded with on here for 8) ), you are looking at about a $30 sixer, which is in line with the bomber price from two years back if thats any consulation.

Honestly you are better finding a person who can do a multiple sixer/multiple bomber trade with and those shipping costs are barely anything when shipping 10-16 beers.

Shipping just one beer is around $11. Shipping 6 is probably $15 range. Jump that up to a solid 16-22 beers, and its only nearing $25.

Trading is a numbers game imho

Last edited:

Arkansas and Texas both get Stone but not sure how close you are to either border

Yo we have xocoveza down here already :pimp: . Just saw some at TW, interestingly enough the Stone website doesn't show it as being available yet down here. Though, I did notice two different prices, $15.99 and $17.99 I think.

Last edited:
Appreciate the replies fellas. I don't think I can justify a sixer for $30. And with it being in Texas and Arkansas, I'm about 3.5 hours from each of them :/

yah or nay.. KBS x Xocoveza?

With FBs and even Ten fidy so easy to obtain, I have no regrets with the mixing. But a boost up with KBS.. I just dont know. Anyone want to be a guinea pig. I know someone had mentioned a DBC mix with BCBS, which I never had the balls to try, which in theory would be a poor mans Proprietors BCBS

That dairy queen like ice cream flavor from DbC, if you indeed mix in a touch of it with the Xoco x FBS mix is even more of a treat. I call it, Breakfasts Death of CoCo-veza or BDoC, or pretty much the morning beer of death since you can't stop drinking it.

Last edited:
this was better than I was expecting, tea flavors are real subtle and smooth and the malt is a nice level of sweet, a nice change from the hop heavy beers and the fact it was 7.99 a 4 pack makes it all that better

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom