NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Happy birthday fellow Nt member.

Shipping wise, it's just always best to go with some sort of quantity. Shipping one four pack is likely to cost say $14. Shipping 5 four packs maybe just $22. There's a definite benefit to quantity shipping.

Just had a few Schlafly Pumpkin bottles with the homies

They all loved it -- potent, but delicious

Last edited:
Happy birthday fellow Nt member.

Shipping wise, it's just always best to go with some sort of quantity. Shipping one four pack is likely to cost say $14. Shipping 5 four packs maybe just $22. There's a definite benefit to quantity shipping.

Good to know.

A local spot down here has Modern Times beers. Any worth checking out?

Last edited:
For those of you guys who have sampled multiple pumpkin beers, is there any chance you guys would mind throwing a list together of your top 5?

I am definitely looking forward to trying some pumpkin beers, however, I can't afford to be trying them all and would like to know which ones to look out for and which ones I am fine to pass on.

With today being payday and seeing all these FBS posts, you guys got me wanting to go shopping to see which of my stores got FBS.

Didn't see MT when I went must've been snapped up. I'll use this time to delve more into kolsch.

Took a quick respite from my cutback last night.  A girl I work with hit me up after our shift yesterday talking about how she wanted to go out and how I promised to show her some good beers. 
laugh.gif

Took her to the best bar open at the time we got out of work (around midnight).  Got some pours of Hill Farmstead Susan, Alesmith Vietnamese Coffee Speedway, and Other Half Mylar Bags.  

She got lucky because she was following my lead on everything I ordered.  Susan and Mylar Bags both kicked on her pours, so she got virtually a full pour on each of those beers for free.  

She's not a beer drinker, but she loved Susan and Mylar Bags.  Wasn't a big fan of the Vietnamese Coffee Speedway though. Couldn't exactly fault her for that when you consider her experience with beer.

Mylar Bags was the definite standout of the night.  Very juicy with a creamy mouthfeel.  For a beer that was 8.8%, it definitely didn't drink like that.  I was pissed that the keg kicked on her pour because I was planning on getting a growler of it after what I had a taste of it. 
laugh.gif
  Either way, it's getting crazy how close Other Half is getting to the quality of Treehouse and Trillium.  Over the past 8 months their hoppy offerings have gotten progressively juicier, hazier, and creamier.  Part of me hates making the trek out to Brooklyn and waiting in line for their cans, but the other part of me realizes that their beers have become a cut above the rest lately.  

Took a quick respite from my cutback last night.  A girl I work with hit me up after our shift yesterday talking about how she wanted to go out and how I promised to show her some good beers. :lol:

Took her to the best bar open at the time we got out of work (around midnight).  Got some pours of Hill Farmstead Susan, Alesmith Vietnamese Coffee Speedway, and Other Half Mylar Bags.  

She got lucky because she was following my lead on everything I ordered.  Susan and Mylar Bags both kicked on her pours, so she got virtually a full pour on each of those beers for free.  

She's not a beer drinker, but she loved Susan and Mylar Bags.  Wasn't a big fan of the Vietnamese Coffee Speedway though. Couldn't exactly fault her for that when you consider her experience with beer.

Mylar Bags was the definite standout of the night.  Very juicy with a creamy mouthfeel.  For a beer that was 8.8%, it definitely didn't drink like that.  I was pissed that the keg kicked on her pour because I was planning on getting a growler of it after what I had a taste of it. :lol:   Either way, it's getting crazy how close Other Half is getting to the quality of Treehouse and Trillium.  Over the past 8 months their hoppy offerings have gotten progressively juicier, hazier, and creamier.  Part of me hates making the trek out to Brooklyn and waiting in line for their cans, but the other part of me realizes that their beers have become a cut above the rest lately.  

But did you hit?

For those of you guys who have sampled multiple pumpkin beers, is there any chance you guys would mind throwing a list together of your top 5?

I am definitely looking forward to trying some pumpkin beers, however, I can't afford to be trying them all and would like to know which ones to look out for and which ones I am fine to pass on.

I've had around 80 pumpkin/octoberfest beers.

Pumpkin beers personally I'd say:

SOUTHERN TIER IMPERIAL PUMKING

SOUTHERN TIER WARLOCK

SAM ADAMS FAT JACK

BLUE MOON HARVEST PUMPKIN ALE

STEVENS POINT WHOLE HOG PUMPKIN ALE

I haven't had SAMS 20 LS OF PUMPKIN yet, but I hear its similar to their Fat Jack.

I have since deleted said list and there are TONs other that are good but thinking/remembering strictly pumpkin beers that are like pie, I'd say those. 

There was also a mini IPA festival by our AirBnB in North Portland. Great selection on draft and had Pliny the Elder for the first time in a solid 4 years. Great beer but I still don't get the hype.

Pliny changed a lot. Apparently. the guy likes to mess with the recipe from time to time, change the hops, etc. At least that's what a brewer from Speakeasy told me. Sometimes you get a good one. But when Pliny first came out, wow. I used to drive to Santa Rosa just to pick it up, but now, not so much. There are just too many good beers out there now.

Really loving the Mosaic from GreenFlash right now and the Sierra Nevada Oktoberfest :smokin

Last edited:
I'm hearing all this hype about SN Oktoberfest.

I really gotta get my hands on that + cop some more Schafly Pumpkin.

Took a quick respite from my cutback last night.  A girl I work with hit me up after our shift yesterday talking about how she wanted to go out and how I promised to show her some good beers. 
laugh.gif

Mylar Bags was the definite standout of the night.  Very juicy with a creamy mouthfeel.  For a beer that was 8.8%, it definitely didn't drink like that.  I was pissed that the keg kicked on her pour because I was planning on getting a growler of it after what I had a taste of it. 
laugh.gif
  Either way, it's getting crazy how close Other Half is getting to the quality of Treehouse and Trillium.  Over the past 8 months their hoppy offerings have gotten progressively juicier, hazier, and creamier.  Part of me hates making the trek out to Brooklyn and waiting in line for their cans, but the other part of me realizes that their beers have become a cut above the rest lately.  

But did you hit?
She's cool, but she doesn't play for my team. 
roll.gif

Have tomorrow off so decided to crack this bad boy open. Probably my favorite of the Tired Hands cans thus far.

EDIT: Cracked this open later. Peaches for days! So damn good!

Last edited:
I think I've found my summertime beer; kolsch. Why isn't this style more popular? Reissdorf is fantastic.

Last edited:
I think I've found my summertime beer; kolsch. Why isn't this style more popular? Reissdorf is fantastic.

probably because it's a lager and most of the craft breweries in the US brew ales because it's easier and faster. There are a good amount of Kolsch style ales though, my favorite is Big Sprang from Trillium

Back
Top Bottom