NT am i overreacting? (people in long term relationships need only reply)

u overreacted... but its understandable. and now u have a reason to be suspicious... who spends that much time with their parents when they move out? lol jk...but forreal... she mighta just been waitin on u to leave for that trip...

i get how you feel though. of course you'd act up more easily than normal because you feel like you're dying with that sickness of yours. i would haveprobably done the same. i dont completely blame your girl though but she should be there for you. Would you be there for her asap if she was feeling sick? itscrazy how she left you alone for 2 nights. sucks man, but good luck to you on that.

Originally Posted by LifeLessons

im saying though night sweats???

Man its terrible too, feeling like someone straight dumped a bucket of water in my bed.

Originally Posted by Ouch my feet

You sound controlling.

Your girls actions sounds completely justified.

Justified?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by trapmuzik617

u overreacted... but its understandable. and now u have a reason to be suspicious... who spends that much time with their parents when they move out? lol jk... but forreal... she mighta just been waitin on u to leave for that trip...

laugh.gif
nah man, we straight thats not it, but i swear if i were feeling up to fighting i might go that route just because
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by l2icel3oi9i6

i get how you feel though. of course you'd act up more easily than normal because you feel like you're dying with that sickness of yours. i would have probably done the same. i dont completely blame your girl though but she should be there for you. Would you be there for her asap if she was feeling sick? its crazy how she left you alone for 2 nights. sucks man, but good luck to you on that.

Im sayin 2 nights of suffering, and of course i would drop what i was doing, and especially if i wasnt even doing anything of any importance like she is.

somethins a lil fishy here...she dnt come home 4 three days n u got a fever...words couldnt tell how heated i would b lol u handled it way better then i would.

I guess I'm one of the minority on here, I don't feel like you over-reacted at all. I would've been just as heated in that situtation.

Just think how she would react if the situation was reversed. I know my girl would flip the hell out if I BS'd her like that about coming home when she wassick.

Originally Posted by FeelMode

Originally Posted by FreezeTag

Exactly my mans relaxs,if the chick you really posted is your girl. You a lucky dude she's in your corner.

Que?
You must be talking about the Hot GF thread from the past couple weeks, which of course she is "really" my girl
laugh.gif

But someone please explain to me how "I am a lucky dude" when she isnt even here to be taking care of me. She isnt the only "hot" girl ive ever been with, so her getting by on her looks does nothing for me. Regardless she is pretty much my wife so im not going anywhere, but because she is my wifey i expect certain things of her, and taking care of me when im sick is one of those things.
I was pretty sure the majority would say i was overreacting thats why i made this post but i just wanted to make sure. Thanks guys.
indifferent.gif
alien.gif
indifferent.gif

Based upon your description of the matter, you are NOT overreacting. Why shouldn't you expect your girl to be there for you, especially for a time whenyou are sick and have been sick for a few days. Not even to push it to the marriage tip, but as they say......"in sickness and in health". Yourgirl is suppose to be there for you and doing her best to take care of you, she should drop just about anything she is or was doing at the time.

I dont think your are especially if you've been dating this girl for a while.

if i even have so much as a cold i expect my girl to be there for me. i'm spoiled though.

In my experience, men are the biggest effin babies when it comes to being sick. you'll live. I wouldn't take care of you either if I was getting cussedout. Plus sounds like she had plans since you were going to be out of town.

As a female I would definitely say you were over reacting. Do you not have health insurance? From what you described it sounds as though you were painfullysick. Is your girlfriend an R.N or a Doctor? If I was her I would stay away too...whatever you had could have been contagious. Instead of manning up andtelling her to stay away so she doesn't get sick, you actually wanted her to come around you and expose her to potentially contagious germs.

I think she did nothing wrong. She had duties of her own. You are a grown man. That baby act is a TURN OFF.

