Nintendo to Unveil Next-Gen Console at e3 2011 vol. Here we go

Hardcore Mario Bros in HD? 
smokin.gif

i think it all boils down to what do you like.
Alot of people down the Wii, but the truth is, the Wii introduced ground breaking new technology to the video game experience.
If this next gen system is as powerful as they are claiming then how could anyone not consider this a "real" system?

That is virtually all that Sony and Microsoft did.
From Xbox to Xbox 360 the only real difference is an upgrade in graphics and more powerful processors.
From PS1 to PS2 to PS3 the only real difference is an upgrade in graphics, more powerful processors and a blu-ray player(for the PS3).

But somehow if Nintendo upgrades graphics and processors it wont be a "real" system.

If Nintendo obtains better developers this next gen system should do just fine.

i think it all boils down to what do you like.
Alot of people down the Wii, but the truth is, the Wii introduced ground breaking new technology to the video game experience.
If this next gen system is as powerful as they are claiming then how could anyone not consider this a "real" system?

That is virtually all that Sony and Microsoft did.
From Xbox to Xbox 360 the only real difference is an upgrade in graphics and more powerful processors.
From PS1 to PS2 to PS3 the only real difference is an upgrade in graphics, more powerful processors and a blu-ray player(for the PS3).

But somehow if Nintendo upgrades graphics and processors it wont be a "real" system.

If Nintendo obtains better developers this next gen system should do just fine.

I am a gamecube wii owner and i also own ps ps2 ps3 etc but mainly nintendo sony do it for me this will be copped

I am a gamecube wii owner and i also own ps ps2 ps3 etc but mainly nintendo sony do it for me this will be copped

I don't see how anyone can not be interested in this?

It is more powerful then any current gen console on the market. Nintendo is always innovative so you know it will be interesting to play with the rumored screen on the controller.

But IF they obtain 3rd party support this will do fine. It will basically be a next gen console. If they have a new COD for it and the screen on the controller is actually helpful (some how idk how) with better graphics why would you not want it?

Nintendo has the best platformer licenses. All they had been missing was hardcore gameing ability. No one wanted to play Madden, 2k, any FPS with a wii mote. Just didn't translate well just got frusterating. So if they aim to fix that like they have been saying i think they can and will.

I can't wait til e3.

I don't see how anyone can not be interested in this?

It is more powerful then any current gen console on the market. Nintendo is always innovative so you know it will be interesting to play with the rumored screen on the controller.

But IF they obtain 3rd party support this will do fine. It will basically be a next gen console. If they have a new COD for it and the screen on the controller is actually helpful (some how idk how) with better graphics why would you not want it?

Nintendo has the best platformer licenses. All they had been missing was hardcore gameing ability. No one wanted to play Madden, 2k, any FPS with a wii mote. Just didn't translate well just got frusterating. So if they aim to fix that like they have been saying i think they can and will.

I can't wait til e3.

I am satisfied with what I have. I have NO interest in spending more $ on another system. So count me out. So what if it is more powerful than 360 and PS3. I have no faith in Nintendo doing anything for ME.

I am satisfied with what I have. I have NO interest in spending more $ on another system. So count me out. So what if it is more powerful than 360 and PS3. I have no faith in Nintendo doing anything for ME.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

It's only right Nintendo goes out like Sega. Hopefully once the console flops they can be a third party dev. I don't know anyone who os interested on buying a new game system anytime soon.
Right. And definitely not a system from Nintendo. I am cool playing 2K and COD (Infinity Ward) until the 360 dies. Hopefully that isn't any time soon.
I'm not sure if you guys are being serious but Nintendo will NEVER go out like Sega. Sony destroyed them with the PS1. The PS1 vs. N64 THEEE most lop-sided console war of all time. Not only that, Nintendo tried to comeback with the Gamecube and Sony destroyed them even more. They were beating Nintendo so bad Microsoft decided to make a console. The thing is even then Nintendo didn't back away and stuck to their script and finally they became contenders. The Wii outsold the Xbox 360 and PS3...COMBINED. The DS shattered videogame sales and is the number one selling system of all time. 
So now after reclaiming the number one spot and having tons of CASH from humiliating their competition, what's the next step?

Invest all of that money into a new console and let another Golden Age happen. Super Mario in HD.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
Legend of Zelda in the new Unreal Engine. 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
 Good time to be a Nintendo fan.

