Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warriors in 7

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
JR Smith can create his own shot and get to the rim but he loves the jump shot

Could he do it at an All-Star level? No but he could help this Cavaliers team doing that
It's been years since JR was getting to the rim at a consistent rate but he can do it for the cavs but just "loves the jumpshot."

What suggest that this version of JR smith can get to the rim with any sort of consistency?

Friendly, you don't think there's physical limitations to his game that inhibit him from doing it? 

JR has a bad first step.

He doesn't get a lot of separation off the dribble...that's why he's always rocking back and forth until eventually he finds some space or is always stepping back.

Yea, Jr probably has the ability to do all that Yea, but the team philosophy appears to be either Kyrie and LeBron do all the ball handling work and everyone else feeds off of that. Now that Kyrie is hurt, it's only LeBron obviously.

Is it the right strategy? Probably not.

Will they change it up? Unlikely.

Coach LeBron likes it the way it is right now.

*edit

Iman seems to have some of that ballhandling ability too, at least during the Bulls series. After Nikola knocked him down in Chicago, Iman started crossing ppl over and driving to the hoop, and converting on his drives. None of that is seen this series however. Maybe someone needs to clothesline Shumpert again.

Last edited:
JR has a bad first step.

He doesn't get a lot of separation off the dribble...that's why he's always rocking back and forth until eventually he finds some space or is always stepping back.
This is exactly what I've been saying.

He doesn't beat anyone off the dribble, with any sort of consistency. He never has. People thinking he's choosing to shoot step back jumpers 
laugh.gif
 nah man. Just because you can dunk and occasionally get to the rim don't mean you can do it. If that were the case, you could say this for about every player in the league.

JR been a jump shooter for 12 years man.

I don't why this is even being discussed.

After 10+ years in the league, SGs don't go from jump shooters to slashers. It's the other way around.

It's been years since JR was getting to the rim at a consistent rate but he can do it for the cavs but just "loves the jumpshot."

What suggest that this version of JR smith can get to the rim with any sort of consistency?

Friendly, you don't think there's physical limitations to his game that inhibit him from doing it? 

No the dude is just 29 years old, I don't know how he would have the physical limitations yet?

He's just a NBA dummy who loves the jumpshot and the Cavaliers/Blatt/Lebron want him to stand in the corner and play off Lebron

Last edited:
so...if when lebron wins..he makes his teammates better...than when he loses...he has no help....why did he choose to stop making his team better...?...is this not his fault...by that logic..?

Essentially Bron is in an all win situation with these Finals when it comes to legacy (according to some). He loses, the team had no shot to win with their lineup and no star ever could have done it with this group. He wins, he carried the worst team and franchise ever to a championship. Win/win right there (win)
told my boy this and his reply

"Aren't they both true statements?"

I just wanted to die ....

No the dude is just 29 years old, I don't know how he would have the physical limitations yet?

He's just a NBA dummy who loves the jumpshot and the Cavaliers/Blatt/Lebron want him to stand in the corner and play off Lebron
Well the limitations don't have to do with age. It's not like he had a blazing quick first step in HS. Even in the NO he wasn't getting to the rim like that. He's never been a guy that could consistently play in the paint off the bounce. He isn't a deft ball handler either. When you combine is ball handling and his lack of athleticism it's obvious why he chooses the jumpshot. That's my point.

It isn't that he loves the jumpshot, it's that in most cases he can't get anything better due to his physical limitations. Some guys just don't have those physical skills in the cards for them. 

I disagree

He's not going to give you All Star production doing that but it could help Lebron

Or Lebron can continue to isolate all game and shoot 39 percent.

Looking for solutions, not excuses

Last edited:
I disagree

He's not going to give you All Star production doing that but it could help Lebron

Or Lebron can continue to isolate all game and shoot 39 percent.

Looking for solutions, not excuses
40%. Not that it matters though.

JR Smith trying to consistently make plays off the dribble helps no one. He's best suited in the role he currently is in. The cavs got to the finals because of 1) Playing in the east and 2) JR Smith's shooting. He couldn't even get in the paint against the bulls and hawks but somehow, him trying to put it on the floor and get to the rim would help the cavs. He can't do it. He would probably turn it over or end up shooting even more contested jumpers with an increased role. 

At the end of the day, the solution is for JR and Shump and delly to make shots. Period. The fact that we are saying their names as a solution to the problem, is the problem with the situation. 

When Lebron is having to do everything and play 45 minutes a night against the best O and D in the league, his percentages will suffer, this is on top of the fact that he isn't the finisher he once was due to decline. That being said, the best chance for the cavs to win is the way they played in games 1,2,3, and most of game 5.

Last edited:
who out here getting sawbuck cuts expecting to look good :rofl:

Fam if my barber offered me a 10$ cut I'd assume it was a set up

:rofl:

NTers don't go to barbershops that charge more than $10 doe. :nerd:

I wouldn't trust a 10$ haircut, no sir.

who out here getting sawbuck cuts expecting to look good :rofl:

Check the "black guys struggle cuts" thread.

Allotta dudes in there getting them Value City cuts

that's terrible...the tip is more than the damn hair cut.... or wait yall don't tip either prbly why you have a $10 barber :lol:

last time there was a $10 barber was in HS & it was my homie who would literally take his time getting home & have 10-15 people waiting on him & did them back to back ...you might get a nice cut or you might have to wear a hat for a couple days :rofl:

thank god my brother has always cut my hair so I don't worry about that struggle

In fairness, if Kyrie and Love are playing, this series is even easier for GSW, because the Cavs wouldn't play even close to this level of defense. No way, no how.

They are offensively challenged, no doubt, but this defense they play now, with Delly, Shump, Tristan, and Moz is :wow: compared to where they were the first 3 months of the season. Love and Kyrie aren't doin that.

I agree and disagree.

Defensively, sure, Love and Kyrie would not be better in that department but offensively, they'd help a ton. Right now it's too easy for the Warriors D. They only need to focus on Bron and that's it. With Kyrie and Love, they'd be able to draw more fouls, set up different offensive schemes but probably MOST important...give Bron more than 20 seconds of rest the entire game. That's where i feel they miss those two the most. Cavs can't afford to have Bron sit for any extended periods of time due to them having no other healthy play maker on their roster right now. People overlook this as if this isn't probably the biggest disadvantage for them right now.

Thats just Kyrie then, not Love. Love wouldn't create shots, they would have to dump it into him. Since I just saw them bench Mozgov off a 28-10, Love likely gets same treatment.

I mean, why couldn't Moz play with JR, James Jones, Tristan, and Delly while Bron sits? :nerd:

You can't go into the post, with spot up shooters and a hustle O rebounder on the floor? :nerd:

Or would that lineup be out of sorts with zero rhythm?

He has the perfect excuses. Nintendo numbers, then blame all the other guys when they fail, not his fault. But he was getting ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the credit when they won 2 games, but zero blame in 3 losses. It's brilliant really.

you guys do realize Cleveland went like 35-3(or somthing wild lke that) with their full lineup after Bron came back from his layoff right?

so the whole "series would be easier if they were healthy" talk is nonsense.

Last edited:
Like I said a couple days ago, I really think if Kyrie was healthy, that he would've flourished against this small ball lineup the Warriors trot out.

Love is redundant. He's a TT that spaces the floor. Wouldn't be able to play Love and TT at the same time against the Dubs, they'd be substituting for each other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom