NT Uber Drivers

^^ Was he right ? Yea absolutely

But why make a big deal about it? We were headed to the airport not trying to miss our flight. No Uber vans were available at the time.

We are tourists in another country, why not show some courtesy and let it slide? I would, not a big deal because of a few extra bags that he totally had more than enough space for.

Can you NT Uber drivers chime in? If someone comes with extra bags would you mind, or does Uber track that somehow or something?

Keeping in mind the person tells you they will tip you well in Cash after.

Depends on the rider, it's probably the same as taking a 5$ uberx (cheapest uber) as opposed to taking an 20$ uberxl (most expensive) except maybe black, he would and should have made more money...due to fact that he is driving in a different league. No offense, but if it were me, I would have cancelled on you, and collected my 4$ cancellation fee and moved to the next ride, and you probably would have missed you're flight. I drive uber select, and I have canceled many times on riders for not requesting the right category, having to much luggage, or too many riders. On the flip side if you tipped him well, he shouldn't be complaining (I know I wouldnt complain with a good tip)
as it would make up for the lost income he would have recieved, (I could be wrong but it sounds like you didn't even tip him) that's cold if so... He did show some courtesy by taking you anyway, If someone has extra bags, I will cancel and collect my 4$ and move on, yes uber tracks how large your party is including bags, they give you an option to cancel due to too much luggage and the rider is stuck with a cancelation fee, and has to request another uber. If you did tip him well he's just a disgruntled driver & don't stress about it, there are many of them, trust me. Honestly it's Ubers fault for this nonsense, they REALLY need to explain the rules and regulations better to the passenger and driver they just approve you and say go drive or catch a ride, you learn as you go... to me that's unacceptable and the need to fix this, along with their ratings system. Hope that helps some. https://uberpeople.net is a good place to see what uber driver go through on a daily basis. Anymore questions I'd be happy to answer PM me or just put it in the thread.

Depends on the rider, it's probably the same as taking a 5$ uberx (cheapest uber) as opposed to taking an 20$ uberxl (most expensive) except maybe black, he would and should have made more money...due to fact that he is driving in a different league. No offense, but if it were me, I would have cancelled on you, and collected my 4$ cancellation fee and moved to the next ride, and you probably would have missed you're flight. I drive uber select, and I have canceled many times on riders for not requesting the right category, having to much luggage, or too many riders. On the flip side if you tipped him well, he shouldn't be complaining (I know I wouldnt complain with a good tip)
as it would make up for the lost income he would have recieved, (I could be wrong but it sounds like you didn't even tip him) that's cold if so... He did show some courtesy by taking you anyway, If someone has extra bags, I will cancel and collect my 4$ and move on, yes uber tracks how large your party is including bags, they give you an option to cancel due to too much luggage and the rider is stuck with a cancelation fee, and has to request another uber. If you did tip him well he's just a disgruntled driver & don't stress about it, there are many of them, trust me. Honestly it's Ubers fault for this nonsense, they REALLY need to explain the rules and regulations better to the passenger and driver they just approve you and say go drive or catch a ride, you learn as you go... to me that's unacceptable and the need to fix this, along with their ratings system. Hope that helps some. https://uberpeople.net is a good place to see what uber driver go through on a daily basis. Anymore questions I'd be happy to answer PM me or just put it in the thread.

^^ Appreciate the response.

As I said I told him BEFORE we loaded the luggage that I would tip him in Cash for the extra trouble. It was a 30 min ride, the ride was like 40 euros. I was going to tip him 20 Euros Cash.

I did NOT tip him at all because literally the whole ride this guy kept complaining and was very rude. Like you said if it were trouble he should've just canceled. I'll pay a Cancellation fee no problem.

But the fact that he kept nagging just pissed me off.

Also I never use Uber, so I wasn't sure if that's some sort of policy or International Uber thing. I was headed to Fiumicino airport in Rome.

I only mind if they dont put the correct amount of riders. Had the passenger said they would tip, I wouldn't mind. If I had to cancel a line passenger due to the baggage space, then I would have made a comment, otherwise I wouldn't say anything. I use a minivan and regularly deal with alot of baggage when picking people up from grocery shopping. I've also had Lyft Plus calls for 8-10 passengers and I dont mind because XL is automatically a $20+ ride 99% of the time for me.

going through the inspection process tomorrow for lyft. Hopefully start driving by next week.

got approved today! have the day off, so Imma try and drive for a while, hopefully shoot for 30 rides.

got approved today! have the day off, so Imma try and drive for a while, hopefully shoot for 30 rides.

Congrats, and good luck! Depending where your driving 30 rides in a day seems easy, but you'll be surprised how difficult it can be some days it may take you 12 to 16 hours to get that many. Check out https://uberpeople.net for some pointers because Lyft/Uber don't give many they expect you to learn on the fly. Just watch for trolls/misleading advice in this forum. Your best bet is to lurk for a while then post if you want. Also Uber/Lyft spies moniter the forum, so be careful what you post and dont use a real pic of yourself or car as an avatar.

my use w/ uber is very limited...

me and my sister used uber in Bmore to get from Inner Harbor to Max's Taphouse in Fells Point

when the driver was in very close proximity to us he asked where we were and my sister said the restaurant we were standing in front of didn't know the cross street but said across the street from the gallery for a point of reference in case he wasn't familiar w/ the restaurant) which i think he would have to go down the street and turn somewhere to get to us since there was a median in the middle of the street

after a few minutes he cancelled, my sister got a message that the driver was unable to complete the transaction or something to that effect

but my sister got a $5 cancellation fee :lol:

anything that can be done about that?