Let's be real too...Nintendo makes the most quality games out of all the publishers. Super Mario Galaxy should not look that good running on a gamecube 1.5. 

I really don't understand how someone can say I'm good with CoD, Nintendo didn't ever really anything for me. At least with Nintendo you KNOW you're getting a quality title, something that will be fun to play for years, and the most important thing...innovation. I'm not knocking on the people that play CoD and all that but you guys are the problem. That's the reason we get 3 maps for 15 dollars...

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

It's only right Nintendo goes out like Sega. Hopefully once the console flops they can be a third party dev. I don't know anyone who os interested on buying a new game system anytime soon.
Right. And definitely not a system from Nintendo. I am cool playing 2K and COD (Infinity Ward) until the 360 dies. Hopefully that isn't any time soon.
I'm not sure if you guys are being serious but Nintendo will NEVER go out like Sega. Sony destroyed them with the PS1. The PS1 vs. N64 THEEE most lop-sided console war of all time. Not only that, Nintendo tried to comeback with the Gamecube and Sony destroyed them even more. They were beating Nintendo so bad Microsoft decided to make a console. The thing is even then Nintendo didn't back away and stuck to their script and finally they became contenders. The Wii outsold the Xbox 360 and PS3...COMBINED. The DS shattered videogame sales and is the number one selling system of all time. 
So now after reclaiming the number one spot and having tons of CASH from humiliating their competition, what's the next step?

Invest all of that money into a new console and let another Golden Age happen. Super Mario in HD.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
Legend of Zelda in the new Unreal Engine. 
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
 Good time to be a Nintendo fan.

Let's be real too...Nintendo makes the most quality games out of all the publishers. Super Mario Galaxy should not look that good running on a gamecube 1.5. 

I really don't understand how someone can say I'm good with CoD, Nintendo didn't ever really anything for me. At least with Nintendo you KNOW you're getting a quality title, something that will be fun to play for years, and the most important thing...innovation. I'm not knocking on the people that play CoD and all that but you guys are the problem. That's the reason we get 3 maps for 15 dollars...

Imagine a 3rd person Pokemon game in HD...walking around in tall grass then getting attacked by a Pigeoto...epic
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Imagine a 3rd person Pokemon game in HD...walking around in tall grass then getting attacked by a Pigeoto...epic
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Respect that

If its priced normally.  Like 3-4 hundred.  The games look good and they get support from 3rd party i will probably cop.  They are saying that sony and microsoft aren't looking at a new console for another 3 years or so.  Nintendo is smart to come to market now.  When PS4 comes out it will be better then the Wii2 but it will be so far removed Nintendo will be on its own release cycle. 

It would be hard to not want a darker Zelda or just a 1080p Zelda would be cool.  Mario Kart, Smash Bro's some great party game potential

a color display on the controller as your in game map on COD ... automatically scrambling when the other team has the counter UAV up ... when you equip certain perks like the personal uav or whatever it shows on your controller ...

i dont know how it would work because you have to take your eyes off the screen for a second, but it would free up that space on the screen ...

a color display on the controller as your in game map on COD ... automatically scrambling when the other team has the counter UAV up ... when you equip certain perks like the personal uav or whatever it shows on your controller ...

i dont know how it would work because you have to take your eyes off the screen for a second, but it would free up that space on the screen ...

Respect that

If its priced normally.  Like 3-4 hundred.  The games look good and they get support from 3rd party i will probably cop.  They are saying that sony and microsoft aren't looking at a new console for another 3 years or so.  Nintendo is smart to come to market now.  When PS4 comes out it will be better then the Wii2 but it will be so far removed Nintendo will be on its own release cycle. 

It would be hard to not want a darker Zelda or just a 1080p Zelda would be cool.  Mario Kart, Smash Bro's some great party game potential

If they make a 3d pokemon game just like on the handheld systems for the new console with better graphics and you can play online battle people etc its a wrap and you all know it
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

If they make a 3d pokemon game just like on the handheld systems for the new console with better graphics and you can play online battle people etc its a wrap and you all know it
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

it all comes down to the online portion of the system IMO.
Really? The Wii has done extremely well without a dedicated online gaming infrastructure.

Originally Posted by SonOfTony

it all comes down to the online portion of the system IMO.
Really? The Wii has done extremely well without a dedicated online gaming infrastructure.

Back
Top Bottom