The only thing she could have possibly done different is perhaps picked up some essentials for you, dropped them off and bounced before she caught whatever itwas you contracted.

curious....how often does your girl get to go home to her parent's? (and how far away is it?)
my girl lives with me...and that's one thing that I consistently feel bad about...that she doesn't get to see her family as much as I get to see mine.

but overall...I'd say you were overreacting a bit.

you are 100% right in my opinion

I am in a similar situation, my girl lives with me, we just got married and I 100% support and pay for everything she does/has and I give her the best

in return not only do I expect, but i demand to be taken care of domestically as far as cooking/cleaning and taking care of me if im sick

anything less is unacceptable

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

curious....how often does your girl get to go home to her parent's? (and how far away is it?)
my girl lives with me...and that's one thing that I consistently feel bad about...that she doesn't get to see her family as much as I get to see mine.

her parents live about an hour and half from here, but we see them every couple weeks.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Based upon your description of the matter, you are NOT overreacting. Why shouldn't you expect your girl to be there for you, especially for a time when you are sick and have been sick for a few days. Not even to push it to the marriage tip, but as they say......"in sickness and in health". Your girl is suppose to be there for you and doing her best to take care of you, she should drop just about anything she is or was doing at the time.

Thats exactly how i feel, im supposed to marry this girl.

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

you are 100% right in my opinion

I am in a similar situation, my girl lives with me, we just got married and I 100% support and pay for everything she does/has and I give her the best

in return not only do I expect, but i demand to be taken care of domestically as far as cooking/cleaning and taking care of me if im sick

anything less is unacceptable

Thank you.

Originally Posted by FeelMode

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

her parents live about an hour and half from here, but we see them every couple weeks.
...but you also have to consider how close is she with her family.
I'm sure if she's close and doesn't get to to see them that often...it would be hard to just leave.

I think you're overreacting by being all pissy and telling her not to come home. That's just wrong to say.

Yeah, you're overreacting. Aplogize, chalk it up to being sick. My wife does take care of me when I am sick, but now that we have kids.....yikes. I wassick before New Years and just couldn't lie down for the life of me. She had to take care of them, and I did the chores and stuff. I swear having kids youfind this hidden energy and strength that you have never tapped into.... I never understood the saying "I CAN'T get sick" until now..

But I truly feel it helps recovery time being taken care of by a loved one when under the weather.

We do have a kid, i told her to leave our son at her parents house so he wouldnt get sick. My lady has the best immune system i have ever seen. Now i cant sayfor sure that i wouldnt have gotten her sick but if anyone could avoid catching what i have it would be her.

And yes, she always takes care of me when im sick, and before her it was someone else, and someone else before that. Maybe i have been a little spoiled buttrust if this was just some cold or something i wouldnt even care but honestly guys i feel like im on my death bed. I dont have energy to even make myselfanything to eat let alnoe drive myself anywhere. I ran out of the essentials and have had to ask neighbors of mine to help out with things like water.

Dirty, she is pretty close with her family but like i said we see them all the time.

Overall i think i may have overreacted with the words i used but by that time i was so disappointed and just mad that she hadnt showed up yet my temper got thebest of me.

So my temp is still over 101, 4 days now with it being this high or higher by this time im starting to get a little worried

I just read the cliffnotes but I believe you are over reacting.

I'm also a huge baby when I get ill but I never expect my wife to drop everything she is doing just to take care of me. She maybe my other half but she hasbigger responsibilities than to take care of me 24/7. Just cause I'm sick doesn't mean the world stops for her.

But hey that's just my train of thought.

I drive maself to the emergency when I know I am gonna be mad sick..no one knows i feel but me..you can tell her but she might think it's one of thosethings..maybe she something came up...if you have insurance why not just go to the hospital..I mean you drove from San Diego which will be like an hour andhalf depending on where you are coming from and going in LA.

Feel mode you are 100% trippen.

1. "my whole life i have had a chick take care of me when i was sick" Its time to become self sufficient my friend. BTW you should never refer toyour mom as a "chick"
2. With a temp of 103 you should have went to the hospital. Even if you don't have insurance.
3. Maybe you should have communicated your needs to your girl in a way that would be clear to her. For example. "Baby, I'm dying here. I would reallyappreciate it if you could bring the laundry here, I could really use your help right now. I haven't eaten since....

Back
Top Bottom