No NEW EDITION MOVIE thread?

I've had Bobby's book in my Amazon cart since the day it dropped. Still haven't bought it. SMH

Finally watched this last night. Definitely the best thing BET has done in a long time.

I was born in 88 and for some reason I missed basically everything New Edition. I remember hearing about Bobby and Johnny from my mom when I was growing up but I really don't know **** about the other guys.

I like many others was shocked that Bobby wasn't the lead singer. Bobby was certainly a wild boy though. NE wouldn't have worked nearly as well with him at the lead.

I felt bad for Ralph after reading this thread. Seems like he kinda got the short end of the stick.

My man Mike wasn't taking no Ls, good to see him prosper even after getting stiffed for over a decade. :smokin

Can someone explain to me why the dude that played Johnny Gill looked so familiar? It was bugging me the entire time and he he's only had a few roles.

I know he's a real singer himself. Didn't know that til I looked him up, but he looks very familiar and I've seen him in various stuff, yet I don't know where :lol:

I thought I was the only one. I've def seen son somewhere else before and it wasn't for singing....

You can play Jodeci's albums right now and they don't sound dated.

The show, the afterparty, the hotel >>>

Last edited:
Boyz 2 Men>New Edition>Jodeci.

Helllll no! Uh Ah (remix version) was the only song I ****** with from Boys II Men and I bought their boring *** first album back in the day and the remix wasn't even on there. :smh:

Jodeci was a turnt up version of BBD. They definitely took the Bobby routine (off stage) and ran with it.

I'll take Jodeci over B2M any day, even today. But overall, NE had hitssssss. No way you can put either of the other two groups ahead of them. NE's catalog (especially when you factor in solos and spin offs like LSG and BBD) is crazy.

Boyz 2 Men>New Edition>Jodeci.

8a6599da6063888c4ed737e678a4d50d081ba76788b34556032fcaea2c212c20.jpg

Last edited:
I developed a new appreciation for the Johnny Gill era of New Edition after being reminded of how many of my favorite songs of theirs are from that time along with how dope Johnny's voice is.

Found myself in a situation where I had to stay up through the night because I'd oversleep if I knocked (worst :smh:) and ran through the three pieces back to back.

Very well done series and I look forward to the team behind it hopefully taking another story relevant to our culture and doing it justice.

Shout out to Luke James for trying to do a DC accent with Johnny Gill. That takes effort right there.

The ***** that played Ronnie, NY accent got progressively stronger as the movie went on :lol:.

And that ***** from empire is MUCH MORE tolerable without the cuts in his eyebrows.

Hate to say it...but he killed his role as mike.

No ****. My daughter kept asking me about Mike. "Daddy he had money when the others ones didn't huh?" [emoji]127997[/emoji]‍♂️[emoji]127997[/emoji]‍♂️

Last edited:
Bruh sounded just like Mike. Even in the tbc interview if I wasnt watching I wouldn't have known who was who.

Son was looking like a young ai in certain scenes.

Dude that played gill was looking like Webber and ye at times.

Shout out to Luke James for trying to do a DC accent with Johnny Gill. That takes effort right there.

The ***** that played Ronnie, NY accent got progressively stronger as the movie went on :lol:.

And that ***** from empire is MUCH MORE tolerable without the cuts in his eyebrows.

Hate to say it...but he killed his role as mike.

He dead *** sounded like Mike.

Back
Top Bottom