me and my sister used uber in Bmore to get from Inner Harbor to Max's Taphouse in Fells Point

when the driver was in very close proximity to us he asked where we were and my sister said the restaurant we were standing in front of didn't know the cross street but said across the street from the gallery for a point of reference in case he wasn't familiar w/ the restaurant) which i think he would have to go down the street and turn somewhere to get to us since there was a median in the middle of the street

after a few minutes he cancelled, my sister got a message that the driver was unable to complete the transaction or something to that effect

Call

Driver was most likely playing games he got close enough to you that his GPS said he'd arrived (it happens more than you'd think), he probably immediately cancelled and collected his fee after the 5 minutes as you being a no show (I know he's playing games because if a driver cancels only 2 ways he's getting a cancel fee... He's close enough to you that his GPS recognizes him as being there, therefore he can hideout wait 5 minutes and cancel you as a no show and move on, or Driver arrives and you have too many passengers, or too much luggage. I would call and Uber might give some kind of discount, waive the fee, or give you a complimentary ride with restrictions. I don't know how they'd handle it as I've never even run the rider app, but I hear of people getting complimentary rides or refunds all the time. It's drivers like this that make all drivers look bad. Also I'm sure you know as a passenger if you cancel a ride after 2 minutes you're getting a cancel fee, or if you cancel on a driver on route who is running on time you'll also get a cancel fee.

Is there an uber or lyft or uber eats bonus I can do 2 hrs a day everyday for a month that can net me 4-600 dollars? Looking to make a few extra bucks before my vacation.

Is there an uber or lyft or uber eats bonus I can do 2 hrs a day everyday for a month that can net me 4-600 dollars? Looking to make a few extra bucks before my vacation.

Not really... Uber has this thing called quests they randomly pop up, and if you do so many rides in the slotted time you'll get the bonus. Other than that it's just one of those gigs that you either have a good day, or a bad one like waiting tables. I don't know about Lyft I hear they do some kind of guaranteed money if your day is slow, but I honestly have no idea how it all works I've never driven for them.

Man what a PITA night 3 pings 2 cancel no shows and 1 vomiter... just got done cleaning my ride... o well less than 4 hours and with the vomit/cleaning fee I brought home $175.96 Not bad money wise, just coulda done without the vomit...@cjfuego your new and I don't want to scare you, because I've got over 1,000 trips and so far only 2 pukers so it's not like an every night thing, but if you're gonna drive at night (bar/club crowd) invest in some weathertech floor mats or something similar, some puke bags (I actually prefer a bucket or bathroom sized trash can but I drive an SUV so it's easy access) some upholstry/carpet cleaner and some ozium air freshener the spray is my choice, but both work great (I actually have both in mine) to keep in the car. Sooner or later your going to get a puker...I almost strictly drive select and still get them... seriously who throws up in a Benz all dude had to do was ask me to pull over?.? You have to assume it's gonna cost you big time.

Geez sorry man..try to keep ur windows cracked for now too lol

It sucks mostly because it takes you off the road for the night but it's part of the gig, and I got paid $150.00 just to clean up some puke (I got paid a lot less than that, and did much more disgusting things as a busboy in highschool) I got leather seats just wiped them down with some Lexol cleaner and conditioner , and weathertech floormats I sprayed off with the garden hose, so all I really had to do was shampoo my carpet. Just waiting on it to dry now, and I think I'm gonna get back on the road... today should be busy with the Astros game this afternoon.

Man what a PITA night 3 pings 2 cancel no shows and 1 vomiter... just got done cleaning my ride... o well less than 4 hours and with the vomit/cleaning fee I brought home $175.96 Not bad money wise, just coulda done without the vomit...@cjfuego your new and I don't want to scare you, because I've got over 1,000 trips and so far only 2 pukers so it's not like an every night thing, but if you're gonna drive at night (bar/club crowd) invest in some weathertech floor mats or something similar, some puke bags (I actually prefer a bucket or bathroom sized trash can but I drive an SUV so it's easy access) some upholstry/carpet cleaner and some ozium air freshener the spray is my choice, but both work great (I actually have both in mine) to keep in the car. Sooner or later your going to get a puker...I almost strictly drive select and still get them... seriously who throws up in a Benz all dude had to do was ask me to pull over?.? You have to assume it's gonna cost you big time.

good looks brody! will definitely be prepared.
I drove for 6 hours out here in LA during the day so I didn't experience the total nightlife driving. Pretty successful 1st 2 days. Copped some free concert tix and networked.

Looking to get on uber or lyft driving. Had a 4.84 rating with over 500 rides as a passenger. I’ve got roughly 18-20 hours a week free time with lease 2016 Honda CR-V.

I’m typically busy Monday thru Thursday from 12-5(baseball coach)

Looking to bring in 400-600$ a month. Located in the peninsula(Bay Area). Is it possible?

Looking to get on uber or lyft driving. Had a 4.84 rating with over 500 rides as a passenger. I’ve got roughly 18-20 hours a week free time with lease 2016 Honda CR-V.

I’m typically busy Monday thru Thursday from 12-5(baseball coach)

Looking to bring in 400-600$ a month. Located in the peninsula(Bay Area). Is it possible?
If you’re willing to sacrifice your Friday and Saturday nights my estimate would be that you could rake in probably $2k every month with that much time on your hands.

Back
Top Bottom