NT Uber Drivers

after reading up on the subreddit on this topic, I'm curious what you guys that are currently driving write off as taxes? Do y'all save the receipts or keep an updated spreadsheet? :nerd:
Save all your receipts. Since your car is the business you should keep track of expenses on:
- Gas
- Oil
- Car wash
- Tire rotation
- Brakes

The only thing hats not deductible is your car payment if you still have a lien.

after reading up on the subreddit on this topic, I'm curious what you guys that are currently driving write off as taxes? Do y'all save the receipts or keep an updated spreadsheet? :nerd:
Save all your receipts. Since your car is the business you should keep track of expenses on:
- Gas
- Oil
- Car wash
- Tire rotation
- Brakes

The only thing hats not deductible is your car payment if you still have a lien.

Repped for the code.

Damn, I hope my car note would be written off but it's cool :lol:. Everything else is pretty obvious.

How was the inspection process? I understand they gotta run all your info before they accept you.

Inspection is easy. They only check to see that all your lights are working and your seat belts. They don't check for any mechanical issues :lol:

Took some Uber rides while I was in Paris and Rome last week. Everythign was smooth until the last driver.

I ordered regular Uber, but it was 4 of us with 2 bags each. The guy came in a Benz MiniBus, but he gave us crap because of the extra luggages.

He said we have to an Uber Van, but we were headed to the airport so i didn't want to miss my flight. So I just kept saying yea yea, I'll tip you extra when we get there.

But the whole 30 min ride, he wouldn't shut up about it. When we got to the airport we all grabbed our bags and left. I don't feel bad at all.

He showed up in a big car more than capable to accommodate us and the bags, so why even make a fit. I wouldn't care honestly.

regardless of what he showed up in, he was right tho
yall finessed
cant you designate the type of vehicle youre driving , thats on him right

I signed up for Uber Eats a few days ago, my car is a 2000 so I can't do rides. Anyway I got the approval did everything I need to do but now I'm at the part where I have to create my profile for customers to see my pic. It won't let me upload a pic, I have to do a selfie so when I try to do that I get this message

"Allow Uber Driver to access this devices location?" I click allow then another one comes up about Screen overlay detected. I go to settings and turn it off like it ask but I still get the damn message. Any advice on how to get around this? I have an android if it matters.

Thanks.

Hey drivers, I do both Lyft and Uber in Miami. I do my best to stay away from airports, theres always 90-110 people in queue for MIA.Airport dropoffs are great, but picking people up at airports is a hassle here. I tend to make way better money from lyft. Line is a sham for the driver, but a cashcow for the company.

Met a couple of interesting characters while doing drops. I always see how the person is in the vehicle prior to breaking the ice. Dont want to disturb them if they are on the phone or busy.

I used to work security on the beach and it was harder with less pay than this.

I am already 350 rides into it with lyft.

Hey drivers, I do both Lyft and Uber in Miami. I do my best to stay away from airports, theres always 90-110 people in queue for MIA.Airport dropoffs are great, but picking people up at airports is a hassle here. I tend to make way better money from lyft. Line is a sham for the driver, but a cashcow for the company.

Met a couple of interesting characters while doing drops. I always see how the person is in the vehicle prior to breaking the ice. Dont want to disturb them if they are on the phone or busy.

I used to work security on the beach and it was harder with less pay than this.

I am already 350 rides into it with lyft.
How many hours per week? How much would u say u make on average if u don't mind

uber drivers: how does it work when it is tax season? does uber give you a w2 or somethin?

I didn't even track my mileage in real time.

Uber keeps track of all your fares, so when tax time comes around you can just go back and redo the mileage. I did mine using the uber app and an excel spreadsheet. You also can write off the mileage you put on while you're "driving around" looking for fares.

I didn't even track my mileage in real time.

Uber keeps track of all your fares, so when tax time comes around you can just go back and redo the mileage. I did mine using the uber app and an excel spreadsheet. You also can write off the mileage you put on while you're "driving around" looking for fares.
Do u plan on driving for uber if u move? I think u have to reside in that state for a year

Do u plan on driving for uber if u move? I think u have to reside in that state for a year

Nope. I was all done with uber as of December 2016.

• Car takes a beating
  • Bad for your back/hips
  • No reimbursement for time/traffic
  • People suck at giving tips (and I'm polite and considerate AF)
  • People are generally rude and/or awkward

Nope. I was all done with uber as of December 2016.

• Car takes a beating
  • Bad for your back/hips
  • No reimbursement for time/traffic
  • People suck at giving tips (and I'm polite and considerate AF)
  • People are generally rude and/or awkward
Thx - my brother does just weekends he's fine with 5 hours total both days..I always like hearing the logistics tho - repped

How many hours per week? How much would u say u make on average if u don't mind
Im averaging 30-40 hrs, $450-600.
Ride numbers range from 40-60. Nearly impossible for me to land more than that. I staryed using uber for slower nights but they average ride with uber is $2-7 where as with lyft I can get a good string of $15-20 rides.

Im averaging 30-40 hrs, $450-600.
Ride numbers range from 40-60. Nearly impossible for me to land more than that. I staryed using uber for slower nights but they average ride with uber is $2-7 where as with lyft I can get a good string of $15-20 rides.
Both uber and lyft??? This is for both or just uber

My typical Uber rides range from $4 - $9 but the distances are shorter so there's more rides from Uber

From Lyft I usually get $8 - $15 but I'll get maybe 10 - 15 rides per night.

Both uber and lyft??? This is for both or just uber
Havent done a full week of both, those numbers I gave were pre irma lyft only.

I started using the combo just recently. I had to ask a few times what the deal was with the sign on bonuses since I was meeting the numbers but wasnt getting anything. I was told because it took over 30 days for me to get approved, I didnt qualify for any bonuses. After I reached 300 rides a member of the support team went in and manually approved a $500 bonus because I expressed disappointment in the effort to return ratio. With 95+ acceptance rate, 30+ hours on average a week and 4.8 stat rating but having minimum wage income. They saw that they were doing me dirty and set it up.

Now since the end of the hurricane Ive been doing both. I keep track of down time by how much tv I watch. Since starting lyft I watch season 1-6 of Game of Thrones, latest season of Power, Season 1 of Snowfall, and gotten uptodate with Ballers

image.png

regardless of what he showed up in, he was right tho
yall finessed
cant you designate the type of vehicle youre driving , thats on him right

^^ Was he right ? Yea absolutely

But why make a big deal about it? We were headed to the airport not trying to miss our flight. No Uber vans were available at the time.

We are tourists in another country, why not show some courtesy and let it slide? I would, not a big deal because of a few extra bags that he totally had more than enough space for.

Can you NT Uber drivers chime in? If someone comes with extra bags would you mind, or does Uber track that somehow or something?

Keeping in mind the person tells you they will tip you well in Cash after.

Back
Top Bottom