NT: My 1,000 post (a little late) FREE UNLOCKED IPHONE GIVE AWAY...

I found an iPhone earlier this year...

Called AT&T, told them about it.
Got connected to the father and told him i would wait for his daughter.
Waited about an hour (she was in class).
Gave it back to her.
She just said thanks and walked off.

Haha, oh well... at least she got it back.

Originally Posted by N O R E A G A

^hope you aren't talking about me. Swear on everything I love that my story is legit.

naw not u i mean like that guy getting caught
roll.gif
i believe your story butsome people are just reaching he should of made it who can make up a good story or something not something serious

on second thought, this is a great idea:

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

meh nevermind don't feel like writing my sob story. you never know if these posters are telling the truth or not just to get your phone. so you should pick somebody who has done something selfless for NT or the community or something that we already know about... like i think his name is NiPxD or something like that, dude who sent mad packages to NTers.

& truly selfless people would not take your phone if they already had a phone.

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

Hey op give the iphone to the kid who gave his jordans to the homeless shelter he deserves it all these other people are just making posts up i believe he honestly deserves it. As they say Karma can either be a %*$$+ or a good thing
happy.gif
in my opinion, every story is legit except ripfan...

Originally Posted by Ripfan8I6

what's not "legit" about my story?

everything I typed is true
Judging from previous posts of yours, you troll in a way that if someone calls you out, you try to get e-laughs and hit them back. Then they comeback harder (pause) and then you hit them with a "I'm just jokin
grin.gif
" or "Can't you take a joke
grin.gif
." Basically, youtry to be a tough guy be making ridiculous comments and then when you get called out you are just jokin. This leaves me reason to believe you created that feelgood story and I'm calling you out. Now just admit it was a "joke".
grin.gif

And I'm curious as to what fine institution you went to. I went to Leavenworth so I know the KC area well. Please don't tell me you went to Washingtonor Wyandotte
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
. I don't expect you to be honest though and whatever you say I won'tbelieve anyway so have a nice day
happy.gif

BTW, sorry OP for sidetracking the thread. Let the legit stories continue
smokin.gif

The main point of this entire thread was for people to be able to reflect on what is positive in their life, and if it is genuine, good, and something to beproud of. To all the young cats making jokes and rhymes, that's cool, we were all at that age once. To all of you guys telling tall tales and making amockery of this, that's cool, it's niketalk man what do you expect?
smile.gif
But for all of you guys who are posting genuine stories of positivity, i commendyou... wether you get the phone or not, hopefully someone is motivated by your story and follows in your footsteps.

So far I think this thread is great and can't wait to keep on reading more of them...

Originally Posted by p0tat0 5alad

what's not "legit" about my story?

everything I typed is true
Judging from previous posts of yours, you troll in a way that if someone calls you out, you try to get e-laughs and hit them back. Then they come back harder (pause) and then you hit them with a "I'm just jokin
grin.gif
" or "Can't you take a joke
grin.gif
." Basically, you try to be a tough guy be making ridiculous comments and then when you get called out you are just jokin. This leaves me reason to believe you created that feel good story and I'm calling you out. Now just admit it was a "joke".
grin.gif

And I'm curious as to what fine institution you went to. I went to Leavenworth so I know the KC area well. Please don't tell me you went to Washington or Wyandotte
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
. I don't expect you to be honest though and whatever you say I won't believe anyway so have a nice day
happy.gif

BTW, sorry OP for sidetracking the thread. Let the legit stories continue
smokin.gif

I don't even live in Kansas, I live in Missouri. I graduated from Lees Summit North. You probably know where that is right?

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

meh nevermind don't feel like writing my sob story. you never know if these posters are telling the truth or not just to get your phone. so you should pick somebody who has done something selfless for NT or the community or something that we already know about... like i think his name is NiPxD or something like that, dude who sent mad packages to NTers.

