No NEW EDITION MOVIE thread?

Im a huge Jodeci fan, HUGE but Jodeci got a few duds on every album. The whole new jack and fast pace **** was wack for them.

Boyz II Men's first two albums are great. I remember a video for the third album being wack as hell and just lost all interest for some reason but the first two albums were serious

NE has done a few tours over the years. Kind of funny that this one is a big deal now. I wanted to take my mom when they were here but tickets were like $200 a pop. I'm gooooood but they've been here a few times. BBD been here a few times and so has Gill. ****, Brown was actually here like a year ago and I wanted to go but I couldn't spend $60 to see his old fat *** out of breath on stage.

I'm down for a new NE album but I don't want it to sound like today's trash. I need them to get with REAL R&B writers and producers. No Drake features or no dumb ****.

Last edited:
Jodeci's whole reunion album was a dud.

I hate when people say this. I strongly disagree. Every Moment was one of the best singles last year. That **** was real. The other songs like Jennifer, Show Out, Those Things and Checkin For You were all tough. If you play those five and don't feel them then we like different R&B. I think the album was 9 or 10 songs and I rock with 7 of them easily. A few duds on the album but it was a good album.

I was even at the reunion show. That **** was dope as hell. Women still going crazy. KCi still wild as hell. DeVante looked like he's emotionally ****** up and Dalvin was the only one that looked clean and healthy.

Last edited:
I hate when people say this. I strongly disagree. Every Moment was one of the best singles last year. That **** was real. The other songs like Jennifer, Show Out, Those Things and Checkin For You were all tough. I think he album was 9 or 10 songs and I rock with 7 of them easily. A few duds on the album but it was a good album.

Agree to disagree. Every Moment felt like a real Jodeci song, Nobody Wins was alright, will go back and listen to it but I just thought it would've been better.

Im a huge Jodeci fan, HUGE but Jodeci got a few duds on every album. The whole new jack and fast pace **** was wack for them.

Boyz II Men's first two albums are great. I remember a video for the third album being wack as hell and just lost all interest for some reason but the first two albums were serious

NE has done a few tours over the years. Kind of funny that this one is a big deal now. I wanted to take my mom when they were here but tickets were like $200 a pop. I'm gooooood but they've been here a few times. BBD been here a few times and so has Gill. ****, Brown was actually here like a year ago and I wanted to go but I couldn't spend $60 to see his old fat *** out of breath on stage.

I'm down for a new NE album but I don't want it to sound like today's trash. I need them to get with REAL R&B writers and producers. No Drake features or no dumb ****.
This had me 
laugh.gif
. Idc if he's washed now, his hits >. This also makes me appreciate Big Daddy Kane even more now who is still doing his thing and isn't totally washed. 

I hate when people say this. I strongly disagree. Every Moment was one of the best singles last year. That **** was real. The other songs like Jennifer, Show Out, Those Things and Checkin For You were all tough. I think he album was 9 or 10 songs and I rock with 7 of them easily. A few duds on the album but it was a good album.

Agree to disagree. Every Moment felt like a real Jodeci song, Nobody Wins was alright, will go back and listen to it but I just thought it would've been better.

Check those songs my guy. Nobody Wins was trash. I feel like people expected Cry For You and Forever My Lady. This was their first time making music in over 10 years together. I also think because of all their alcohol and drug problems, they're an easy target and people just like to shi on them.

"Don't Be Cruel" is a classic album but his third album, "Bobby" might be just as good or even better. That album there is hard as ****. It doesn't have the big singles but it had more songs and they were all good. Even the fourth album "Forever" had joints.

Last edited:
Check those songs my guy. Nobody Wins was trash. I feel like people expected Cry For You and Forever My Lady. This was their first time making music in over 10 years together. I also think because of all their alcohol and drug problems, they're an easy target and people just like to shi on them.

Man the last thing I want to do is shi on them fam, just wasn't a fan of the album, I might have been in the demographic you were talking about, the ones that expected cry for you.

Could be that I expected trash, I thought it would be a disaster. Me and my lady play that **** in the house all the time. "Every Moment" comes on and it's a wrap.

Last edited:
The "Can you stand the rain", "If it isn't love" and Bobby getting his hair chopped going into "Every little step" were my favorite moments in the movie. Everything was just so on point

"Don't Be Cruel" is a classic album but his third album, "Bobby" might be just as good or even better. That album there is hard as ****. It doesn't have the big singles but it had more songs and they were all good. Even the fourth album "Forever" had joints.

That third album "Bobby" was a banger. Storm Away, Humpin Around, Get Away, College Girl, That's The away Love Is were gold. The reason that album didn't do as well as Don't Be Cruel was bad timing. Music was shifting away from New Jack Swing to Gangsta Rap. A lot of new jack swing artists albums flopped because of the shift in the newer trend of music.

Also, that scene where Mike Bivens was talking to one of his artists was supposed to be MC Brains. He often accused Mike of ripping him off for years but Mike explained it on a logical way. MC Brains had a hit with Oochie Coochie and expected the bread to be flowing in after that. But Brains wanted to party all the time and it follow up on that success and not tour, hence why his buzz faded and he ended up dead broke.

Side note, it's always been on my bucket list to see New Edition in concert and this tour I'm finally going to go. I saw Jodeci in concert two years ago with Dru Hill and SWV and it was a incredible experience

Just finished this movie, this was very dope, very well done. They done better than the dudes who did the temptations movie and that movie a classic.

Bobby's biggest hit may not have been on any of his albums. That Ghost Buster joint has to be his biggest crossover hit.

Last edited:
He dead *** sounded like Mike.

You could tell he was really trying to get into character. I was worried I'd type cast him and only see him as "the dude from Empire" throughout the entire series. That perception was short lived though. He did his thing.

Last edited:
The "Can you stand the rain", "If it isn't love" and Bobby getting his hair chopped going into "Every little step" were my favorite moments in the movie. Everything was just so on point

I'ma say it again....."You're Not My Kind Of Girl" is my ****.

And after "If It Isn't Love", which was the lead single from HEARTBREAK, it was considered a disappointment.

"Can You Stand The Rain", "Crucial" and "N E Heartbreak" all came after and were all bigger.

Was hyped that that song got a full scene (or damn near close to one).

Bobby's biggest hit may not have been on any of his albums. That Ghost Buster joint has to be his biggest crossover hit.

Looked it up for the hell of it. My Prerogative is his ONLY number 1 song but it went gold. On Our Own hit number 2 but went platinum.

Heartbreak and Home Again are my favorite NE albums. Favorite off Heartbreak is Superlady and NE Heartbreak. I wish Bobby was on Heartbreak but oh well. Home Again is severely underrated.

Back
Top Bottom