no one should have a billion dollars. no, not him either.

The myth of the self made billionaire needs to stop. No one is a self made billionaire. Recorded human history is about 5000 years. If you made $5000 a day, one for each year in history, you wouldn't even be close to Jeff Bezos' worth. You'd make far less in 5000 years than he does in 1. Tell me how one person alone "earns" that? How much work does he personally do to accrue that? I don't see him alongside the minimum wage workers he employs, pissing in a bottle because demands are high.

We’re in a thread stating there should be no billionaires.

You said that as if no billionaire ever had done that. Idk where you work at, but my wages are livable, my insurance is paid for in full by my job. You know good well they donate, if not for the tax write off alone. The problem is how that money is allocated.

On top of that, what is going to make the world “better” is subjective. If ninjahood ninjahood got billions and spend hundreds of millions of lobbying to politicians to legalize prostitution, would you be ok with that? In his mind, he’s making the world a better place.
I mean...legalizing prostitution would make America a better place, but that's neither here nor there.

But no...I don't say that "as if no billionaire had done that." I also work a job with livable wages, good benefits, and a retirement package, but I'm not naive enough to believe that we speak for the majority of the workforce. I've worked enough **** jobs to know just how exploited the working class is. I've seen staffing get cut because they "didn't have the money" while they underwent a multimillion dollar renovation process and marble fountain installation in the entrance of the building.

You're convoluting my argument and focusing on specific details rather than seeing the bigger picture. You know damn well that there are billionaires out there that are doing whatever they can to hold onto as much of their money as they can at the expense of others.

Y’all talking about taxes tho. Of course they should pay the same taxes as everyone else. Saying billionaires shouldn’t exist is a completely different animal, and saying that the rich should assist the poor reeks of entitlement. Like your cousin hitting the lotto and expecting him/her to pay your rent because, “****, you got it!”

Bruh how can you defend a billionaire existing when kids are dying from hung
It is wild that so many people still believe the myth that anyone can achieve anything as long as they work hard enough

The funniest man I really don’t get it

Not tres commas, but I thought this was funny. The dudes who unbox their sneakers on youtube must be tight :lol:

I just want to clarify that Donald trump is not a billionaire

Whoever made that reference

Not tres commas, but I thought this was funny. The dudes who unbox their sneakers on youtube must be tight :lol:

I doubt it. There are far more kids that play with toys and YouTube itself, than there are adults that are into sneakers.

Some Gems in this thread..

giphy.gif

Man, all the kids in my family love this YouTube channel.

His parents are corny as hell. They’re immature and mentally unstable. That’s the only reason it blew up.

Im bout to copy that **** when I have kids.

I personally synonymize 'self-made' with rags to riches.
So, if you’re middle class, you can’t be self made? If a billionaire gives a poor person money, they are self-made?(How many times that’s ever happened has nothing to do with your perception of what a word means.)Also, you think everyone that is rich, was born rich? Really??

I think people think self made is a myth because, 2 reasons they don’t really understand what it means, like “impeachment” haha(word to me), they have a “poor” mentality. “I’m broke, always gonna be broke. The most I can hope for is to be ok and that’s not my fault.” Because if you believe there’s no such thing as

Self- Made:having become successful or rich by one's own efforts.

Effort is the key. If you have an idea yourself and you make the moves to get the ball rolling, and the OUTCOME is wealth, you’re self made. Some are taking the phrase wayyy too literal.

I would never want the type of responsibility that comes with having that type of wealth. I can’t imagine being happy.

We can’t have wealthy brown people. There are no wealthy black – or brown – people in America. We got some rich ones, we don’t got no ******* wealth. People go, “What’s the difference?” Here’s the difference. Shaq is rich. The white man that signs his cheque is wealthy. “Here you go, Shaq. Go buy yourself a bouncing car. “Bling-bling!” I’m not talking ’bout rich, I’m talking ’bout wealth, OK? I’m talking about the white family that owns all the Similac. Those rich *************. I’m talking about the white family that owns the colour blue. Those rich bastards. I ain’t talking ’bout Oprah, I’m talking ’bout Bill Gates, OK? If Bill Gates woke up tomorrow with Oprah’s money he’d jump out a ******* window. He’d slit his throat on the way down. “Ah, ****. “I can’t even put gas in my plane.” I’m not talking ’bout rich, I’m talking ’bout wealth. Cos wealth will set us ******* free, OK? Cos wealth is empowering. Wealth can uplift communities from poverty, OK? A white man gets wealthy, he builds Wal-Marts and makes other white people have some mother****ing money. A brother gets rich, he buys some mother****ing jewellery, OK? Do you know what the **** I’m talking ’bout? I ain’t talking ’bout rich, I’m talking ’bout wealth. Wealth is passed down from generation to generation. You can’t get rid of wealth. Rich is some **** you can lose with a crazy summer and a drug habit. ****, Rick James was rich. One minute you’re singing Super Freak, the next you’re doing Old Navy commercials. “Give it to me, baby! Give me corduroy!” Not talking ’bout rich, I’m talking ’bout wealth.

Chris Rock "Never Scared" 2004

Interesting topic. I don't know how to go about redistributing wealth. But at the end of the day i do agree a healthy and well educated society will lead the human race to new heights. And I think that is the goal. So with that as a back drop i think the billionaires could help raising the health and overall well being of humanity....so going to say yeah agreed there shouldn't be billionaires.

Back
Top Bottom