& truly selfless people would not take your phone if they already had a phone.
co sign
simplydimply with the mature posts...most of the time

What i do to help the kids in my community is i go to the local ymca AFter school program and play games with the children there on my free time. i play alltypes of games with them like 4 square, checkers and air hockey [just some examples]. i also help them with their homework. i put in alot of money so the kidscan go to places like roller world or bowling. in my high school i take time out of after school and durring school to work with the mentally handicapped kids.we put on school plays and we help them make food in our school Cafe. sometimes i give some of my VNDs jordans to the kids and the special kids who likeMichael j. sometimes on the weekends i work with kids in boston who need help reading and things of that nature. i also help kids out who have cancer at thechildren hospital, i read them books and stuff like that basicly show them a good time within their hospital. one time i grew my hair out and cut it off so icould give it to a cancer organization.

thats real talk... i hope you get to read this i really need a phone my last one got stolen =/ my luck huh? lol

i tried stickin close to that 100 word limit

Originally Posted by Adidas Freak

I am currently enrolled to go to community college for my freshman year. I plan to stay for 2 years then transfer to a 4 year school. I plan to obtain my teaching degree in the field of physical education (I.E. weights, health, team sports). I would one day like to be able to teach at the fine school I recently graduated from because I love the school and the community. As of now I have helped my local community by supporting and helping raise money for school trips for sports teams and church trips. I have also done 300+ hours of community service by donating my time to the church I attend by helping clean the nearby highway of trash tossed by motorists. Also in my junior year of high school I was in my schools junior S.P.U.R program where every day I went to an elementary school and helped kids grades K-6 with their daily activities in art class. I like giving back to the community, especially those of younger age because they follow suit and in the future by passing on by helping people themselves.
Someone got some explaining to do.

[h3]NT, Tell the truth. Did you cry at your high school/college graduation?[/h3]

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

No, the complete opposite. I hated high school.
nerd.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by jamergrady

Originally Posted by Adidas Freak

I am currently enrolled to go to community college for my freshman year. I plan to stay for 2 years then transfer to a 4 year school. I plan to obtain my teaching degree in the field of physical education (I.E. weights, health, team sports). I would one day like to be able to teach at the fine school I recently graduated from because I love the school and the community. As of now I have helped my local community by supporting and helping raise money for school trips for sports teams and church trips. I have also done 300+ hours of community service by donating my time to the church I attend by helping clean the nearby highway of trash tossed by motorists. Also in my junior year of high school I was in my schools junior S.P.U.R program where every day I went to an elementary school and helped kids grades K-6 with their daily activities in art class. I like giving back to the community, especially those of younger age because they follow suit and in the future by passing on by helping people themselves.
Someone got some explaining to do.

[h3]NT, Tell the truth. Did you cry at your high school/college graduation?[/h3]

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

No, the complete opposite. I hated high school.
nerd.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

smile.gif

i visited my 4th grade teachers on friday and spoke to her class about how tough it is to grow up in a bad environment. tried to show them i was just likethem, lived where they did, and that you can make it out and be successful.

this summer im doing an army national guard "adopt a brother" program. like, three days out of the week i'll be kicking it with some troubledyouth and try to keep him positive about life.

I guess I'll throw it out there.

In the program I've been in in Middle School and High School we were given a requirement of community service to do. In middle school, I helped out in myMom's Head Start class, which is preschool for low-income children "that provides comprehensive education, health, nutrition, and parent involvementservices to low-income children and their families" (sorry, I took it from Wiki lol). In the next four years of High School after that I continued to helpout in the classroom, but also began to do other types of community service. I became involved with Habitat for Humanity at a club at my school that not onlyworked with Habitat for Humanity, but other organizations as well. We tried to give people opportunities for community service as it was still a requirementand people needed hours. While I coordinated some of the stuff, I also did some service hours. I helped build houses, pull weeds, pick up trash, plant treesand other things. Also, in my program there is a requirement to do a huge group project for our science classes. Our school has a nationally recognized creekproject that we have been doing for quite some time. I, as well as everyone else taking a science class in our program, had to get involved in the project forJunior and Senior year. The project does an envirnomental study of a watershed in our community through 11 different studies that the students are placed into.Through the comprehensive project we analyze the health of the creek and give our data to governement organizations studying the area.

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

I would cure world hunger with it.

I'm kidding though I don't even want that broken piece of $*%%.

