NT, What Beer Do You Drink?

Yeah, I said I wasn't going to trade anymore for a while but if I don't have to ship anything...might as well right? Will keep you guys posted :D

Just came back from a quick 4 mile jog. Decided to treat myself haha. Sad this is my last TH can.

Last edited:
Love me some FBS! FBS>>>>>>>>>>KBS
Bummer to hear about Afterimage. I'll have to pass on this one as far as trading goes.

Anyone ever try anything from Tired Hands? Just setup an in-person trade this weekend for an assortment of cans.

I've probably had over a dozen Tired Hands beers...everything has been at least really good

Never had any cans as they're 2+ hours away and are typically released on a Wednesday

But if I go down that way I try to stop at the brewpub or fermentaria or both

^ My coworker lives in Philly and says the lines get pretty crazy there. Looks like Tired Hands is doing pretty good for themselves.

FBS is back.. For those interested, first run was likely this batch here, bottle dated 8/5/16.

Subconiously it feels like this beer holds up well But then you have your first fresh one, and that coffee blast is seriously no joke. They couldnt have timed this any better. I was down to 2 FBS's bottle dated around thanksgiving of 2015. So in the interest of science, I will go head to head this weekend
I drank my last 15' FBS about 3-4 days ago. It was so good. Come to find out, a local spot of mine has two cases of last years just sitting on the floor. It's $8.99. I'm going to buy at least two and then grab a couple 16's and do the same thing. I want to see the difference. I don't "age" beer really. Just save it for a reason to drink it. 

I wonder if the price of the 16' FBS will be more than the 15. Usually it's $9.99 I believe. 
Not sure how old you all are but this new generation loves hype and lines with just about anything. And they're the first to get bored an move on. Yet breweries base their business models on them?
The ONLY time I've ever waited in line for beer was 14' for BCS. That was it. Never had before that and never will now after doing it. 
Love me some FBS! FBS>>>>>>>>>>KBS
I know I'm the odd man out, and maybe it's my palate, I'll NEVER understand the hype for KBS. There is just something that does nothing for me with that beer. 

FBS byke :pimp:

I don't want to call all beer like trading cards. But I know many who got into beer for awhile. Then just stopped drinking all together or got into wine or food trucks or fixing up bikes. So many business models are based on constant expansion. I'm truly fearful for many breweries. I honestly love Russian rivers model. They haven't expanded and are just totally set with that fixed profit. Too many see dollar signs and 600% growth figures.

Just venting after drinking that coffee stout. I'm too amped right now lol.

Not sure how old you all are but this new generation loves hype and lines with just about anything. And they're the first to get bored an move on. Yet breweries base their business models on them?

It's been mentioned a few times in this thread before. The "craft beer" bubble will pop at some point, but with BMC buying up these larger microbreweries for hundreds of millions/billions of dollars, I can see why the startups are trying to expand as big as possible, as soon as possible. I don't blame them tbh when you can retire in your early 30s doing something like brewing beer.

I'll never stop drinking altogether, but I've stopped calling my bottle shops/Bevmo to see if they got their shipment _______ beer. There's enough variety of quality beers at the grocery stores down here that I don't have to step foot into a shop specifically for beers. Plus breweries and beer bars are at every corner in SD, so if I'm feeling the itch, I can just walk in for a pint and bounce.

I'll never stop drinking altogether, but I've stopped calling my bottle shops/Bevmo to see if they got their shipment _______ beer. There's enough variety of quality beers at the grocery stores down here that I don't have to step foot into a shop specifically for beers. Plus breweries and beer bars are at every corner in SD, so if I'm feeling the itch, I can just walk in for a pint and bounce.
I've been in this same boat for the better part of this year and part of last. I get this email/Beer Blast from my main spot every Friday and usually by the time I check it, anything "rare" is probably sold out. Otherwise I don't do much hunting anymore. And not having any social media accounts doesn't hurt either.

Anyone try Sams 20 Pounds of Pumpkin yet? My favorite Oct beer they make is the Fat Jack. I'm gonna grab some tomorrow, just seeing if anyone tried it.

drank a mikkeller spontanpear earlier, nicely sour with good fruit notes. perfect for a hot day like this.

A local brewery releases this 6.5% 95 IBU IPA two-four times a year.. Just so happened to release yesterday

Super juicy. Basically the HT or TH or Trillium of NM

I had three pints yesterday, three tall boys today, and two bombers yesterday.. Well worth the title of back to back National IPA challenge winner. No real lines or crazy hype. They will sell out within a week.

New beer try today

Sorta meh on this one. Its not bad but totally average. Buy at own risk
---------
SN Ofest love? Well worth the praise imho.. Great price point. I bought some Ayinger ( I see you Mangudai954) ofest, Spaten, Paulaner, and a Warsteiner Ofest single.. Mini head to head happening tomorrow.

One cool thing about the SN ofest, it has a true malt flavor and presence. If one is to ever wonder what people mean or say when they mention malt flavors, there is this crackery biscuit flavor so present out of the SN Ofest. 95% of IPAs out there hide that sort of flavor. So people initially may not like it or be used to it

Last edited:
Haven't been in the thread in a few weeks. Beer consumption has been strictly on the weekends as of late.

Just got to Portland for a few days and driving up to Seattle afterwards.

I plan on hitting up one brewery in each city. I'd usually cram in more but my wife's pregnant and I gotta' play nice. Any suggestions?

Any absolute must-have beers that I need to try? I have a great list of bars and bottle shops from BA but most of my beer knowledge is geared towards the north east and TX.

Last edited:
@OGMCMXCII
-- have you tried any craft beers? If your local spot sells singles, that'd be a good way to try on the cheap.

Sorry I got suspended before I could see this but man I gotta drive out in the boonies for the good stuff like 30 mins or 25 miles away. All the good stuff is starting to come out for the Fall/Winter months so looking for suggestions for the best of the best.

Back
Top Bottom