If you sent it to me I'd throw it at the elderly and terminally ill.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I have been doing community service every summer since my freshman grade
now im a senior, I did community service for the boys and girls club, the one in charles town, wv and the one in wheaton, md.
I go from 12 or 1 till about 3 or 4 and I have begun befriending 2 7 and 9 year old boys since a month and a half ago that claim that they are depressed I workwith them with their social skills, and on sundays, we have gone so far to DC, six flags in baltimore and Charles Town with my dad for about 2 hours, and wejust kick it, go to museums, or fish/swim
but yeah that is about it, so far they seem happier

I make it my duty to help the youth avoid the mistakes I've made. I've been a substitute teacher and I make sure to stress the importance of workinghard in school to free their parents of collegiate financial debt. I make sure they value the importance of respecting and helping others and understand howfar a good attitude will take them. I don't have any siblings help guide, but i make sure to give encouraging words to the future generation.

Right now in school to become a elementary school teacher. Got offered a position as a teacher's aid when I was a freshman in college (2006), which got meinto becoming a teacher. Probably the best decision I've made.

I guess i'll write a lil something.

I'm still in highschool. I will be in 10th grade to be exact. I don't really help the future of for childrens, well,

because i'm still a kid. *Sings* I'm Just a kid and life is a nightmare

I'm just a kid, i know that it's not fair. Nobody cares, cause I'm alone and the world is

Having more fun than meeeee tonight *Ends singing*

Anyways,

even if i can't help kids like me by joining these orginiazation and stuff,

i can relate to what teens (like me) are going through.

a lot of adults thinks they know what goes on inside a teenagers mind but really,

they don't.

Now how do i help you may ask?

i do not do anything big like, play with handicap children's, or feed homeless children's, or

do community services.

but what i can do is relate to other teenagers and how they feel about life.

Ya DIG?!

that is all.

just adding my 2 cents into this.

I just finished my first year of college and this was the first year i didnt work at a afterschool program that was located where i lived around because i wentout of the city.

I started helping elementary school kids out when i was a sophomore in hs, mostly for money, but from there i've been working until the summer of mysenior year. The program runs in multiple schools and i've pretty much worked in all of then although i am associated with one particular one. That schoolhas been shrinking in the amount of students since i started working (from 200 to 40) and it is quite sad for me when i visted the school after my semesterended. The kids i taught when i first began were now graduating and the program is contemplating just giving up on the program in the school.

Since i started working there i've considered my contribution a community service since i no longer care for kicks as much as i used to. I've movedfrom the lowest position (assitant teacher) to the higest in a school building (supervisor) because of my hard work. I've been volunteering since mysemester ended and the recession has definitely hit the education system hard.

Its not community service since i've been paid for nearly every hour i've worked but it is a service to the community helping kid with immigrantparents

At the University of Washington, I am involved with a program entitled Young Executives of Color, in which I work with underrepresented minorities inimpoverished schools so that I may promote success through college. By mentoring in the Young Executives of Color (as well as through UW's Association ofBlack Business Students outreach), I connect with student in middle- through high-school, and maintain contact to ensure that we are diversifying collegecampuses, and diluting poverty in Seattle.

I'm an aspiring teacher myself. I've noticed your posts in the WDYWT thread, as the teacher with heat on right? Lol. I recently just graduated H.S.,and am currently enrolled in community college majoring in English. I'm working this summer off and selling of most of my collection to help pay for booksand such. My high school years were not easy, mostly on my part, admittedly. I lacked the motivation, and school didn't seem to interest me at all. To giveyou an better idea, I got F's the entire Freshman year. And some.
ohwell.gif
Sophomore year I took school a bit more seriously... But that still wasn't enough, I still felt like a failure because of that huge gap inmy transcript. Eventually I was forced to transfer and leave all of my friends senior year because I was too deficient to catch up in a normal public highschool. I then enrolled in a charter school, not too far down the street from my house. The teacher I had there was very understanding of my situation...Helpful, kind, smart, talkative. The perfect teacher. He kept assuring me that I'd graduate... Which helped a lot, because I still had a lot of regret deepdown inside. To cut it short, I caught up, and graduated about 3 weeks ago. Missing out on prom, and walking the stage saddened me a bit, but I'm resilientand have a lot more in life to look forward to. I want to become a teacher, preferably helping JAR (Juvenile At Risk) because I feel that there aren't manypeople willing to teach in that particular field. Several teenagers and children deserve opportunities, and I honestly feel that the old cliche, it's nevertoo late, is true.

My mom needs a new phone, so I figured why not. Heh.

Back
Top Bottom